• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm kind of surprised at the number of post-campaign story missions that keep popping up at Tarsis now. Not a huge amount but the continuing threads from Dax, Brin, Yarrow etc is a pleasant surprise.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I'm kind of surprised at the number of post-campaign story missions that keep popping up at Tarsis now. Not a huge amount but the continuing threads from Dax, Brin, Yarrow etc is a pleasant surprise.
yeh. i thought the end of the campaign would be the end of any interactions with ppl at Fort Tarsis. Happy to see that isn't the case. I get more yarrow? Cool cuz i feel like i haven't talked to him in forever. All im getting right now is Dax and Marl

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I seem to have better luck getting drops on a new low level class I've not played much rather than my highest level storm, like the game is taking pity on my lack of gear and my total ineptness getting dragged through events.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Are they even post campaign? It felt like you could possibly have ran through all of them before finishing the main story.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Are they even post campaign? It felt like you could possibly have ran through all of them before finishing the main story.
I believe there are some side missions that were only available after finishing the main story. I did every side mission I could before finishing the final mission and had more stuff to do after. (Other than contracts)

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like GM2 was my solution to the Legendary drought I had. 2 in a day.

They haven't. I got a vinyl for doing that Titan event.

That timed event Titan Vinyl goes really well with Interceptor default armor. The way the eye is part of the stripe is neat.

rasggmxnqrj21.jpg

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'd expect it to be store-only. Given the store is Anthem's only monetization model and is currently lacking in worthwhile options, I can't see them splitting armor skins between the store and chest rewards.

I don't know, they look heavily Scar theme'd like the vid said. I would bet they are in the Elysium caches and not store bought sets.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd expect it to be store-only. Given the store is Anthem's only monetization model and is currently lacking in worthwhile options, I can't see them splitting armor skins between the store and chest rewards.

I can see slightly modified default armor pieces being chest rewards - something like the default helmet but with horns attached or rgb-cylcing eyes.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Hmm, I'm not sure but I went back to Fort Tarsis literally after every mission during the story and did everything that was available each time. Just did Yarrow's last mission and it popped up now at Tarsis and I've been playing post-campaign for 6+ hours total so far.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I believe there are some side missions that were only available after finishing the main story. I did every side mission I could before finishing the final mission and had more stuff to do after. (Other than contracts)

Same. There was definitely some stuff that didn't pop until after the campaign for me as I had nothing left but the final mission when I launched it.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I'm not sure how much of that is planned exactly (I completed Yarrow's second questline shortly after finishing the campaign and I don't think there's a third one waiting for me) but it's pretty neat that you potentially have entire questlines available to you from the agents after finishing the last main mission. I'm hoping this allows for a steady flow of smaller story quests to tide people over during the wait for Act One.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Same. There was definitely some stuff that didn't pop until after the campaign for me as I had nothing left but the final mission when I launched it.

Yep, I think I had a bug to where none of Brins quests would trigger. I just recently finished those.

I'm not sure about the spy quest, the finished fountain quest, or the Yarro/Jani quests are after the campaign either

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Yep, I think I had a bug to where none of Brins quests would trigger. I just recently finished those.

Yeah I had that bug too. Had no indication that she had a mission to give and just went and talked to her when I realized I was only getting the legendary contract for Yarrow. Had a whole series of agent missions and contracts to finish for her.

With Mathias the issue was I'd picked up a contract and it was in my journal but not showing on the mission launch map until I went in the journal and tracked it. Had like three more to do for him to start getting his legendary contracts.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I had that bug too. Had no indication that she had a mission to give and just went and talked to her when I realized I was only getting the legendary contract for Yarrow. Had a whole series of agent missions and contracts to finish for her.

With Mathias the issue was I'd picked up a contract and it was in my journal but not showing on the mission launch map until I went in the journal and tracked it. Had like three more to do for him to start getting his legendary contracts.

lol, I knew something was odd with Brin's quests when I had already spoken to Cmdr Vule 3 times during the story and in another questline. But with the quests I was getting from her now, it looked like she was actually introducing him to me which was a little off putting.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
lol, I knew something was odd with Brin's quests when I had already spoken to Cmdr Vule 3 times during the story and in another questline. But with the quests I was getting from her now, it looked like she was actually introducing him to me which was a little off putting.

