• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Someone posted that they'd made a decent amount of cash from MTX... can't remember if it was here or another thread.

I haven't seen the need personally - I've bought a load of stuff I like and I still have more than 100k coins.

I think it was that they had made $100 million in digital revenue--which included digital sales of the game itself and any MTX purchases.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was this thread, that also mentions $3.5m from in game transactions.

I could definitely see myself paying real money for items in the game it if continues to improve and they provide something worth spending money on.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The baffling cosmetic situation has been my only problem with the game so far. The shit should just be on the store for us to buy. Pretty much nothing to customize my Interceptor with so far.

Anyway, the jump from level 30-ish Epics straight to 60-75 masterworks and legendaries was pretty cool. Not sure if I just got lucky making that huge jump, but I'm almost to Masterwork Javelin level now just in time for the patch this week.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Anyway, the jump from level 30-ish Epics straight to 60-75 masterworks and legendaries was pretty cool. Not sure if I just got lucky making that huge jump, but I'm almost to Masterwork Javelin level now just in time for the patch this week.
That's one of the many massive flaws with the game. It just chucks stuff at you far too easily at that point, especially now with the way certain classes have been buffed and made the GM difficulties way more accessible. I'd have thought this kind of game would increase the grind and slow progress after hitting 30, instead it just shits it all out far too easily and leaves you maybe wanting a few more legnedaries but not really because when they do drop they're often barely any better or worse than your MW equivalents due to crappy rolls, drop for the wrong class, and generally aren't any fun to obtain 'cause there's nothing interesting to do... certainly nothing varied.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It still takes me 15 minutes most days just to get into the game. And another 15 if it boots me out during a loading screen.
What platform are you on? Just curious because that doesn't seem to be a common occurrence for most people? It'd piss me off too. I go from dashboard to a mission/stronghold no problem on Xbox.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
What platform are you on? Just curious because that doesn't seem to be a common occurrence for most people? It'd piss me off too. I go from dashboard to a mission/stronghold no problem on Xbox.

I have the same sort of log in and disconnect issues, I'm on PS4 Pro. I didnt have these issues on Xbox One X or on PC when I played there though.

I've still put fuck loads of hours into the game no idea how much since PS4 doesn't track shit, and on Anthem it says like 8 hours for my Pilot. Haha. Pretty sure I played more than that on the first day.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the tracking is fucked on PS4. I still have issues (though nowhere near as frequently as before) but I don't generally have any issues getting into the game (that's not to suggest that it's a snappy experience).

Oct 30, 2017

Ps4 Pro. Its pretty typical for me since launch. I managed for most the game because I was enjoying the main story and character interactions, but now its become a strain because I'm trying to jump in a just enjoy the gameplay and getting loot.

On a good day it will boot up after two loops of being returned to the splash screen with errors. Once I get it in, a majority of the time I can play a mission or two before being kicked again. It typically happens at the end of the mission so I never get the loot until the next go around as far as I know. The last few times I've actually played I've been booted each time after the mission. I actually got off just now because I got kicked after a contract. I can't handle it anymore lol.

On a bad day, it can take up to 5 or 7 loops and errors at the main screen before I get in. Plus there's been several occasions now when I try to quickplay a mission or stronghold that I get booted, go back in and get the 95% load screen.

I say 15 minutes for getting in and 15 if booted because this was the worst case scenario and its happen to me a few times. Just the other day It took about 30 minutes to finally start playing. When your limited on time and you think to yourself, hey I can run a quick stronghold, and then your faced with that's, its sucks lol.

I think I've been pretty kind towards this game considering my experience. I like BW games and I enjoyed this one. But the issues that I'm having are making it extremely hard to enjoy post game.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions as to what I can do to get my auto cannon trophy to pop? The only in game weapon challenge I have remaining is for siege breaker, but no AC trophy.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Found this today...
47414282262_25e1cf4854_o.png

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I hadn't played in a few days, still shit luck with loot.

Did the three legendary contracts on GM3, 12 MWs but nothing useful. Tyrant mine on GM2, 3 MWs, one semi-useful. Free roam on GM3 for an hour or so. Six MWs, nothing useful. My buddy got two legendaries at least. Free roam on GM1 on second class and no MWs. Still sitting in only 2 legendaries. Hoping the update tomorrow helps.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Anthem has 421 viewers on Twitch. Bioware needs to do something major pronto.

And double the amount of flight time before overheat.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Damn, Anthem has 421 viewers on Twitch. Bioware needs to do something major pronto.

And double the amount of flight time before overheat.

They're upping time taken to overheat and flight speed both by 20% in today's patch. I think that's sufficient, particularly if you have any of the components or inscriptions which add flight time. My ranger already flies for days.

But hilariously they still don't have the new colossus or interceptor skins in the new store rotation. Reddit super salty about it, they expected it after the ranger and storm ones then we're placated by being told they'd be coming with today's patch. Bioware just can't stop fucking up when it comes to armour.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
When will patch notes go live? It sounds like this update has a LOT riding on it. I want them to succeed and to drag me back in, but my hype is very regulated right now.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Huh, I usually get about a legendary a day, since they buffed the drop rates for GM2&3. 90% luck.

Could be luck. I'm at 55% with my GM2 storm build. 20% GM3 build (35% luck piece hurts my survivability on 3 too much and I only have 2 MW pieces with luck currently).

