• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
I just had a VERY weird Freeplay. Did 4 world events, then went into a cave to do another, but it would vanish when I went in, so popped out and did 2 more world events..but somehow those didn't count? Haha. So I went back to the Fort, and back into Freeplay. And now I'd only done 3/6 world events? Haha. I got all 6 done for my key eventually, but it was very weird.

Also the chests weren't basically just giving me nothing. Like 1 purple, or 1 purple and a blue. Usually would get a few purples at least. Weird weird weird!
There seems to be a bug where only three world events count per freeplay session for a challenge. So if there's a six world events daily you need to do three and three rather than six.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
rewarding players more who haven't played in awhile? Wouldn't surprise me.
I hadn't played at all for 2 weeks, and my 3-4 hours got me a load of MWs but zero legendaries in a variety of GM2 activities and absolutely nothing better than what I already had... maybe the secret retrun-to-the-game-rewards are bugged? ;-) I have played games that do this though, Marvel Puzzle Quest always gives me half decent stuff the first few drops when I ignore it for a while.

I quite enjoyed playing my Storm in freeplay GM2, which had been fairly impossible at times before.Didn't get ripped out of the sky by a few little pops from a grunt, so maybe I was lucky or maybe that's how it is now. Probably a good hour and a half maybe more, working well with the randoms getting stuff done. Was a bit annoyed to come out of there thinking I'd earned a key or done something to earn one, but it said I'd only done 3 of 6 which didn't make sense, so no chance to see what an Elysian chest might have for me, I'd had my fill by then and didn't want to waste more time.

Yeah I guess it tracks Feats, not events themselves. Weird! Haha.
Seems like yet another easy to spot bug that's not passed the simplest of testing checks :/

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Woof, making us all do 6 events today was a little rough. I *like* freeplay but it's the one part of the game that I think needs to be with friends because everyone scatters too much. The rest of the game randoms works great. I just dropped difficulty down to GM1 and crushed through them.

One other complaint: I like the idea of time-limited content. I really do. But they need more content before they start time-limiting stuff like the 4 titans in free play. Time-limiting content when the game is content starved feels like a real bad idea.

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks! Yeah I'm really fond of the black+gold look with the right materials and metals. Here:

img-6899nvjki.jpg

Yeah its probably one of best Javelins I've seen in my opinion. Is it the tertiary hard metal that gives its that diamond like texture on the gold parts, or is that part of the armor set? I like the detail on the torso too, but its probably part of the armor set. Anyways, thanks for sharing.

I hadn't played at all for 2 weeks, and my 3-4 hours got me a load of MWs but zero legendaries in a variety of GM2 activities and absolutely nothing better than what I already had... maybe the secret retrun-to-the-game-rewards are bugged? ;-) I have played games that do this though, Marvel Puzzle Quest always gives me half decent stuff the first few drops when I ignore it for a while.

I quite enjoyed playing my Storm in freeplay GM2, which had been fairly impossible at times before.Didn't get ripped out of the sky by a few little pops from a grunt, so maybe I was lucky or maybe that's how it is now. Probably a good hour and a half maybe more, working well with the randoms getting stuff done. Was a bit annoyed to come out of there thinking I'd earned a key or done something to earn one, but it said I'd only done 3 of 6 which didn't make sense, so no chance to see what an Elysian chest might have for me, I'd had my fill by then and didn't want to waste more time.

Seems like yet another easy to spot bug that's not passed the simplest of testing checks :/

I seem to be having some tracking issues too. I was going out of my way to do the challenges but the meter wasn't registering them. However so far for the Elysian keys all ive had to do is daily contracts, but i haven't been on for two days now.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah its probably one of best Javelins I've seen in my opinion. Is it the tertiary hard metal that gives its that diamond like texture on the gold parts, or is that part of the armor set? I like the detail on the torso too, but its probably part of the armor set. Anyways, thanks for sharing.

I seem to be having some tracking issues too. I was going out of my way to do the challenges but the meter wasn't registering them. However so far for the Elysian keys all ive had to do is daily contracts, but i haven't been on for two days now.

The texture on the gold is part of the armour set. I really wish I had the coin for that set, but my Storm takes all my money!

