• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
Now that I subscribed, for the sole reason of watching the mandalorian. Anything else I should watch?

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Johnny Tsunami. One of the best disney channel original movies back in the day. Still holds up for me.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
If you're into the Disney Parks & the history behind them - their Imagineering show is compelling, though predictably it paints everything in a very favorable light. It's essentially a commercial for Disney World, but a really really good one.

The recording of Hamilton is also super cool, if you have any interest in musicals.

The High School Musical series is also better than you'd expect.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Ducktales 2017
Owl House (in 3 days)
Gravity Falls
Moana, because everyone should watch Moana again.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Tons.

Flight of the Navigator
Flight to Mars - old Disneyland "Tomorrowland" documentary
Walt and El Grupo - Doc about Walt's mental breakdown, excuse me... "goodwill trip" to South America for the making of Three Caballeros
Frank and Ollie - Doc about 2 of Walt's main animators in the early animated movies
Waking Sleeping Beauty - Doc about the resurgence of Disney Animation and the new Golden Era 1989-1996 era.
Duck Tales (2017 series)

There's really a ton of great stuff on there.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Gravity Falls. Not the Mandalorian.

Really, the backlog library is fantastic of course. The new stuff is pretty bad almost across the board.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually enjoyed the High School Musical series more than I thought I would, so you could always check that out.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Don't they have a proper HD version of the Black Cauldron on Disney+?

Or so I heard. Wish they'd put it on BD. :/

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids movie trilogy+tv series
Aladdin trilogy+tv series
Cinderella III: A Twist in Time
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Treasure Planet

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
They have all the Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors in their own subcategory which is cool.

Sticking with the Halloween theme, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mister Toad is good for the Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

Also, I always throw out Black Hole because it is a short, tight story with great music and a send off to old Hollywood disaster style movies.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
You can rewatch all the animated classic Disney movies. Aladdin and Lion King look amazing in 4K HDR.

And watch Tangled a bunch of times and it's series which is apparently good.

Moana, because everyone should watch Moana again.

For some weird reason, they still haven't made Moana in 4K available yet in europe. I already have the original blu-ray but wanna see it again in 4K.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
DUCKTALES 2017.

DuckTales (2017) is a seriously good show.

c33f799c5b430970809f71fbcd00a549.gif

Oct 30, 2017
Does it explain why the film is so terrible? Watched it with the family last night and we all hated it.
they had several focus groups with other Disney directors and writers because a lot of areas of the movie had no connective tissue or there wasn't enough exposition to inform the audience about the new location/people as well as the voice that kept coming to Elsa. So essentially they had chunks of ideas but struggled to connect them. Also the songs went through a ton of rewrites.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
If you have small kids, my 5 year old just got in to Bluey. It's really great.
If you have kids make sure to check out Bluey!

Yes, this needs to be reposted again. Such a great show. Actually Disney JR/XD has a lot of great shows if you haven't had cable in a while, most of which have been mentioned: the Avengers Earth's Mightiest, Duck Tales, Tangled the Series, Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb, and that isn't even getting to the old school goodness of the classic Duck Tales, Gargoyles, etc.

If you're watching Mandalorian I assume you also have at least a passing interest in Star Wars, and even though they have yet to put on the older Tartokovsky version they do have all of the newer Clone Wars. I'd even recommend Rebels (haven't gotten to Resistance).

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The Disney Nature stuff is all pretty good if you can get past some of the embellished personification of the animals.

The Muppet movies (even the new ones) are always great. The Muppets series from ABC a few years back was greatly underappreciated.

Free Solo

I haven't watched much of the National Geographic stuff to be honest, but there's a lot of it and many of them sound interesting.

I enjoyed Encore (one of their original series) but it definitely requires an appreciation for musical theater.

Last edited:

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
The Tangled TV series has no right to be as good as it is, but its really really good.
The Three Caballeros show was only ever released on D+ in the US, but is also great.

Oct 30, 2017
Another vote for bluey. My kids bloody love it, and as a parent... Well, yeah, I really like it as well. Just one of those special shows where you know the people making it just get it.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Hamilton is a must-see.
The Jeff Goldblum show is pretty entertaining.
Oh, and that spin-off of High School Musical is better than it has any right to be. (as long as you keep in mind that the target audience is still teens).

Then there is still the whole Disney Vault.
Gargoyles, Recess, etc, etc...
Also, having all of the Simpsons seasons (now in 4:3) is worth the subscription price alone.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Now that I subscribed, for the sole reason of watching the mandalorian. Anything else I should watch?

what Kinds of things are you interested in? Most of the options are 'family friendly'

Of the 'new' Disney original movies, I really liked 'Togo' its a true story about a Alaskan sled dog starring William Dafoe.

imagineering Story is a really in-depth series taking a look at the parks.

I also enjoyed the Pixar spark shorts

in more mainstream releases, Hidden Figures is pretty great.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Willow is a fun little fantasy movie from the 80's, one of George Lucas' non-Star Wars films. They are making a sequel series for it so wouldn't be bad to watch the original.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
I would go and watch all the old Disney "how to" videos. They hold up so well. I was busting up laughing watching this.

Also Three Caballeros has incredible music and is still beautifully animated.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
It's October. If you're into their classic TV shows I'm going to recommend So Weird. It's a kids show that often punches above its weight. The comedy episodes are fucking terrible, but the serious ones and anything lore or music heavy is fantastic. I'd maybe check out "Family Reunion" and then "Rebecca". If you like those, watch the first two seasons in production order, not the order listed. The show references past episodes but you won't get that if you watch it in the order they aired.

Season 3 is a mess for many reasons. The main actress left, as did the showrunners, and with them went the Irish mythos and attention to detail.