• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If they're willing to give Act 1 so soon after the game releases, then it would suggest they're planning to add content somewhat frequently. Act 2 in May, perhaps.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Because they can change. See BFV and combined arms. That says march. But we are getting it next week.

In that case it's great and no complaints will come if it arrives ahead of schedule, but people like to see at the very least some kind of date in terms of month. It doesn't inspire confidence posting a roadmap with a bunch of redacted info.

For example the first update is a month after release, and that's great. Does that mean we can assume the other updates will come every month, every 2 months, every 3 months?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Regarding BF thats with Premium tho.
This is the one from BFV with also free content.

bfv-tides-of-war-roadmap-1920.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

But it has dates and details even of the following updates. This is just vague. Even Apex Legends that just stealth launched has a dated roadmap for the whole year

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see them laying out their plans. This sounds really good, and absolutely necessary. Despite the fact that the game isn't out yet, I already feel three strongholds definitely won't be enough to keep people's attention for long. A fourth already can't come soon enough!

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
Ooooh, exciting. Would've liked dates for acts 2 and 3 but I assume they will start talking about them when act 1 is out. Looking forward to next week as long as they've ironed out a lot of the jankiness from the demo.

Oct 27, 2017
You can't compare Roadmaps to other games as each game is developed by different publishers.

But that's my opinion.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
They also adding leaderboards and guilds in the first month right? Looking good! Also a new stronghold first month after launch is something that I like. Starting to get hyped now for the 22th

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So we have content plans and we have endgame plans. Everything coming together.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Cautiously optimistic about this game. I'm the biggest Bioware fan, and while I like liked Andromeda for what it was, I did feel a little burned from buying it at launch. So I'm probably gonna way at least a little bit before jumping into this, but it does look interesting.

Sounds like it's sort of like a mix between Destiny and the PVE-ness of Diablo 3. Am I correct in assuming that?

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so the 'roadmap' is what's coming next month?

can you even call that a roadmap? o_O

I think it's necessary given the lack of PvP, so players have an idea of what to keep playing for or when to play and such. I'm also used to monthly roadmaps where I work so it doesn't come off as weird to me.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm blind, but there's literally no kind of timeframe presented here, other than it "starts" in march. Nor is there any specifics on what will be in the different parts of this roadmap, other than probably cataclysms being in the last part of act 1, whenever that will be.

Can't really say this does much to change my negative outlook on the game honestly. As I see it is just more stuff presented in a super vague manner that's somehow supposed to get me excited

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cautiously optimistic about this game. I'm the biggest Bioware fan, and while I like liked Andromeda for what it was, I did feel a little burned from buying it at launch. So I'm probably gonna way at least a little bit before jumping into this, but it does look interesting.

Sounds like it's sort of like a mix between Destiny and the PVE-ness of Diablo 3. Am I correct in assuming that?
That seems to be correct. Could be a great mix of the two, without just doing the usual mmo lite raids are the only endgame.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm blind, but there's literally no kind of timeframe presented here, other than it "starts" in march. Nor is there any specifics on what will be in the different parts of this roadmap, other than probably cataclysms being in the last part of act 1, whenever that will be.

Can't really say this does much to change my negative outlook on the game honestly. As I see it is just more stuff presented in a super vague manner that's somehow supposed to get me excited
On the bottom of the image it says what is in Act 1. Guilds, leaderboards, a stronghold, new missions, new events, QoL improvements etc...

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I mean if you look at a Destiny roadmap, even vanilla D2, it lays out updates week by week and often includes dates. What gives me pause here is March could mean Act 1 starts March 28, and each update is weeks apart. To be fair, we don't know but that's why I find this roadmap a little weak in clarity.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Big upgrade to the Collossus. :P

neecbkma28421.png

oooooooooo

I still keep saying this in every anthem thread......this is only one planet and area. We could in theory have air battles against ships, move to other planets and so on in the future. The sky is literally the limit for what they have created and I hope it turns out to be amazing.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
If people missed this vid. This is probably related to what act 3 is gonna be about.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the bottom of the image it says what is in Act 1. Guilds, leaderboards, a stronghold, new missions, new events, QoL improvements etc...

It doesn't if what part of act 1 any of those things are in though. Like, I said, the only thing we can probably expect is that cataclysm are in the last part of act 1, simply because that part is literally called "the cataclysm".

Why not tell us whats in the different parts of act 1?Right now it just amounts to "this stuff is in act 1, not gonna tell you which part though, or even rough timeline of when the different parts are coming out"

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Looking good, hopefully Act 1 is as meaningful as it seems on that screen. Quality of life makes me a bit doubtful as to the state of the game when it launches though, hopefully it refers to Guilds being introduced and not game breaking bugs and technical annoyances, those need to be fixed by launch.

