• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a good time going through all the endgame stuff last night Stronghold loot bug aside. Didn't even get a Masterwork for the whole Monitor stronghold. The contracts and legendary missions were great though. Beefed up my speedy boi enough to run GM2 which was really fun and crazy even with shit loot drops. I got a legendary shortly after I got my first Masterwork so it's been a weird endgame progression so far, but I'm definitely not complaining. Still looking for a masterwork support skill to get that last ugly epic off my loadout.
No MWs from chests and bosses in GM2 strongholds is shocking on so many levels i dont even know what to say at this point. Just two weeks ago they increased the drop rates in strongholds on GM2 and GM3. Just three weeks ago, they removed white and green items from the stronghold chests. And what do they do this week? They literally end up inadvertantly reverting those changes by adding embers to the loot pool. It literally defeats the purpose of removing whites and greens that they themselves identified as dilluting the loot pool just a few weeks ago.

A boss on GM2 and GM3 should never drop blues and purples. its insulting. it should be a guaranteed MW drop (which is actually worthless for anyone already speed running GM2 but whatever) with an very high chance for a legendary. like 1 in 2 so at least half of your squad gets a legendary. otherwise whats the point? Why run any hard content in this game? They know this and they promised they would increase the loot drops, but the way they went about doing it is so shockingly stupid i am baffled tbh.

The loot has been THE main complaint about this game since the beginning. People still playing it are obviously into the gameplay so much they are willing to let the bugs slide. And yet, Bioware takes weeks to make minor changes to loot and then ends up making things even worse. time after time. its exhausting. Whats funny is that they have the capability to increase the loot drops with a flip of a button. Twice they have fixed the loot caves within hours. Twice. And yet they made us wait two weeks for this patch to fix strongholds and ended up making it worse. 24 hours later, no hot fix in sight.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've had about the same luck as before. 3 MW in a legendary contract just now, 4 MW in a gm2 Stronghold.

The boss MW bug is just typical Bioware at this point, but at least it's a bug. Overall, the patch is an improvement.

I juuuuust cannot believe the cosmetics situation and their silence on it outside of "making games is hard". Elysian Chests are such a disappointment.

It is working. There's GIFs of people getting legendaries from bosses on Reddit.

Thanks!

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Jumped back in to check out the Elysian chests after a couple weeks not playing. Wasted my time really. Got to the "recording victories" screen and the game froze, once I got back in there was no way to find out what I received. There's nothing new in the forge so I assume it was just a few alloys to dump on my stack of thousands. 😒

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I don't agree with the characterisation of it being one step forward, two steps back. It is most definitely two steps forward, one step back (lol). There's still a long way to go but the game is significantly improved since launch and Reddit is just a circle jerk of toxic negativity at this point. The opinions there are 90% worthless and it would be great if this thread could not go down the same route thanks.

There's still a lot of work to do, and I agree that fundamentally the game requires rethinking in a number of places. But let's be honest about the problems and not go down the Reddit road of relentless whining and gamer rage about every little thing.
I keep coming back to check the game out every major patch and it's more like two steps forward two steps back. For every good thing they fix something else changes or becomes broken. It's like there's a new shitty element to deal with that didn't exist prior to each patch. The devs behind Anthem deserve all the flak they're getting and I still believe they're just piecing things together as they go, trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I wanted to like Anthem from the start, but it's very difficult to defend what's going on here.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
No MWs from chests and bosses in GM2 strongholds is shocking on so many levels i dont even know what to say at this point. Just two weeks ago they increased the drop rates in strongholds on GM2 and GM3. Just three weeks ago, they removed white and green items from the stronghold chests. And what do they do this week? They literally end up inadvertantly reverting those changes by adding embers to the loot pool. It literally defeats the purpose of removing whites and greens that they themselves identified as dilluting the loot pool just a few weeks ago.

A boss on GM2 and GM3 should never drop blues and purples. its insulting. it should be a guaranteed MW drop (which is actually worthless for anyone already speed running GM2 but whatever) with an very high chance for a legendary. like 1 in 2 so at least half of your squad gets a legendary. otherwise whats the point? Why run any hard content in this game? They know this and they promised they would increase the loot drops, but the way they went about doing it is so shockingly stupid i am baffled tbh.

