• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Had a blast with Fallout 4 but after 50 hours I just got burned out. Same thing happened with 3 and new vegas.

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
I've finished Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and Fallout: New Vegas (though that isn't Bethesda proper). I wasn't a big fan of Skyrim so never got through that one. One day I'll play through Morrowind.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I finished Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas. With Skyrim and Fallout 4, they really started to feel more "quantity over quality" and I never finished them.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I beat Skyrim. I couldn't tell you much about what happened in that game because Skyrim is ungodly repetitive on a level I can't really put into words, but I beat it. Whatever the fuck that means.

In Fallout 4 I made it almost to the endgame, but when I was told I HAD to commit genocide on at least one faction to progress, I dropped the MSQ in a spiteful huff and never went back to it. You can't force me to commit genocide, Bethesda. I won't do it.

Meanwhile, I've finished New Vegas five times.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Eh, it's just not really the point of them for me. Possibly with the exception of New Vegas.

I just want to mess around in the world and explore random caves until I feel like moving on. Thats finished enough for me.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
All of them. At some point just commit to doing the main quest line if you want to see it. The rest will still be waiting for you afterwards if you want more.

In subsequent playthroughs I treat these games differently though. I just wander around and do whatever with no plan. I still find new stuff in Skyrim 10 yrs later.

Necronomicon

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
I almost finished Skyrim. But after 200+ hours of play I'm playing one week every year. So it's taking a while

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I completed Morrowind's main story, but I was in high school then. I've put enough time into the others to finish, though.

I gave Oblivion a really good shot but the Oblivion Gates broke me. I just got bored. Oblivion was the first time I fully understood the leveling system and played into it. My character was very strong and it felt good, but I had to keep a detailed notepad of all my skill progress.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
lmao no.

Only exception was Oblivion because I got really into it and was trying to do everything in the game.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout 4 is the first one I stopped playing before finishing the main quest. I typically play every quest available.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have never finished a Bethesda open world game. I always stopped whether due to bugs or just lost interest.

I'm hoping Starfield will break that trend.

Nov 1, 2017
Whenever I start feeling the open world fatigue I make a beeline to the end, sticking with only the main quests and minimal exploring. I don't know if that coutns as "finishing" since there's still plenty of unplayed content.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, basically. There might be a few minor locations I don't get around to exploring but I try to do every side quest. I'm the same way with Mass Effect games and Witcher 3.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't want to kill Parthunax, so no, but I almost completely exhausted the non-repeatable quests in Skyrim.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I beat the Skyrim, Morrowind, and Oblivion main quests once. After that, the real game is just spending a couple hours modding, playing for an hour or two, and then restarting the process by downloading even more mods.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I beat em quickly and move on. They're pretty short if you main line the quests.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Finished Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Fallout 4. I even got 100% of the achievements on Fallout 4, Beth is 1 of my favorite devs of all time. I think I put 200+ hours into skyrim.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Fallouts? Yes.

TES? Nope. I have too much fun exploring those. Well, I did until Skyrim. Found it boring.

Aim_Ed

Nov 1, 2017
I have the same issue as you so I almost said no... But I finished New Vegas like 5 times.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I did everything in Skyrim + DLCs besides 1 or 2 quests that were broken/bugged and couldn't be finished, but I had another like 90% playthrough where I did those.

Took a while, not gonna lie.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I've beaten Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and Skyrim. I'm currently on my second playthrough of FO4, playing through all the DLC for the first time, and I'm finding a ton of new things that I never discovered my first time through. That Vault-Tec DLC too is taking up a disproportionate amount of my game time. If you've never done that stuff, you should. Building your own vault is a whole lotta fun.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've beaten Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and Skyrim. I'm currently on my second playthrough of FO4, playing through all the DLC for the first time, and I'm finding a ton of new things that I never discovered my first time through. That Vault-Tec DLC too is taking up a disproportionate amount of my game time. If you've never done that stuff, you should. Building your own vault is a whole lotta fun.

I honestly kinda liked Far Harbor more than the base game. Never played Nuka-World though. Not sure how good it turned out.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
define "finish" :D

Finished the main quest line and most major side quests in Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Skyrim, and Fallout 4. Fairly completionist in Fallout 3, NV, Skyrim, and *most* of Fallout 4. Some small collection/completionists stuff I didn't do in Oblivion and Fallout 4.

I'm sure there's still some undiscovered caves, dungeons, or side quests I missed in most of them, but I put 100+ hours into Skyrim, FO4, FO3, FO:NV, and at that point I think that's pretty much finding everything I could.

I remember like 100+ hours into Skyrim I stumbled into blackreach after not exploring it much in the main quest and was like "Jesus christ this is too big for me ...."

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I've tried two fall outs and find them janky and boring.

just doesn't click with me.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Most of them, once, and then I practically never go back to any of them.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I usually do side quests until I get bored. If these games didn't even have main quests I wouldn't care really

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I've 100%d Fallout 3 and dropped off the TES games every time. I'm going through Skyrim again now and I plan on doing all the main mission stuff (bar Dawnguard which broke for me). Not doing the missions where I walk around a cave until I defeat a powerful person at the end, get a weapon that more than likely is not as good as what I'm carrying, and then immediately cancel my adventure to go home and empty my pockets. I prefer the structure of the game with breakable weapons, but I love the feel of the world in TES games, so I persist.

ravelordnito

Unshakable Resolve
May 17, 2021
Yes. My first Skyrim save had 300h+ into it. I did all the major questlines, didn't care for radiant quests. I'm actually replaying it right now because of the DLCs. I've never played Fallout before but I'm hoping to start with New Vegas soon.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Every single one.

After you reach lvl cap or after 100h or something, I usually don't take on side-quests anymore tho.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Fallout 4 is the first one I didn't finish since Daggerfall. Just petered out for me. Could go back to it some day..

This is an insane person's post. Why would you try and beat one of their games quickly?! What's the point of even playing them at that point?!
I like to experience their games but I always get my fill just going through the story. I think Fallout 3 was the only one where I ended up doing far more than what was required to beat it.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I think the main questline in Skyrim isn't that terrible to complete. It's all the other stuff that takes forever in that game.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
Of course, all of them, i even consider fallout 76 finished since i did all of the side and main quests and all the events.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah most of them, the main quests don't usually take that long anyway it only takes forever if you're determined to do every single side quest in the game.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Yes, I've finished Fallout 3, New Vegas, Fallout 4, Oblivion, and Skyrim, along with all their DLCs. 100s of hours but I loved every minute.

EDIT - To be complete I've also started Morrowind about four times over the years on different platforms but I've never gotten more than 10-20 hours in before I quit and play something else. I don't love that game like everyone else does. I haven't given up though.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Beat Fallout 3, Morrowind, Skyrim. I was put off by New Vegas in the first hour and didn't pick it back up (not a big fan of the modding scene). I really enjoyed Fallout 4, especially the ambiance but got sidetracked at some point about midway through the game and never got back to it.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Finished the main line and some of the guilds in Morrowind, all of the guilds (Dark Brotherhood) in Oblivion along with the main story and the main story of Skyrim and everything except the Warriors guild. I also finished the Morrowind storyline in ESO.

Finished the main story for Fallout 3 but so far I've not finished the main stories of Fallout NV and 4.

I just don't have the time to but I would like to eventually get back to all those games.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
I've beaten Morrowind, Fallout: NV, Skyrim and Fallout 4. Didn't beat Oblivion, didn't play Fallout 3 or 76.

I feel like Skyrim had a pretty short main quest compared to the other games. It felt much more straightforward and you don't really need to visit that many locations to complete it.