• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jesb

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
So I'm in need of some new contacts as I'm on my last of my 6 month supply. But my optometrist is closed so need to look elsewhere. I do need contacts for astigmatism. I want to buy clear and coloured contacts. For coloured contacts I was looking at EyeCandys.com. But their reviews don't look good and their customer service is a little suspect. Takes days just for them to answer a question. Does anyone buy contacts online? Any suggestions please.

FreddieQuell

Oct 27, 2017
I buy from visiondirect. They ship from the UK I think, takes about a week to get to the US. Haven't had any sorts of issues with them.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I buy from 1-800-Contacts, they're super fast and always have what I need. I have astigmatism too and use the Oasys brand. Never had a problem with them!

OP
OP
Jesb

Jesb

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
I buy from 1-800-Contacts, they're super fast and always have what I need. I have astigmatism too and use the Oasys brand. Never had a problem with them!

Any idea if they offer coloured contacts for astigmatism? eyecandys has them but I just don't know how trust worthy they are. And not a lot of places have coloured contacts for astigmatism. That must mean it's a good reason right? Maybe it's not a very good/safe option yet.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Any idea if they offer coloured contacts for astigmatism? eyecandys has them but I just don't know how trust worthy they are. And not a lot of places have coloured contacts for astigmatism. That must mean it's a good reason right? Maybe it's not a very good/safe option yet.

They do have colored lenses, but they're not prescription or for astigmatism. Unfortunately lenses that are for medicinal / daily use because you have eye issues generally don't come in colors because they're not meant to be used for cosmetic use, and I think they're not really viable production-wise. Like, getting a color and a specific measurement is just kinda hard and will probably affect lens effectiveness.

Here's the link though, if you want to check it out.

www.1800contacts.com

Colored Contact Lenses | 1-800 CONTACTS

Change your look to any variety of colors with our colored contact lens collection at 1-800 CONTACTS.

Edit: My bad, they are prescription but not for astigmatism.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
1-800-Contacts is legit. Just bought some more from them. Not sure about colored contacts though. I just use regular Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I used to use 1-800 contacts. Now I just use Costco because it's cheaper for the kind I need.

Tame

Oct 25, 2017
UK
www.daysoft.com

daysoft

daysoft replaces other brands for half the price! Get your daily disposables from daysoft.com. Just Ā£6.40 per 32 lenses, complete with money-back promise!

i buy from these guys

plus my wife works there

Oct 27, 2017
As far as (cool) colored contacts, you can go to those kind of asian sites, but make sure the brand itself is reputable - many brands actually include a code to check online if it's real and not a fake. Geo lenses are reputable, but many are as well. Just make sure bc is same as yours not just rx. Diameter can be more but that's for that 'big eye' look. You can usually search by diameter.

OP
OP
Jesb

Jesb

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Apparently because I have a astigmatism I cannot get the coloured contacts from 1800contacts. They are asking me for a prescription for that specific brand but never had coloured contacts so why would I have that prescription. Was told a prescription is all they need than told I need to be fitted for this brand. Looks like I cannot ever get coloured contacts.