Yeah, if you get far enough into Dax's first questline (the one you pick up as part of the main story) before you hit a certain point with Brin you'll get this weirdness. In my case, I literally went to talk to Vule about something, then walked ten feet to Brin, who then introduced me to... Vule.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
And speaking of Yarrow's last quest, finally got the first masterwork during it for my Colossus. Still only level 25 (Rare Colossus) Is this good? Lol.

330a13d6-59ad-4e9e-9gnkrt.jpeg

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
And I got 7 MW playing in GM2 & 3 for 9 hours last night. Probably over 100 purples.

I'm sorry, but I don't accept that. In just an hour and a half of freeplay at gm1, I was at my 250 max inventory, with at least 100 purple, and possibly 10 mw. I don't see how it's possible that you only got seven mw in nine hours. And that's only based on freeplay.

My gm2 strongholds were averaging around four a stronghold, and even if each one takes an hour, you're still looking at a minimum of 20 gw from gm2 strongholds imo (at an average of two gw per stronghold, and a few with three).

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And speaking of Yarrow's last quest, finally got the first masterwork during it for my Colossus. Still only level 25 (Rare Colossus) Is this good? Lol.

damn, that weapon +150% Damage is amazing. the perk seems useless but maybe not for collossus builds. im a storm and i never have to worry about status effects.

interesting how the power is at 56. all of my masterworks dropped at 30 so they are all level 60.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
damn, that weapon +150% Damage is amazing. the perk seems useless but maybe not for collossus builds. im a storm and i never have to worry about status effects.

interesting how the power is at 56. all of my masterworks dropped at 30 so they are all level 60.

I had a couple drop like that before 30. Unfortunately I sharded one before I figured out that i could've just crafted it instead.

Oct 30, 2017

I didn't know you could get MW at 25. I'm lvl 29 and I only get purples and mostly blue. One day I'll find a MW item...

Anyone know if I'm suppose to be able to talk to Mathias after everything? I only get missions from Brin, and contracts from Yarrow, but the bubble is grayed out for Mathias and I can't talk to the freelancer NPC either that keeps saying that I can.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Yeah I've had a couple MW so far (Wyvern Blitz, this and Thunderbolt of Yvenia so far). Does that +150% weapon damage mean all weapons I have equipped or just the grenade launcher itself?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know you could get MW at 25. I'm lvl 29 and I only get purples and mostly blue. One day I'll find a MW item...

Anyone know if I'm suppose to be able to talk to Mathias after everything? I only get missions from Brin, and contracts from Yarrow, but the bubble is grayed out for Mathias and I can't talk to the freelancer NPC either that keeps saying that I can.
as soon as you hit level 30, go and do strongholds on hard. should drop one from one of the chests or the final bosses.

you should be getting close to getting your first legendary contract which should give a guaranteed masterwork as well.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've had a couple MW so far (Wyvern Blitz, this and Thunderbolt of Yvenia so far). Does that +150% weapon damage mean all weapons I have equipped or just the grenade launcher itself?
The gear icon next to the inscription means its only for that weapon. Good roll, congrats.

Unfortunately while that is a decent roll, its a bit wasted being only level 25. It'll help you through the early days of GM1 however.

I prefer the grenade launcher that has sticky grenades, as the MW version adds acid status effect on consecutive hits. But a good roll is a good roll.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
At 25+ if you're playing on Hard, you have a small chance at a MW drop. It's not guaranteed.

To add to this, at level 25, a SUBSET of MW loot becomes available with pretty low drop rates. At level 30, the full MW loot table opens up, though some remains exclusive to certain activities. It's basically to help you bump your Javelin to Epic (purple) status.

Unless something changed in the most recent patch.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i am not a 100% sure, but i think it's all weapons. For my storm weapons, i get stuff like +150% gear damage which applies to all gear. i have some perks that specifically state if my R1 or L1 abilities get a % buff.

sadly, 150% buffs dont stack. so if you get two weapons with 100% buffs, you dont get 200% damage. its only 50% more because bioware doesnt believe in math. dont think its a bug either because reddit found that if you have three 100% buffs, the third one only gives 33% more.

Still, its a great perk if you use weapons a lot. i mostly hunt for gear damage perks.

