• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well?

• I'll pass, no interest in the MCU.

Votes: 216 19.8%
  • No way, the MCU is amazing.

Votes: 747 68.6%
  • Kale Breckin

Votes: 126 11.6%

• Total voters

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
IW was tedious and boring with a lame villain, I'll see this out of obligation with friends but I hope to be done with the MCU for a while after this. Aside from Black Panther the last few MCU films haven't done much for me (Homecoming, GotG2, Ragnarok). Ant-Man an the Wasp was barely passable. It's getting old.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
Pictured: ERA MCU haters pwning MCU fans

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I'm pretty hyped for it. Infinity War was potentially my favorite superhero movie ever, with only Spider-Man 2 matching or surpassing it, and Endgame has all of the right signs to live up to the hype. If you've been keeping up with the MCU so far, I don't really see why you'd quit at the grand finale of the saga. It's a bit late for that

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Meh, nothing big ever happens and Magic will fix things if they need to retcon.

Having zero understanding of the past few movies, I assume doc strange will use magic and the characters that died or got deleted or whatever will come back with magic. *insert "hilarious" schwarma scene stinger*

*insert another stinger*

It's all but a certainty that some characters will die and stay dead.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Skipped the last four, so probably.
I'll probably get back in the MCU when the next spidermen comes out.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Skipping Endgame is like leaving the theater right as Luke screams "NEVER!" in Return of the Jedi.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah it's easy if nothing of consequence ever happens. Jokes and jokes, nothing set in stone. Grab Stan Lee's corpse to get a pop.

DC messed up because they tried something different instead of what people want which is cartoon battles and stingers to keep you coming back.

Probably just me, but only thing I remember from watching these movies is the anticipation of the "coming soon" stinger. It's carny, shallow, and manipulative, but whatevs, if people like it...

Nah, DC messed up by making bad movies with poorly developed characters and nonsensical narratives.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna watch it but I might wait a few weeks to avoid crowds or even until it's on VOD. I don't really like Marvel characters besides Spidey, Blade and the X-Men... And Spidey has a movie coming out not long after so it's not like I think there are any big time stakes in the movie. Like Iron Man or Cap might die but that's probably due to contract shit and I don't care about them or anyone else anyway. I did really like Infinity War though so I will probably end up liking this. I just don't have hype for it.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
I voted yes because I'm really thinking about it. Still haven't seen CM. I watched Antman and the Wasp on Netflix and it sucked. I'm happy I didn't go see that. Nothing about CM looked interesting, but I was never a fan of the character anyway. I also don't enjoy going to the movies anymore. There is always someone on their phone or talking.

I almost feel asleep watching IW too.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I won't see it in theaters, but I'll watch it eventually. I haven't went to the theater to see a MCU movie since the first Avengers film.

It's not like this will be the last Avengers film. It's just gonna ramp up again with a different arc/team until the profit isn't as large.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While amazing isn't the way I'd put it, since I much prefer DC's output, there is no way I'm missing Endgame.

Igorth

Nov 13, 2017
Im not seeing it on cinemas, thats for sure (I dont want to go alone), wife and friends dont enjoy this movies.

Waiting for bluray as always avoiding spoilers like a mad man.

cubanb

Oct 27, 2017
OP is an edgelord. For you to watch all these movies and go "naaaaw" makes no sense

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have tickets to it. I'm sure we will see it eventually, whether on home video or on a long airplane trip.

Either way, I'm sure I will read spoilers about the entire plot on here the day it comes out, and that saves me $20.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not planning on seeing it, but I've only seen a few of the movies over the years and am generally not interested in super hero stuff.

But I can't imagine having kept up with the franchise up to this point and then skipping the finale. Isn't this one supposed to be what every other film has built up to?

Sep 28, 2018
I will go see it, but I'm starting to be afraid even in their biggest highest stakes film yet they won't permanently kill anyone off... even Tony or Cap. It will be 'ambiguous' like they disappeared from the time continuum or whatever. And as uneventful/unemotional as The Snap "killing" the heroes via "dust" in Infinity War.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I binge watch the new movies at Christmas. So I will see Captain Marvel, Endgame and Spiderman at the end of the year.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda lost interest years ago, but Infinity War had me hyped more than any other movie in the MCU so far. Very curious about how they end the current arc. I'm not sure I'll keep on following the MCU too much after that, depending on where they go with the storyline. This 10 years arc was probably enough for me, they built a great thing (with multiple movies inbetween I wasn't a fan of), so if the next arc needs another 10 years and 20 or so movies to get to a good point I'll probably bail. But no way in hell I'm skipping Endgame.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, and by yes I mean just booked some gold class tickets for release day down under.

So howz about fuck no OP.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
No interest in Marvel movies.

I've stopped seeing any movie series that is conceived from the start as a franchise as a rule.

I'll finish Star Wars Ep 9 (skipped Solo though) and I am genuinely interested in seeing what Cameron cooks up with Avatar, but unless there's an auteur filmmaker behind one of these tentpole movies, I'm not going to watch it.

Also, I read Infinity War back in like 1992 or whatever...

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I don't watch children's movies. I'm a bit above that, sorry. But I'm glad everyone has a chance to watch their little comic book characters punch each other and go "yay!" when there's an explosion.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't watch children's movies. I'm a bit above that, sorry. But I'm glad everyone has a chance to watch their little comic book characters punch each other and go "yay!" when there's an explosion.

Apparently clapping is the appropriate action to partake. Upgrade that excitement with a jump up and holla fist pump too.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped some, even some important MCU movies. Even if I like their SH origin stories more than the plot of the big purple menace, I've gotta watch this one.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I havent really enjoyed a marvel movie since ragnarok but I will still go watch endgame as I would like to see how the arc ends

I will however wait a week or three before going and go in the middle of the day to avoid crowds.

Yes I am anti fun

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Isn't that like skipping out on Two Towers and Return of the King? Or skipping out on BTTF3 after seeing part 2 at the cinema. I couldn't leave this chapter unfinished.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'll probably see it one day since I've seen the others, but won't be paying to see it like I didn't with Black Panther, Ant-Man 2 or Infinity War, which was awful. Hell I got into Civil War free.

I'll just wait for the library to get the DVD or something, if I bother at all.
Isn't that like skipping out on Two Towers and Return of the King? I couldn't leave this chapter unfinished.

Not in terms of quality, no.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never actually watched any of these movies. I was interested in Black Panther that one time, but when I heard it's part of a big universe and I have to watch like 10 other movies to understand it I lost interest. And I'm not going to see Endgame either.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Recently Ragnorok and Infinity War were actually pretty damn good. Antman 2, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and GOTG2 were all super forgettable, for the most part.

So theres a chance it's good, even if so far the trailers/clips only reduce my hype.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never actually watched any of these movies. I was interested in Black Panther that one time, but when I heard it's part of a big universe and I have to watch like 10 other movies to understand it I lost interest. And I'm not going to see Endgame either.

I've skipped a handful of these movies and I still get what's going on. It's not really rocket science. It's good guys vs bad guys CGI fighting. 2/3rd of the way in they hit a rough spot but then they win at the end of each movie. I just spoiled them all for you.