• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
Man I've had a rough day with Anthem. Its shut down my PS4, and kept bugging my quick play missions all day, to where you literally can't progress the current mission you are on. I think I'm finally going to take a break from it and wait for the new update to hopefully come this week.

Weird all of these crazy bugs are effecting me at the endgame portion of this game.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Strange - I get no prompt. Maybe it just means there's no contracts. I haven't had anything from Mathias for ages and thought maybe I needed the contract board instead. I think I might be bugged.

Check your journal or quest checklist or whatever - some folks reported contracts having been accepted and in the log but not showing up on the map, so they never did them to get the next. Try tracking it from your log and it should show on the map.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Do certain feats stack? Like say I have 3 components that have Ultimate +25% speed would those stack or would it only work once and cancel the other ones out?

Generally speaking, it should stack unless it says otherwise (based on mmorpg exp).

Re Matthias: one of his missions showed up in my list as an agent mission, rather than contract. Do you have any agent missions in your list?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Check your journal or quest checklist or whatever - some folks reported contracts having been accepted and in the log but not showing up on the map, so they never did them to get the next. Try tracking it from your log and it should show on the map.
Turns out my very next story mission was a trigger for Matthias!

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States

This happened to me with Sentinel Brin. I thought her contracts were somehow bugged because I had not gotten any contracts (legendary or otherwise) from her in ages. I did find a contract in my log then tracked it and it showed up way in the corner of the damn map. I finished the contract and everything is fine now.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone out there basically playing solo? I don't mean with MP turned off, but basically only playing with strangers? That would be my lot if I gave this a go.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
My first Masterwork. I know it's nothing special but it still feels good.

imBj9N5.jpg

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Anyone out there basically playing solo? I don't mean with MP turned off, but basically only playing with strangers? That would be my lot if I gave this a go.

Yea you can play any way you want. I play with my friend, I play solo, I do world events solo, I play with randoms etc. It works great any way you want.

Oct 28, 2017

I am. It's fine for the most part but I haven't gotten to the end yet. Just don't expect to get a chance to explore around during missions. I always take the opportunity to look for chests or the wall runes but end up getting warped ahead because they just blitz to the next waypoint.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I actually have the same gun, but as a power 47 Legendary. Pretty damn good, I tell ya. Got lucky with the inscriptios as well.

I'm only level 26 so it's way better than the 27 Cloudburst I was using so I'm happy! Of course I hoped it was an Endless Siege but damn after reading up I hear this gun is pretty good.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
got a question about armor and shields components. Does the game just take your highest armor or shield across all components to determine your Armor and Shields? Or are all the totals added together?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Cool little foreshadowing I noticed.

When you approach Matthias before handing him the manifold, he says "Hello, hello, hello"

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Is there a way to farm a lot of money in this game? I feel the amount gain from missions are kinda low. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to farm a lot of money in this game? I feel the amount gain from missions are kinda low. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

No way that I know of (unless you count challenge awards etc). Anyway I had around over 100,000, and spent around 50,000 a few days ago, and since then I'm around 77,000. Unless you're going to buy every piece of armor that there's available right now, I wouldn't worry too much.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017

Challenges, daily/weekly challenges and the weekly Alliance bonus are your routes to more coins. It's tough to make a lot because they want to encourage you to spend real money.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018

It's either been me and my buddy plus two randos or myself with three randos. I've had a blast. Until you get to strongholds on the higher difficulties there's not much of anything that necessitates much coordination at all. Plus, the higher difficulties are locked behind hitting level 30 so most randos you get at that level know what they're doing. Nothing in this currently is anything like Destiny raids that require communication for even people who know what they're doing to get through it as a team.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
So now that I've finished the campaign at level 18, what's the best way to level up and get to 30?

Keep doing all the side quests (agent and contracts) on hard. That gives more XP than anything. Quickplay if you run out of those as that let's you replay missions--downside is so many missions are broken so you end up back filling into broken missions that people left as they can't be completed.

I hit 30 well before running out of side missions, though I played on hard from the start and had done some twice to replay with my buddy (or vice versa) along the way.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Keep doing all the side quests (agent and contracts) on hard. That gives more XP than anything. Quickplay if you run out of those as that let's you replay missions--downside is so many missions are broken so you end up back filling into broken missions that people left as they can't be completed.

I hit 30 well before running out of side missions, though I played on hard from the start and had done some twice to replay with my buddy (or vice versa) along the way.
Finish off all the side quests for Brin, Matthias and Yarrow so you get access to contracts. Then run contracts and strongholds
Sounds good!

So I'm guessing forget anything less than Hard from here on out then.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Sounds good!

So I'm guessing forget anything less than Hard from here on out then.

