• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
When they said a javelin got nerfed, I knew they were talking about colossus combo damage. If I'm right, it's not a nerf but a fix.

Colossus melee combo feels fairly OP right now. I can just go around ground stomping everything on GM1. I don't even need to use my guns if I didn't want to. I don't even have all MW gear yet.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
At the end of the day it's fine. But in the moment, when Legendary drops are so few and far between, you see that yellow icon and get super excited about an upgrade and it ends up being something for a class you aren't currently gearing up. It just feels bad in the moment.

Yep. I like getting MWs for other classes. I probably have enough to jump right into GM1 with a couple of them. Will probably check tonight since my buddy can't play.

Legendaries should only drop for the class you're playing though as they're so rare. I've been playing since launch and only have two. No idea how many hours I've played, not the hundreds some have put in, but quite a bit for sure.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's all down to the luck of the draw I guess. I've probably put in about 60-70 hours and have gotten 5 legendaries so far. Just got this an hour ago in fact:

ffabeeb5-0bfe-464c-93dj7l.jpeg

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
It's all down to the luck of the draw I guess. I've probably put in about 60-70 hours and have gotten 5 legendaries so far. Just got this an hour ago in fact:

ffabeeb5-0bfe-464c-93dj7l.jpeg
This is why this system is garbage. You can craft a MW version of this with 150% damage and do more damage than the Legendary equivalent. And too bad, you can't reroll or recraft a Legendary, so once you got shitty stats, it's basically useless.

The fact that there are no minimum high roll on those incredibly rare items is beyond comprehension.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This is why this system is garbage. You can craft a MW version of this with 150% damage and do more damage than the Legendary equivalent. And too bad, you can't reroll or recraft a Legendary, so once you got shitty stats, it's basically useless.

The fact that there are no minimum high roll on those incredibly rare items is beyond comprehension.
150% damage javelin wide though? That's 51% damage not just for that specific weapon at least. And don't legendaries have a higher base damage to start with vs MW versions?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

I'd have that weapon as my secondary just for the +51% javelin-wide damage.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Tried quickplay strongholds on PC at GM1 for the first time. There was one open instance and it was bugged (got in that one twice). Third time I tried, there were no open quickplay strongholds.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Tried quickplay strongholds on PC at GM1 for the first time. There was one open instance and it was bugged (got in that one twice). Third time I tried, there were no open quickplay strongholds.
My experience with this has been almost exclusively to spawn in on the monitor, or to spawn into a broken instance. Hopefully the coming update finally resolves the problem.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finally hit MW Ranger. Starting to get some genuinely interesting weapons and drops to mix things up.

Finally got Last Argument and Rainer's Blaze. Also got Badge of Devastation but I have no idea what adding 3 Ultimate Charges means. Any idea? My ult already seems to charge fast anyway.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, Elysian Chests don't contain armor. Blood in the water on reddit, lol.

I really want to love this game. I'll definitely play again to try the new patch...but I have no faith in the leadership.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I saw a video with the patch coming next week which made me go, uh, maybe I can go back and play now! They fixed a lot of the problems I had!

Then I saw the Elysian Chests tweet and yeah. They don't know what they are doing with this game.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finally got the Argo Mace. Still prefer what I currently have.

So its true there are no MW support items right?

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, Elysian Chests don't contain armor. Blood in the water on reddit, lol.

I really want to love this game. I'll definitely play again to try the new patch...but I have no faith in the leadership.

My favorite part about this whole thing is the chests were a response to people asking for cosmetic armor drops in game. They said they would announce something soon, then announced the chests on a stream as a way of getting armor. Now suddenly it's oops my bad no armor LOL

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
My favorite part about this whole thing is the chests were a response to people asking for cosmetic armor drops in game. They said they would announce something soon, then announced the chests on a stream as a way of getting armor. Now suddenly it's oops my bad no armor LOL
I greatly look forward to the postmortem report on this game and it's development.