I'll probably work more on getting my colossus up to GM2 level as I'm just tired of the glass cannon storm at this point. Seems like the worst class for playing mostly with randos (or my buddy and two randos) as they're off doing their own thing in free play most of the time or just suck at taking advantage of my CC with combos in contracts and strongholds

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're upping time taken to overheat and flight speed both by 20% in today's patch. I think that's sufficient, particularly if you have any of the components or inscriptions which add flight time. My ranger already flies for days.

But hilariously they still don't have the new colossus or interceptor skins in the new store rotation. Reddit super salty about it, they expected it after the ranger and storm ones then we're placated by being told they'd be coming with today's patch. Bioware just can't stop fucking up when it comes to armour.

Flying is a fundamental part of the game - it needs to be DOUBLED at least.

Not that I disagree, but isn't the game down for maintenance now?

Well, some are still playing but yes, maintenance is today.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Grand Opening:

• Was: Upgraded Seeker Grenade: Splits into seeking submunitions. Ambusher's Fury: Defeating enemies from above grants 75% increased weapon damage for 20 seconds.
    Now: Upgraded Seeker Grenade: Splits into seeking submunitions. Striker's Fury: Hitting enemies grants 60% increased weapon damage for 20 seconds.

Now we're talking.

Lots of good stuff in this patch! New MW components too. Reduced reload time for Colossus heavy weapons, woo!

Did I miss it or is there no mention of MW/legendary support gear being added?
I don't think they said it was coming today, just that they were working on it.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Grand Opening:

• Was: Upgraded Seeker Grenade: Splits into seeking submunitions. Ambusher's Fury: Defeating enemies from above grants 75% increased weapon damage for 20 seconds.
    Now: Upgraded Seeker Grenade: Splits into seeking submunitions. Striker's Fury: Hitting enemies grants 60% increased weapon damage for 20 seconds.

Now we're talking.

I don't think they said it was coming today, just that they were working on it.
👍

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Some of these buffs to components are sexy as fuck. From useless to nice, from patchy to reliable, from decent to fantastic. Love it.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I get that they do not want unlimited flight due to encounter reasons, but if you are not in combat they should buff the available flight time.

I'd love to see them make it unlimited when not in combat. It's boring as hell doing contracts and having the objective be super far away and having to land a few times on the way. The only thing that really needs a timer is hovering during combat. And even that I'm not sure is needed with how many enemies shoot you out of the sky anyway.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see them make it unlimited when not in combat. It's boring as hell doing contracts and having the objective be super far away and having to land a few times on the way. The only thing that really needs a timer is hovering during combat. And even that I'm not sure is needed with how many enemies shoot you out of the sky anyway.
True. I hate those fucking dogs lol.

Well, now that someone at Bioware actually played the ranger, we'll see on the loot front if they learned anything at all. I didn't see any mention of public event appearing for everyone on freeplay's map, is it not coming ?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I think they could do with tightening the radius of the tasks in the contracts - there's WAY too much travel in most of them (and this is compounded by the fact that you'll get sent back to the last check point (after the previous encounter) if for some reason you need to respawn). That would get rid of most of the complaints around flight time I think, in the other activities it's much less of a problem.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
The storm gets boosted shields in air and can hover almost indefinitely... Why can't the other javelins hover as long and just not get the shield boost?

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
The storm gets boosted shields in air and can hover almost indefinitely... Why can't the other javelins hover as long and just not get the shield boost?

I'm guessing there it's that the other classes--and especially Interceptor and Colossus--are designed to be on the ground and up close and personal with enemies. But it's easier to stay alive hovering and shooting things and air dodging. So if all classes could hover as long as Storm, a lot of games would just be boring fights of 4 players hovering around and shooting from above. Especially in loot games where the base is full of people just trying to cheese all combat as quickly as possible to get as much loot to drop as possible with as few wipes/respawns as posisble.

So I don't have much issue with that. I'd just rather not have to worry about the overheating crap when flying around. Kind of ruins the Iron Man sim feel of the game.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
If all classes were able to fly and hover for a really long time it would make all enemy melee and grenade abilities useless. To balance, they'd have to increase the number of ways to get knocked out of the air. That's not an improvement.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reddit reporting exactly what i feared.

Stronghold chests now drop embers which means your legendary and MWs get replaced by embers. good job Bioware.

P.S this is exactly what happened in Destiny 1 raids when they added shards to the loot table. i called it.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Reddit reporting exactly what i feared.

Stronghold chests now drop embers which means your legendary and MWs get replaced by embers. good job Bioware.

P.S this is exactly what happened in Destiny 1 raids when they added shards to the loot table. i called it.

Main thing for me is whether MWs and especially Legendaries drop at least a bit more. I'm fine with shards taking the place of epics as I have zero use for them. There's no bonus worth giving up the armor and shields of MWs/legendaries at my skill level. That said, I have little faith they'll up drop rates for MWs or Legendaries and grinding hoping for those is literally the only reason to play right now. I don't think enough care about getting god rolls and more are like me and just wanting to get at least our main class to Legendary level before walking away until there's new substantive content (story missions, new strong holds etc.0.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
If all classes were able to fly and hover for a really long time it would make all enemy melee and grenade abilities useless. To balance, they'd have to increase the number of ways to get knocked out of the air. That's not an improvement.
You can play a group of all Storms right now. The game mechanics are in place to knock a player down.

I'm just getting at hover and flight are elements that differentiate this game but you practically can't use them due to overheating mechanics

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
You can play a group of all Storms right now. The game mechanics are in place to knock a player down.

I'm just getting at hover and flight are elements that differentiate this game but you practically can't use them due to overheating mechanics
You absolutely can if you use the right components and/or inscriptions.