• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
What boss are you currently banging up against? What's keeping you from beating them? How are you liking it?

At this moment I'm on attempt ~20 of Slave Knight Gael in Dark Souls 3.

It's incredibly fun, and reminds me of one of my all-time favorite bosses from any game, Orphan of Kos (Bloodborne).

I'm not using any consumable buffs or looking up strategies—just going in raw. This way I can truly feel like I've beaten Dark Souls 3. The downside is the number of attempts needed!

THE PROBLEM is that DAMN third phase. The first phase is easy enough—it's a fun, scrappy greatsword fight. The second is pretty tricky, but I've been getting increasingly better at it.... however, once that third phase hits, IT'S FUCKING INSANITY. I can barely keep track of where he is, he's slamming all over the place and his cape is acting as an extension of his sword. Not to mention all the new spells and lighting and shit. Damn!

Somehow the Soulsborne games have a way of making me feel motivated, rather than frustrated.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been stuck on Proud Mode Yozora for some time

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Took me so long to get past Age of Calamity's final boss on Very Hard. Actually ended up with a bruised finger out of holding the Joycon wrong during the fight. Got there with half a heart remaining and no way to heal up.

Great battle, though.

Gonna spend a couple of days avoiding any games with potential hard bosses just to make sure.

Been stuck on Proud Mode Yozora for some time
I'm not sure if I should be telling you this, but there's an easy way to cheese that if you want to.

I regretted doing it my first time so I had to go back and beat him 'properly' later.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maneaters in Demons Souls. Fuck their weird flying AI and fuck that I dodge able leap attack that shaves off 55% of my health.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if I should be telling you this, but there's an easy way to cheese that if you want to.

I regretted doing it my first time so I had to go back and beat him 'properly' later.
I got the rhythm of it eventually and can usually make it to his desperation move, but it's a little hard to do beyond that.

I cheesed the secret bosses in BBS but that's only because they're inherently broken. Fought Lingering Will legit in KH2FM on Critical and won

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i cannot get passed the first tier boss of stage 3 in hades. he brought a friend this time and completely fucked me.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I got the rhythm of it eventually and can usually make it to his desperation move, but it's a little hard to do beyond that.

I cheesed the secret bosses in BBS but that's only because they're inherently broken. Fought Lingering Will legit in KH2FM on Critical and won
Vanitas Remnant was so fucking stupid. Just remembering it gets me riled up.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i cannot get passed the first tier boss of stage 3 in hades. he brought a friend this time and completely fucked me.
The big dude's swing covers a pretty sizeable distance but if you're behind him you can usually dodge it. He'll either do swing, swing, jump or just swing, swing. Focus him down first, then for the other dude, hide behind the pillar when you see the targeting reticle on you, dodge when he uses his call at 50%, and youre golden. he can only be backstabbed

Vanitas Remnant was so fucking stupid. Just remembering it gets me riled up.
I just hid behind the big rock and spammed strike raid.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Allcat in Ikenfell.

It's optional, I know, and there's an automatic victory function built in into the game for accessibility purposes, but this fight is annoying as hell, yuck.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
Sekiro's final boss. I lost count to how many tries I've already did.
And then I heard that this game will be 60fps on PS5. So, I postpone the game and will continue on the new system. Hope it'll help.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
he's got a shield and never drops it except to do his big cast so it makes sense for an aesthetic standpoint but it IS pretty annoying. That said, he tends to turn his back to you after throwing the spear so that's your chance
And then I heard that this game will be 60fps on PS5. So, I postpone the game and will continue on the new system. Hope it'll help.
8125883e86ec3c42da91a58df635b7bd.gif

senj

Nov 6, 2017
I guess technically I'm stuck on The Radiance in Hollow Knight, although my motivation to go back and keep trying for that ending might be gone at this point.

OP
OP
b3llydrum

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
I guess technically I'm stuck on The Radiance in Hollow Knight, although my motivation to go back and keep trying for that ending might be gone at this point.
I've gotten two endings and a 104% complete file and I'm happy without beating The Radiance.

Fuck, that game was good though.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
What boss are you currently banging up against? What's keeping you from beating them? How are you liking it?

At this moment I'm on attempt ~20 of Slave Knight Gael in Dark Souls 3.

It's incredibly fun, and reminds me of one of my all-time favorite bosses from any game, Orphan of Kos (Bloodborne).