There are just so many questions that demand answers. Over a month after purchase, I am still waiting for the green light to play simply because I am waiting for a fix for the big bugs. If I was still waiting this time in April, nobody would be surprised.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not surprised about the chests. They want that mtx money.

Also, I just tried GM2 and got completely shredded. I was hardly doing any damage and my Colossus was like tissue paper. Good to know the javelin level doesn't mean shit lol.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not surprised about the chests. They want that mtx money.

Also, I just tried GM2 and got completely shredded. I was hardly doing any damage and my Colossus was like tissue paper. Good to know the javelin level doesn't mean shit lol.
What level are you? I'm doing pretty good damage now as Colossus on GM2 after getting a couple more legendaries.

Oct 28, 2017
Just run GM1 a little more until you get more legendaries. Honestly I'd only recommend GM2 once you hit MW.

Are you crafting consumables before every run too? Those help.

That's going to have to be the plan I guess. And yep I'm crafting every time. But I usually just run an armor, shield and gear consumable.

I just wish it actually said be masterwork class and not just power level 575. Seems a bit disingenuous.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
[

That didn't happen. I watched that stream. They said "emotes, vinyls, and crafting materials". People jumped to the conclusion that those weren't the only items in those chests. Then recently big mouth Ben said on twitter as a response to "when new armor pls?", "wait for those fancy Elysian chests."

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
What the actual fuck? No armour in elysian chests? Just one self-own after another Bioware. That decision is dumb as fuck and they're going to kill whatever community they have left. Lack of armour pieces is one of the biggest complaints, particularly since customisation was advertised as a big part of the game. Hell, even one armour set for each class would have softened the blow, two or three would have kept people happy, even if the vast majority of the chest contents was emotes, vinyls and textures. None? Fuck off Bioware. Just another fucking nail in the coffin.

Honestly they make it so hard to like this game sometimes. Fucking brain-dead decision. Genuinely fucked off.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
[

That didn't happen. I watched that stream. They said "emotes, vinyls, and crafting materials". People jumped to the conclusion that those weren't the only items in those chests. Then recently big mouth Ben said on twitter as a response to "when new armor pls?", "wait for those fancy Elysian chests."

The stream a few weeks ago? Not the stream from last week.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
They really need to overhaul the whole item system and stats. The bonuses are so confusing

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both streams had them naming only emotes, vinyls, and crafting materials IIRC.
Even if this is true, it's almost insulting for them to release this cosmetic "feature" for shit people don't want. No one is clamoring for what the chests are offering. There's no way they can claim ignorance for that and they've had weeks to clarify and specify what the chests offer. I don't think it's a coincidence they've been sheepish about clarifying until the week before release. They know it's a shitty look.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Even if this is true, it's almost insulting for them to release this cosmetic "feature" for shit people don't want. No one is clamoring for what the chests are offering. There's no way they can claim ignorance for that and they've had weeks to clarify and specify what the chests offer. I don't think it's a coincidence they've been sheepish about clarifying until the week before release. They know it's a shitty look.

I won't go out of my way to get these chests, but I think the emotes are decent.

I'm convinced they don't have very many armor sets built out yet. I bet they are time consuming to design, build and test for each javelin type and they underestimated how much people would want new armor sets (maybe thinking the color and material customizations would be enough?).

Oct 30, 2017
That sucks about the armour stuff. I've actually been off the game now for a bit. Tried booting it up the other day and it took me 30 min to finally play. Had issues with the initial start up rebooting several times, then tried to load into quickplay stronghold, got booted, went back in and got 95% load bug, had to restart again. Very discouraging when your looking to jump in and do a few things quickly.

Any updates on the quickplay bugs? I've only had one successful join and the others put me into a stronghold with nowhere to go and everyone just flying around until you quit.

Besides that, I'm disappointed with the store. They could have copied fortnite or Apex and I would have been satisfied. I'm still holding out for the next story and gameplay update. That will be the deciding factor whether or not I go and trade it in.

I also can't believe this game is making money on online transactions, who's buying stuff? There's already nothing to get with all my credits I have.

