• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Wear make up if it helps you feel more confident and comfortable.

Don't be tempted to buy "MANLY MEN" make up for more money just because it exists.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's any need to beat up the OP, he clearly was trying to frame it as masculine presenting men but was unsure on the right words or framing to say so. Yes i know there are masculine presenting gay men, yes masculine presenting men in general can use makeup (that's the point). Provide him the right words and keep it pushing.

Brichfield

Oct 25, 2017
Haha yes OP funny story actually, last summer I was seeing a girl and one weekend after I came home from a weekend with her I had a reallll bad hickey on my neck.

I had work the next day so I asked my little sister to help me out with some concealer so my co-workers wouldn't have a field day with it lol. She gave me 2 types of concealer - 1 green and 1 skin tone color. She told me to put the green concealer on to remove the redness from the mark and then use the skin tone color to fade the mark completely. The key here though was to dab the concealer on vs. rubbing it on with your finger.

Anyway, from that point on whenever I went out on dates I usually put some of the green concealer on any red spots or patches on my face and put a bit of the skin tone color on the darkness under my eyes. It really helps on those bad skin days.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
Dude i'd wear full clown makeup if it meant i could go have nights out again.
pandemic means i haven't even put on shoes in two weeks

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
OP
OP
Irishmantis

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Thanks for all the replies folks

I'm gonna put a flag to the quotations to get removed as somebody suggested as it does the opposite intended affect

also yes it's concealer I meant thanks for that

Also I see some people defending me and I appreciate it But I don't think anybody is given me a hard time just either correcting how I presented/viewed or busting my chops for it, but I'm happy no I'll intent was caused thanks for the replies gonna order some, not just a "male brand" but any decent brand

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
A good application of make up won't be noticeable at all, if you were concerned about being judged. Get a concealer that matches your skin tone, learn a simple blend, and you're good to go.

As far as being judged, there will always be mean and ignorant people in the world. Your happiness is not a bargaining chip for their backwards opinions, wearing makeup is not a commentary on your sexuality or your masculinity.

Hope you find a brand that works for you.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
You want a concealer. Try going to a make up store to find one that matches your skin tone. (Obviously, when it's safe to do so in your area.) If you have a darker skin tone, it might be a bit harder to find a good match as unfortunately a lot of makeup brands (at least in the United States) can be shitty about their offerings for darker tones. If you want an opinion on the specific brand or product, there are usually make up artists and assistants who can guide you.

Mascara is specifically to make eyelashes look darker, thicker, and/or longer.

OP
OP
Irishmantis

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
You want a concealer. Try going to a make up store to find one that matches your skin tone. (Obviously, when it's safe to do so in your area.) If you have a darker skin tone, it might be a bit harder to find a good match as unfortunately a lot of makeup brands (at least in the United States) can be shitty about their offerings for darker tones. If you want an opinion on the specific brand or product, there are usually make up artists and assistants who can guide you.

Mascara is specifically to make eyelashes look darker, thicker, and/or longer.
Will do appreciate the advice

Thank you for the edit too, you helped me a lot <3

Pinku

Dec 21, 2017
Just a bit of BB cream. Makes the skin look healthier. Use it every day actually as a part of my morning routine.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Also, straight guys definitely need to get over the stigma around painting their nails. It's a way to express yourself! Why are sneakers the only way in which men are allowed to be flashy or unique while still being "straight"
You might be overthinking this aspect imo. I think a lot of guys just don't really care so they're not gonna put in any money/effort to do it. For me anyway it has nothing to do with any sort of stigma.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I don't think there's any need to beat up the OP, he clearly was trying to frame it as masculine presenting men but was unsure on the right words or framing to say so. Yes i know there are masculine presenting gay men, yes masculine presenting men in general can use makeup (that's the point). Provide him the right words and keep it pushing.

Im not sure anyone is beating up the OP, just pointing stuff out. And honestly it's a tiring stereotype that we shouldn't have to put up with.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
This thread reminds me that I really need to find a concealer. Tired of always having spots on my face.

Sep 14, 2019
Somewhat unrelated, but can anyone recommend a good face scrub or microdermabrasion cream?

I used to go to an esthetician's for microdermabrasion but she planned on retiring and with the pandemic, well, her business will be closed by the time we're back to normal. All other estheticians do their microdermabrasion like some spa treatment instead of the way my esthetician would do it.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I wish I knew how. I have facial hair, and after shaving have a little stubble. Where do I begin?

Actually curious here, any tips?

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
What's this "night out" you speak of? Haha. I don't, but that's probably more due to laziness than anything else. If you want to wear it just do it.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me when someone asked me if I was gay because I wear nail polish... Like what a weird thing to say. "That's out of the usual gender norm, it must be gay."

Been testing the waters on mascara myself, if only because if people can only see my eyes, may as well make them pop.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat unrelated, but can anyone recommend a good face scrub or microdermabrasion cream?

I used to go to an esthetician's for microdermabrasion but she planned on retiring and with the pandemic, well, her business will be closed by the time we're back to normal. All other estheticians do their microdermabrasion like some spa treatment instead of the way my esthetician would do it.
There's a Skin Care OT that I really should be reading more often, they might be able to help you out.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Never have but not hating on it. I think if you want to you should. Shit I got my ears pierced back when it was weird for guys to do that and I didn't give a fuck. You do you and be proud homie.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Own who you are OP!

but also to not be a hypocrite: just go into any makeup store and ask someone who works there to help you find a concealer to match your skin. I have two, Tarte and Fenty, the latter is darker for when im tan lol. I just use it for pimples or to just clear up my t zone. Also get a blender sponge. Because I'm not using a whole lot I just dab a tiny tiny bit on the tip of the sponge and "paint" it over whatever i want. Give it a try.

Last edited:

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
why is straight in quotes lol

I'm a girl but I think more dudes should feel comfortable wearing makeup. You don't have to do anything flashy or overly feminine if that isn't your style - like, I totally get not wanting to wear eyeliner or lipstick or whatever. But some concealer and color correction can hide blemishes or dark circles, and hooonestly, I think even more stuff like eyeshadow or mascara can look good on guys, but it's really up to your own confidence and comfort level.

Also, straight guys definitely need to get over the stigma around painting their nails. It's a way to express yourself! Why are sneakers the only way in which men are allowed to be flashy or unique while still being "straight"

Who is that lame? Tons of other ways to express oneself, like jewelery, watches, beard and hair style, clothing, tattoos, sun glasses, hats etc. I agree that there should be less stigma around make up though. Wear whatever you want!

T.I (uh oh)

Oct 29, 2017
I used to wear eye-liner on nights out back in my uni days (mid 00's).
It was never over the top - and most guys wouldn't even notice - but the girls loved it, and it was a great talking point to break the ice. I wasn't necessarily a good looking fella during those days - it took me until mid-late 20s to grow into my looks, but I had a pretty solid strike rate wearing eye-liner.

Moral of the story, do what you want.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I never cared whether or not I had a pimple showing so makeup never was an idea for me.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I use some brown stuff to cover pimples or red blemishes but that's pretty normal for anyone, I imagine.

I have pretty oily skin so I wouldn't attempt to go all crazy with concealer and have it end up looking shiny and super noticeable.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
nah, not makeup although back in my Drama class days I did during shows.

I do the full skin care routine. I like the skin on my face except around the corners of my eyes.

I reckon do you man. Plenty of guys out there wearing makeup.

I wouldn't want to get my eyebrows trimmed for fear of looking too feminine

This is funny because the male community here in Sydney that usually gets their eyebrows trimmed (Middle Eastern) are stereotypically considering quite aggressively masculine.