• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Anthem plays like an evolved Mass Effect to me, combat wise.

Pretty much. The whole primer/detonator system is based off of Dragon Age and Mass Effect anyway.

^ lol, that's just PC players fighting their mouse

Yes. It wasn't too terrible in open spaces, but trying to do sharp turns all the time in more enclosed areas wasn't happening. Underwater was even worse and I had just drag the mouse as slow as possible, orient the camera and then try to keep it centered. I had a controller plugged in as well, so I used that sometimes too for the water, but the gunplay on PC with a controller was awful. Not sure how it might differ on the consoles though.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Same weapons, unique stats and nicknames and iirc different skins.

As a BW employee pointed out on here recently, Destiny being FPS has you looking right at that weapon all the time, whereas Anthem being 3rd person you're looking at your javelin. So you can see how it's more important in Destiny to have fancy weapon designs when in Anthem you'd barely notice it. So I think it's sensible for them to be leaning on cosmetics for the javelin's look, people are going to want to customise that beyond colourways after a while, and hopefully that works out and we see new content for years to come off the back of it.
Thanks for the clarification. Im not a fan of their response, and hopefully there's enough community feedback for them to want to add unique looking weapons along with crazy stats. The Javelin Customization is beyond what I expected, but they don't have to be mutually exclusive when we can have both unique Javelins and Weapons. Hell even adding transmog to the weapons would be better than nothing, especially with all these diablo comparisons.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the clarification. Im not a fan of their response, and hopefully there's enough community feedback for them to want to add unique looking weapons along with crazy stats. The Javelin Customization is beyond what I expected, but they don't have to be mutually exclusive when we can have both unique Javelins and Weapons. Hell even adding transmog to the weapons would be better than nothing, especially with all these diablo comparisons.

Yeah, I think most everyone will agree, and maybe that's at least something to expand on in future, maybe offer those kinds of weapons as reward for some ongoing little side story missions/quests, like Destiny did, maybe something to grind out the full potential of a seemingly-ordinary drop.

Blyr

Oct 27, 2017
I'd personally be down for cosmetic customization for guns as well - there's no PVP, so it doesn't really matter if anyone "knows" what gun you're using at a glance, as long as you're doing your job;

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Yeah if you've added it to your Origin Library and you click on it now, it says the Preload is at 6:00pm UTC on the 13th and Game Available at 10:30pm UTC on the 14th. So we get it a little bit earlier too.

Excellent! I just assumed early access would go live the same time as the demos did. I took the 15th and 18th off from work so this gives me even more time to play...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Masterwork weapon

n6WKrBa.png

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
It's a different weapon. Not every Masterwork weapon has its own unique bonus unfortunately. :(
Hmmm. Would be kinda cool if they all had at least the chance to roll a unique bonus. Why would we craft the wraps that don't?!
I mean, it does look to have soon sort of bonus, just not gold like the other.

I fucking hate you pc'ers, super jelly, i need to can haz :(

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm. Would be kinda cool if they all had at least the chance to roll a unique bonus. Why would we craft the wraps that don't?!

If I remember correctly the Masterwork weapons without unique bonuses have higher base damage or something along those lines.

Not sure if that's still the case, or if I just made it up.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
So why does the second have inscriptions but the first doesn't? Do those get added somehow or are they random/instanced?

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
How does crafting work if you have a masterwork blueprint but the power level is way below your current power? I know you can't reroll stats but can you improve items to bring them to your current level? Is crafting tied to your overall power level? Or do blueprints churn out a specific item level no matter what.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
How does crafting work if you have a masterwork blueprint but the power level is way below your current power? I know you can't reroll stats but can you improve items to bring them to your current level? Is crafting tied to your overall power level? Or do blueprints churn out a specific item level no matter what.

Masterworks are all gained at pilot level 30, and all have the same power rating so right now the only things with more power rating are Legendary tier weapons/gear.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
The first one is a blueprint so it hasn't been crafted yet to gain any inscriptions.
Ok, so it is in the process of rolling hence the bright circle where the power level will be, correct? In that case it looks to have a unique bonus, once the gun is rolled the text *should* be in gold I would think...

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, so it is in the process of rolling hence the bright circle where the power level will be, correct? In that case it looks to have a unique bonus, once the gun is rolled the text *should* be in gold I would think...

No because the unique gold bonus wouldn't be randomly generated, it'd be the same. That gun just doesn't have a unique perk. Here's another example of a weapon without unique perks, this time in the loot screen:

nzEumSf.jpg

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I think you guys are kind of talking past each other just a bit.

Cycle of Pain DOES have a unique perk. It is not in Gold in the picture because it's the blueprint. There's no need for it to be in gold yet. That's the same reason why it doesn't have inscriptions. It's the blueprint, not the actual gun.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I think you guys are kind of talking past each other just a bit.

Cycle of Pain DOES have a unique perk. It is not in Gold in the picture because it's the blueprint. There's no need for it to be in gold yet. That's the same reason why it doesn't have inscriptions. It's the blueprint, not the actual gun.

So what about Savage then?

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
So what about Savage then?

I couldn't say really. I've never seen that weapon or picture before so I have idea what build iteration it could be from. Maybe it doesn't have a unique perk. Maybe it wasn't yet implemented when that picture was made. Maybe it's just a basic gun type that we didn't see in the demo, rather than a Named gun.

But you can see in Cycle of Pain's description that it has a unique perk that suits the gun. "Marksman's Swiftness: Weak point hits temporarily increase weapon rate of fire. Stacks multiple times." The perk is even written in the same format as Renewed Courage's perk. It's just not Gold.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
in the same way Apex Legends makes me want to play TitanFall. So many ppl mentioned Anthem feeling a little like Mass Effect.....so i downloaded Andromeda last nite. I haven't gotten far enough to compare combat. But Anthem def feels like a better version of Andromeda traversal. Feels a lil janky in Andromeda. But i think u can level that up...so maybe its supposed to feel like that at first?

Man Andromeda is kinda choppy and not everything is pretty. But the facial textures are pretty good sometimes. In the Anthem demo the ppl looked so flat

Deleted member 34618

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Are there any interviews or anything that explains why Bioware chose to call the player characters "freelancers" when so far all the in game cut scenes and marketing material describes them as pretty much the polar opposite of what that word suggests.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Are there any interviews or anything that explains why Bioware chose to call the player characters "freelancers" when so far all the in game cut scenes and marketing material describes them as pretty much the polar opposite of what that word suggests.
1njhck.jpg

That's a real good point lol. Although if I had to guess I imagine they're using it in the sense of, the player character isn't a part of any of the factions and doesn't have an official "job" so to speak. They're "free" to do what they want (yet obviously they can really only do two things: upgrade they're stuff, or help out Fort Tarsis).

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Aren't they freelancers, though? They do jobs for multiple different factions and aren't a part of any of them. That's basically the definition of a freelancer.

Deleted member 34618

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Aren't they freelancers, though? They do jobs for multiple different factions and aren't a part of any of them. That's basically the definition of a freelancer.
Yeah it kind of makes sense from a gameplay perspective with faction rep and stuff but the launch trailer and the lore cutscenes we've seen so far treat "Freelancers" as this noble group of chosen warriors who defend civilization with their life which is the polar opposite of an independent mercenary.

Status
Not open for further replies.