• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's not the subject of this discussion.

Also
Moi8Rpr.jpg
As somebody who just started watching Star Trek, god damn it

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Last Blade series.
Last Blade 2 is a very solid fighting game for one thing so go for that.

For reference, these are the female characters in the game
yuki121.gif

akari-lastblade-japan-profile.JPG

hibiki-med1.gif

snk-kojirou3.gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Under Night definitely has some anime designs lol. It's not too bad unless I'm forgetting something, but there are lots of large boobs and short skirts.
I think a lot of these are debatable. It would probably be better to show the OP pictures of the roster so that they can decide for themselves.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Is Samurai Shodown on Xbox? I don't remember that being overtly sexual.

Also Dragon Ball Fighter Z's not so bad for the few women that are in it? (Very few...)

But yea I've mentioned on then Soulcalibur VI reddit a few time that I think there's a balance between being sexy/cool and being fan service and Soulcalibur tips past the line with the boob sizes and under boobs and shit. Sometimes it's met with agreement and othertimes people are very quick to defend the big tiddies.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Tekken 7 is pretty safe/tame. There is Katarina I guess, but thats about it in the base cast w/e dlc characters. It's fun but not as loose and easy to pick up as Calibur.
maxresdefault.jpg

The power rangers game I've heard many good things about as well.
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 might be available as well? It's pretty fun out of the box too.
Injustice 2 is another good one that isn't overly violent like MK but still features Ivy.

yeah but that is way different than this
95a5fc77ebfcc64c1bfca53973f2b97a.gif

ForthrightDeepFurseal-max-1mb.gif

Awww they forgot to do down down up up then high punch cause then you get the "TOASTY!!". Injustice 2 is a pretty good one, everyone is designed fairly well I think.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that in the AAA sphere MK11 handles this the best is both hilarious and sad. I would go with Injustice 2 since its in the same ballpark and probably something a kid would be very much into.

Commanderbuck

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shaolin vs Wu-tang

Buy Shaolin vs Wutang | Xbox

Shaolin vs Wutang is a 1 on 1 INDIE CASUAL combat game featuring hand to hand and weapon combat, great music and inspired graphics. No flashy over the top effects, just combat influenced by classic Kung Fu films. The game features authentic fighting sounds from films and a licensed soundtrack...

Oct 25, 2017
You may want to consider some of the older games that are available on back compat. Soul Calibur 1 and 2 are available on Xbox One / Xbox Series as these were released on 360 and are supported on the later consoles. The women in those games are dressed a little more tastefully than in the more recent sequels. SC2 is arguably the best Soul Calibur as well...

Other than that have a look at some of the retro and re-released 2d games like the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, VF2 or other games of that era. Older games generally had less in the way of fan service.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
The fact that in the AAA sphere MK11 handles this the best is both hilarious and sad. I would go with Injustice 2 since its in the same ballpark and probably something a kid would be very much into.
The reality is that western fighting games are improving in this area way earlier than Japanese fighting games. You have to actually go back in time in order to find stuff like Last Blade or Virtua Fighter.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Is Samurai Shodown on Xbox? I don't remember that being overtly sexual.

Also Dragon Ball Fighter Z's not so bad for the few women that are in it? (Very few...)

But yea I've mentioned on then Soulcalibur VI reddit a few time that I think there's a balance between being sexy/cool and being fan service and Soulcalibur tips past the line with the boob sizes and under boobs and shit. Sometimes it's met with agreement and othertimes people are very quick to defend the big tiddies.
Mina is . Most of the game isn't, but some of the DLC characters are. And maybe Charlotte but not much.
I have little hopes about KIF XV though.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
You may want to consider some of the older games that are available on back compat. Soul Calibur 1 and 2 are available on Xbox One / Xbox Series as these were released on 360 and are supported on the later consoles. The women in those games are dressed a little more tastefully than in the more recent sequels. SC2 is arguably the best Soul Calibur as well...

Other than that have a look at some of the retro and re-released 2d games like the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, VF2 or other games of that era. Older games generally had less in the way of fan service.
Eh, I feel like especially with the release of Cammy, practically every non set in feudal or ancient wherever FG had a character with either a bikini or thong as part of their design.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Also, Tekken might not be as sexualised as SC /outwardly objectifying, but it still annoys me that every woman who hits 30 is apparently too old and is either killed or cryogenically frozen to stay young.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also, Tekken might not be as sexualised as SC /outwardly objectifying, but it still annoys me that every woman who hits 30 is apparently too old and is either killed or cryogenically frozen to stay young.
Pretty sure nina got frozen once only and time has passed since tekken 3.

Edit: wait tekken 4-7 all take place in a year? wtf LOL

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I feel like especially with the release of Cammy, practically every non set in feudal or ancient wherever FG had a character with either a bikini or thong as part of their design.

Yeah fair point. I guess it's up to the OP as far as what he is cool with and what he feels less comfortable with. Older games seemed to focus less on that kind of stuff, but even then Ivy has been an example of that since she was first in Soul Calibur.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

If Ivy, Taki and Sophitia are the ones the OP was specifically referring to, those games aren't really going to help.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Hey now, Michelle didn't die / wasn't cryogenically frozen. She just naturally looks the same age as her adult daughter 😬

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is on the Xbox 360 marketplace for $20. Fun game & the outfits aren't particularly immodest IIRC.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Kind of a stretch on "fighting game", but TowerFall is a competitive platforming game where the roster is subtly, majority women. Let alone sexualization, it's kind of bizarre when you think about it how rare that is.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Then fighting herds is the most wholesome fighting I've played in a while, hehe. But no Xbox. I hope it comes to console 1 day.

i would say soul calibur 2.

Jun 2, 2019
Under Night In-Birth (haven't played it myself, but I hear nothing but praise for it)

Moderately, it's pretty tame by fighting game standards, but it has some questionable designs.

nanase-uniel-art.png
hilda-uniel-art.png
eltnum-uniel-art.png

Now obviously not every character is like this, and I don't recall any like upskirt or jiggle animations, but still.

I'm currently playing the game on PS4. No sexualized animations whatsoever (Neither boob jiggle, upskirt or raunchy winning/losing animations)

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Tossing in another vote of confidence for Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid.

Don't sleep on it.

Oct 25, 2017

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Injustice 2 is a good pick, plus its not difficult to learn how to play.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unpopular opinion: If she already likes the game then let her keep playing. You can explain to the best of your ability how the women there are not a fair representation of the real world. That's what I would do at least.