EDIT: be on the lookout for ANY EPICs with Support: Luck %. They increase chance for higher rarity drops. you want to equip as many as you can when running grandmaster content. they cap at 90% so 3 should do.

Oct 30, 2017
as soon as you hit level 30, go and do strongholds on hard. should drop one from one of the chests or the final bosses.

you should be getting close to getting your first legendary contract which should give a guaranteed masterwork as well.

How do you know if it's a legendary contract? I've done yellow contracts and they were longer missions with swarms of difficult enemies.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
I've been out of the loop for just over a week and see there's a new patch. Anything good? (I'm on Xbox one X)
You can enter the expedition screen from anywhere now and they buffed melee and ultimates considerably so they're not useless past Hard. A lot more changes but generally it was a positive patch. Still a shitload of issues mind.

Edit: Oh they also changed death screens. now there's a 30 second timer after you go down until you can respawn instead of waiting around. Plus you can manually respawn onto your squad if you get locked out of a room.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
GM1 Heart of Rage seems to be where it's at right now for MW and Legendary drops. It's going by way quicker with the nerf to the Monitor's HP.

Oct 26, 2017
You can enter the expedition screen from anywhere now and they buffed melee and ultimates considerably so they're not useless past Hard. A lot more changes but generally it was a positive patch. Still a shitload of issues mind.

Edit: Oh they also changed death screens. now there's a 30 second timer after you go down until you can respawn instead of waiting around. Plus you can manually respawn onto your squad if you get locked out of a room.

That's awesome thank you for the response. Greatly appreciated

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And I got 7 MW playing in GM2 & 3 for 9 hours last night. Probably over 100 purples.

Defend this shit all you want. The loot in the game will still be a fucking mess.

I'm not defending shit. You said only purples drop in freeplay MW1. That was a lie.

Step away from the game man, you are way to wound up and offended by this.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
To add to this, at level 25, a SUBSET of MW loot becomes available with pretty low drop rates. At level 30, the full MW loot table opens up, though some remains exclusive to certain activities. It's basically to help you bump your Javelin to Epic (purple) status.

Unless something changed in the most recent patch.

It has. People are getting MWs as low as level 20, difficulties lower than hard, and not just weapons.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

As someone that mains a colossus, and just got the challenge done for that particular weapon, I'd say it's in the "OK" category. It doesn't hit as hard as other MWs you could take and the explosion radius isn't great. I have it as a secondary right now, but the DPS it puts out vs non-yellows doesn't match the utility I could have for taking say, the MW scout rifle that has lightning 30% proc (which tears through shields), or the assault rifle that does fire explosions on crits. However, against yellow bars it does good damage (turrets) - there's just not enough yellow bars across the strikes to really have it feel like it has a place it can shine.

It really comes down to your build. Do you have a good solution for blue bars? I run flamewall and flamethrower (both MW versions) and then charge and combo via melee hits / jumps, and play super aggressively. I rarely fall back to weapons, and if I do it's the MW minigun that increases damage as you hit multiple enemies. Having a secondary to deal with shields helps a lot in more circumstances than having a good yellow-bar weapon.

I could swear mine is also +150% damage - that may be a fixed stat for that weapon?

My biggest peeve on GLs - they don't give you a grenade launcher sight with any of them, so it's hard to lob shots correctly, especially as you can lob a shot further than it'll show the trail / shot.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone wants a +1 for the Alliance Bonus feel free to add me on PSN: edgefusion. I've been maxing out to tier 10 each week, so plenty of coin to buy....things.

(Please add a note to the FR saying where you're from)

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Are there clans or shit on PC? Would love to reap the benefits of that on there.

Also, when it comes to leveling...What's the quickest way to hit 30? Is there a certain "activity" that helps speed that up?

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
You
Oh ok, thanks. yeah had a few of those.

To clarify, you can initiate 3 legendary contracts yourself each day. One for each faction. Freelancers, Sentinels, and Arcanists. You may need to complete all associated side quests before they became available on a daily basis. You can randomly match-make into others' legendary contracts and break the three-a-day limit, but there are no guarantees there.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I've played probably around 40-50hrs since launch and I've only gotten one legendary drop. I don't think I have it in me to try and grind for more.