The loot has been THE main complaint about this game since the beginning. People still playing it are obviously into the gameplay so much they are willing to let the bugs slide. And yet, Bioware takes weeks to make minor changes to loot and then ends up making things even worse. time after time. its exhausting. Whats funny is that they have the capability to increase the loot drops with a flip of a button. Twice they have fixed the loot caves within hours. Twice. And yet they made us wait two weeks for this patch to fix strongholds and ended up making it worse. 24 hours later, no hot fix in sight.
For the second time, adding embers to the pool doesn't necessarily dilute the loot pool or reduce the chance of a legendary, bug aside. You don't know how the loot rolls are made. I've run 4 strongholds since patch and got 3 legendaries, including one from boss just now, and tons of MWs, including from boss.

You're making bad assumptions and then throwing a hissy fit off those bad assumptions. Stop it.
I keep coming back to check the game out every major patch and it's more like two steps forward two steps back. For every good thing they fix something else changes or becomes broken. It's like there's a new shitty element to deal with that didn't exist prior to each patch. The devs behind Anthem deserve all the flak they're getting and I still believe they're just piecing things together as they go, trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I wanted to like Anthem from the start, but it's very difficult to defend what's going on here.
No. The loot bug is annoying but literally everything else is either an improvement or an addition, even if they're pretty meh like the elysian chests. That's not two steps back considering the forge access from anywhere and loading time removal, snappier menus, the mass buffs, stability and performance improvements, general bug fixes, legendary missions, elysian chests which are meh but still free shit, consumable menu being fixed, and increased chance of legendaries from chests and bosses.

Now if you want to argue that these should have all been in at launch then yeah, I'm right there with you. But it is undeniable that the game is in a better state than launch and is getting better with each patch. This is not the same as actually in a good state mind, but definitely better.

Last edited:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017

That's really not actually fair.

The game is continually improving and has been since launch. There are *absolutely* issues and they should continue to correct them and we should continue to point them out. But two steps forward two steps back implies the game is in the same state as launch which is categorically false. The QoL improvements alone are fantastic.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The game imo is still in the same state of launch in terms of me recommending it to somebody. In which I wouldn't. They absolutely made some great changes. But for all the good they've done, the games still not good enough and I stand by that. It's still fun for me to fly around, shoot and use abilities, but the rest of the game still needs too be figured out. I say this after having about 140 hours of play time. It was good enough for me but like I said, each major patch brings in new issues to address.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
So my overall haul from this morning (all on GM2).

-Legendary Contracts: 6 MWs (one useful), 2 Legendaries (one very useful, one LMG I may use situationally). The legendary component did require me to unequip an MW version with +20 luck, but the armor and shield boost makes me so much less squishy I'll probably just take my chances with it.

-Legendary Mission: 7 MWs (one useful). That was hard with randoms and took a long time (wish I'd timed it). Lot of drops, but will take some people working out the drops per hour/minute or whatever to see if it's good for farming vs. free play etc. or just doing for fun/challenge while hoping for drops along the way.

-Stronghold (Tyrant Mine): 2 MWs (none from boss, hope they fix that soon). 2 Elysian Chests (one my key, one rando's)=ranger parts and a vinyl. Strongholds are really only worth running once with your key a day until they fix the issues with embers in the chests and the bosses not dropping the guaranteed MW. Had to do the log out and back in thing to get the vinyl to show up in the forge. Hope they fix that soon too.

So in total 15 MWs, 2 legendaries with two MWs being worth equipping and one legendary worth equipping (though it cost me 20 luck). Not a bad drop rate for 2.5 hours or so. They just need to make it so you're consistently getting legendaries at that clip IMO.

This isn't entirely true - game has been improved a fair bit. But yeah, if you're in no rush then waiting for another patch or three would probably be a good idea. I'll die on the hill that Anthem is steadily getting better and is still a lot of fun to play, but that's not the same as saying it's actually in a good state.

Yeah, that's a great way to some it up. I'm still having a lot of fun with it as I like the combat and flying around so much. It's slowly getting better with the patches (the buffs in this one are great, as is the forge and vault QoL changes, and the Elysian Chests give something else to chase), but I've told some people to hold off a while. You really have to be a fan of the Mass Effect-ish combat to really enjoy the end game currently with the loot not being great and there really being no reason to keep grinding it beyond liking to see numbers go up and get a "perfect" build. I've already done everything but strongholds and the new legendary missions on GM3 so there's not a content/gameplay reason to keep playing if I weren't just having fun with the gameplay.

