• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you leave the States if Trump got another 4 years?

• Nope

Votes: 341 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 249 28.8%
  • I've done been gone fam

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • If I could, I would

Votes: 220 25.4%

• Total voters

Huskman

Jan 21, 2019
With the utter chaos and fascism that has been sprouting lately, I realized that the country legit can't handle another four years of this guy especially when RBG goes or if Dems somehow lose the house during that time. Come November, if Trump wins, I think I'm going to have to leave. I'm a minority and I've faced police discrimination before. In January I got called Saddam Hussein by a retired cop and some years back I got pulled over while walking at night because I took a picture of a government building (there was a deer close and I was like yo a deer). I don't feel another four years of this guy would be safe for me.

Also... this is my first thread!!! I wish it wasn't so morose. I wanted my first thread to be about how Ninja Theory's DMC is a great game and its story is better than DMC 5 or something else.

Edit: Added If I Could, I Would to the poll based off suggestions

Last edited:

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Stay safe. I can't speak for you, and I certainly don't have to deal with what you do. But fuck leaving, this is my home. I'm not leaving my country because some orange shit-stain fucks it up for a while. I don't think he's gonna win in November, but even if he does, I'm not leaving. Fuck him.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No. Me and my gf have jobs and a house here. If our careers led us overseas I would certainly be happy about it though.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I have dual citizenship and would absolutely consider Brazil despite how fucked the government is there too.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
If you can, do it. Europe might also be in shambles, just... definetely not as much.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
If someone from another country were to offer me a full citizenship, I'd gladly take it (providing of course, that the country is safe to live in).

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
100%. I have a lifetime residency in the UK due to my stepdad being British and me growing up there. My mom, stepdad, my younger brother, my son and I are fucking gone if Trump remains in power next year.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I have an opportunity to do so and live in Indonesia, but uh... sorry Indonesia. Y'all have your own serious issues, especially with free speech. My wife was baffled when she moved here and realized that people can just freely insult the president and government on live TV and online. Sometimes it helps to put things in perspective. I'd rather spend 4 more years in this nightmare than a lifetime of not even being able to speak.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marrying a Swede, I'm outchere

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
If I can bastardize Jodi Picoult for a moment --

You don't love something because it's perfect, you love something inspite of the fact that it's not perfect.

I love my home in spite of it's imperfections, and because I love it, I want to make it better. I won't be leaving, it's not feasible, we have our roots here, my family and friends are here, and I wish to make it better. That said I don't fault anybody who choses to go, and if I were younger, didn't have aging parents, wasn't raising a child, etc., I'd be much more likely to move.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
I mean, sure, but it's not a simple process in the first place and is surely made harder if you only speak English.

Oct 27, 2017
Come to Canada.

We have a ton of work to do ourselves when it comes to racism etc. But I feel the path is more clear and attainable.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
seems it'll be impossibly hard to do so, and I would rather try to fix this fuck up of a country than leave it. I love what America can and should be, I want to fight for that, knowing that, being white, this option isn't as directly hard for me to stay.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
While I have the ability and privlage to leave this country. I refuse to abandon the marginalized and those with disadvantages that do not have that luxury. I also feel the country still has potential to be great and this is where I want to raise my children.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Pretty sure the last time this was asked, most countries said they don't want us either.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure how realistic it is, but I was texting my Dad yesterday that if November goes badly then we need to start trying to get the family to get to Canada.

I'd be down for a change of scenery and have run out of 'patriotism' completely. So if it became viable i'd definitely look into it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where I'd go but I would love to not be here anymore if Trump wins again in the fall.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I often already feel like a bit of a stranger here in the US. I don't want to confront the immigrant experience elsewhere and compound that feeling.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most people can't just up and change countries. I'd love to move to Canada or something but I nor my wife have the skills or money to buy ourselves in

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Even if my "fight" is just casting my vote and engaging in progressive conversations with other people, I'm staying in the United States unless my work takes me elsewhere. My impetus for emigration will not be that orange moron or his lackeys.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Nope. Maybe in retirement but not due to the political situation. More to stretch my dollars.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've had the thought, but not really because of Trump. More like I'm tryna live in a different place in general, get that experience. Idk if I have the means or even the ambition to do it though.

I'll probably be in this bitch till I die.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
If things get truly too much i have the option to leave to Israel on the table, but i would need to find my grandmothers grave in NYC.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Add a poll question of " I would if I could" and I bet it would dominate. Immigrating is hard and requires money.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
I guess. But where would I go? I think it's a lot harder to permanently leave than it may seem.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Even if I could easily leave the US and live a decent life in another country, I wouldn't. I'd never ghost my community and fellow Americans to leave them (the ones who would have no choice) to rot with the rest of the country. I'd rather try and help where I can.

Beside, you can't escape racism and fascism no matter where you relocate, might as well fight it head on.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If there's enough will from everyone to turn this country over, I'll take part in that, otherwise, no, I'm out.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Not leaving the country but it has be considering moving back closer to home/family in socal. I'm isolated in norcal.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly yes. I want to. My wife doesn't. I don't want to raise my daughter here anymore. I would much rather move to Canada or Norway.