• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, the hold Y to go on Expedition is a great addition. Flows much better now from getting contracts and getting started. They should add a goto Forge option also.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Why am I putting myself through the complete fucking bullshit that is Tyrant Mine second stage on Hard for three greens. This game persists in making sure each play session goes from thinking this is solid to just being the most aggressively unfun fucking experience I've ever had in a game.

Getting spat out at lvl20 and just grinding this shit for, what, another 10 levels and then some? Before even coming close to the interesting spells and combat mechanics. Meanwhile the fucking hovering Scar cunts with the machine guns knock me before I've had a chance to react, and then it's another minute and a half stuck in the godawful revive mechanic.

Playing Storm, getting downed in less time than you can react and then just staying behind a wall pressing R1/L1 every refresh for 50 seconds until one of these fucking things, that kills me in a nanosecond, dies. Somehow an even more shit experience than fighting a Titan as a Colossus.

Strongholds aren't good for grinding to level 30. Story missions and sidequests are easier and give more XP. So finish all your agent quests and sidequests on hard, replay then with friends who haven't done them yet as squad leader, do quick play if the patch has it working. Save grinding strongholds and freellay dungeons for after level 30 as that's for getting more loot drops, not getting XP fast.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I've already crashed to dashboard twice in the ~30 minutes I've been playing with the patch. Sigh...

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They need way more MW items. They should have really followed Diablo and have lower ranked MW items to flesh the numbers out. I can see people running a handful of Contracts and Strongholds and being overrun with MW items.
I believe they are adding universal MW components soon.

There are already some epic universal components that have better inscriptions than MW components.
Why am I putting myself through the complete fucking bullshit that is Tyrant Mine second stage on Hard for three greens. This game persists in making sure each play session goes from thinking this is solid to just being the most aggressively unfun fucking experience I've ever had in a game.

Getting spat out at lvl20 and just grinding this shit for, what, another 10 levels and then some? Before even coming close to the interesting spells and combat mechanics. Meanwhile the fucking hovering Scar cunts with the machine guns knock me before I've had a chance to react, and then it's another minute and a half stuck in the godawful revive mechanic.

Playing Storm, getting downed in less time than you can react and then just staying behind a wall pressing R1/L1 every refresh for 50 seconds until one of these fucking things, that kills me in a nanosecond, dies. Somehow an even more shit experience than fighting a Titan as a Colossus.
It kinda sounds like you aren't ready to do that Stronghold on hard, if it is giving you that much trouble? Did you already beat the game, at level 20? I don't think I ran it on Hard until I was like 25 or something, but I honestly can't remember. It was definitely tough, as a colossus, even. But it gave me 5 MW.

Also sounds like you were playing before the patch. The new revive mechanics are much more forgiving.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Monitor Stronghold is trivial now on GM1, was really hard/time consuming the only other time I ran it.

Gunslingers Mark is supposed to be fixed.
Gunslinger's Mark shows the correct 60% boost now, but Amulet of Winter says "Increases ice damage by % and ice effect by %". Same for Mark of Ruin for fire but Tome of Precision is fine for Electric.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Reporting back that my lost loot from last night has now appeared in the game after the patch. And low and behold it was a Lengendary universal component that now sits in my vault. Them pushing the hotfix prior to the actual patch seemed to be the problem since the items weren't technically in the game yet.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
How's your personal in-game experience though now, generally speaking?
To be frank, I haven't really had many issues since launch. Quickplay issues that plagued everyone, few disconnects, and a hand full of hard shut down. Just about anything bad that happened I mentioned here in passing.

After patch, only ran Freeplay for about 30 minutes. Did about 7 world events(the ones that bugged out we're Scar ones requiring clearing ads after killing main guy), faugth some Titan's(much quicker with status effects and lesser damage mitigation). Got 2 or 3 masterworks in the process.

Ads still despawn for no reason, no loot screen after missions.

I'm having a good time though, as I've been for a while.

Last edited:

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Flying feels smoother or is it the same? I don't know, coming from DMCV everything can look lighter

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017

Are you running universal or javelin specific components? The game relies on you raising shield numbers as you progress. As long as you fill those component slots as the unlock, you should not be getting one shot.

Going from 20 to 30 in quickplay is pretty quick and now you get more MWs.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Reporting back that my lost loot from last night has now appeared in the game after the patch. And low and behold it was a Lengendary universal component that now sits in my vault. Them pushing the hotfix prior to the actual patch seemed to be the problem since the items weren't technically in the game yet.

where do you find that page where u can see all ur prev drops ? because mine says featured instead of tracked

edit: nvm its just a backpack :( wanted to prove about the 3 leg drops

There you go, check yor vault and the offending items will have magically reappeared. Everyone reporting the same on reddit - the missing items were not previously in the game until the patch as the server-side stuff went up before the patch became available. So I guess you got 3 Legendary universal components... lol.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh fuck gm2 is haaaaaard, lol!

Took almost an hour to do ToS, and think I started about quarter of the way in.

Got 35 items, including for mw.

Btw, not sure if it was there before, but you can respawn inside strongholds, from the map.

ToS on gm1 took 15 minutes from start to end lol. 26 drops including one mw.

Don't think it's worth me doing gm2 over gm1, in terms of loot.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else can't find masterwork ember from nodes after the patch?