Congrats! Though this post also nicely encapsulates why luck is a bad stat that should be removed and baseline drop rates boosted to compensate - someone using inferior gear for better drops, something I also do so I can maintain a +90 and maxed luck stat. My legendary drop rate is pretty steady so it appears to benefit, but I'd rather not have to do it.

Yep, the luck stat gets in the way of the "perfect" build thing that's the main incentive to keep grinding currently. They should just up the drop rate to perfect luck for everyone and get rid of the luck stat (randomly re-roll it into a new inscription on existing gear in people's inventory.

There's no reason to be so sting with MW and especially legendary drops given this is a game with a fairly limited loot pool and is all about getting better stat rolls on gear you have many duplicates of--rather than something like Destiny where chasing rare exotic gear and weapons is a big part of the grind.

Last edited:

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
The game imo is still in the same state of launch in terms of me recommending it to somebody. In which I wouldn't. They absolutely made some great changes. But for all the good they've done, the games still not good enough and I stand by that. It's still fun for me to fly around, shoot and use abilities, but the rest of the game still needs too be figured out. I say this after having about 140 hours of play time. It was good enough for me but like I said, each major patch brings in new issues to address.
Sure, I'm not going to argue with that. It hasn't improved enough for me to recommend it either, at least not at full price. That's not what you said before though, kind of moving the goalposts a bit.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Sure, I'm not going to argue with that. It hasn't improved enough for me to recommend it either, at least not at full price. That's not what you said before though, kind of moving the goalposts a bit.
There's no goal post moving. I think you're just taking the games criticisms far too harshly which is why I responded to your post to begin with. You don't want this forum to be like Reddit (understandable) in that everyone's just complaining about the game. I firmly believe people should be allowed to express their concerns. Certain people who work on anthem read these posts and they need to see what their player base really thinks. We shouldn't sugar coat anything for their sake. There are very valid criticisms pointed out on every page of this anthem ot. It's important to get the word out so they can figure it all out and make the improvements needed. Is every little complaint constructive criticism? No of course not. But there's enough valid discussion that it's all for the greater good.

Last edited:

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
There's no goal post moving. I think you're just taking the games criticisms far too harshly which is why I responded to your post to begin with. You don't want this forum to be like Reddit (understandable) in that everyone's just complaining about the game. I firmly believe people should be allowed to express their concerns. Certain people who work on anthem read these posts and they need to see what their player base really thinks. We shouldn't sugar coat anything for their sake. There are very valid criticisms pointed out on every page of this anthem ot. It's important to get the word out so they can figure it all out and make the improvements needed.

The Devs were pretty active on the subReddit before it got super toxic, and still post the patch notes there, respond to some comments about bugs after each patch etc. So they're definitely getting the feedback from players.

I don't think everyone in this OT needs to be loving the game. But I'm with Zastava that I don't want it to become anything like the toxic cesspool of negativity that subReddit is. The ONE, sole redeeming quality of Era that keeps me around is that the game OTs here are usually full of people mostly playing and enjoying the game at hand, with a lot of the negativity being in threads around issues in the game, the review thread etc. I'd like to see it stay that way. And so far it has. People, myself included, are civilly posting about their experiences with the game and pointing out both what they're enjoying and what they aren't.

The toxic people have mostly stayed out after the first couple of week and just come into separate threads when ones where made about issues with the level 1 weapon, or equipping one legendary only got their own threads. And that's the way it should be IMO. When major negatives arise, threads should be made to call attention to them on the front page of Gaming--and that also keeps this OT in Hangouts from getting tons of shitposts and leaves it for those of us still playing and mostly enjoying the game to casually and civilly chat about it.

I hope Era stays this way with the OTs being generally positive, casual chats after the first couple of weeks--even for divisive games like this. If that changes, and they end up toxic like game-specific subReddits for divisive games I'd just be completely done with online gaming communties as the OTs here are the last bastion for me.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The Devs were pretty active on the subReddit before it got super toxic, and still post the patch notes there, respond to some comments about bugs after each patch etc. So they're definitely getting the feedback from players.

