• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Between this and the horse dewormer, I feel like this is all nonsense cooked up by some internet trolls to see what people will believe. It's just too stupid to be real.
Oh, this whole thing is the manufactured outgrowth of malicious state actors and other powerful entities on the world stage. It's seeded by bad actors like Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, etc... Any government looking to destabilize the current Western world powers. Then stupid morons and grifters here domestically do the rest of the leg work.

It's a self perpetuating disinformation age dystopian nightmare.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
It's interesting that these alternatives are hardly ever safe options. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if this was all some sort of long con to filter gullible idiots out of the gene pool...

Oct 29, 2017
Between this and the horse dewormer, I feel like this is all nonsense cooked up by some internet trolls to see what people will believe. It's just too stupid to be real.

People unironically following Q shit proves that anything is possible--and that our society is in deep and potentially permanent decline.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2-Please-Proceed-300x197.gif

I dislike that this was my first reaction.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
It's interesting that these alternatives are hardly ever safe options. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if this was all some sort of long con to filter gullible idiots out of the gene pool...
Yeah none of these are like "Oh, eat more keratine. Maybe eat some blueberries"

Instead their go-to is "GRAB SOME SHIT OUT OF YOUR GARAGE/CLEANING SUPPLY CLOSET AND START CHUGGING"

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what they will poison themselves with next 🤔 maybe random mushrooms from the forest?

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing that the decades of advancements in medical science has allowed people to easily live through things that were previously life-threatening long enough to start denying that same science so they can kill themselves by not taking the safety measures they took all their life to keep them from dying to a common cold. It really just comes full circle.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
All of this due to some politicians egos and some natural health grifters trying to sell product and/or get views.

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of this Twitter thread from today from Ben Collins, who has been monitoring these communities for NBC.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
At least they'll be prepared for when one of those idiots starts pushing Radium as a cure all for Coronavirus.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of this conspiracy theory stuff sounds like it was made up by asshats who are just throwing out whatever they can come up with to see who they can trick into poisoning themselves.

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
There is a betadine gargle commercially available. It's a diluted version of the regular antiseptic solution and of course it's still not meant to be ingested either.
Of course it's not meant to be used in case of viral infection because it does fuck all against those.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit like this is why aliens don't want to talk to us
We really must look like morons to them

"Wait wait wait. They have the vaccine. Why do they take this other shit instead?"

"Perhaps this species has somehow lost its genetic programming for survival?"

"Makes sense. They're a lost cause. Let's go visit these badasses right by Alpha Centauri."

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Are they washing the paste down with this?

It feels like trolls are spreading crazy things to see what freedumb fools will follow.

Next week it will be using a neti pot with ammonia.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
They will put every fucking random thing into their bodies, but not the vaccine. Ffs are they dumb.

Oct 26, 2017
This might seem like a stupid question but is there no Betadine gargle in the west? Or are these stupid antivaxxers using the topical version for wounds?

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I mean surely it's either a variant of COVID that'll get em (where other strains failed) eventually or ingesting this crap.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
Please put a picture of the betadine gargle in the OP. This exists and is widely used for sore throats / common colds. It's ridiculous to use it instead of a vaccine, but its miles and miles away from freaking horse paste.

Oct 26, 2017
Please put a picture of the betadine gargle in the OP. This exists and is widely used for sore throats / common colds. It's ridiculous to use it instead of a vaccine, but its miles and miles away from freaking horse paste.
Yeah, I was wondering if the gargle does not exist in the west but seeing the replies here I would think the Betadine gargle is safer than Ivermectin or whatever.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Amazing that the decades of advancements in medical science has allowed people to easily live through things that were previously life-threatening long enough to start denying that same science so they can kill themselves by not taking the safety measures they took all their life to keep them from dying to a common cold. It really just comes full circle.
Medical science has come so far but stupidity is still incurable.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing says "prophylaxis" like using something that'll soothe symptoms that present themselves when you're already infected.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
This might seem like a stupid question but is there no Betadine gargle in the west? Or are these stupid antivaxxers using the topical version for wounds?
According to the article, they're using the topical kind for cuts and wounds, not the gargle. Either way, it does not seem either are proven to kill COVID-19 effectively.