• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Improvements look great. While I'm enjoying Divison 2 now doubt going to stick with it. It's not relaxing to play with Destiny and Anthem. Even my brother that loves modern military shooters (and the one that got it for me) says prob going to drop it after we beat the story stuff like Divison 1. At the rate we play still going to be playing for weeks but glad anthem is getttimg better.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any issues with trophies not unlocking? I have all of the weapon challenges done (with the exception of the last few kills for Siege Breaker and Unending Battle) but for some reason I don't have the autocannon trophy unlocked. :(

they didn't give a date for the patch did they? Just that it's next week?
The last patch was originally due to drop on the 12th so I'd guess the aim is the 26th (as it's reset day too). Maybe they'll drop it early if they feel it's ready.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any issues with trophies not unlocking? I have all of the weapon challenges done (with the exception of the last few kills for Siege Breaker and Unending Battle) but for some reason I don't have the autocannon trophy unlocked. :(

The last patch was originally due to drop on the 12th so I'd guess the aim is the 26th (as it's reset day too). Maybe they'll drop it early if they feel it's ready.
Well if it drops early, hoo on right away. Loot would probably be screwy haha

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
My shit luck continues. Still only have the one legendary since launch, despite playing a bunch of GM2 legendary contracts, free roam and tyrant mines. My buddy has gotten several. It's partly my personal bad luck and partly not having good luck stats on my gear I guess. Had zero and then have been +55% the last few days after drops on Monday.

Still having fun, but starting to get frustrated by that and bored of the content.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I must admit, it's super frustrating to die and then try and remember where the hell that event was. More often than not, I end up abandoning it and move on to another.
Yeah, I don't even bother.

My shit luck continues. Still only have the one legendary since launch, despite playing a bunch of GM2 legendary contracts, free roam and tyrant mines. My buddy has gotten several. It's partly my personal bad luck and partly not having good luck stats on my gear I guess. Had zero and then have been +55% the last few days after drops on Monday.
Yeah, it's RNG doing its thing. I'm pretty sure I've had the most luck running GM2 FP and I don't run with capped luck (maybe around 50% at any given time). I've had probably around 15 I'd guess, the vast majority of which have been weapons.

Being able to accurately hunt down events should help after the patch with the increased drop rate from the higher level mobs along with the increased drop rate of GM2 itself, as should the changes to the boss loot tables.

Still having fun, but starting to get frustrated by that and bored of the content.
I'm definitely ready for new things.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I've been trying to find a build that combines a lot of psycho reddit theory. My Colossus is ~700 power score, with about 90% luck, and I've been having a lot of luck in GM2. MW pop often, from chests and mobs. Yesterday I played Freeplay for about an hour and got 5 MW, 4 of them being weapons (dups tho).

Actually, two days ago, I hopped on real quick to play GM2 Freeplay for 20 mins and headed into a dungeon. Got a MW on the way, and I was having a lot of trouble with the mobs up top so I hopped to the lower level of a dungeon, found a chest, and got a Legendary from it! A dup, unfortunately. Not gonna salvage it until they give us more than 1 MW ember for Legendaries, though.

If you're hunting for Legendaries, I personally wouldn't even bother with GM1. This one reddit post I had read was trying to say that GM1 is better farming, even with the lower chances of legendaries, because you can run it faster, but I tried GM1 Freeplay for an hour and just really didn't like all the purples I was getting.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I've decided to give GM2 a try...It's not as bad as I was expecting. Having full MW components makes a BIG difference. But I can see where you're all but required to have 1 or 2 legendary weapons to be able to kill shit.

I think I'm going to just start working my way through challenges to keep myself busy.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I went back into GM1 last night with my colossus to get the gear trophy and it was WAY easier than I remembered, and I only made the jump to GM2 about a week ago and I don't think I've had any meaningful upgrades since. Gonna assume that's down to the patch that dropped last week.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
If you're hunting for Legendaries, I personally wouldn't even bother with GM1. This one reddit post I had read was trying to say that GM1 is better farming, even with the lower chances of legendaries, because you can run it faster, but I tried GM1 Freeplay for an hour and just really didn't like all the purples I was getting.

Yeah we only play GM2 now. GM1 is good for farming Masterworks though. I should just play some other classes since my Storm seems stuck at 662. I get a good amount of MWs to drop, just shitnluck with legendaries.

As I've said before, they need to add some weekly challenge things that guarantee a legendary upon completion. Destiny 2 has thst right with all the things you can do to get powerful rewards.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Yeah patch is really pretty nice. Lots of big fixes and quality of life improvements. I give props they're obviously working super hard to fix the game, but only small props for the obvious reason that all that shit should have been in at launch.

Pretty sure I said in the demo thread a couple months ago that this first act was going to be entirely taken up with fixing the game and implementing features that should have been in at launch, not that it required much insight to predict this. If anything, I think I understated how much there was left to do in those respects.

