• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which next gen console will you buy

• PS5 (with or without drive)

Votes: 455 47.0%
  • Xbox Series S/X

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • PS5 + XBX Series S/X

Votes: 374 38.6%
  • I will upgrade my PC

Votes: 227 23.5%
  • Switch Pro

Votes: 204 21.1%

• Total voters

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
I see no reason to own both for me. Atleast at launch. PS5 Day 1 and Xbox maybe in a few years once the exclusive catalog is worth it.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
theres really no true exclusive on the xbox that i can't get on pc. but having a dedicated box wouldn't be so bad if i know it'll run without any issue. i'll see what the library offered in the coming months.

Sosukae

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to get both. But depending on the PS5 price and there backwards compatible policy - and Sony being clear with what games are going to be in it will be a driving force for me getting it at launch and trading in my PS4

boi

Nov 1, 2017
I saved lunch tickets in excess of EUR 1200,- that I can also use in some tech stores. I'll use that to buy both.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get both for sure! Excited for Spider-Man and Bugsnax on PS5 and I'm excited about getting everything else for my XSX.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I still plan on getting a 3080 and a PS5. I don't really see any compelling reason to get a XSX and upgrade my PC, but I am also extremely fond of the XBox brand and ecosystem, and have literally hundreds of games on XBox - it really seems unlikely that I will not get the XSX, it just also doesn't seem to make sense to do it?

The other option would be to get the XSX/PS5, and keep my 2070 powered PC for what I call PC "exclusive" games - grindy stuff, RPGs like Baldur's Gate 3, space sims, etc.

If I knew for sure XSX games were going to be 4k60 or offer 1440p@60/120 I would be pretty tempted to do that for non PS5 exclusives/Sony-marketing led games like Black Ops Cold War.

I am very torn.

EDIT: I think what really influences my decision is that I do almost all gaming from the same desk area - two monitors, PC, consoles, and a 43' 4k TV. I bought a 65' OLED - glorious - sits on the other side of the room - but I don't find my couch particularly comfortable and I don't really care for sitting 8 or so feet away from the TV - if I ever decided to just do most of my gaming from the couch it would totally change my plans, but I am also just as likely to buy a small OLED for my desk area and make it my primary monitor.

Oct 27, 2017
Neither one at launch, but I'm sure I'll end up with both eventually.

Though if I'm honest with myself I probably shouldn't get either. I spend more time playing older games than modern ones these days.

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I don't play as many games as I used to, but i HATE not being able to play a specific game when I want to.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Both for me yes but not day one. I also more of an Xbox player in general so I would have love a super cheap (series S style) PS5 as I play only exclusives on their side.

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
This gen I am buying the Xbox Series X and Switch Pro at launch and waiting on the PS5 redesign because it is currently ugly as sin.

noesch

Oct 31, 2017
Southern Germany
Of course I will, but not at launch. I will get the Series X day one because Sea of Thieves is my favorite game at the moment and Cyberpunk is my most anticipated one this year. I might get a PS5 early next year. Maybe as soon as Ratchet and Clank is available.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Yep, plan on getting an X and PS5 as soon as they launch. Since I'm fully digital these days, I plan to get the DE for PS5.

If MS had a version of the X without the disc drive and the same specs, I'd buy that version. The S is a very cool looking console and my favorite physical look of the bunch, just not as interested in the lower specs. Glad it exists though.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i actually might get a ps this gen. the difference is the dualsense looks so much more comfy/xbox like than the dual shock, and preferring the xbox controller is a huge reason i stay in that ecosystem.

that said i'm not sure how much of my ps controller issues are with the size (fixed by dualsense) or with the symmetric sticks (not fixed by dualsense) until i get my hands on one.

however i dont see it being around launch, as 500 for xsx plus 4-500 more on ps5 in a close time frame is just way too much. it'll be months if it happens. i'm certainly not that interested in ratchet or morales for those to mean i greatly desire a ps to have to get one right away. actually i'm not too interested in any ps exclusives that i can really think of, not so big on 3rd party action (lets be honest, all i really play is destiny with a side of halo anyway).

snake2531

Oct 28, 2017
I'm all in on a PS5 right now but despite the lack of incentive to get one at launch, I'll probably get the XSX too. I still have a huge backlog to get through though.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
PS5 and XSX day 1, and then maybe a Series S down the road for my office room.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
"Why pick a boat when you can buy the whole fleet"

I will aim for both day 1. I am worried about the PS5 most of all since I think the Series X will be easier to preorder.

I am aiming to get a 3080 next week too and any Switch HD/4k they release.

Hell I even got Stadia at launch.

I'll always advocate for all because console wars are stupid and gaming in general is very affordable because most things are very easily to resell.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the bottom will fall out on PS4/X1X prices in November...might be worth selling them a month or so early?

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
I'm considering the S as a streaming box for the bedroom eventually, if that counts...

Getting a PS5, probably digital... And will get the Switch upgrade. I'll also be upgrading my PC at some point...

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Both Day 1, Im trading my PS4 Pro in next week as the trade in value is $240 dollars before I get Eb games bonus trade in value.

Rama

Sep 14, 2019
Yeah I'll end up with both eventually. My plan is to get the Series X at launch, then get the PS5 Pro if/when that arrives. Very excited though, can't wait for next gen!

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Series X and regular PS5. Series X is a definite day one for me. I'll try to snag a PS5 day one as well, but I won't be too heartbroken if it's not possible for whatever reason (unless Demon's Souls is at launch D:).

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS5 and Series X are both day one.

Selling my Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and a whole heap of games to offset cost.

I traded both my x and pro yesterday and tucked the money away safely with the rest of my next gen funds that ive been storing for a year. I have the cash for both the series x and ps5, now i just need the pre order

Jun 20, 2018
Eventually. I usually get the other console near the end of it's lifespan. Bought 360 9 months after launch, then a PS3 in Jul 13. This time I decided to hold off on the Xbox One and just go straight in for Series X.

Jumpman23

Nov 14, 2017
PS5 (disc) for 1st party exclusives.
Xbox Series X for 3rd party stuff, 1st party exclusives and Gamepass.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Not at launch but I will probably own both PS5 and Series X by next Fall (hoping for a black PS5 model by then).

Romez

Nov 11, 2017
I was always going to get a PS5 no question, some point next year, probably when Horizon 2 comes out.

I had zero interest in Series X but the fact I can have access to next gen gaming via Series S for £250 right now is very tempting. Although still seems like a waste of money for me.

Deleted member 34611

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I bought all the consoles last generation and regretted it because I don't have enough time to play them all. I'm going to ride gamepass for a while and see how I like it.