• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After getting my storm to 490 I decided to switch classes. Running interceptor from a distance like a ranger seems like the only thing I can do and it sucks. I want to slap everything in sight but I'm so squishy. They aren't always like this are they?

RNG Gods please bless me with Truth of Tarsis.

Interceptor essentially needs 6 masterwork components to be suitably durable enough to get in close for GM levels, especially GM2 and GM3. The masterwork acid ability that increases ult generation by 700% is a top tier piece of the puzzle. Even then, 70%+ of high end Interceptor play it at a distance using a good sniper rifle.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, that's cool. Tbh, I don't think anyone will mind as long as you're not massively underlevelled. Most people are probably playing gm1 once they hit 400.
The game unlocks it as soon as you hit 30 and have completed the game, I would imagine a good chunk of people just change their difficulty at that point and leave it there. To be honest I don't mind that, carrying a lower level/skilled group can be its own reward!

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I only play with my brother, sister, and her husband. We are all around the same level so no worries there, I'm not ruining some randoms game.

Lol, that's cool. Tbh, I don't think anyone will mind as long as you're not massively underlevelled. Most people are probably playing gm1 once they hit 400
The game unlocks it as soon as you hit 30 and have completed the game, I would imagine a good chunk of people just change their difficulty at that point and leave it there. To be honest I don't mind that, carrying a lower level/skilled group can be its own reward!

Yep, I love jumping into quickplay to lend a hand!!!

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Interceptor essentially needs 6 masterwork components to be suitably durable enough to get in close for GM levels, especially GM2 and GM3. The masterwork acid ability that increases ult generation by 700% is a top tier piece of the puzzle. Even then, 70%+ of high end Interceptor play it at a distance using a good sniper rifle.

Tbh, on gm1 I think it varies, depending on the enemy, and whether you're in melee range. Sometimes, like TM, at the beginning I'll start off in a support role; use my sniper to freeze torrents near my team. Once the turrets are down, I'll drop into melee range to take out scars. The shielded scar that jumps into the air and does 360 spinning gunfire, has no defence against melee in my experience, so getting in close is best imo.

If you have the cryo glaive then just freeze one unshielded and let your aura take care of the rest. Melee powers up your ult the fastest I'my experience, and the faster it's back up, the faster you can focus on enemies like the scar enforcer or Spider-Boss.

Just my personal opinion.

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, the game turned off my console. Good thing I was able to just turn it back on. Fuck this game! I'm out.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The game crashed on me while just standing still in the fort, the screen turned black for a few seconds then the blue screen came, so weird man.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The game crashed on me while just standing still in the fort, the screen turned black for a few seconds then the blue screen came, so weird man.
I have had a few times where the game kinda clicks and pushes me back to the main menu. A little annoying but recently I have not had issues. It way mainly at beta and launch.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
What level are you on Int?
About 420-something. I was getting hit pretty hard in GM1 legendary contracts but managed to get through only to get the same component 3 times. My RNG is ass.

My end goal is to make my interceptor one of those super snipers, but on the way there I want to dabble in slashing and burning everything. While on storm, a legendary contract had us locked against the spider leg robot. It was just too strong. An interceptor showed up and I watched that health bar glide into nothingness. I want that.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wish they would add the slot to mod the melle weapons to different elements. Lightning on Ranger feels a little lacking. Would much prefer ice or fire as a choice.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
About 420-something. I was getting hit pretty hard in GM1 legendary contracts but managed to get through only to get the same component 3 times. My RNG is ass.

My end goal is to make my interceptor one of those super snipers, but on the way there I want to dabble in slashing and burning everything. While on storm, a legendary contract had us locked against the spider leg robot. It was just too strong. An interceptor showed up and I watched that health bar glide into nothingness. I want that.

You using health and shields components, and consumables?

The Luminary is what I think you're talking about. I want to know how taunts and aggro work in Anthem, because if a Colossus uses his/he's taunt, then you should be ok to stay in melee range for a bit and do some damage. Otherwise, the only things you can do, are either risking it and dash into melee range, attack, and dash out, or sniper it from a distance or use something like the Thunderbolt or Elemental Rage. Or a mixture of both tactics lol.

I wish they would add the slot to mod the melle weapons to different elements. Lightning on Ranger feels a little lacking. Would much prefer ice or fire as a choice.

Yep, I want to customise my Int's melee too.