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah the metallic cross pattern section is part of the Scrapbelly armor set, it comes like that. Still, there's a dragon scale type metallic texture available in the store right now I believe. It looks pretty close, I use it on my Ranger. Looks quite good :)

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopped on to do the six public events in GM2 and got a Legendary from the second one. Papa Pump >:( Hope shotguns are made a little more useful in the future.

dumbo11

Apr 29, 2018
2) this is now the 3rd time i've pointed out the fact you don't know what the fuck you're talking about with loot, probably for the 3rd time you won't acknowledge it because you'd rather whine than face reality. Even if you were right before - which you probably weren't - they fixed the fucking loot bug for fucksake. Crafting materials are in addition to your regular drops. I've had more legendaries post patch than I had in all the weeks playing up until that point, and I am not alone in this thread saying that.

Running HOR, my first chest had 2 purple items and around 5 embers. I don't recall seeing only 2 items in a stronghold chest before the patch, so either I'm very unlucky or the crafting materials are not "in addition to".

More generally, the loot system seems to be a mess of a bugs. My own experiences before/after patch are the polar opposite of yours. Unfortunately no-one has any idea why loot is so massively different between players/sessions.

Thomas

Dec 11, 2017
Sweden
And it´s game over for me, motion sickness after couple hours of play that lasts for 24 hours is wearing me down. Well i got to masterwork ranger. It was fun while it lasted despite bugs and issues.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Running HOR, my first chest had 2 purple items and around 5 embers. I don't recall seeing only 2 items in a stronghold chest before the patch, so either I'm very unlucky or the crafting materials are not "in addition to".

More generally, the loot system seems to be a mess of a bugs. My own experiences before/after patch are the polar opposite of yours. Unfortunately no-one has any idea why loot is so massively different between players/sessions.
Yes we do. RNG. Sometimes you just get shit all, sometimes you'll get 7 MW and 2 legendaries. That's how it is. I run a 90+ luck stat so I probably have more consistent drops than people who don't, but even then I can still have periods where drops are poor.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Did they fix the fact that we can drop WM and Legendaries of a javelin we don't use ?
It still happens because they want people gearing their other Javelins but it's not as bad as it use to be. I pretty much only get MW components for my Ranger, nice and easy.
Pretty sure it hasn't been fixed. it's intentional that you can get drops for other javelins, but I believe there's still a bug where it's more likely than it should be.

dumbo11

Apr 29, 2018
Yes we do. RNG. Sometimes you just get shit all, sometimes you'll get 7 MW and 2 legendaries. That's how it is. I run a 90+ luck stat so I probably have more consistent drops than people who don't, but even then I can still have periods where drops are poor.

It's certainly true that weaknesses in the game make the effects of RNG worse. Notably, if you are above 'all MW' then everything below legendary is essentially junk (in practice even a lot of legendaries will be considered junk by players). Due to a lack of sane crafting/trade, a stronghold is literally "Was it a waste of time?" = "Did no legendaries drop?".

But my own experience is that good loot either drops like candy in an instance or everything in the instance is blue/purple. My suspicion is that there is a bug similar to the health bug which affects luck - although with no stats screen, there is no real way to prove anything.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Is shit fixed yet? How's loot?

This sums up the improvements/fixes, more or less. Though everyone has their agenda.

Every buff/change they've made they screw it somewhere else.

Increased flight? Remove remove rain so it's even shorter than before.

Buff chest drops? Add in embers so it's worse than before.

Fix scaling issue? Make it so shit rolled Legendaries are better than god rolled Masterworks because you need the ult and melee scaling more.

Back to buffing chests? Make it so less free roam chests spawn.

People leaving before the Stronghold boss? Make it to where the Stronghold can't be back filled and don't fix the boss problem.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
It would be so simple to have a vendor like Xur sell one legendary weapon / power / component per week in exchange for currencies you could earn in game (for example Stronhold bosses, incentive to stay to the end).

100% RNG is a bad system, and the solution to this problem was already solved years ago.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sums up the improvements/fixes, more or less. Though everyone has their agenda.

Was this list pulled from reddit or something? Some of this is blown out of proportion.

It was pouring rain all through my playthrough last night.

We don't know that embers have actually impacted the drop rate. The # of items vs embers from a chest is honestly not something I paid attention to prior to the patch, however. Regardless, adding items to a loot pool does not necessarily reduce or "dilute" drop chances uniformly.

Legendaries being better than Masterworks=this is a problem? Not really sure what the complaint is. I'm angry anytime my MW perks are better than a Lego. Plus, it seems like most Legos have 1.5x -ish the stats of a MW in general, so they're always going to be better, to a degree.

