• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

DyvmJ58UUAA-kXR.jpg

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
so whats in the the march update? or that's going to be known when the game launches?

EDIT: nvm. the images loaded.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No confirmed dates for Act 2 or Act 3 leads me to believe it will be influenced by how well the game sells.

That aside, a roadmap is nice for those getting in at launch. It will suck though if they release that beefy update in March, then go silent for months until Act 2.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
is the stuff below act 1 general stuff or is that all happening first month?

the guilds and leaderboards and all that.

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

The position on the bottom corresponds to their position in the Act. I believe the guild/leaderboards would come in the Cataclysm update since they're towards the right side.

Deleted member 27686

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Act 1, but the act itself is divided in 3 updates and starts on March. It doesn't mean that Guilds will come on the first update nor does it mean that the second update will be during March. My guess is that it'll be something like one update per month with new content.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
That's all part of act 1.
The position on the bottom corresponds to their position in the Act. I believe the guild/leaderboards would come in the Cataclysm update since they're towards the right side.
Act 1, but the act itself is divided in 3 updates and starts on March. It doesn't mean that Guilds will come on the first update nor does it mean that the second update will be during March. My guess is that it'll be something like one update per month with new content.
alright thanks. i was just confused but should have realized the way it was laid out. it could have been more clearer lol

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand. Am I missing something here? All of act 1 accounts for a single new stronghold, some new missions and whatever the cataclysm ends up being. That seems really sparse to me. On top of that the graphics hardly seem tp have any information at all and yet folks are acting as if it has assuaged their doubts.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like a good start. I assume they'll give a better look at this stuff and beyond around launch time.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
"We will be continuously supporting Anthem with new content, features, and quality-of-life fixes. Those will be delivered through a series of updates called "Acts", which advance Anthem's storylines through new locations, gameplay features, character interactions, and more. Act 1 begins in March, and will culminate in a Cataclysm – a world-changing, time-limited event that comes with extreme weather, dangerous new enemies, and new mysteries to solve. What will happen in future Acts? We can't wait for you to find out! "

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This is all free btw. Guess most people know that already. But maybe someone doesnt.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
No confirmed dates for Act 2 or Act 3 leads me to believe it will be influenced by how well the game sells.

That aside, a roadmap is nice for those getting in at launch. It will suck though if they release that beefy update in March, then go silent for months until Act 2.
That's not how it works. Act 2 and 3 are already being worked on well beforehand. It's just a matter of them firming up if they'll hit skated milestone dates

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
so the 'roadmap' is what's coming next month?

can you even call that a roadmap? o_O

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever Cataclysm is, i hope it's randomized content, similar to Rifts in Diablo 3 and maps in Path of Exile.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Good to have a road map of plans, but to not have date ranges for everything past March is worrisome. Is this like the road maps for the Battlefront and Battlefield games where it takes more than a year to see the new stuff added? 6 month gaps between releases?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Good to have a road map of plans, but to not have date ranges for everything past March is worrisome. Is this like the road maps for the Battlefront and Battlefield games where it takes more than a year to see the new stuff added? 6 month gaps between releases?
Regarding BF thats with Premium tho.
This is the one from BFV with also free content.

bfv-tides-of-war-roadmap-1920.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's not how it works. Act 2 and 3 are already being worked on well beforehand. It's just a matter of them firming up if they'll hit skated milestone dates

This is the same song and dance we hear with every online service game, the difference is they usually confirm dates like Battlefield did months ahead. I simply don't trust it anymore

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This is the same song and dance we hear with every online service game, the difference is they usually confirm dates like Battlefield did months ahead. I simply don't trust it anymore
Because they can change. See BFV and combined arms. That says march. But we are getting it next week.