• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I did a last minute solo trip to Universal Orlando maybe 2 or 3 years ago.

I originally planned on just doing Universal Studios, but I was able to see the majority of the rides in a few hours with the solo queue. Ended up getting a half-day pass or some kind of discounted ticket to Islands of Adventure and even though it was like 3pm, and the park closed at like 8pm or something, I was able to hit all the major rides there as well and even go on a few more than once.

Kong was my favorite of the motion simulator rides. I think most of them were really unsatisfying and weird since there is so much on the screen trying to stimulate you, but the ride itself is whatever. I think it's because of the action choreography for Kong, because it seemed I was able to suspend my disbelief more and just be entertained.

I liked the Mummy. The Jurrassic Park boat ride was fun for what it was but someone yelled at me over the intercom for taking pictures of the dinosaurs in the outdoors section. The Harry Potter rides were cool but I think whatever is the more rollercoaster one is the one I liked more. Hulk was cool, but I don't remember much about it besides the line being one of the longest for me and while I was excited to go on a full coaster with loops, it didn't make a big impression on me either way.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
OK! So if you can I'd suggest going on a weekday because there will be less people. The most populated part of the park are the Harry Potter sections.

Do NOT go on the Fast & Furious ride unless the wait is mega short. It's genuinely terrible.

My Favorites are:

Universal:
Rip Ride Rockit
Revenge of the Mummy
Men in Black

Islands:
The Hulk
Amazing adventures of Spider-Man

And my favorite place to eat there is in Citywalk, the Hot Dog Hall of Fame

OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did a last minute solo trip to Universal Orlando maybe 2 or 3 years ago.

I originally planned on just doing Universal Studios, but I was able to see the majority of the rides in a few hours with the solo queue. Ended up getting a half-day pass or some kind of discounted ticket to Islands of Adventure and even though it was like 3pm, and the park closed at like 8pm or something, I was able to hit all the major rides there as well and even go on a few more than once.

Kong was my favorite of the motion simulator rides. I think most of them were really unsatisfying and weird since there is so much on the screen trying to stimulate you, but the ride itself is whatever. I think it's because of the action choreography for Kong, because it seemed I was able to suspend my disbelief more and just be entertained.

I liked the Mummy. The Jurrassic Park boat ride was fun for what it was but someone yelled at me over the intercom for taking pictures of the dinosaurs in the outdoors section. The Harry Potter rides were cool but I think whatever is the more rollercoaster one is the one I liked more. Hulk was cool, but I don't remember much about it besides the line being one of the longest for me and while I was excited to go on a full coaster with loops, it didn't make a big impression on me either way.

In high school we got yelled at for fucking around on cat in the hat

OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP I am so excited for you, you are gonna have a blast and now I wanna do this.
Lol I did it yesterday! And I had so much fun was there from IOA opening to close. Posted what I did last page.

It's my last time in a theme park since like 2014. Got my theme park juices flowing and need to keep them back up in SoCal. I'm mostly a coaster guy so knotts and magic mountain are great and sea world has animals + a few coasters and the bay has a six flags.

My goal is every time I visit my parents to hit up a park or two. Really want to go to bush gardens and sea world orlando next time (maybe holidays?).

Funny story in college I applied for IOA and didn't get it (they didn't want me bailing) and got a job offer at disney and sea world and took sea world because it paid better. I rode kraken and manta so many times….