• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Count calories. Try an app like Lose It on your phone and hold yourself accountable. Ease yourself into exercise, and don't overexert yourself. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eat healthy food.

Limit your carbs.

Portion control.

Only drink water and unsweetened tea.

Don't even worry about exercise until you're at a good weight to start.

Eat at a caloric deficit every day to lose weight. It's very, very simple. You'll be hungry and that's fine, you won't die.

Oct 27, 2017
Switching up your diet is the most important thing you can do, you can workout every day but if you still eat garbage you wont see results. My suggestion would be to try the Keto diet and workout 3 times a week to start. I started at 420 lbs and im down to 230 in the span of a year doing this.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Stop eating fast food, pack your own lunch. Juices and broths are excellent meal replacements.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The key is to focus on the process and not the results.

It's going to take time and effort to lose the weight. You already know how to do it, the key is not getting discouraged or falling off the wagon and sticking to your new habits and lifestyle. The results will always follow.

Oct 30, 2017
Deny yourself fast food/take out/restaurants. Invest in a solid piece of home fitness equipment, don't be ashamed to eat cereal for meals, eat your fruits and green veggies, learn how to sear and bake chicken.

Diet helps you lose the weight, exercise maintains the weight loss.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Eat only from 1pm to 8pm. Be a little more active, take the stairs instead of lifts, maybe use an exercise bike or lift some weights. Cut out soft drinks and candy from your life. That's about it. Check back with me in 3 months.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Drink water

Don't eat snack foods or soda

Cut portion sizes

Drink green tea

Drink water

You need a lifestyle change, not a temporary diet change

Intermittent fasting is better than keto for most people, harder to start but easier to maintain

Drink water

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The main thing is counting calories. You'd be surprised how you can completely negate a workout routine with a few snacks

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
eat smaller portions and eat less bread and tortillas. make more satisfying meals so you eat less. drink more water and maybe start drinking tea. eat less chips and sugary drinks. get some excercise, even walking for like an hour every morning is fine.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Yep, count calories, Remember calories are calories no matter what the food. So lower your calorie intake and you will lose weight.

Another way is to skip lunch. Good luck.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
More fruit and vegetables in your diet. Replace atleast one snack with them. Eat more Grilled chicken and less fried foods.

Track your meals. There are plenty of free apps, but take a look at other programs too.

Don't beat yourself up if you deviate, just get right back on track.

It's a challenge but not a hard one. If you set achievable goals for yourself and track the experience, that will make it easier.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get one of those apps that tells you what to eat and then actually follow it.

I think cutting out carbs entirely is too extreme and isn't stable. If you live in the US try to find bread without a ton of added sugar, most of the ones over here are secretly cake.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
You have to focus on living healthy, not just losing weight. Weight loss will follow but it needs to be a lifestyle change.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
There's a certain feeling your body gets when you haven't eaten in a bit and it's burning fat for fuel. Learn to be okay with that feeling.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
OP go for a mild paced walk in the am before work and pm after work, about 1-2 miles to start. Do it before breakfast and the other before dinner. Count your calories and you should see some results. I did this for a few years lost 70 plus lbs and kept it off for 9 years. Kids and marriage ended that lol

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Go on a subway diet. Despite the stigma associated with the spokes person ..it really does work.

Also .. completely eliminate Soda from your diet.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
go keto or carnivore. You won't have to count shit. Have lost plenty of weight without any working out, though my job has me standing up and walking around a good bit.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eat less, move more.

Ignore advice about specific diets and simply eat less of what you are eating and move more than you are moving.

You need to change whatever bad habits got you to your current weight, identify your problem areas and work to correct them long term. Don't try to adhere to a specific trendy diet that you may or may not be able to commit to long term, do something that is going to be permanent and effective.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I had a lot of success with just reducing my carbs, limiting portions a little, and drinking lots of water and tea (nothing in it). This combined with a bit more walking really helped a lot, be it a walk into town and taking the bus back, or a walk every evening shortly after dinner. I'd still allow myself treats, cheat days, eating out, but all while being more conscious of what I was eating and often making smarter choices. This wasn't a fast weight loss by any means, but in about 6 months it made a noticeable difference without any major shift in my diet, lifestyle, or budget.