Last edited:

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
They clearly want to do a stat sheet but are prevented by the fact there's a good chance it's all wishy washy bollocks behind the scenes. The scaling issues revealed by level 1 defender and the average power level thing for melee and ultimates strongly suggest it.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
They won't do a stat sheet till they overhaul the entire system so it doesnt make them look like fools and liars. The numbers mean nothing atm.

Maybe a year one update next March

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This one, too (it has some details the other missed, like how Elysian Cache cosmetics don't give out duplicates): https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG...stream_notes_guess_im_sticking_around_guys_d/
Not seeing much of anything here regarding sound and crash issues on PC. Am I missing it or did they not make any relevant announcements in this space?

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So what level do you guys suggest for comfortably tackling GM2 and 3 and is it worth it in terms of legendaries?

I'm around a 660 Colossus and running GM1 on everything and I generally don't have much trouble with decent randoms. Completed one GM2 normal contract yesterday and the difficulty spike simply in terms of how quick my health depletes was insane. I'm terrified to even try GM3 lol.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing much of anything here regarding sound and crash issues on PC. Am I missing it or did they not make any relevant announcements in this space?
They didn't mention it on stream, but they did say that the patch notes are significantly longer than what they covered.

So what level do you guys suggest for comfortably tackling GM2 and 3 and is it worth it in terms of legendaries?

I'm around a 660 Colossus and running GM1 on everything and I generally don't have much trouble with decent randoms. Completed one GM2 normal contract yesterday and the difficulty spike simply in terms of how quick my health depletes was insane. I'm terrified to even try GM3 lol.
I'm running GM2 as a (primarily melee) colossus at around 670 without any real trouble, but initially you will need to adjust a little. Maybe stack some armour if you can along with one or two defensive components until you're comfortable.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Had a good evening so far. Did my 3 Legendary COntracts on GM1 in a group. Got 6 MW in total. Some new components got Recurring Vengeance assault launcher. Just wish I got some new weapons to balance it out a bit. Feels good.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm really excited for next week. I will probably still hop in a few times before then but there is a big feeling of "what's the point?" since any run I do now will be a lot more lucrative next week :D

I do think the min/maxing in this game has the potential to be rewarding, just because you're really amplifying a core set of solid game mechanics/combat.

I hope they introduce a boosted modifiers mode. Like Nightfall or the Corrupted areas of Path of Exile. Get creative with those modifiers. I want to see enemies getting overcharged damage if you hit them with the wrong element, exploding in a dangerous blast if they're combo'd, etc

Oh shit. They nerfed javelins already? I have a bad feeling about this

Javelins were buffed across the board, with a few things being nerfed. Emphasis on the buffs--they said the nerfs were pretty minor.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to the update. I think having both Anthem and Division 2 puts a nice pace of content to work on between games. Especially these kinds of games for looting. Having a lot of fun with both them.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I see to be having more MW items but many components that work well together. I am guessing thats by design but my Ranger is feelling good. Seems to be a hover based build, so i might have to whip out that hover pistol i got and check it out.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if every javelin is buffed, Ranger is still the weakest and Colossus the stronger by far ?
We don't know the extent of individual buffs, but even if this was true, mobs didn't get buffed, so Ranger still becomes more viable overall...just maybe still the same viability compared to others. We should wait for buff details, though.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

A 660 Colossus - probably the strongest class right now - is absolutely ready for GM2. Just be judicious with your shield useage and remember you're tough, not invincible.
Oh shit. They nerfed javelins already? I have a bad feeling about this

Calm down son. Loads of buffs with a couple nerfs is not reason to panic.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Sorry, my trust currency with the devs of Anthem has bottomed out. We'll see I suppose.

I hope all turns out well. I just don't expect it to. Their first 'buff' to loot drops was a massive stealth nerf.
Oh can't say I blame you for lack of faith. It's been a shitshow from day 1. I'm constantly amazed I like this game as much as I do considering it's a dumpster fire. But there's just something about it which I find so enjoyable I keep coming back, and that's with the only credit I give the Devs being that they clearly want to fix and improve. Whether it's enough to ever fix he issues who knows, but they have displayed a willingness to try, so I think we should keep an open mind at least.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, my trust currency with the devs of Anthem has bottomed out. We'll see I suppose.

I hope all turns out well. I just don't expect it to. Their first 'buff' to loot drops was a massive stealth nerf.

How was it a nerf? I feel like I've gotten more stuff since the patch, other than in that fun ~8(?) Hours of weird super buffed loot. Do you mean that?

