• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah
ET0pmkhUEAAZavR

ET0pmkcUwAAVjdW

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I had the tremendous privilege of somewhat inadvertently introducing AliceAmber to the museum yesterday. She was understandably stunned, and even though I'd already toured the place, so was I.
YES! It was actually really nice to experience it with someone else. Absolutely beautiful!!! the Aquarium really blew me away.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
Yep, it's my favorite part of the game so far. Really makes me want to collect all of the bugs/ fish/ fossils which is something I don't really care about in most other games

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
It's beautiful, but I hate how the placards don't tell you any facts anymore. Just the donation date. I hope the patch out in later because asking Blathers just doesn't cut it fit me.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I've actually barely looked at it. When I realized the cards didn't contain Blatherfacts I lost most my interest. I'm excited to tour it in a week or two when it's more full though, don't get me wrong.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
as much as I love this game and collecting all the fish, bugs, and fossils, the load times kinda kill the museum for me when I have to go through multiple loads to find the room want to see

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
At least 50% of the budget for this game went into the museum, it's quite impressive compared to previous games.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
My only complaint is the music; in New Leaf the tempo was faster and not nearly as subtle and regulated to the background.

But otherwise the music itself is phenomenal and I half want to give museum tours to strangers visiting my island

Oct 27, 2017
as much as I love this game and collecting all the fish, bugs, and fossils, the load times kinda kill the museum for me when I have to go through multiple loads to find the room want to see
Yeah it's weird they can load/stream the whole island, but the museum (and your house) load screens for each room. I'm hoping it's something that can be patched out or at least minimized

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
It's beautiful, but I hate how the placards don't tell you any facts anymore. Just the donation date. I hope the patch out in later because asking Blathers just doesn't cut it fit me.

I also agree with this. While I love the facts Blathers give (I apparently missed the study that Diplodocus has no 'final' adult size!), it seems tedious to always have to ask about his thoughts on the matter, plus to get those thoughts again you have to have a duplicate in your pockets (which is hell for rarer insects/fish/any given fossil based on RNG)

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I've been in love with AC museums since Wild World :) They're always my favourite part of the games and they've just keep getting better

Although I miss Brewer and Celeste. Drawing constellations was always so fun

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
The museum is my favorite part of AC, especially the aquarium. It's amazing how much personality they could give fish just swimming around

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Yes, I absolutely love it. That music...

I tend to save visiting the exhibits for certain times. When I need a pick me up, or just to turn my brain off. I don't want to spoil myself by going too often.

Oct 29, 2017
My wife was singing the museums praises just last night. I just collect stuff, listen to Blathers rip on insects and leave, so I had no idea how comprehensive its layout was.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
The hallway with the little windowed environments for creepy crawlies got me. Reminded me of grade school field trips looking at cockroaches, frogs etc.

And that anchovy school, god damn.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The museum is incredible. I was not expecting it to be that massive when I first walked through it last week. They did such a great job of designing it.