I've never enjoyed the chest farming runs in this game and have never felt they are worth my time. World Events and dungeons brought me more items than hunting for chests, plus you're encountering more mobs and legendaries. Still, I can't really comment on this one.

What's the boss problem now? They pushed the server side fix for no MW dropping a day after the patch. Backfill does seem to be a problem.

Sorry, I'm not trying to target you on this stuff, but some of these complaints don't seem very fair. Let's get back to shitting on Elysian Chests!

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Was this list pulled from reddit or something? Some of this is blown out of proportion.

It was pouring rain all through my playthrough last night.

We don't know that embers have actually impacted the drop rate. The # of items vs embers from a chest is honestly not something I paid attention to prior to the patch, however. Regardless, adding items to a loot pool does not necessarily reduce or "dilute" drop chances uniformly.

Legendaries being better than Masterworks=this is a problem? Not really sure what the complaint is. I'm angry anytime my MW perks are better than a Lego. Plus, it seems like most Legos have 1.5x -ish the stats of a MW in general, so they're always going to be better, to a degree.

I've never enjoyed the chest farming runs in this game and have never felt they are worth my time. World Events and dungeons brought me more items than hunting for chests, plus you're encountering more mobs and legendaries. Still, I can't really comment on this one.

What's the boss problem now? They pushed the server side fix for no MW dropping a day after the patch. Backfill does seem to be a problem.

Sorry, I'm not trying to target you on this stuff, but some of these complaints don't seem very fair. Let's get back to shitting on Elysian Chests!
Yeah that complaints list is pretty much bullshit. Increased flight and flight speed is a net gain even if it's raining less. Even the stat scaling part, which I agree is an issue, is exaggerated as melee and ult strength is hardly the be all and end all of most builds, plus as you say most legendaries are going to be better by default just because of the increased stats. We don't know if the embers are reducing amount of loot drops, I'm pretty sure they aren't. Chest spawn in free play was reduced a while ago and is a tedious way to play anyway, but if you want chests you can guarantee yourself some via world events or strongholds.

Also, the amount of times I get quickplayed into the Monitor fight strongly suggests that backfilling isn't a problem. I believe the change was so that if you chose normal stronghold you'd always start at or close to the beginning, but people can still quickplay into any point.

That complaints list is the knee-jerk gamer rage reaction of someone who is so pissed off by the rampant bugs and problems that they refuse to believe it's getting better even when it is.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I really want to love this game but it's doing everything possible to make sure I'm pissed at it. The amount of server crashes and progress killing bugs I've had the past few days is worse than I've ever had playing it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really want to love this game but it's doing everything possible to make sure I'm pissed at it. The amount of server crashes and progress killing bugs I've had the past few days is worse than I've ever had playing it.
That sounds super unlucky. Last few weeks for me have been pretty much issue free. One or two kick backs to menu but nothing major.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got my first Legendary Component. Not bad rolls on it. It's the get shield on melle one. Seems good for Ranger survival.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So, are we getting a stream or more patch info this week? I really need to see more road map of coming content. Finding myself jumping in just to do my "dailies" now.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Well soon after I bitched about all the technical issues I ended up getting my first Masterwork at level 25, Elemental Rage. Dropped at the end of the legendary mission today. Pretty goddamn awesome of an upgrade.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
These two NPC characters are standing next to my javelin preventing me from doing a stronghold or the side missions I want to do. I guess this is the point of no return? If it was the point of no return why cant i fucking get in my javelin?? For some reason bioware removed the "hold triange" to start an expedition?

huhhhh.

EDIT: OH i can matchmake into the launch bay and then start an expedition from there I hope.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Since yesterday, I've been having EA server errors for the first time since the demo weekend. Yesterday, I was occasionally getting booted from the game due to server issues, and right now, I can't even get into the game. I'm playing on PS4. Is anyone else having spotty server connections recently?

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
I need more PS4 friends for my alliance coin.

Add me RaySpencer on PSN. I need my coin!

sent

Since yesterday, I've been having EA server errors for the first time since the demo weekend. Yesterday, I was occasionally getting booted from the game due to server issues, and right now, I can't even get into the game. I'm playing on PS4. Is anyone else having spotty server connections recently?

Also on PS4. Just signed on with no issues and can't recall any connection issues in the past day or two. Before that, the usual pilot data, server offline, connection error, etc.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
I've had 5 legendaries over 5 consecutive strongholds, which is great. But they were all snipers, which is not great.

