• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Are these games a "shared" world though? I don't know about the Division but not a single of these games I know is actually a shared world. It's mostly fancy window dressing for the old BNet lobbies in D2. The only one that comes close to actually feeling shared with other players is Destiny but even that is extremely limited.
I recalled in Division 1 you couldn't actually bump into other players out in the game world outside the dark zone. Can you in division 2?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I agree. But the poster I replied to said it was great at launch, which is just wrong.

True. I still remember when Massive came out and admitted that "protection from elites" trait actually increased the damage you took from elites because someone put a minus sign where a plus sign should have been.
There was a lot of mistakes made in the first months of The Division, but they did turn the game around extremely well.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, why do people need to throw shade at Division and Destiny because Anthem is such a pos? No need for that.

First of all, Anthem Should not be comparing to D1 since that was a 2014 game and one of the first "GaaS" games to hit consoles. Division also launched rocky but over time fixed its issues and it became an awesome game.

Destiny 2 launched pretty strong with good reviews. It had content, a decent campaign, and the end game wasn't so grindy BUT it also had its short comings because they got tons of feedback that this new system in D2 wouldn't work. So with Forsaken they went back to how D1 was but added that's D2 flavor and now the Forsaken package is probably one of the best deals in gaming currently.

Either way, NONE of those games had the ridiculous technical issues Anthem has currently.

The excuse of "well Destiny and division had a rocky launch so it's ok if Anthem does too" makes me cringe so much.

They had years to learn from those mistakes. They could have taken the best ideas from D1, Division 1 and now Destiny 2 to make their game the ultimate "looter shooter" or "GaaS" game....

I mean wtf have been doing these last 4-5 years!?
th

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
If you're still debating whether to buy the game or not, this is very worth a watch.

It's kind of painful to watch. It's discussing the roadmap and his thoughts on whether the game will survive.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Something I've noticed from watching video reviews is that the pulsing blue light that emits from Anthem's rifles every time they fire is absolutely unbearable. Watching gameplay is actually physically painful.

Drelkag

Oct 25, 2017
Have no interest in playing Anthem long term sadly. Game didn't grab me like most BIoware games did.

Sad to see these reviews only because it'll hurt resources Bioware is given in the future.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Something I've noticed from watching video reviews is that the pulsing blue light that emits from Anthem's rifles every time they fire is absolutely unbearable. Watching gameplay is actually physically painful.

Yeah! Oh my god I thought it was just me!

I felt like I was getting a headache, or at least feeling uncomfortable with those pulsing lights. I'm not even epiletic (I've been tested for it). That to me is damn crazy.

I know games tend to have warnings nowadays but I have never had a game do that to me, not even those JRPGs or even Wipeout HD's Zone mode.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I was looking back to ME2 reviews on Metacritic. It has 98 in the 360. 97 of them are 9+, with one, weird review with a 75 score. Anthem best review is a 76...

It does put things into perspective.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah! Oh my god I thought it was just me!

I felt like I was getting a headache, or at least feeling uncomfortable with those pulsing lights. I'm not even epiletic (I've been tested for it). That to me is damn crazy.

I know games tend to have warnings nowadays but I have never had a game do that to me, not even those JRPGs or even Wipeout HD's Zone mode.
The only other game I've ever had this problem with was... Mass Effect 1 (I don't remember it ever being a problem for me in ME2, and I didn't play ME3).

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
Anthem is worse than ME Andromeda, for sure. At least Andromeda had an actual story, Anthem just spouts meaningless lore at you without contextualizing it with an actual plot. And I want/expect a good story/plot/characters with a BioWare game. Anthem is the most boring slog of a game ive played in a long while. And I almost want it to fail just on principle but then EA might close the studio and we may never get another shot at another Mass Effect game again. Sigh.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, now i can't unsee that.

I wonder if this is Anthem's attempt of trying to make each shot feel more "impactful", to give it that certain oomph.
Like - in Destiny - gunplay feels satisfying and impactful because shooting enemies' weak spots just looks and feels great. Headshotting 5 Dregs in a row with your handgun just feels fantastic, even the hundredth time you do it.

Having watched a lot of Anthem gameplay and most guns - even when used against 'weak' enemies look like pea-shooters. The enemies barely visibly react to being shot (unless they go down), do they?

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ah crap, I can't un-see it now.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With all the bad press this game is getting and how popular BR has become over the years now, I could eventually see this game getting a mode like that sometime next year in a massive update if they can fix the online problems.
Ok so you think that Bioware would make a BR on a game that wasn't even build with a PvP mode in mind ? A game that runs @ 30fps on consoles with 4 people ? Come on.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
The craziest thing will be if this game flops in terms of sales

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anthem never grabbed me and the load times along with the fact you can't change a loadout in-mission made this game feel more archaic than it should.

The sad thing is that during the betas I never felt I was playing a game that was better than Andromeda. Anthem is kind of different ofcourse, a loot shooter, but feels just as bland and sloppy. I wonder how this will pan out for BioWare.

I guess I stick with Warframe for that loot shooter itch.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Let me sum this up: "Thanks I hate it!"*

*I wanted this game to be good because BioWare was once my favorite dev. I literally cried when EA bought BioWare and you can call me a nerd if you want. Unfortunately, all my fears have been realized.

Hey who gave you an early copy of the script?

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree. But the poster I replied to said it was great at launch, which is just wrong.

It's of course opinion, but I don't think it is wrong at all. No launch is perfect, but The Division had a great launch. It reviewed well and I had a ton of content to play. I really had no complaints.