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
Fasting works. Eat more fruits and veggies. Exercise daily as much as your body can handle.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Cut out processed food as much as possible. That's the one thing that really helped me. Anything thats boxed and microwaved would be an example. I started looking up recipes and cooking and I grew to really enjoy making my own meals and getting compliments from others on them.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • No Soda
  • No potatoes
  • Especially not french fries.
  • Do cardio. You must sweat for 30 minutes.
  • Eat dinner at 7PM max.
  • No Rice
  • No snacks
  • Limit calories to 1500 a day. Plus 200-300 you will burn when sweating for 30 minutes. thats 1200 calories a day. your body needs 2000. it will eat up fat while you sleep/
  • Sleep 8-10 hours a day. Your body burns most of your energy while you sleep.
  • Oh and drink water. Lots. its insane how much weight you will lose just drinking water. i have no idea why but it works.
Lose 2 pounds a day.
Profit.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What is your goal in losing weight? Remember that goal every day when you wake up and focus on doing one thing that day to reach that goal. Don't think 100 days from now, just work one day at a time, and do something to make that one day better. The journey to day 100 will be easier if you focus on every step.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
If you dine out, eat half of your food at the restaurant, and take the other half home.
Give yourself a cheat meal once or twice a week.
Drink lots of water
Cook your meals

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
How I lost 80-ish lbs:

- Only make changes you are comfortable with long term - reduces chance of gaining it back
- "Trade down" on foods you like over time - get a medium fry instead of large, diet coke instead of coke then continue trading down to healthier foods
- CARDIO IS NOT GREAT FOR WEIGHTLOSS. It's great for your health, but weightlifting will help more and give your body shape as you lose weight
- Track your calories for at least a week. I guarantee you eat far more calories than you think. I used to eat 3 meals a day, but sometimes each meal would be 1000 or more calories, so no wonder I was so fat.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Intermittent fasting. Easiest to lost weight without feeling hungry for me.

I eat from 1 noon to 7 pm. But you can start from 10a-8p and work from there.

Also run to make you free good. This is a important moral booster.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's important to stress that calories in calories out is futile advice. Once you understand the relationship of carbs, insulin, and weight gain, you will be all in. Jason Fung explains this pretty well in his YT lectures.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
It's a life style change that you will be doing 5 years from now too. Not just a short spell of "wow I need to lose weight. For me, carbs were making me too hungry too often. I dropped all carbs basically besides 30 or so a day from nuts and veggies. Honestly, I don't even miss potatoes, rice, pasta, etc. There are ways around them.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's important to stress that calories in calories out is futile advice. Once you understand the relationship of carbs, insulin, and weight gain, you will be all in. Jason Fung explains this pretty well in his YT lectures.

Calories in/Calories out via sustainable lifestyle change is the only good advice.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
For me, it was all about mindset.

Secondarily, the combo of eating a set amount of calories (calorie counting) AND exercise did wonders. I exercised as nearly to daily as I could, attempting to do it no matter what.

I really think I must have been burning 4000+ calories a day even though I wasn't going crazy with exercise - my metabolism went up and up, yet I was eating 2300-2600. Eating 3000 calories in a day didn't break the bank.

I have gotten way more lax but I've kept most of the weight off. I need to get back in the right mindset though. For me it was a pretty black or white thing, and I needed a sense of (self) control.

Now that I've seen more people I know lose weight in diff ways, it is definitely different for everyone.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What are good resources for people that want to start down this path? Are there any really great podcasts/forums/youtube shows that people would recommend?

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
Find some healthy meals you like enough to eat that you can stick with. Find an activity that you like and can stick with. If you hate your diet or your activtiy you wont keep it up long term.The key is always going to be a lifestyle change you can live with.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
An easy one:

Don't drink soda, and don't put any sugar in your coffee. It adds up dude

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I think the best piece of advice when trying to lose weight and get healthy is to eat food, not products. Stick to the outside isles of the supermarket. Cut out as much processed junk food as you can. Only drink water/seltzer/non-sweetened tea.