What are Cataclysms? Is that their equivalent of a raid?

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Regarding BF thats with Premium tho.
This is the one from BFV with also free content.

bfv-tides-of-war-roadmap-1920.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

BFV's support has been a trickle of mundane content. BFV would not be a favorable comparison for Anthem. Curious to see how this turns out. Bioware isn't the developer I'd think of for meaningful, worthwhile post release content.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't if what part of act 1 any of those things are in though. Like, I said, the only thing we can probably expect is that cataclysm are in the last part of act 1, simply because that part is literally called "the cataclysm".

Why not tell us whats in the different parts of act 1?Right now it just amounts to "this stuff is in act 1, not gonna tell you which part though, or even rough timeline of when the different parts are coming out"
I assume all of that stuff get's added to the game during march. We'll get more info when the game launched I guess.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
BFV's support has been a trickle of mundane content. BFV would not be a favorable comparison for Anthem. Curious to see how this turns out. Bioware isn't the developer I'd think of for meaningful, worthwhile post release content.
Check the comment i was responding on. The poster was saying BF content i laid out wit 6 months gaps. Just saying that is not the case with BFV.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017

It's just vague as hell all round

LoL I dunno if i've ever seen someone so actively try and dislike a game, in multiple threads, about said game.
It's pretty straightforward man. They are giving out a lot more information than a lot of games ever do before launch. And i think if you're gonna just assume the worst out of the studio 100% of the time your best bet is to abandon ship and check back in with Anthem 3 or 4 months down the line. Your take on most of the new information contributes little to any of these threads and your mind seems to be already made up.

Hope something changes down the road but until it's out and a few months down the line to prove to you that they aren't trying to burn your house down, it seems nothing is gonna scratch the cynical itch you and quite a few others have got here. So maybe quit burning time in a thread about a game you just don't like?

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone else question where the last 6 years of development has gone?

The way this game is shaping up is almost as if Andromeda had turned out great and been worked on by the BioWare veterans and Anthem had been worked on by the new blood in the interim period. It's as though the storytelling and gameplay talent has just vanished.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

The way this game is shaping up is almost as if Andromeda had turned out great and been worked on by the BioWare veterans and Anthem had been worked on by the new blood in the interim period. It's as though the storytelling and gameplay talent has just vanished.
No guess it's just you.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad it's getting a roadmap, but since the demo and alpha did nothing for me, I'm gonna have to wait until I hear good things about its story before committing to a purchase, but if the alpha and demo are any indication of what's to be expected then the bioware I like is probably gone.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018

I don't agree with the storytelling part. The world already has a killer hook with the Anthem of Creation and the Shapers leaving the world unfinished. The convos you can have with NPCs in the demo were good and the main game will have plenty more of them plus entire optional quest chains. And the cutscenes we've seen are great.

The story may not follow normal BioWare conventions but I'm already seeing a lot of promise.

As for gameplay, this is by far the best action combat BioWare has ever produced. Andromeda was a leap above ME3 and DAI, and this is a leap above that.

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018

Man...They told you everything they have planned in the Act 1 march update. Alls you need to know is that all that shit will be available by the end of March. If I were them I wouldn't put exact dates either because you know if they have to delay something by a few days or a week for whatever reason people will lose their god damn minds. Don't know why Bioware has to spill every tiny detail and facet about this game to everyone...some surprises would be nice.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man...They told you everything they have planned in the Act 1 march update. Alls you need to know is that all that shit will be available by the end of March. If I were them I wouldn't put exact dates either because you know if they have to delay something by a few days or a week for whatever reason people will lose their god damn minds. Don't know why Bioware has to spill every tiny detail and facet about this game to everyone...some surprises would be nice.

It doesn't state that all of Act 1 is in March though? Unless the OP is leaving information out there's nothing that confirms what you're saying.

Nor am I saying there should be exact dates, I'm literally saying "rough timeline" in the very post you're quoting.

And you are getting your surprises, like the story campaign, the third stronghold, faction missions, and of course the money store. Plenty of surprises for you.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019

That's not the case, though. Starts in March <>finishes in March.

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
Hmmm, guess my brain just read it as March update meant all updates throughout March. Guess i'm to optimistic haha my bad.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
The dates are w/e to me because I will have so much to play in the first half of the year.
The fact is all of this is free, so I will have a reason to come back continuously for free.