• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
on pogo dot com of course.

monopoly the world edition

major throwback

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, you'd probably have more fun playing 7 Wonders or any of the other table top games on Board Game Arena

Monopoly is a game with poor mechanics compared to today's table top games.

OP
OP
Pikachu

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
in this thread we love & respect monopoly only

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Monopoly is fun of you actually follow the rules and auction off properties.

Also, always try for the orange properties. They are the most frequently landed upon properties in the game.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I was playing monopoly plus on PS4 with some friends the other day. Got all the rail road pieces and boardwalk and park place. Dominated the board and bankrupted everyone.

OP
OP
Pikachu

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, the game on Pogo is clean and efficient. Turns on a timer, automatic auction when you don't buy property, etc.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this capitalist propaganda is just allowed like this? I thought this was a progressive forum.

OP
OP
Pikachu

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people didn't understand that this was a real invitation

I'm in a game now and planning for the next one

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just brought all the orange properties whilst you were distracted.

Building 4 houses on them right now.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Monopoly is so fucking lit bro ya'll wanna play some shit like Gloomhaven. Sometimes you just wanna go straight to jail.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I feel like people didn't understand that this was a real invitation

I'm in a game now and planning for the next one

Conversely, I think they understood only too well and are reacting about as kindly as can be expected to an invitation to play Monopoly.

No one even asked you to get out of their house, yet, so you're pretty far ahead on the gambit.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Try to get the first 5 properties. They are cheap and wont pay out much, but you can get some hotels on that shit quick, and most people dont want them so they are easier to trade for.

OP
OP
Pikachu

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In a game right now and I have 2 greens, 1 brown, 1 pink. Other person has 1 green, 1 brown, 2 pinks. They have more money. I want the pink and brown but they're only looking to give the greens :')

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
I remember being into Monopoly when I was a kid.
I stopped playing because no one would actually keep playing until the end.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Funny I just saw this on Reddit /Tinder

AWRNzWa.jpg

OP
OP
Pikachu

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, trying to balance winning and fun

In a turn of events, I got at least one card of every color except for brown. I also happened to land on all three greens. Was it a better idea to just let the game finish the way it was, or let people have a chance to trade?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Monopoly has always been better in video game form because it prevents cheating and makes stupid house rules optional.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, trying to balance winning and fun

In a turn of events, I got at least one card of every color except for brown. I also happened to land on all three greens. Was it a better idea to just let the game finish the way it was, or let people have a chance to trade?
Wait, brown? Has the Monopoly board changed? Is this a regional thing?

OP
OP
Pikachu

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They were purple once.

🧓

ok boomer

---

So I decided to allow some trades. Someone got the other blue and I had their last yellow so I allowed an even swap. Then after stalling for a bit I waited until players on the board were in a certain position before finally allowing this nagging person to give me a lot of cash, the two other oranges, and some other junk for all three greens. People landed on my oranges and that was the game. There was a hairy spot for 10 tuns where I was just exceptionally stretched thin with zero money and a lot of mortgaged land.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I orchestrated an office monopoly game so I can play with my office crush before the holidays last year. She proceeded to buy all railroads but left early cause she had to clock out.