And honestly I feel like if anything faith should be going up, I feel like this game has been getting better and better with every update.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Oh can't say I blame you for lack of faith. It's been a shitshow from day 1. I'm constantly amazed I like this game as much as I do considering it's a dumpster fire. But there's just something about it which I find so enjoyable I keep coming back, and that's with the only credit I give the Devs being that they clearly want to fix and improve. Whether it's enough to ever fix he issues who knows, but they have displayed a willingness to try, so I think we should keep an open mind at least.
What concerns me is what they said on stream, ranger got gimped with a primer melee because someone thought it was "badass" ? With no idea how it would be useless in the hardest difficulties ? I don't even talk about all those melee focused skills and components not making any sense...

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
A 660 Colossus - probably the strongest class right now - is absolutely ready for GM2. Just be judicious with your shield useage and remember you're tough, not invincible.

Calm down son. Loads of buffs with a couple nerfs is not reason to panic.

When they said a javelin got nerfed, I knew they were talking about colossus combo damage. If I'm right, it's not a nerf but a fix.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
How was it a nerf? I feel like I've gotten more stuff since the patch, other than in that fun ~8(?) Hours of weird super buffed loot. Do you mean that?

And honestly I feel like if anything faith should be going up, I feel like this game has been getting better and better with every update.
It was the original patch. Not the latest one. You could get multiple legendaries in a few hours of gm1 strongholds.

Then we found out open world hadn't been nerfed and when that caught on it was 'fixed'

I'm not talking about the 10hr loot bug

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
It was the original patch. Not the latest one. You could get multiple legendaries in a few hours of gm1 strongholds.

Then we found out open world hadn't been nerfed and when that caught on it was 'fixed'

Oh ok cool. I didn't know about that, so I wasn't sure what you were referring too. Thanks.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Which bug are you talking about? There were two 10 hr/limited window loot bugs. One early on in the game's life and one with the latest patch.

Neither were nerfs. Both were (unintended) buffs to drop rates that were corrected, unless I'm mistaken. Hence all the "not again!" complaints after the latest loot 10 hr window debacle.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i know ppl seem to hate when they get a component for a different javelin. But it saved me today. Got a Storm masterwork on my interceptor (finally hit lvl 30 today). And because Storm was the last javenlin i unlocked, and i've pretty much only been playing Colossus (because i got a MW autocannon). This helped out my anemic storm who doesn't even have purple gear yet

Last edited:

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Which bug are you talking about? There were two 10 hr/limited window loot bugs. One early on in the game's life and one with the latest patch.

Neither were nerfs. Both were (unintended) buffs to drop rates that were corrected, unless I'm mistaken. Hence all the "not again!" complaints after the latest loot 10 hr window debacle.
I'm not talking about the loot bugs.

Oct 28, 2017
i know ppl seem to hate when they get a component for a different javelin. But it saved me today. Got a Storm masterwork on my interceptor (finally hit lvl 30 today). And because Storm was the last javenlin i unlocked, and i've pretty much only been playing Colossus (because i got a MW autocannon). This helped out my anemic storm who doesn't even have purple gear yet

At the end of the day it's fine. But in the moment, when Legendary drops are so few and far between, you see that yellow icon and get super excited about an upgrade and it ends up being something for a class you aren't currently gearing up. It just feels bad in the moment.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
lol new store rotation still doesn't have the new interceptor or colossus skins. Couple of shitty emotes instead.

What are they doing, people want new skins bad.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure in stream they said the other 2 sets would be in the store around the same time as the patch, some time next week.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Well, I couldn't wait on my friends anymore. Went ahead and beat the campaign. (Solo'd it on hard. It was a breeze.) Looking forward to finally doing Legendary contracts and such.

Before I did that, I finished the stronghold on GM2. And, folks, I legit didn't know people playing on GM2 would still be playing like idiots. I was kind of amazed. I felt like I was carrying the team the whole time (including the two times I was the only person alive). We had a colossus who, as far as I could tell never: 1) Worked on an objective. 2) Used his ult. 3) Shot a gun!? He spent the entire stronghold trying to fly/jump around and ground smash. Of course he died way off from us during the green circle part.

We had a storm who seemed unaware that their shields are improved by hovering. Spent the entire stronghold with their feet firmly planted on terra firma. Spent the entire stronghold channeling Gandalf, screaming at my TV, "FLY, YOU FOOL!"

In other news, I've come a long way from when I first entered this thread begging for you guys help! :D

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Is there just no masterwork/legendary support gear? Been playing GM1 and GM2 for dozens of hours so far, 690 Colossus now and have everything MW/legendary except for my support gear, which is an epic shield pulse stuck at 38 because I've never gotten any MW support.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Is there just no masterwork/legendary support gear? Been playing GM1 and GM2 for dozens of hours so far, 690 Colossus now and have everything MW/legendary except for my support gear, which is an epic shield pulse at 38 because I've never gotten any MW support.
Not yet , they said in this week's stream they are working on them. Will probably be rolled out later like they have been doing universal components.