I'm not using any consumable buffs or looking up strategies—just going in raw. This way I can truly feel like I've beaten Dark Souls 3. The downside is the number of attempts needed!

THE PROBLEM is that DAMN third phase. The first phase is easy enough—it's a fun, scrappy greatsword fight. The second is pretty tricky, but I've been getting increasingly better at it.... however, once that third phase hits, IT'S FUCKING INSANITY. I can barely keep track of where he is, he's slamming all over the place and his cape is acting as an extension of his sword. Not to mention all the new spells and lighting and shit. Damn!

Somehow the Soulsborne games have a way of making me feel motivated, rather than frustrated.

It's a fantastic fight, and basically a dance to the death. Just need to not over extend yourself, even if he's at 5% hp.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
I've gotten two endings and a 104% complete file and I'm happy without beating The Radiance.

Fuck, that game was good though.
Yeah I love it to pieces, and I'm proud of myself for pushing through few really hard spots to make it this far, I just don't know that I have this fight in me.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I was stuck on Tower Knight (Demon's Souls) for a couple of days, took me around a dozen tries but I finally did it

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
Currently kind of stuck on Maneater but I only tried a few times. I'm gonna do some other zones and come back to it.

I'll also always be stuck on the final boss of Sekiro. Unless he gets nerfed I don't think I will ever beat him.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the boss is putting my kids to bed on time so I can continue Demon's Souls!

But seriously I started it last week and beat Armoured Spider a few nights ago. Started 3-1 and am almost at the boss for it...

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
Currently kind of stuck on Maneater but I only tried a few times. I'm gonna do some other zones and come back to it.

I'll also always be stuck on the final boss of Sekiro. Unless he gets nerfed I don't think I will ever beat him.

I spent the best part of an hour last night, trying and failing to beat Maneater. Then went to bed, defeated by my own inability.

Then beat it (well, them) first try today.

Maxpower45

Jul 6, 2019
Abyssal watchers dark souls 3. Any tips would be great lol. Started playing after finishing demon's souls.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Same here. I keep making progress in every other Archstone but every time I swing back to give this guy another go I get obliterated in under a minute.

If you hang around the bonfire thing in the middle of the circular platform, they don't seem to like that. They can get a bit stuck, or try to attack you through that sometimes.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Flamelurker. But I've got it down. Should be able to finish him off tomorrow.

And 5 minutes later it's back soul form for 10+ more hours[/spoilers]

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Not currently, but spent 3 hours bashing my head against Fume Knight in DS2 last week though, he's a fantastic boss, 1 of Froms best, has lots of moves without being just overwhelming like some of their more complex bosses.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Stuck on FlameLurker but I've figured out the fight already and essentially fight him around a pillar the whole time. I genuinely had him at 1 hit and somehow he ended up on top of me so the camera spazzed out, then I took 2 hits to my shield, staggered, then killed before I could get a late grass off. It made no sense how the sequence of events happened and the fucker was literally 1 hit left before death. Was ultra frustrating.

I took a break after it happened even though I know I have it next time.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
The plant boss in Bug Fables
If you play with the hard mode medal, these fights can get pretty tough. I only beat the last few bosses by the skin of my teeth.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
The final boss of Control's rather disappointing AWE (Alan Wake) DLC.

The constant requirement to fix lights pulled out by Hartman and his repeat health regeneration is just painful. I can't be fucked dealing with the quite deadly attacks either.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Guardian Tale's 10-1 boss. Tiny arena, aoe, bullets everywhere, tanky boss and all. I went in with my strongest hero who happens to have elemental advantage and a weapon that can kite the boss a bit but does better in melee. I still get stomped. I could use revives but I'm saving the gems :(

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Yeah I love it to pieces, and I'm proud of myself for pushing through few really hard spots to make it this far, I just don't know that I have this fight in me.
As someone who beat her about 20 times, I will still say the fight is bullshit. It involves a great bunch of luck.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Oh yeah that was a fucking hard fight. But surprisingly I had more trouble beating the fucking Traitor Lord. I don't know why but I just found that one extremely difficult

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I've only been stuck on 1 boss this generation. The Evil Within 2's boss on hard. What a chore with the lack of ammo pick ups and the awful shooting mechanics.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Isshin is one of the greatest final bosses in history because that battle makes damn sure you've been paying attention the whole game. Once you beat it, you'll feel amazing.