• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Antz (1998) vs It's a Bug's Life (1998)

• Antz (1998)

• It's a Bug's Life (1998)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
This is a very important question.

Antz (1998) is about a social uprising.

A Bug's Life (1998) is a fun adaption of Seven Samurai.

Both films contain ants and came out in the same year. Some believe Dreamworks peeked at Pixar's homework. Both have been well received.

But which do you reckon is better dearies?

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BeeMovie.png

Not at all. Its Antz

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I like Bug's Life a lot more personally. Especially the music.

But Antz has the best character. Barbatus.

He deserved way better. But went out like a hero.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they were both pretty bad but A Bug's Life (where on earth did it come with the "It's" in front of it, OP?) had the two little beetles that went
"YOU FIYAAAAD"
"NO YOU FIYAAAAD"
and therefore it's the better movie

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Is this titled "It's a Bug's Life" in other locations outside of the US? That title makes me laugh

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
I rewatched Antz lately and thought it was really quite interesting with its social politics. It's ruined by Woody Allen as the feeble and irritating Jewish stereotype perpetually complaining about his ankles or some shit, and bar the insane general plotting to genocide the workers, is really the villain, ruining things for everyone with his ineptitude and lazyness.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Antz. But looking back it was a weird as movie. That one ant that got beheaded in the war and the bee that got flattened in front of her husband...

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
You know because of Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Antz, I use to think actual ants were like pushovers and shit. Then I started watching nature shows, ants are actually OP in real life.

Jun 12, 2018
They're both good, but even as a kid I somehow remember thinking that they were trying too hard with some of Antz's jokes and moments.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
They're both awful, but Antz. It's probably the only example I can think of where Dreamworks trumps Pixar. A Bug's Life is my least favorite excluding Cars.

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
There are a lot of people in this thread criticizing A Bug's Life, and you should be ashamed.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Watching Antz as an adult after enjoying the films of Woody Allen made it a totally different experience. Brutally underrated film, I prefer it ABL.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
A Bug's Life is a delight. I could never enjoy Ants and having Woody Allen in it totally kills it for me.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
not gonna lie, im absolutely shocked that Antz has any votes, much less 3/4 of what Bug's life has.

newline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Antz had Woody Allen playing his typical neurotic self, made it's comedy way more mature & interesting. I do remember it being pretty messed up for an animated movie though. I think had my dad actually read up on it before buying it on VHS he wouldn't have let me watch it.

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy both for different reasons, but I'd probably watch ABL over Antz if both were put in front of me.