• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Curious when this might come out. I'm looking forward to it seems like they are going action RPG with this.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I've been watching the anime and it's really good so hopefully the game lives up to it.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The game reveal was very lacking so I still don't know what I'm supposed to be excited for. Will wait for another showing in order to temper my expectations.

Pikagreg

Feb 5, 2018
I am really loving the new anime series. Never seen the original or read the source but I couldn't get into DQXI and Dai made me into a DQ fan.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious but I'd need to see new footage since the reveal stream last year seemed a bit rough, which makes sense since it was a year out from release.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game reveal was very lacking so I still don't know what I'm supposed to be excited for. Will wait for another showing in order to temper my expectations.
✅ New Dragon Quest console game
✅ Action RPG battle system
✅ Based on one of the best selling manga series of all time
✅ New video already looks better than the initial game reveal
✅ No involvement from fascist composer Koichi Sugiyama
✅ Coming out in 2021 already unlike some exciting titles that take years to release

Oct 25, 2017
I have found every Dragon Quest game that I've played boring beyond belief. This one would have to be extremely different to the rest to catch my attention.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The anime is really good and if the game catches that energy well it will be tons of fun imo. I trust DQ as a series almost more than any other in terms of consistent quality. Always a joy.

✅ New Dragon Quest console game
✅ Action RPG battle system
✅ Based on one of the best selling manga series of all time
✅ New video already looks better than the initial game reveal
✅ No involvement from fascist composer Koichi Sugiyama
✅ Coming out in 2021 already unlike some exciting titles that take years to release

New video? Pray tell me where to find that.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
Anything Dragon Quest is automatically excellent 99% of the time, but I still need to see some gameplay to be 100% sure.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Absolutely--the more I watch the show, the more I look forward to this game's release.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I already know the story (unless they diverge from the manga), so it depends on how good the gameplay is. Haven't bothered to build up any hype for it.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the original anime growing up and I love me anything Dragon Quest but the game looks kinda rough, and I haven't really seen anything that got me excited to play it.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Oh, I'm hyped! I have a lot of nostalgia for the show, and the remake has been very good so far. The fact that the game is an action RPG makes it very appealing to my tastes.

Last edited:

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Well I'm liking the anime that currently airing and it helping me keep whatever hype I have left for the game.

But I think the trailer looks rough.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The manga is really good but I'm always going to be inherently skeptical of video game adaptions of anime until they've proven that they're actually good and not just coasting on the name

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
When is this coming anyway? I kinda remember the original anime so I will try it (although the fact that it somehow looks cheaper than the Trials of Mana remake is confusing).

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. It's Dragon Quest.

Dragon Quest is one of my lifelong favorite properties. I'll buy any game with Dragon Quest in the title.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea im super looking forward to this. Love that they are going with an action combat system this time. Probably from the Dragon Quest Builders team, which I loved as well.

I know nothing about Dai though and would love to see them release the manga with a translation lol. And I will probably check out the show too.