I don't think everyone in this OT needs to be loving the game. But I'm with Zastava that I don't want it to become anything like the toxic cesspool of negativity that subReddit is. The ONE, sole redeeming quality of Era that keeps me around is that the game OTs here are usually full of people mostly playing and enjoying the game at hand, with a lot of the negativity being in threads around issues in the game, the review thread etc. I'd like to see it stay that way. And so far it has. People, myself included, are civilly posting about their experiences with the game and pointing out both what they're enjoying and what they aren't.

The toxic people have mostly stayed out after the first couple of week and just come into separate threads when ones where made about issues with the level 1 weapon, or equipping one legendary only got their own threads. And that's the way it should be IMO. When major negatives arise, threads should be made to call attention to them on the front page of Gaming--and that also keeps this OT in Hangouts from getting tons of shitposts and leaves it for those of us still playing and mostly enjoying the game to casually and civilly chat about it.

I hope Era stays this way with the OTs being generally positive, casual chats after the first couple of weeks--even for divisive games like this. If that changes, and they end up toxic like game-specific subReddits for divisive games I'd just be completely done with online gaming communties as the OTs here are the last bastion for me.
I absolutely feel you on all that. Era is the only forum I actively post on anymore since the discourse here is generally worth while.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
That works if loot has static rolls. As is, the chance of your legendary being good is too small to warrant low drop rates.

Yep. Plus the loot pool is very limited on top of that. As I said earlier, it's not like Destiny where there's tons of loot, lots of hard to get, unique exotics etc. If the main draw of the game is getting duplicate loot hoping for "god rolls" then the game should be raining loot at a much higher clip than this since 95% of what you get is worse than what you already have once you've been playing a while.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
There's no goal post moving. I think you're just taking the games criticisms far too harshly which is why I responded to your post to begin with. You don't want this forum to be like Reddit (understandable) in that everyone's just complaining about the game. I firmly believe people should be allowed to express their concerns. Certain people who work on anthem read these posts and they need to see what their player base really thinks. We shouldn't sugar coat anything for their sake. There are very valid criticisms pointed out on every page of this anthem ot. It's important to get the word out so they can figure it all out and make the improvements needed. Is every little complaint constructive criticism? No of course not. But there's enough valid discussion that it's all for the greater good.
This is not true. I have consistently expressed concerns about the game and have no problem with people doing so. Nor do I attempt to sugarcoat things - feel free to check my posts in this thread, I've been very critical at times. Here's me from the last page:
Just ran a stronghold on GM2. Got 4 MW, and 4 Elysian chests because we all had keys. 3 of the chests gave me crafting materials, got 1 vinyl. Apparently I've got 158 chests left to unlock. Fuck me. They have really, really fucked the elysian chests up. People were already pissed at the lack of armour. They'd previously indicated there would be 100 chests, the vast majority of which were vanity with a few crafting mats to pad the numbers up to a round 100. Now it appears to be 67 vanity items with 95 crafting mats on top to really dilute the pool.

What the actual fuck. Rest of the patch is fantastic. Real nice buffs, quality of life upgrades, bug fixes. And the story once again is going to be how they utterly fucked something up. What are they doing.
What I take issue with is when people pretend the game is as bad or worse than launch, ignoring the many improvements or equating them to relatively minor bugs, or freak out without cause like some people have in a way reminiscent of reddit. You absolutely moved the goalposts, from this post saying that every positive is matched by a negative:
I keep coming back to check the game out every major patch and it's more like two steps forward two steps back. For every good thing they fix something else changes or becomes broken.

To this post saying it still had a lot of issues and you still wouldn't recommend it:
The game imo is still in the same state of launch in terms of me recommending it to somebody. In which I wouldn't. They absolutely made some great changes. But for all the good they've done, the games still not good enough and I stand by that.

These are not the same statements at all and frankly i'm amazed you're trying to pretend they are.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This is not true. I have consistently expressed concerns about the game and have no problem with people doing so. Nor do I attempt to sugarcoat things - feel free to check my posts in this thread, I've been very critical at times. Here's me from the last page:

What I take issue with is when people pretend the game is as bad or worse than launch, ignoring the many improvements or equating them to relatively minor bugs, or freak out without cause like some people have in a way reminiscent of reddit. You absolutely moved the goalposts, from this post saying that every positive is matched by a negative:

To this post saying it still had a lot of issues and you still wouldn't recommend it:

These are not the same statements at all and frankly i'm amazed you're trying to pretend they are.
I'm amazed you think my two posts are drastically different from one another. In both posts I'm literally saying the same thing, that for every good change there's something else that comes up causing Anthem to remain stagnant in my opinion of it.

