• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
This honestly may be my most anticipated game, an Anthem reboot. I am really, really excited to see how this turns out eventually.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a shot when this is all done. I was always interested.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hope they add cross save or something. Played on Xbox and now I would play on PC but dunno if want to start over (unless it's a reboot).

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I like the combat in this game quite a bit so part of me is hopeful for their revival. Not holding my breath but hopeful nonetheless

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
Sounds like they're making all the right decisions, I'm interested to see where they take this!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hats off to Bioware Austin. I have said that they should can the whole thing, but I guess someone else's money is at stake. so props to those devs for making this work

betawaychill

Jun 6, 2018
I was actually thinking about re-downloading this the other day. As boring as it could be, the movement really hooked me.. but with that new avengers game coming out I think my Iron Man roleplay can stop there.

It's cool they're actually putting work into improving this after all, though. I'm back in if they reach those goals by next release.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
wow so its not dead yet. I like what i see...

60 fps relaunch on PS5 and im gonna give it a try again

WorldHero

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the reboot works out well for the team. Hopefully the next gen machines give them enough power and flexibility to match their vision (and ours).

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of thought they might just sit on all this info and dump it all out at once to generate the most attention. But hey at least they haven't abandoned it.

Ashgar

Oct 28, 2017
The core gameplay is pretty fun, but the mission design is not. The campaign also has a large "do busywork" section because they were aware it was a bit short otherwise. I hope they can salvage a fun game out of this.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of thought they might just sit on all this info and dump it all out at once to generate the most attention. But hey at least they haven't abandoned it.
Weird thing is that the studio head was taking feedback on new factions on twitter, none of those pics are here though.

EcXMAoaXkAIDwDt

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Anthem's combat is honestly probably my favorite among 'looter shooters' that I've played, still lots to be desired in other areas. But there's some pretty good stuff in that blog post, sounds promising. If they can relaunch it with those kinds of systems in place and it works well, I might jump back in next gen.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at those gifs in the blog post, wow, they're just going FULL Destiny with this redesign lol.
It almost felt that some of the design choices they made to begin with were partially chosen to distance from Destiny. I get that, wanting to stand separate, but it felt like they missed the mark where Destiny really nailed it.

And ever since, they've been inching toward Destiny style designs. I don't blame them for just going with something that works, though.

Question for everyone:

How many games have you noticed that seem to have been inspired by the Destiny UI?

Avengers, the new AC games, Anthem's redesign... all have aspects that feel similar. I wonder how influential it has been...

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Everything they are describing sounds good, but these changes are also quite obvious and should have been in the game from the start.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
I like the combat in this game quite a bit so part of me is hopeful for their revival. Not holding my breath but hopeful nonetheless

Likewise. I did have quite a bit of fun with the game up until you hit the end, then it was just repetitive without much to do.

I'm hoping they could pull off a reboot of the game, and while they're at it, bring it over to XSX/PS5 with some improvements to loading/framerate.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
First Anthem blog in a long time that has any tangible piece of information on change. But again whatever they are doing has no date and is seemingly super far away. I just hope I don't have to pay again for this.

Also this gear comparisons looks straight out of Destiny.

Anthem%E2%84%A2-7_21_2020-11_33_24-AM_NoBorder-1024x576.jpg

Onvious

Nov 16, 2019
Why this game has weapons at all? I mean if we add stuff (not just perk but for filler attacks too) to our armors and and use them all time would be more fun. When I played closed beta, I had a feeling that I was Iron Man for an hour(ranger class)

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First Anthem blog in a long time that has any tangible piece of information on change. But again whatever they are doing has no date and is seemingly super far away. I just hope I don't have to pay again for this.

Oh they're bringing backing the pilot skills that randomly disappeared from the beta and never made it into the game lmao

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who was all in on Anthem prerelease, I'm hopeful for the 2.0 update. All these changes look good and I hope they can do it. The potential for this game was huge.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Will get back into this. Fallout 76 is now a really fun game, and I think they can turn this around with some work.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
I desperately want this game to have a FF14 2.0 style turnaround.

It could be so, so good.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I still hop into Anthem now and again. Still love the overall style and movement options. Just wish they nailed everything else first, before the community became bitter and disillusioned. Need some kind of NMS miracle to turn it around and I just don't see EA wanting to burn money to do that in the longterm.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017

this shot is almost a copyright crime, wth

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Avengers will kill this game.
I kinda agree, EA will need a sizable marketing strategy to try and revitalize Anthem when this overhaul finally comes.

Watching the last two War table streams of Avengers I literally had the thought of "this is what Anthem should have been when it launched".
A story that looks half-way decent, promised (and already shown) post launch content like new characters, and a TON of content.

I remember one of Anthem's big complaints being that there just wasn't that much to do, and even in the main campaign there was stupid objectives to pad the game out like "kill 100 things" or "find 100 items" just to unlock a door to continue the game.

I bought Anthem for about $10 on PC hoping this update would be good enough to get me into it eventually, and maybe it still will, but I'm currently planning on pre-ordering Avengers if the word of mouth on the beta is good enough.