• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which next gen console will you buy

• PS5 (with or without drive)

Votes: 455 47.0%
  • Xbox Series S/X

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • PS5 + XBX Series S/X

Votes: 374 38.6%
  • I will upgrade my PC

Votes: 227 23.5%
  • Switch Pro

Votes: 204 21.1%

• Total voters

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
PS5 digital edition first and then series X a few years down the line when Hellblade 2, Avowed, and Fable are out.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised how many people are getting a Series X first and then the PS5 when more exclusives are out. I expected it to be the other way around.
The One X is my main 3rd party machine and I expect it to be the same with the Series X. Game Pass alone will give me a lot to play for the first few months.

Both consoles kind of have sparse confirmed 1st party releases in the launch window anyways. This could change between now and launch, of course. Hopefully Ratchet & Clank comes out early in the launch window rather than later.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
PS5 and Series X are both day one.

Selling my Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and a whole heap of games to offset cost.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yup!

Xbox Series X|S & PS5 Day 1 for me

Switch Pro is a maybe, I don't use my Switch enough unless it launches with Breath of the Wild 2.

I plan on finally upgrading my PC from a 980ti to a 3070 early next year (well building a new PC altogether, my current i7 is a 2nd gen (2700k), so I'm overdue for an upgrade)

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yep.

I've been buying every major console for what feels like forever. The only exception has been the Wii U.

The Series S has too many compromises so the Series X is really my only option for this coming generation.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Yup Buying a Series S for the bedroom and a PS5 DE and series X for the Lounge.

I'll probably upgrade the PC before the end of the year too.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm getting both an X and a PS5 disc drive. And a 3080. Fuck it.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Only PS5.

Skipping Xbox, I hardly play my One X as it is. Will reconsider once there are some good exclusives in a few years.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting two PS5s and then I'll wait to see what switch pro is and decide if i get my third switch or my first Xbox.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will eventually end up with both I'm sure, but right now there isn't a ton that appeals to me in the launch lineup for either. So I'll wait it out for a bit.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
I currently have Pro and X so I will get both next gen again, but not on day 1. PS5 DE at launch and Series X within 6-12 months.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Nah. Did that for the last two gens and I'm pretty confident that my time won't allow for them all anymore. 2 is my max with a lil PC.

Bingle Bango

Sep 13, 2018
I have been going back and forth on this for so long. I think I've settled on XSX on launch assuming you can preorder with All Access. I have a slightly out of date PC that I was planning on upgrading and using in addition to a PS5 for exclusives, but the value proposition of Gamepass and monthly installments for a system that should serve me for 7 years is infinitely better than that. I may get a DE PS5 down the line when there are exclusives I'm interested in, but what's in the pipeline currently isn't too interesting. And even if it were, I can survive on only gamepass even if I miss out on some highlights because I just don't have that much time for gaming now a days.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If I stick with pc I won't buy either if I give in I'll get a series x, ps5 and a switch pro (if it's portable). I'm hopping I have the will power to say no to the new hardware this year and maybe get a ps5 down the line when more games show up.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Series X as main console and PS5 later for 3-4 exclusives.

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
I'm get the X and ps5DE

my doubt is only which one I will buy the accessories more like the wheel

but the X will probably because of game pass and ease to use for online play will be my main.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. Ps5 for exclusives, XSX for everything else. Technically have no business getting a ps5 day one since there's nothing at launch exclusive wise that I need to play immediately, but it'll be a bitch to find months from now.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Buying a PS5 in about 2-3 years from now.

Buying a Switch (or Switch lite) this year.

If the Switch Plus is real, I will buy it for better performance/resolution....but if its not much of a difference, I wont get the new model.

Deleted member 19996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes. Buying PS5 Digital, Series X and Series S at launch.

edit: Before anyone asks, I have a high-end PC too, but prefer gaming on consoles.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
That's my "problem" too.

My PC is beefy enough and i'll get a 3080 asap but my PC isn't standing in my livingroom.

BC will be probably another great reason to own a XSX.
Exactly. My PC with a 3080 will probably end up running circles around my PS5 or XBSX (in most aspects) when I get them but sometimes I really want to sit on my couch and I'm too lazy to unhook the tower and move it every-time I want to play on the couch. It's too far to run a HDMI cable to and while streaming from my PC is possible, there is some degrade. Idk, I have some time to change my mind, I guess.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Absolutely. I do every generation. I own all of the Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and Microsoft consoles, and will continue to buy them all.

I'm planning to pre-order an Xbox Series X for sure. Waiting to see if I can also pre-order a PlayStation 5.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Eventually. I'll be buying an Xbox at launch, it's my primary platform these days, and then buying a PS5 for exclusives sometime later. Did the same this gen and 360/PS3 gen.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
getting both x and 5
day 1 buys of these is a long going tradition for me that I really enjoy

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
not at launch, will probably start with the Series S unless the PS5DE really is only 399 (and DeS is a launch title).
the other console in 2021 then.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of Xbox and big fan of PlayStation. Wouldn't miss either for the world. COVID-19 is impacting my financial situation sadly so I might wait a bit with buying them until things get a bit more stable.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
An X and a PS5 at launch depending on if I can secure a pre order for both. Which PS5 depends on price I really only play exclusives on PS and a number surprisingly are on disc but I'm not going to pay a 100$ premium just to play those.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
I want to, but I really don't want to spend that kind of money just to build up a bigger backlog. I need to focus on my current gen and clear that out first.