Last edited:

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
I'm amazed you think my two posts are drastically different from one another. In both posts I'm literally saying the same thing, that for every good change there's a bad one.
Patch is 85% great stuff, improvements, fixes, buffs etc, 10% damp squib (elysian chests), 5% bugs. Sure, these are equal.

Also if you think "they absolutely made some great changes. But for all the good they've done, the games still not good enough" means the same thing as "for every good change there's a bad one" then I... well I literally can't come up with a nice way of finishing this sentence. Words have meanings you know.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I'm amazed you think my two posts are drastically different from one another. In both posts I'm literally saying the same thing, that for every good change there's a bad one.

I think that's what he's disagreeing with. And I'd agree as I think it is improving. It's more a few steps forward, and one step back with patches IMO. Two forward and two back would mean no improvement. And that's just not true IMO.

Like with this patch I see three big improvements—the buffs, Elysian chests being something else to chase, and daily heroic mission giving something else to do that seems to drop a lot of decent loot (got 7 MWs today). And some smaller ones like the forge and vault improvements, failed revive attempts not resetting you respawn timer etc.

The one big step back is loot in strongholds getting broken with the embers in chests and bosses not dropping the guaranteed MW. Some are annoyed by others picking up loot for you, but I like that. As a storm I'm hovering high most times and it's nice to have those in the ground grabbing the loot for me and not have as much to land and grab after fights. I like getting all loot those as I don't mind dismantling blues and purples for mats as those could be needed after later updates.

So for me this patch was a big improvement overall, with one major bug introduced with the stronghold loot which is hopefully something they can fix server side rather than having to wait until the next patch is ready and through certification.

In any case, this is getting a bit off topic and into semantics about how we're expressing opinions on the rate of improvement. I think we can all agree it's slowly getting better (though we probably disagree in how much and how fast), but it's still not in a great place and not worth recommending at this point. Mainly because diehard fans of the Mass Effect-isn combat (hte main reason to play currently IMO) like me probably already own it. The end game needs a lot of work before it's worth recommend to fans if looter shooters more generally.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Patch is 85% great stuff, improvements, fixes, buffs etc, 10% damp squib (elysian chests), 5% bugs. Sure, these are equal.

Also if you think "they absolutely made some great changes. But for all the good they've done, the games still not good enough" means the same thing as "for every good change there's a bad one" then I... well I literally can't come up with a nice way of finishing this sentence. Words have meanings you know.
I edited my post to portray my thoughts on it to be more exact since you're taking this to personally or something. I'm sorry if I'm too harsh on the game.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I think that's what he's disagreeing with. And I'd agree as I think it is improving. It's more a few steps forward, and one step back with patches IMO. Two forward and two back would mean no improvement. And that's just not true IMO.

Like with this patch I see three big improvements—the buffs, Elysian chests being something else to chase, and daily heroic mission giving something else to do that seems to drop a lot of decent loot (got 7 MWs today). And some smaller ones like the forge and vault improvements, failed revive attempts not resetting you respawn timer etc.

The one big step back is loot in strongholds getting broken with the embers in chests and bosses not dropping the guaranteed MW. Some are annoyed by others picking up loot for you, but I like that. As a storm I'm hovering high most times and it's nice to have those in the ground grabbing the loot for me and not have as much to land and grab after fights. I like getting all loot those as I don't mind dismantling blues and purples for mats as those could be needed after later updates.

So for me this patch was a big improvement overall, with one major bug introduced with the stronghold loot which is hopefully something they can fix server side rather than having to wait until the next patch is ready and through certification.

