• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm looking at a lapboard for my couch and bed and these two seem to be the best and I was wondering if anybody had used both? I couldn't find many reviews directly comparing the two so any feedback would be appreciated. I was thinking about pairing the K63 Lapboard with a Logitech G Pro mouse but the Razor Turret having a magnetic mouse sounds nice.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have a K63 and a logitech g502 mouse and its been great. The lapboard has a very comfy cushioned underside, and the attached mousepad is great and solid. I'd recommend it 100%.

Has a really great wireless range, too.

Looking at the Razer Turret, I'd have to imagine the sliding mousepad would be a potential weak point / flimsy if it moves, it also looks very small/cramped in terms of room to place your hands/wrists. The K63 lapboard is one solid piece and is incredibly sturdy, with a great ergonomic wrist area.

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
I purchase the turret after a recommendation from one of the posters here. I like the smaller form factor as it fits my space better. The trackpad is actually lightly magnetized so it prevents the mouse from slipping. I had some initial setup issues with PC but it's been smooth ever sense. The keyboard feels nice and the minimalist design is pretty good in my opinion. Haven't tried the Corsair one, looks interesting too

OP
OP
Jarmel

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I have a K63 and a logitech g502 mouse and its been great. The lapboard has a very comfy cushioned underside, and the attached mousepad is great and solid. I'd recommend it 100%.

Has a really great wireless range, too.

Looking at the Razer Turret, I'd have to imagine the sliding mousepad would be a potential weak point / flimsy if it moves, it also looks very small/cramped in terms of room to place your hands/wrists. The K63 lapboard is one solid piece and is incredibly sturdy, with a great ergonomic wrist area.
Yea the sliding mousepad feels like it could be flimsy and it does look cramped. The magnets though could be great in that I'm not fishing for my mouse every time I move.

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
K63 here with lapboard, this was an upgrade from the Roccat Sova and was a great purchase.

I can't vouch for the Turrent but the K63 is a solid, comfy choice. Pair it with a decent wireless mouse and you are good to go. I did consider the Turrent but the K63 won out in my research frenzy.