• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
We are going on a family trip and thought it might be fun to play some TMNT with the in laws. Not looking for anything great of course, just 3-4 controllers that can suffice to play that game. Wondering if there's any non terrible options around $20 ish?

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
Honestly your better off just buying another set of joycons and using halfsies.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
If you've got controllers lying around from other systems then I recommend getting some controller adapters.

The one I use is the Magic NS.

RGamer2009

Oct 28, 2017
You have any spare Gamecube controllers? Get the Switch Gamecube adapter and have up to 4 more controllers, perfect for most switch multiplayer games.

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
+1 for 8Bitdo, they make good stuff in my experience. Would strongly recommend you don't buy another set of joycons, only a matter of time before they start drifting.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
8bitdo
PowerA
IINM

In that order. If you want something similar to joycon, try looking for Binbok or Hori.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
If you just want to play TMNT you don't even need analog stick controllers. I've been playing it with my NSO SNES controller.

With that said, you might want to look into the 8Bitdo Lite Bluetooth Gamepad for Switch at $25. It has the analog sticks replaced with traditional d-pads. Which is weird looking but good for TMNT (I believe you can swap functionality with a button combo, too). If you are okay spending $30, then I recommend 8Bitdo's M30. Which is a take on the Genesis 6 button controller. I like playing TMNT with that the most.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
You have any spare Gamecube controllers? Get the Switch Gamecube adapter and have up to 4 more controllers, perfect for most switch multiplayer games.
Missing buttons, no usable second stick, even worse d-pad.
great for smash and works for MK8, but not for every game, so he should know what he wants to play.

And yeah, for TMNT it would work, but as i sad, i dont really like the dpad on the GC controller.

KC-Slater

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
If you just want to play TMNT you don't even need analog stick controllers. I've been playing it with my NSO SNES controller.

That's interesting--I didn't know that you could use the NSO SNES controllers with stuff outside of the NSO' offerings. So you can used them for basically anything that you don't need an analogue stick for? Could they be used as extra Mario Kart 8 controllers, too?

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
That's interesting--I didn't know that you could use the NSO SNES controllers with stuff outside of the NSO' offerings. So you can used them for basically anything that you don't need an analogue stick for? Could they be used as extra Mario Kart 8 controllers, too?

Yep. I haven't tried MK8D, but I see no reason it wouldn't be fine. The lack of a home button could make them a little inconvenient. You cannot change the button mapping on the NSO controllers though (but TMNT has in game mapping).

I've been using the SNES one with Octopath Traveler as well. And I've used the N64 one to play Turok (although that required some in-game tweaks to get it to functioning like the N64 original).

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a couple last year from aliexpress for less than 20€ and they were surprisingly good. wireless and with motion sensors