In any case, this is getting a bit off topic and into semantics about how we're expressing opinions on the rate of improvement. I think we can all agree it's slowly getting better (though we probably disagree in how much and how fast), but it's still not in a great place and not worth recommending at this point. Mainly because diehard fans of the Mass Effect-isn combat (hte main reason to play currently IMO) like me probably already own it. The end game needs a lot of work before it's worth recommend to fans if looter shooters more generally.
Agreed. Back to the game at hand.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I dropped out of all discussion about the game around launch. It was mostly people raging about bugs I had never experienced, so there wasn't much worthwhile to engage with anyway. Only in the past week or so have I been posting here. The subreddit is so hyperbolic and polarized it's not a good place for anyone to discuss things much less the developers. They did well on the last livestream, and the patches and design changes are coming quickly. I can't really complain when I'm enjoying the game with so few issues.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Finally. Finally a legendary drops from the first chest in gm2 stronghold.

And it's a component for a different javalin I never use.

My disappointment is legendary.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like with this patch I see three big improvements—the buffs, Elysian chests being something else to chase, and daily heroic mission giving something else to do that seems to drop a lot of decent loot (got 7 MWs today).
But once you hit a certain point, MWs are useless. We are literally a month in. I would say most if not all hardcore players are already MW chasing Legendaries. The biggest complaint from the community since week 2 has been the drop rate of legendaries. MW's wont do you any good in GM3. Ive been stuck for over two weeks on the same gear score because legendaries dont drop and when they do, they are duplicates or for other classes.

And the ember change effects ALL chests, not just strongholds, including freeplay which used to be the best source of legendary drops.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think they made a mistake by making the level cap so low. Of course people who have burnt the content quick anyway but they they should have had some MW items spread out at lower levels and then start to have interesting legendaries etc once you hit 50 or so. Diablo style of loot across all levels, is better than the level cap loot drop chase.

Not had chance to try the new patch but the notes sound really good. But Bioware, come on, we need more content!

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
But once you hit a certain point, MWs are useless. We are literally a month in. I would say most if not all hardcore players are already MW chasing Legendaries. The biggest complaint from the community since week 2 has been the drop rate of legendaries. MW's wont do you any good in GM3. Ive been stuck for over two weeks on the same gear score because legendaries dont drop and when they do, they are duplicates or for other classes.

And the ember change effects ALL chests, not just strongholds, including freeplay which used to be the best source of legendary drops.

Oh I agree. As I said in another post, legendaries should drop a lot more often than they have for me (just got my 3rd and 4th today--from one legendary contract--and I've played since launch). There's no reason to be so stingy with loot when it's a limited pool and people want to get lots of duplicates to try and find "god rolls."

That said, I don't mind getting a lot of MWs. Probably one of every 10 or so has better rolls than the one I had equipped. I'm hoping for some more +luck gear at the moment. Especially since I swapped out a +20 luck component for one of the legendaries I got this morning (can't turn down that huge boost in armor and shield it gives as my storm was still a little squishy on GM2 and very squishy on GM3).

But in all, I agree. The reason to play the game now is if you're still having fun with the combat and sorting through loot rolls and tinkering with your build at a slow rate. For people that play these games mostly for getting a lot of loot and optimizing builds constantly, it's a no go as legendary drop rates are still pretty low by most accounts. Well the other reason is to level up other classes if you care to and haven't already. The MW drops are still useful there (my other three Javelin are all in the mid to high 500s so I could start working on them in GM1 and getting them up to being GM2-3 ready).

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I just found that there's a newer subReddit for this game that's meant to be more positive/civil and for people mostly enjoying the game. It has 6.9k subscribers and seems pretty active and much better than the toxic cesspool that's the main Sub despite its 198k subscribers. Devs are posting there too (patch note thread etc.).

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumAnthem/

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they made a mistake by making the level cap so low. Of course people who have burnt the content quick anyway but they they should have had some MW items spread out at lower levels and then start to have interesting legendaries etc once you hit 50 or so. Diablo style of loot across all levels, is better than the level cap loot drop chase.

Not had chance to try the new patch but the notes sound really good. But Bioware, come on, we need more content!
i think they made a huge mistake by making legendaries be more powerful than masterworks. masterworks should have been the end game gear. Legendaries shouldve been treated like exotics in Destiny. They are unique and powerful items that dont give you a massive dps boost like legendaries in Anthem do.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Legendaries shouldve been treated like exotics in Destiny. They are unique and powerful items that dont give you a massive dps boost like legendaries in Anthem do.

