• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Im only using it for Ring fit sadly. If we could go outside normally i would play on it probably more, but at home i got a ps5 and pc with gamepass. So plenty enough to play over the holidays. Animal crossing was the last game i bought this year and there is nothing on the horizon that interests me so far. (Botw2 seems far away).

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Hades is about the only thing I have touched, rest of the year its been pretty much left alone.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, mine.

I'm just literally waiting for Metroid Prime 4

And if Yuzu ends up emulating that game well, I might just sell my Switch. So far it's been a waste of money.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
No. It's the only dedicated gaming device I own, and I still have a modest pile of games to play on it.

I get in at least a few hours every week. I'm glad that I jumped in last year so the droughts aren't affecting me.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. There's been less I'm interested in on the system this year. Picked up Super Mario 3D All-Stars but that was it. Not really interested in Age of Calamity. Wish I was tbh.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Not recently since Age of Calamity came out, but definitely before that. If you have other consoles and/or a PC, the Switch is only useful for exclusives, and those have slowed down significantly this year. But that's been Nintendo consoles in a nutshell since 1996, so it's not like I'm surprised or disappointed or anything. It's certainly a step up from the Wii U.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's only collecting dust because I don't take it out of the dock.

Plenty of great games have come out on it lately so I don't know. Play Age of Calamity, No More Heroes 1/2 or the GotY (Hades).

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Mine is because my room is very dusty and I've been playing a 100 hour rpg on my PS5 so there's no time for Switch games right now. I do have plenty to play on it though. But I also can't because the fan is currently broken and I need a new Switch. My current one overheats in like 30 minutes of play time.

Oct 27, 2017
Mine gets used all the time, especially since I bought a second dock for the bedroom. It's become my nightly Doom machine.

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't missed a single day in Animal Crossing, and I play a few rounds in Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate several times a week too, so my switch will never gather dust.

I do wish more new games came out though, sure. Although I still haven't picked up Age Of Calamity and I'm looking forward to playing that.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
A little bit. The spring/summer for me was completely Animal Crossing. I burned out on it and had a great time with it. I havn't played anything on Switch since.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Absolutely not!

I've never had such an incredible backlog of new, indie, and classic games all on one system. I also have a huge wishlist of games that I'm waiting to go on sale.

Colloco

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
florida
No.

I play it literally everyday despite my main gaming system being xbox and pc due to destiny and dota

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, just finished Xenoblade DE and am currently playing Shiren the Wanderer. Not that I care much if I wasn't playing it, there are plenty of games elsewhere and I don't keep track of hours played per console/PC.

Porkepik

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't used it for nearly a year, because of covid, i used to play it at work on my breaks. Being mostly working from home I use a lot more the ps and xbox consoles (even more so with the ps5 and series x the last month)

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
This year was rough, but there is always Smash Brothers.

Here's hoping next year isn't a repeat of this one.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
you know, thinking about it, "gathering dust" doesn't mean much for most consoles since I don't think using most consoles will prevent dust build up
True. Ever see the inside of a heavily-used PS4 or Xbox One? That shit gathers more dust when it's on than when it's off.

Hell, with PS5 you can remove the dust without voiding your warranty. Who needs an activity log? Just keep the dust. Played a lot of Demon's Souls lately, have ya? How much dust you got? Only 3 grams? Those are rookie numbers

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played mine a tonne since something like Celeste maybe. It's been a long while.

I purchased it mainly as a travel / work break device (besides big first party stuff I play docked). So with Covid and working from home it's neglected due to my PC and now PS5.

I doubt that will change till something like BOTW2 drops, which sucks it's a great machine.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've picked it up here and there throughout the year, but PS4/5 & FFXIV on pc have been my go to this year.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
i use the switch when i travel, but when i have other systems available i don't use it

think fire emblem was the last big must-play switch game for me

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i always put it in a bag so i can't catch dust.

real answer, i still play some games often.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch is weird. There's a stretch where there is nothing and then suddenly there are like... 8 things

Currently playing:

• Kirby Star Allies
  • Mario Odyssey (replay)
  • Sekuna of Rice and Ruin
  • Fire Emblem 1
  • Smash Ult.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Haven't used it since... Luigi's Mansion 3? I think that was the last exclusive I was interested in.