Patchy

Oct 29, 2017
Picked this up cheaply off Amazon - $29 AUD and recently finished Andromeda, warts and all.

As a lifelong Bioware fan I overlooked the negative press and dove right in.

After getting kicked off the server three times in a row, at the same moment in the same mission... I'm done. Fundamentals aren't even there, should never have released in this state and after 6 years of development you really do need to question the direction and leadership of Bioware.

Last edited:

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I won't go out of my way to get these chests, but I think the emotes are decent.

I'm convinced they don't have very many armor sets built out yet. I bet they are time consuming to design, build and test for each javelin type and they underestimated how much people would want new armor sets (maybe thinking the color and material customizations would be enough?).

Right but then there's stuff like this:
9mkv06sxezn21.png

or

145k4bni9xn21.jpg

The "gee guys, we totally get it, but also, like, making games is hard" attitude after 6 years and this little to show for it is pretty rich.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played in a few days. Really need them to add QoL stuff and give me something new to do. Sure, I'm not decked out in all legendary gear or whatever, but I can run GM2 perfectly fine, and all I hear about GM3 is that it isn't worth it right now. So I've got ZERO incentive to play. Hopefully the update gives me a reason to jump back in!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I have to bitch about an issue with the game. When I'm running contracts if I die and respawn the game loads and starts me at the Strider I began the mission at. Then, while I'm flying to the conflict zone to meet up with my team the game RESPAWNS me again, making me sit through ANOTHER loading screen because I'm too far away from my team. FFS just respawn me on my team the first time!

I'm having fun with the game but it's this kind of crap that pisses me off. It's low hanging fruit

Oct 30, 2017
Right but then there's stuff like this:
9mkv06sxezn21.png

or

145k4bni9xn21.jpg

The "gee guys, we totally get it, but also, like, making games is hard" attitude after 6 years and this little to show for it is pretty rich.

Lol, yeah not having this stuff ready to go at launch is a joke. Hopefully they learnt from their obvious poor quality and project management on this project. That's the only thing that we can hope to see here. Because if DA4 suffers from similar issues, then I dont know even know why they bother developing games.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Without fail, every time things start to look up for this game - they make a change or reveal pretty good details for an upcoming patch - they shoot themselves in the foot.

Honestly I strongly doubt it's gonna get turned around now. They can't be making any money from MTXs. So many people have dropped away and there's fuck all in the shop anyway. You see people on Reddit conspiracy theorising that it's a drip drip strategy to make people buy things with urgency. Which makes me laugh because it's counter productive and they clearly have fuck all to sell. It's drip drip by necessity.

What the hell happened in development? Literally everything is bare bones and cut down.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Someone posted that they'd made a decent amount of cash from MTX... can't remember if it was here or another thread.

I haven't seen the need personally - I've bought a load of stuff I like and I still have more than 100k coins.
But how have they made a decent amount!? Like you, I've bought a fair number of things. All the ranger skins available and a skin each for colossus and storm, and a few emotes and vinyls, all with coin. There's not been a need to buy shards because there hasn't been enough stuff available. At no point have I ever felt like I needed to rush purchase something because I've always had a reserve of coins.

Oct 30, 2017
But how have they made a decent amount!? Like you, I've bought a fair number of things. All the ranger skins available and a skin each for colossus and storm, and a few emotes and vinyls, all with coin. There's not been a need to buy shards because there hasn't been enough stuff available. At no point have I ever felt like I needed to rush purchase something because I've always had a reserve of coins.

EA fudging the numbers lol. Honestly its probably fantatical BioWare fans trying to support the game. I'm a big fan of BioWare, but there is nothing at the moment that would make me spend money. It still takes me 15 minutes most days just to get into the game. And another 15 if it boots me out during a loading screen.

The only reason why I haven't traded the game in yet is because my way if showing support for a broken ass game is me giving them time to add content and fix the issues. That's more than they deserve, but I want to support them and that's as much as their getting from me for now.