Hell, I don't even care that much about the DPS boosts. It's the huge boost legendary components give to shields and armor that make legendaries so important. Survivability is so key, especially as playing as the glass cannon storm and mostly doing crowd control anyway. I don't mind fights being bullet spongey and taking a while if I'm not constantly going down, respawning etc. So I'd be fine if the MWs and Legendaries had the same shield/armor boost and the benefit of legendaries was just DPS and other perks to clear fights faster.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell, I don't even care that much about the DPS boosts. It's the huge boost legendary components give to shields and armor that make legendaries so important. Survivability is so key, especially as playing as the glass cannon storm and mostly doing crowd control anyway. I don't mind fights being bullet spongey and taking a while if I'm not constantly going down, respawning etc. So I'd be fine if the MWs and Legendaries had the same shield/armor boost and the benefit of legendaries was just DPS and other perks to clear fights faster.
are you storm? i do shit damage with my abilities on GM3. if I dont have a good team of high level Collossus and Interceptors detonating all my combos, i struggle to kill enemies on my own at level 742.

GM3 freeplay is much better but strongholds, contracts and even the new legendary mission is a struggle. yesterday, got into three different groups. two of them had high level players who destroyed every enemy i primed within seconds. the last one had a bunch of 690s and low 700s who just werent able to kill any enemies. took us 45 minutes to clear the legendary mission because i was the highest level player dealing the worst damage.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
are you storm? i do shit damage with my abilities on GM3. if I dont have a good team of high level Collossus and Interceptors detonating all my combos, i struggle to kill enemies on my own at level 742.

GM3 freeplay is much better but strongholds, contracts and even the new legendary mission is a struggle. yesterday, got into three different groups. two of them had high level players who destroyed every enemy i primed within seconds. the last one had a bunch of 690s and low 700s who just werent able to kill any enemies. took us 45 minutes to clear the legendary mission because i was the highest level player dealing the worst damage.

Yep. My buddy and I don't fuck with GM3 other than free play. That's pretty easy and his ranger combos well off my storm freezing shit (and we have ok luck with getting paired with a good colossus/interceptor too). The other stuff just isn't worth doing on GM3 right now as it just takes too long with our current gear and doesn't drop enough extra loot to be worth it vs. just running the contracts and strongholds on GM2. Freeplay has been our best bet for loot--he's gotten a bunch of legendaries om GM2/3. I've had shit luck, but still got my first two from doing that--second 2 today came on the same legendary contract.

Like I said, I mostly focus on crowd control. Just freeze mobs with Winter's Storm, do a little damage detonating with Ten Thousand Suns (have one with +35 luck) and mostly let my buddy and the randos do the DPS. I'm only in the high 600s on my storm though, and usually around 660 if I'm farming since i want some luck gear/weapons on rather than all my legendaries. So that's a big reason I don't bother with a DPS build for GM2/3 right now. My buddy's Ranger is low 700s in luck build and mid 700s with best gear.

The biggest and simplest thing they could do to help is just put in some weekly challenge that guarantees a legendary. That would at least give something to work toward while hoping for other legendary drops while doing it. Destiny 2 got that right with all the daily and weekly stuff that give guaranteed powerful rewards, with the best loot still in the toughest content (which this game lacks with nothing like nightfalls or raids currently).

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Jumping in and I only just noticed these random objects in Tarsis. That Xagularskulls is weird. I wonder if this is hinting at possible enemies?

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I just found that there's a newer subReddit for this game that's meant to be more positive/civil and for people mostly enjoying the game. It has 6.9k subscribers and seems pretty active and much better than the toxic cesspool that's the main Sub despite its 198k subscribers. Devs are posting there too (patch note thread etc.).

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumAnthem/

The normal anthem subreddit has so quickly been turned from a useful place to get dev feedback on issues and features to a cesspool of memes and angry posts where the devs won't even bother to visit it anymore. I went from checking it a couple of times a day to not even bothering as there isn't anything useful to see anymore.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ranger buffs seem good. Doing some nice damage now. Also got one of the new MW drops to add acid damage.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
The normal anthem subreddit has so quickly been turned from a useful place to get dev feedback on issues and features to a cesspool of memes and angry posts where the devs won't even bother to visit it anymore. I went from checking it a couple of times a day to not even bothering as there isn't anything useful to see anymore.