One thing I did notice on my Colossus, is that you have a component that buffs both fire and electrical damage iirc. I want one of those on my Int lol, that focuses on electrical and frost.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For GM1 vs GM2, I think once you're at a power level that makes GM2 more manageable, it's worth giving it a shot. Unfortunately, it can really depend on your group here. I was with a group on GM1 Tyrant Mines and we must have rolled through there in like 10 minutes. Felt like we were only on Hard. Another time I play, I'm stuck with 3 Interceptors who don't seem to really know how to use them so it takes 30 minutes and a lot of revives.

If that's true, then I am basically unable to play this game until my friends and I finish the story. As I was saying, I can't take Legendary contracts, because we aren't far enough along. That's also why I only have the one Stronghold.

Sucks that I'm being punished for loving Freeplay and helping my friends who were behind me. I never once did anything that could be considered grinding. But Freeplay + re-doing missions with my friends to catch them up had me ding 30 and all 36 epics.

Guess I'll...play something else. :'(
I agree with Kyoufu. Give GM1 Tyrant a shot.

Who cares if you die a few times? That's why a revive mechanic is in the game. The worst thing you can do in a GM+ stronghold isn't dying, it's dying across the map swarmed by enemies. Stick with your team, make yourself revivable until you increase your power level some more.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
For GM1 vs GM2, I think once you're at a power level that makes GM2 more manageable, it's worth giving it a shot. Unfortunately, it can really depend on your group here. I was with a group on GM1 Tyrant Mines and we must have rolled through there in like 10 minutes. Felt like we were only on Hard. Another time I play, I'm stuck with 3 Interceptors who don't seem to really know how to use them so it takes 30 minutes and a lot of revives.

I agree with Kyoufu. Give GM1 Tyrant a shot.

Who cares if you die a few times? That's why a revive mechanic is in the game. The worst thing you can do in a GM+ stronghold isn't dying, it's dying across the map swarmed by enemies. Stick with your team, make yourself revivable until you increase your power level some more.

Lol, worst you can do is die right by the bosses feet! Had a mission earlier with a Titan, and dived in right by the Titan. Hit my ult button and.....nothing happened, the game didn't even register my press. Panicked and hit up on my D pad a few more times and still nothing. By then, I didn't have enough time to get away lol.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, worst you can do is die right by the bosses feet! Had a mission earlier with a Titan, and dived in right by the Titan. Hit my ult button and.....nothing happened, the game didn't even register my press. Panicked and hit up on my D pad a few more times and still nothing. By then, I didn't have enough time to get away lol.

Colossus DGAF where you fell, we got u fam.

Shields up, jump in. I've revived people sitting underneath the Tyrant before.

kalavaras

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I just became a god. Ive been grinding Tyrant mines on hard today and to be honest Im not the best player there is so its always a bit of a struggle and occasionally someone has to get my colossal ass back up to the fight. However, I got queued with 3 dudes who were lvls 11, 13 and 17. God fucking damn. I had to carry their squishy Interceptor asses like a MAN and I mustve revived them way over a hundred times without dying once myself. The longest run ever but once the Tyrant was dead it was kinda hilarious. I deserved some legendary loot but nah, not this time I guess.

And yes, I finally understand what the Colossus revive bot memes are about.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017

I've had the game not register my ult when I was trying to activate it. I think it may be a visual bug that shows me that it's available when it really isn't.

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Wow... just how can this just wow.
<speculation>
They have an algorithm that dynamically adjust the damage players do to enemies based upon item level. On the backend, damage is done as % ( ie you do 3% damage per bullet) and the damage number shown is simply calculated client side based on that percentage. The reason they do this is it allows players of vastly different levels to experience the same content. The higher level player sees larger numbers, however as a % of damage it's equal to the lower level player. It's supposed to allow friends to play together regardless of their levels.

And it's dumb. Ruins the damn game. It's also clearly not working correctly.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
<speculation>
They have an algorithm that dynamically adjust the damage players do to enemies based upon item level. On the backend, damage is done as % ( ie you do 3% damage per bullet) and the damage number shown is simply calculated client side based on that percentage. The reason they do this is it allows players of vastly different levels to experience the same content. The higher level player sees larger numbers, however as a % of damage it's equal to the lower level player. It's supposed to allow friends to play together regardless of their levels.

And it's dumb. Ruins the damn game. It's also clearly not working correctly.