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Patch has killed my game and external HDD. HDD started making noises during the loading screen when going back to Forge, game crashed and wont boot up. Tried other titles and all the same. Sigh

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Any Colossus mains find it too hard to try out other Javelins? It's just way too fun to shield charge through mobs and use those nukes and I need my tanky armor.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah im getting junk again...i got 3 legendary in total in a few hours and never got a single one before the "bugged loot"

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Is quickplay just completely fucked? Just tried to load in to 3 different ones and each time no marker to show where to go. 2/3 times there's an objective in the top right but no signs of what to do or go.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Strongholds aren't good for grinding to level 30. Story missions and sidequests are easier and give more XP. So finish all your agent quests and sidequests on hard, replay then with friends who haven't done them yet as squad leader, do quick play if the patch has it working. Save grinding strongholds and freellay dungeons for after level 30 as that's for getting more loot drops, not getting XP fast.
Ah, right. I'd assumed the strongholds were the route to 30. Not playing with anyone other than randoms so seems like quickplay is the recommended activity for grinding to 30? I've read numerous posts about missions frequently being broken in it, is that still the case?
It kinda sounds like you aren't ready to do that Stronghold on hard, if it is giving you that much trouble? Did you already beat the game, at level 20? I don't think I ran it on Hard until I was like 25 or something, but I honestly can't remember. It was definitely tough, as a colossus, even. But it gave me 5 MW. Also sounds like you were playing before the patch. The new revive mechanics are much more forgiving.
I finished the story at level 18 so I've been doing the 'holds on hard for the past couple of levels assuming that was kind of the progression. If you weren't on it until 25 would make sense, it's been pretty frustrating playing and the revive mechanic has long been my largest issue with the game. Sure you can appreciate, when you're being one shot out the sky and spending more time staring at the revive screen than playing the game it's just demoralising when all you wanted was to put an hour in before work and get some bits done.

You mention the revive mechanic is now better? Mind letting me know what's changed as, as mentioned, it's genuinely been the element that's made me put down the game each time.
Are you running universal or javelin specific components? The game relies on you raising shield numbers as you progress. As long as you fill those component slots as the unlock, you should not be getting one shot.

Going from 20 to 30 in quickplay is pretty quick and now you get more MWs.
I'm running all the shield and armour ones it'll let me and I have. Believe I have a blue and a green for shield but only green for armour. One-shot might be inaccurate when literal, it's that those hovering shield Scars with the machine guns knock me faster than I can react or move so the effect is the same. As soon as I know I'm being hit I'm down and out. Which when Storm leads to staying in the ground, peeking from behind a wall every time your skill cools down for a fair length until one of them is dead. Just killed any sense of power (and thus fun) I was having.

That all said seems I'd make the incorrect assumption on doing Strongholds are the story - the way it presents them after the story made me think the game was recommending you do them to progress to 30. I'll happily jump into quickplay knowing it's less stressful and faster lol. Thank you.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
New bug on ps4 - selecting javelins, moving up & down the loadouts with dpad, doesn't seem to have any debounce and it just fires all the way down and up and makes noises like you pressed it a dozen times. It is possible to then make it move once, but then it can also move loads again.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

Same here.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
What's up with Tarsis where it shows you a yellow conversation marker on the map and radar but as soon as you get close enough it just disappears until you move away again. This mostly happens with Matti and underground where the hourglasses are. Very annoying.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Regarding this loot freakout, lemme get this straight:
-Some people on reddit are reporting that, starting late last night/early this morning, they started getting a lot of loot
-1.03 patch drops, people say they're getting a lot more masterworks (5-10 per Stronghold)\
-1.5 hours later, drops like that "stop"

Does that sound right? I'm about to hop on and find out myself.

You mention the revive mechanic is now better? Mind letting me know what's changed as, as mentioned, it's genuinely been the element that's made me put down the game each time.
From the notes:
Respawn restrictions have been removed - Respawn timers are now based on the activity a player is in. Crit-Path, Agent Missions and other non-end game missions now have a respawn timer of 10 seconds. Strongholds, Legendary Contracts, and other end game missions now have a respawn timer of 30 seconds. The respawn timer Freeplay remains unchanged.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think what happened was a hotfix for loot went up early that was being too generous and then the patch which came out a few hours ago re-adjusted it to how it should be.

It doesn't matter now. I used to be an ardent defender of this game and some of its issues. The loot issue has become untenable. I've play almost 20 hours with only a single masterwork drop that isnt guaranteed from a legendary contract or stronghold boss. I've spend hours and hours in freeplay completely unrewarding.

When loot drops are the only way to progress your character, and they are anemic, it has become a waste of time. It would be different, if there were static drops to farm from each stronghold or dungeon; but there isnt.

Reverting, for the second time, a more acceptable drop rate is just them being ignorant of what their players not only want, but need.

The featured store even has the same colossus armor that's been up 3 times now, and it's the only armor set available.

This game lives and dies by respecting players time, like all looter games, and this might be the most egregious offender of this tenet yet.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Purely anecdotal, but I ran one Legendary contract, the tyrant mines on GM2, and the final boss stronghold heart of whatever on GM1. Not seeing any increase of MW drops , legendaries ect. that people were claiming were dropping like candy last night.

I think they reverted the drops back to where they were a few days ago. It's funny, each time they've changed the game and drastically increased drop rates I just happen to not be playing during that time. Oh well.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
damn my team must hate me,died like 20 times because i switched from my full mw/leg tank to storm and im getting 1 tapped

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on how to play Colossus effectively on a team? Like, what do I offer to help keep my team alive in harder encounters?

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Post-patch none of the 3 bugged conversations in my Fort Tarsis have been fixed, which is one thing I was particularly looking forward to.