Yep, I gave up on it around the prior patch. It's a waste land. That Low Sodium one seems pretty good though as the mods get rid of trolls and overly negative people and the devs are still posting patch note threads in it (and the original one). They aren't interacting as much and mostly seem to be using Twitter for giving details on what they're working on.

But yeah, the main subReddits for any divisive game quickly get toxic as fuck. The Destiny one was awful from like two weeks after Destiny 2 was out pretty much until Foresaken came out (wasn't on Reddit for Destiny 1). I mean I get this game (and vanilla D2) had a lot of issues. But there's not excuse to be so toxic and hateful toward devs. Especially when it's mostly a bunch of hardcore gamers that put 100+ hours into the games before getting bored and salty. That's already pretty good value for the $60 given how most AAA $60 games are 10-40 hours outside of PVP modes.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018

Nice on the strong hold loot fixed. Now to see if it's just the masterwork after the boss again, or if the chests are back to normal (or I just had bad luck with no MWs or legendaries from them post patch and embers being in them).

As I said before, I kind of liked having others grab my loot for me. As a hovering storm it saved me having to land and grab it myself as much. I don't avoid blues/purples as I figure the mats from dismantling could be useful down the road.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Nice on the strong hold loot fixed. Now to see if it's just the masterwork after the boss again, or if the chests are back to normal (or I just had bad luck with no MWs or legendaries from them post patch and embers being in them).

As I said before, I kind of liked having others grab my loot for me. As a hovering storm it saved me having to land and grab it myself as much. I don't avoid blues/purples as I figure the mats from dismantling could be useful down the road.
Yeah I didn't mind it all, I grab them all for the same reason. Endless consumables, small chance they might be useful for something else at some point.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
just looking at the first page of posts on reddit... Ouch this game has been a disaster.... very unrefined and unpolished.... There needs to be some kind of really good apology compensation for recompense for this disaster.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
I have been listening to the OST a lot lately and man... to me this is some Martin O'Donnell level music for this game. It's a shame that stuff like that is buried because of the endgame issues the game is having. Really hope Bioware can pull the game out of the slump.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fixing those loot bugs quickly is pretty critical, good on them.

Overall, yeah, I think this is a great patch...but it's hard to stay motivated with the Elysian Chest letdown and no real roadmap or idea of what cosmetics have to offer. It's dumbfounding.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Fixing those loot bugs quickly is pretty critical, good on them.

Overall, yeah, I think this is a great patch...but it's hard to stay motivated with the Elysian Chest letdown and no real roadmap or idea of what cosmetics have to offer. It's dumbfounding.

Best pat about those chests is that they contain 160 items while only giving you 40 keys and 40 days to get said items. And apparently 20 storm parts and 30 storm parts are NOT considered duplicates by BW.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Best pat about those chests is that they contain 160 items while only giving you 40 keys and 40 days to get said items. And apparently 20 storm parts and 30 storm parts are NOT considered duplicates by BW.

Yeah the parts chests are lame. Key wise, the two times I've ran it one random had a key too. I'll usually wait and do them with my friend I play with so that's at least two a day guaranteed. I don't care if I miss on some, it's more just another goal to chase while hoping for decent loot drops from the strongholds. I don't mess much with cosmetics and it would take a hell of a cool vinyl to get to to switch from the N7 one.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I have been listening to the OST a lot lately and man... to me this is some Martin O'Donnell level music for this game. It's a shame that stuff like that is buried because of the endgame issues the game is having. Really hope Bioware can pull the game out of the slump.
The soundtrack is phenomenal. Agreed though that it is a little sad to see a lot of the good in the game overlooked. It feels like no one really compliments how great it all looks, how well put together the cutscenes are, some top tier animation work both in cutscenes & gameplay, the soundtrack, etc. I suppose much of it is subjective but all of that stuff is very well done imo.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
That's just your keys though. I've unlocked 20 chests in 2 days just by running strongholds and randoms are opening chests too, as well as doing one with an Era player.

All of the crafting parts count as a unique roll too, so even if you get more storm parts or whatever it's still taken off the list, though it's still total bullshit that there are so many possible crafting rolls. Honestly even the actual vanity items I've got haven't been very good. One cloth pattern (who cares), one meh victory animation, and a few decals of mediocre to mildly interesting quality. Elysian chests are pretty much trash so far.