That makes sense since they are trying to balance different player levels. How else would you balance a lvl30 pilot and a level 5 pilot shooting the same enemy?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I've had the game not register my ult when I was trying to activate it. I think it may be a visual bug that shows me that it's available when it really isn't.
This can definitely happen. Often when I load into a mission my ult bar is already full, and I need to keep an eye out for the visual flourish to see when it's ACTUALLY full. This happens a lot... like probably around 50% of the time I spawn in.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
That is weird. Game is supposed to scale based on Gear Score. Maybe thats the issue since the GS is still high, regardless of weapon equipped.

It's supposed to scale off of your level. Gear score has nothing to do with it AFAIK. If it did, then it would be entirely pointless because you never end up feeling more powerful. It would also make actual balancing a nightmare and make the "score" even more confusing since you can spike that score by equipping two very useless (to your build) Masterwork weapons, while not having any Masterwork components.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Wow... I mean, there are some gifs in that thread that demonstrate it... that's... phew...

Wow, those videos are pretty damning. I can't believe the scaling is done so poorly. What is the incentive to grind for better loot if the game becomes harder simply by using your new shiny? What a dumb design decision.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If true, this game really is amateur hour. Going to test when I get home.

Gonna do the same. My MW weapons are not feeling any better than my old purple ones that are 10 power levels lower. They do have some perks and it's fun to see someone you are shooting also getting hit by lightning bolts every 3 shots, but yeah health bars are not going down any faster. Give us some broken ass OP weapons, BW! That's the fun on these games endgame...

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Just one more thing to add to the list of Anthem issues.

I don't think that there's even one area of the game that's bug free, or functioning 100% as it's meant to?

Is it just me, or would any other game by another dev & publisher, have been terminated by now, or taken offline until all the issues were sorted?

Edit: forgot about NMS and F76 lol.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the reddit thread, I dont think this is even a bug, but actually is just a whole smoke and mirrors thing for a damage system that actually does not exist outside of "Weapon x does X damage to X enemy."

What this means is that it actually invalidates the WHOLE GAME since there is absolutely no point at all for you to search for better loot.

Its mind boggling.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone double confirm this here, especially testing out lvl 1 abilities as well? If so, this really needs to be its own thread, or its going to dominate this one for a while lol.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Just saw that Reddit post. Insane. I am having fun with this game but this just kills me. Like, how can you not even establish the most core component of a loot shooter like, higher level gear kills enemies quicker than lower level gear. No wonder there is no stat page. It would just be a picture of a dude behind a curtain pulling random levers.

Can anyone double confirm this here, especially testing out lvl 1 abilities as well? If so, this really needs to be its own thread, or its going to dominate this one for a while lol.

In the comments of that thread another user links to his own thread where he experienced melting the fuck out of mobs when he ran a Storm with all level 1 abilities. https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/aunjid/a_javelin_balance_rant_ranger_up/

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
That discussion's going to happen here regardless. This doesn't really warrant its own thread, that's what this OT is for. If anything, keep track of that Reddit thread and bring it to the dev's attention and see what transpires.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That discussion's going to happen here regardless. This doesn't really warrant its own thread, that's what this OT is for. If anything, keep track of that Reddit thread and bring it to the dev's attention and see what transpires.

I disagree. I think this is important enough and with too many possible ramifications on the game to be contained in the OT. Plus, its not an "Opinion" thread, but some news.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw that Reddit post. Insane. I am having fun with this game but this just kills me. Like, how can you not even establish the most core component of a loot shooter like, higher level gear kills enemies quicker than lower level gear. No wonder there is no stat page. It would just be a picture of a dude behind a curtain pulling random levers.

In the comments of that thread another user links to his own thread where he experienced melting the fuck out of mobs when he ran a Storm with all level 1 abilities. https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/aunjid/a_javelin_balance_rant_ranger_up/

In Swtor, they boosted people's armor stats, and health iirc in pvp. There was this one point in game for a few months, where you'd have people maxed out in the highest class full gear with health and armor min/maxed mods, and then you'd have others running around naked in pvp, because of how the game boosted armor and/or health, and they'd have more armor/health than the min/maxed guys lmfaoo!!!

Just wondering if that BW team has taken over yet lool!

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I disagree. I think this is important enough and with too many possible ramifications on the game to be contained in the OT. Plus, its not an "Opinion" thread, but some news.
The official topic of a game is where core discussion is meant to take place. Regardless of whether it's an opinion or not, the whole point is to prevent several offshoot threads for every single issue that might pop up with a game. Creating a separate thread will literally boil down to every post amounting to "Oh God this shit sucks" and amount to nothing but further moderation.

The constructive thing to do is reach out to devs and inform them of the issue. The Reddit thread itself will no doubt already be picked up.