• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Epic+Games+Node%2FCustomer+Services%2FEpic%2BGames%2BCustomer%2BServices-540x540-79643f78a1c50b201e9645de4ab8149f3ed27c81.jpg

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
wish that when Kojima was specifically asked about this in April he would have said yes or no. maybe he can't because of contracts but that's shitty thing to do. give people information to make an informed purchase. don't trick people.

This is usual sony tactic. When under the exclusivity/market period they forbid any mention or discussion of other versions.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Great if true, no reason to want games on less platforms - just be happy that its on the one you own, others getting in on the fun won't in any way lessen your own.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I remember an interview where he said that it's how it was going to happen when the game just got announced.

That was the original plan in December 2015 when they teamed up with Sony prior to even choosing an engine to work with. i figured when they chose the engine created by an in-house Sony studio (GG) it effectively killed the idea of a PC version there and then since there hasn't been any other instance of Decima appearing on PC...i still don't see it happening...unless of course Sony are aiming to turn the Decima engine into a PhyreEngine situation?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
As for people wondering "why Sony would allow it".
Easy answer: They may own the trademark, but after Kojima being fired despite being vice president of Konami and losing his previous work, I highly doubt he was dumb enough to not negociate ownership of his work this time.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Inb4 the PC version is through PSNow. Kojima got bamboozled by big Jimbo.
Though hopefully this gets enough traction for Sony to say if it's full exclusive or not. Them seemingly randomly tagging it with console exclusive, PS exclusive or neither is just annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
A 6 months exclusivity would surprise me a little.

1 year however = Death Stranding launching on PC and PS5 by November 2020. Looks like a great scenario for both Kojima Prod and Sony.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
I don't get why Sony would fund the game then release on PC, anyway if it is then i probably will wait for PC version.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
They aren't forgetting, they're in denial.
I've been expecting a year of exclusivity since that was announced. Like NieR:Automata, only worse. People said the PC version of that was cancelled too.
If it doesn't come to PC eventually? It's their loss. I'm not buying a PlayStation.

Really? DS is a Sony IP, they decide if it's on PC or not. Nier is a Square IP.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Awesome news! Is this the first time a game made in an engine designed for PS4/Sony console is released for PC?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Facts.

Honestly I'm really tired of the secrecy surrounding platform exclusivity deals. This is the kind of thing that should be made clear to everyone. Third-party exclusives in general are just bleh.

Yeah, Nioh 2 is going the same shady way
PC it is then.

Y'all still falling for this?

Im not falling for anything? Just pointing out that the tag thing isn't really reliable. A PC release is possible and would be very welcoming

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ye I doubt it will be an Epic Store timed exclusive - Kojima is all about the fans, and probably know how much of a meme ES is.

That being said, a lot depends on Sony's control over Kojima.

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea why Sony would let an IP it owns go to PC, but oh well.

Well back in 2015 a lot of other publishers could have offered tons of money and support for Kojima to make a multiplatform game.

Sony having this monster hype of a game as a console exclusive and a launch exclusive remains a major advantage in the grand scheme of things.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Great news, But man imagine waiting a year from Nov already, Game will be spoilt left right and centre. Weird things these timed exclusives are, Like just release it for the platforms instead of 6/12 month delays. There either exclusive or not. Sony allowing alot of leeway lately with their IP's.
Think i'll hold off and wait for new gpu's as i can see it being released for the PS5 aswell but 8K enhanced on the box cover.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well because back in 2015 a lot of other publishers could have offered tons of money and support for Kojima to make a multiplatform game.

Sony having this monster hype of a game as a console exclusive and a launch exclusive remains a major advantage in the grand scheme of things.

Right, but they own the IP. What's the benefit in removing the exclusivity from their own game?

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish companies were crystal clear on this type of thing.

Good it is coming to PC as initially announced (or teased)

They want it to sell well on PS4 obviously first.

60 FPS master race version confirmed

That was one area I was concerned about in the trailer, the frame rate didnt look too great.

I'll just wait for the Epic Store first bombshell.

You know they will try.

That's a weak reason. IIRC Kingdom Hearts The Story So Far also lacks that "Only on playstation" label.

So are you against the possibility of it coming to PC?

Should add 'rumour' in the title.

It's pretty evident you would like it to remain Playstation exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.