• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I have not played this game in over 20 years but man I had so much fun with Jumping Flash. Unlike many ugly early 3D games, it actually had style to it. It was the first game to make me feel like I had super human abilities in a 3D space. I'm sure it has aged horribly but I would love a low budget/AA reimagining of this game, even as a cool project for long term Playstation fans. Anybody else had fun memories with the robot bunny?

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love Jumping Flash, even if I wasn't very good at it. Would love a remake in VR.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jumping Flash is a classic. It's a brilliant idea that really should have gotten another shot.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
It's one of my favorite PS1 series. Now, if you want a really deep cut, you can check out their game before Jumping Flash, which was at least very similar, which would be Geograph Seal for the X68000. The music is absolutely amazing.

Like holy MOLY. And if you want to see how it plays, here's a speedrun of it.

Jul 10, 2018
PlayStation Picks Purple Disc. Loved it, finally beat it in 2017.

Remember if you hold all the shoulder buttons on the main menu screen, you can use the d-pad to adjust the sky speed.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
I still have a very, very unpopular opinion: Jumping Flash deserves to be the Sony mascot of that generation, not Crash.

The game is awesome, 2 is my favorite by far. Sadly both games were released too early into the first generation of PS1 games and they were pretty obscure for the later PS1 users, especially in third world countries. The worlds were HUGE for that time, even bigger than some Nintendo 64 3D platform games. Some of my friends had some flashbacks to Jumping Flash when Metroid Prime was released because of the helmet HUD.

This is super stupid by the way, but at the time I loved the character because the games feels like a spin-off of Rabio Lepus, a game that I loved so much in my childhood.

Right now a VR Jumping Flash would be awesome but I don't know who has the rights for Jumping Flash these days.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I had the demo disc that didn't have the game but a video of it. I still remember to this day. Game looked so hype.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
game is rad, played it for the first time in 2004 and thought it was special. it's like another evolutianry route 3d platformers could have taken. the tilt and the self shadow are really cool when you jump

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
1 and 2 are some of my favorite PS1 games, just pure platforming goodness. I didn't like Robbit mon Dieu as much, mostly because it's much more mission based and it can sometimes be hard to tell what you're supposed to do without being able to read Japanese or resorting to a guide. I would love to see a new entry, although I can't imagine modern-day Sony would have any interest in the property.

Oct 30, 2017
Coming off the SNES, Jumping Flash felt like it might as well have been VR. Fun graphics, amazing music, and holy shit - super ambitious 3D platforming that just worked. One of my favorite PS1 era memories.

Ikarus

Oct 30, 2017
At the time, it was amazing. I played it a few years back again... it's not aged well.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
Yes absolutely! One of my most wanted franchise comebacks!

Such unique artstyle and gameplay. Would get lost in those levels for hours.

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018
!! Had the original on PS1 and loved it. I remember the "big" old PlayStation game box it came in.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That was one of my most played demos from the launch demo disc. I loved the music and was bummed when I finally got the game to learn it was only for that world. Such a great game though, and has aged quite well. A new game with VR capabilities would be amazing.

Here it is, so damn charming combined with the visuals.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, for sure. Still waiting on some kind of nod to it from Sony. I totally agree a smaller budget digital game would be perfect. A PSVR game would be great as well.

The vibe, the music, the pretty chill difficulty curve and just the crazy sense of altitude all added up to something that was fun and really unique. There still hasn't been anything like it. I know a lot of people like JF2 but I greatly prefer the first game as the corridor levels in 2 totally undermined the spirit and concept of the game. Not a bad game but the first one was just so iconic to me.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I have very fond memories of Jumping Flash. I wonder if it still holds up at all today. I can imagine maybe not. I don't dare try it and ruin those fond memories though.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I bring it up as much as I can.. If I could experience it again in VR (not necessary) but Next Gen with the DualSense.... man.. I would be on cloud nine.

That was one of my most played demos from the launch demo disc. I loved the music and was bummed when I finally got the game to learn it was only for that world. Such a great game though, and has aged quite well. A new game with VR capabilities would be amazing.

Here it is, so damn charming combined with the visuals.

And from part two..

trevofour

Oct 26, 2017
joisey
One of my favorite series on the PS1. Played so much of that pack-in demo, then immediately bought the game and imported the sequel (which also included the original). Still pick it up from time to time, holds up
surprisingly well minus the shoulder button vertical aiming.

I'd recommend the PS1 Ghost in the Shell game if you like Jumping Flash. Same team iirc.

Whatever happened to Exact? Did they just become a part of Sony Japan Studios?

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
I had Parappa and Crash when I got my PS1 and ended up renting these games back to back. Easily made for some of my best PS1 memories. Sony needs to do a PSVR reboot.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I want a VR version. It might be a bit intense for some people but I would love it.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the way the announcer said "Jumping Flash!" at the beginning. Great soundtrack. It also reminds me that they made the Ghost in the Shell game too, which has one of the best anime game intros of that era (up there with Tales of Destiny, etc.).

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I had never heard of this game until they rereleased it on PSN so I played it on PS3. It made me so sick. It probably would've been dope if I grew up with it, but I can not handle it today.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I loved it at the time, big mid-90s early 3D charm. The concept of exploring a large (back then) cartoony 3D world with the jumping ability really appealled at the time, and god yeah, that demo on the theme park world with the rideable rainbow walkways in the sky blew my tiny mind then. But it hasn't aged well and it's almost certainly better in my head than to replay today...

Feb 13, 2018
New Jersey
It was an awesome game, I played the crap out of the demo; then my brother rented it and beat it over a weekend. The games deserves more recognition for being a 3D shooter/platformer that got everything right the first time.