I'll use it again when Bravely Default 2 comes out, I guess.

It's time for Nintendo to announce some big games. Real Nintendo directs feel like a distant memory.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Yeah mine, used it primarily for ringfit and then got too busy for that. Next game is...uh..hmm....SMTV? If it reviews well.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I've played it every day since Animal Crossing came out, lots of games besides that one, too. Backlog has built up a lot this year too. So, uh, won't be collecting (metaphorical) dust anytime soon.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
God no, I play all my indies on the Switch, i can't put it down actually

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
9 months since the last time i use it, so yeah. Probably will stay that way until BOTW 2.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Nope, I'd still recommend a Switch to those that don't have one. However since getting my Series X I've played it less definitely.

Can't agree with the 'drought' sentiment, not yet anyways
Yeah I'm playing mine less now that I have an xsx but I was playing it a ton before I got my xsx. Game pass is awesome but there is too much content so I'll definitely be playing my switch less. But still, the Switch is still my favorite console of all time and I've owned most of them. Play time will definitely pick up in 2021. Nintendo lineup will be insane. And we'll be seeing droughts on the Xbox and ps5 (less so on xsx due to game pass) so switch will be back stronger than ever next year

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Didn't really touch it between 3D All-Stars and Picross S5. Not wanting to play Age of Calamity on the current Switch so it'll probably go mostly unused until 3D World. The same thing happens from time to time with all my consoles to be fair. I play most games on PC if they're available there.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Yes. I only play Nintendo games on my switch. It doesn't change the fact that it's great but yes. I'm in the process of moving and I've felt no need to hook it back up

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Yeah switch has been collecting dust and even with monster hunter in a few months i don't think I'll touch it anymore. Series x and gamepass taking care of all my gaming needs.

I need to get on the B/S/T and get some cash for it.

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, mine! The battery is always depleted since I barely touch the damn thing.
I turned it on today for the first time in 4-5 months since I'm thinking about getting Super Mario 3D All Stars

I still have faith I'll be able to play SMT5, Bayo 3 and Metroid Prime 4 on it.

Oct 27, 2017
There are a ton of games and I believe but could be wrong it seems like it has the most game support of any Nintendo home console since snes.

i think you're likely stuck in a rut. What games/genres do you like? Which ones do you not like? Try something new and something outside of your comfort zone

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Like, say, Nintendo games.
Even then not really. They just launched Age of Calamity, then Pikmin 3 Deluxe, before that Super Mario 3D All Stars. All in about the past 2 and a half months. Also a Kirby game if I'm remembering correctly.

If you mean to say "brand new, internally developed first party Nintendo games" then sure there's a drought of those. Fortunately for me my tastes aren't ridiculously limited like that.

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
Nope, gets 7 days a week usage from me. But you know what is gathering dust for me? My PS5 and XSX, literally no games on them I care about and none on the horizon.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Yeah I'm playing mine less now that I have an xsx but I was playing it a ton before I got my xsx. Game pass is awesome but there is too much content so I'll definitely be playing my switch less. But still, the Switch is still my favorite console of all time and I've owned most of them. Play time will definitely pick up in 2021. Nintendo lineup will be insane. And we'll be seeing droughts on the Xbox and ps5 (less so on xsx due to game pass) so switch will be back stronger than ever next year

I feel like the loading time improvement on the Series X actually got me back into a lot of games that I didn't realise I bounced of because of long loading times...

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kinda. I have not played my switch lately due to kinda being distracted by a ps5 and Series X.

I played If Followed yesterday and there's a bunch of other stuff on my list. By no means is there a drought of games!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished 100%ing Hyrule Warriors after 70 hours and finally started Tales of Vesperia, will most probably pick up Puyo Tetris 2 as well, mine is not getting dusty for a while, haha.

Oct 28, 2017
Not interested in the portable aspect of the console and can't stand terrible performance, so yeah. I'm just waiting for the next banger from Nintendo themselves.