I got to open 2 Elysian chests today and they both contained nothing but alloy. I know its beaten to death at this point, but the chests continuing to have crafting materials is just... I'm flummoxed. I can't even begin to follow the train of thought that led to that decision, honestly.

Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
Is there a PC group? I'm still trying to get the repair 3 javelin part of the open world challenges. Fun game, but these tomb challenges are total pain in the ass.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I was in a private server by myself soloing a story mission. I paused the game to do something else briefly, and right before I came back, the game booted me out of the server due to inactivity. This led to me having to redo the story mission from the start (I was kicked out in the very last part), and I wasn't able to skip the cutscenes either.

I get that the game is designed as a multiplayer game and so the design decisions were made with this in mind, but this moment today really was a firm reminder that that's what this game is. I think I actually enjoy this game best when playing by myself, but it seems like you'll always be playing by the multiplayer rules.

I admittedly was quite annoyed at first, but I'm accepting it now. Anthem is what it is.

Also on PS4. Just signed on with no issues and can't recall any connection issues in the past day or two. Before that, the usual pilot data, server offline, connection error, etc.

Once I finally got on after a number of attempts, it was smooth. So hopefully it stays that way.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Did the devs say anything about embers taking the place of item drops in chests? It's starting to really bother me at this point. My drops have never been worse.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was in a private server by myself soloing a story mission. I paused the game to do something else briefly, and right before I came back, the game booted me out of the server due to inactivity. This led to me having to redo the story mission from the start (I was kicked out in the very last part), and I wasn't able to skip the cutscenes either.

I get that the game is designed as a multiplayer game and so the design decisions were made with this in mind, but this moment today really was a firm reminder that that's what this game is. I think I actually enjoy this game best when playing by myself, but it seems like you'll always be playing by the multiplayer rules.

I admittedly was quite annoyed at first, but I'm accepting it now. Anthem is what it is..

Honestly, I don't think the MP focus has anything to do with it. That's just incompetence. It kicks you out if you're in the menus for more than a few minutes (which is easily how long it takes when outfitting) in the Launch Bay, the area designed for MP. It thinks you're inactive just because your player model hasn't moved, regardless of your activity in the menu.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't think the MP focus has anything to do with it. That's just incompetence. It kicks you out if you're in the menus for more than a few minutes (which is easily how long it takes when outfitting) in the Launch Bay, the area designed for MP. It thinks you're inactive just because your player model hasn't moved, regardless of your activity in the menu.

Oh, it still does it when you're active in the menus? I was wondering what would have happened had I been reading up on the lore related to my mission, but I assumed it would have recognized that as activity. Well, that's concerning.

The game really has so many small things that cause frustration or concern. For example, I was trying to explore in Freeplay, and I once again lamented the inability to set my own waypoints so I don't have to keep opening the map to make sure I'm headed in the right direction. I get that the game needs to add new content to keep its player population, but I basically wish the entire team could just focus on polish and QOL updates for 3 months. (Which I guess what I'm really saying is that I wish the game had launched in the summer, but that's not exactly a new idea.)

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Legendary Support leaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omfPVWqEDZg

Surging Shield - Shield Pulse (Colossus): Regenerates 50% shields per half-second.
Tarsis's Last Stand - Muster Point (Ranger): In addition to gun damage, all damage is increased by 20% while inside the muster point.
Anthem's Grace - Quickening Field (Storm): Additionally increases gear damage by 20%.
Slayer's Furor - Target Beacon (Interceptor): Marking a target also marks additional enemies near that target.

Pretty underwhelming for Ranger and Storm but the others are kinda cool.
Oh, it still does it when you're active in the menus? I was wondering what would have happened had I been reading up on the lore related to my mission, but I assumed it would have recognized that as activity. Well, that's concerning.

The game really has so many small things that cause frustration or concern. For example, I was trying to explore in Freeplay, and I once again lamented the inability to set my own waypoints so I don't have to keep opening the map to make sure I'm headed in the right direction. I get that the game needs to add new content to keep its player population, but I basically wish the entire team could just focus on polish and QOL updates for 3 months. (Which I guess what I'm really saying is that I wish the game had launched in the summer, but that's not exactly a new idea.)
Yeah, it's a crying shame. The game is still a few months away from feeling "good" overall.