• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Local news station WISTV reports that Adrian Aguilar, a trainer at the Anytime Fitness located in Edgewater, Illinois, tried to ask 30-year-old Anthony Myers to comply with the gym's policies regarding face masks to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus pandemic.

Myers did not take kindly to his requests, however, and started angrily berating him.
Myers actually called the police to the gym -- but after seeing the footage, they proceeded to arrest Myers and charge him with trespassing and battery, as footage shows that he shoved Aguilar on multiple occasions.

Myers has also been permanently banned from Anytime Fitness.

More at:
www.rawstory.com

'You're ruining my country!' Man has epic public meltdown after gym trainer asks him to wear a mask

A man was caught on camera last week having a public meltdown at an Anytime Fitness gym after a trainer asked him to wear a face mask. Local news station WISTV reports that Adrian Aguilar, a trainer at the Anytime Fitness located in Edgewater, Illinois, tried to ask 30-year-old Anthony Myers...

Ban me from Anytime Fitness if old

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Myers actually called the police to the gym -- but after seeing the footage, they proceeded to arrest Myers and charge him with trespassing and battery
hahahahaha, eat shit

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Myers actually called the police to the gym -- but after seeing the footage, they proceeded to arrest Myers and charge him with trespassing and battery, as footage shows that he shoved Aguilar on multiple occasions.
giphy.gif

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
He actually thought that the police was going to be on his side because of a mask mandate policy he refuses to abide by? What a absolute moron. He deserves to be arrested.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I saw a clip of this posted to Reddit. Dude who called the cops just screamed douchebag the entire time, but it was amazing watching literally everyone else in the gym just call him an asshole.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Did he actually think he would win here? This is the worst lawyer I've ever seen. He should advertise "please call me if you want to go to the gas chamber". It's a privately owned facility and being privately owned means that they can enforce any rule they want.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Someone calling the police for his own crime? What's next, a mouse that's chasing after cats?

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
This guys either going to get fired or a big promotion. Yeah, that's where we are at now.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
There are people in real life that talk like this? Incredible. Sounds like an over-the-top bully in an 80s movie.

Congratufuckinglations.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is what the world would look like right now if these people acted like their actions had consequences

4biDlva.jpeg

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Man the lack of self preservation too. The trainer looks like he could've slapped him into another universe.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Guess wearing a mask isn't masculine enough for him and that threatened him. 2020 and 2021 are really exposing these pathetic simpletons in large numbers. Their minds break over the most basic ass things.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
edgewater huh? He's dumb. Most places take the mask thing seriously in Chicago. It's been that way since the start. He's just being dumb

Thorakai

Oct 27, 2017
I can only imagine how intoxicating a lifetime of privilege must feel to be so empowered to call police and expect them to serve your needs when you are blatantly breaking the rules.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
The trainer is Latino and knew the stakes wouldn't be in his favor if he did anything, that's why you can see him raise both his hands in clear view and he kept nodding like "Yeah yeah whatever"

This. It would've been too risky. Letting that lawyer hang himself was the best course of action that the trainer could do.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
The employee has god level patience. If someone betrayed me like that, I would have gone off on them.

Off-topic, but the dude at the end did not blink. I could have turned off the video then, but I had to see if he would blink. It felt uncomfortable to watch him stare for ~90 seconds straight. Is this a rare condition some people have or am I being an asshole myself? I've really never seen someone do that before.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
That's some BIG Shapiro style energy and delusion.

Coach had infinite patience.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
The employee has god level patience. If someone berated me like that, I would have gone off on them.

Off-topic, but the dude at the end did not blink. I could have turned off the video then, but I had to see if he would blink. It felt uncomfortable to watch him stare for ~90 seconds straight. Is this a rare condition some people have or am I being an asshole myself? I've really never seen someone do that before.
WHOOPS WHAT THE... I wanted to edit my post, not create an entirely new one

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, let's see how many typical anti-masker responses we can get in a 1 minute and a half video.

-Casual shoving of another person despite being a kinda stingy looking, that's a big one. Later accuses the other person of "raising the situation."
-"Why can't you just mind your own business?"
-"You're ruining my country. It's not a racist thing, it's a literal thing."
-"I'm a lawyer." Circles back to the second point, not only are you interrupting me, you're interrupting someone above you.

Just needed a few more, like "I'm a paying customer" or "Masks don't work" and dude could have gotten a free quizno's sub.

Oct 28, 2017
What an outstanding commercial for the lawyer to not to hire if you need and astute legal mind. He was too ignorant and in the moment to realize that he committed assault on film, and then he actually called the police on himself thinking he was in the right. I'd represent myself before I showed up in court with that chucklefuck at my side.

And that coach has the patience of a chopping block.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wow. What on Earth did he think would happen when he called the police?
I'm a lawyer and I'm going to sue the fuck out of you
What a weirdo, the idea that the trainer has somehow committed a 'crime' by asking him to put a mask on in a pandemic on private property. Some lawyer.

Trainer has epic levels of patience in dealing with that level of fuckwittery.