Yep. Hard's not really hard in this game anyway. Like I said, we played on hard from the start and didn't struggle much with anything in storyh missions or sidequests other than some titan fights. The stronghold was tough on hard when we tried to early though.

So yep, just blow through things on hard to hit 30, and then jump up to Grandmaster 1 once you're in the 400-425 power range (if you want to do decent damage and not get carried--you'll still be pretty squishy and die fast until you get several masterwork components to buff you up more).

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Finished a quickplay session only to get stuck on the 10 second countdown at the end, I quit Anthem from the PS menu which resulted in it crashing so hard it switched off my PS4. Took a few tries to get it to turn back on.

Edit: But looking at it positively, it still counted toward my Challenge of Valour target :)

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused how does that mean they won't support it?

I'm not necessarily seeing that, but what else was Casey going to tweet; "No, sorry, we know we're floundering here, and our EA overlords are pretty pissed. They want us focusing most of our team on Dragon Age 4 (Gotta figure out more games as a service aspects to implement first though!)"? He gave typical "Don't worry, everything is fine" PR speak as the oxygen masks are falling that could mean literally anything.

Actually, you may as well play normal till 25ish and the MW pool opens up, then start the harder difficulties.

Only do that if you're soloing. I did that for the first nineteen or so levels, and JFC was it so much faster going to Hard and grouping up. I would say jump to Hard no later than level sixteen at most.

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Must admit, last few sessions I have had have been issue free. No weird kicking out of matches, no load issues and freeroam actually had a good amount of content in it.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
It was probably a lack of good gear at low level that made me swap to normal. I should jump back up now. Nearly 25 now anyway.

Luck with randos being useful matters a lot too. The times my buddy and I struggled were often with bad randos who sucked, or were just not reviving people and so on. Definitely tougher totally solo too as at least my buddy and I could chat and help each either even if the randos were bad. I'd have played more on normal if just playing solo or with three randoms for sure.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
According to devs, luck "upgrades" drops. There's not increased quantity, just increased quality.
BrenonHolmes on reddit said it affects both drop rate and rarity:

Some basic details about luck and how it currently works:
  • It's threshold based
  • The last threshold is once you get over 190
  • It affects drop rate and rarity
For drop rates, the modifier is added into a formula for computing the drop chance (there are a whole mess of factors that can further modify the value based on enemy type, etc).

For rarity, the modifier is also added into a formula... but the final computed modifier (based on difficulty, luck and the difficulty of the thing that was killed) is only applied to the highest rarity of thing that you can get for your level (and masterwork/legendary if it's available at your level).

Hopefully that helps! 😊

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
They really need to increase all drops, especially on big baddies like ancient ash titans. Get rid of all the trash rarities and throw in some other shit in addition to loot. Like crafting mats, armor, paint jobs etc. These big fights that take a while even on hard are so god damn anti climatic when two tiny blue diamond pop out after battling some 3 story titan for 5 minutes. Never in the history of any loot based game has stingy loot been fun or a good decision. It is such a very very basic concept in a loot based game.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Okay so I have played as storm the entire time and got it fully masterworked up (excluding support obvs) but I started using the Colossus for the last couple of hours - it's pretty damn fun I have to say. I seem to get BIGGER combos with this dude which surprises me.

Was very simple to gear it up too - bare in mind for anyone else who has played 1 class exclusively I didn't have many of the materials to craft the gear for this class, I never noticed there was a class specific element before.

Yea I went from Storm to Colossus at level 18 and never looked back. The Colossus can take so much damage and dish it out as well so it's a great Javelin for solo shit. The only thing that sucks is 1 on 1 with a boss. That takes some time but I imagine most classes do.

Oct 30, 2017
You answered yourself on the next line!

I figured lol.

I'm not necessarily seeing that, but what else was Casey going to tweet; "No, sorry, we know we're floundering here, and our EA overlords are pretty pissed. They want us focusing most of our team on Dragon Age 4 (Gotta figure out more games as a service aspects to implement first though!)"? He gave typical "Don't worry, everything is fine" PR speak as the oxygen masks are falling that could mean literally anything.

True, would suck to see EA step in after all the promises BioWare has been saying on fixing the game and adding to it.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing that sucks is 1 on 1 with a boss. That takes some time but I imagine most classes do.

Can't remember the gw weapon off the top of my head, but it hitting elites (and I'm assuming bosses) with a 5 hit streak, makes them 5% more susceptible to elemental damage, and can stack four times (or five, can't remember). That plus your Force Lightning + flamerhrower = quick job on elites. Used it plenty on the Scar Enforcers with physical shields. Kills them quick.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Can't remember the gw weapon off the top of my head, but it hitting elites (and I'm assuming bosses) with a 5 hit streak, makes them 5% more susceptible to elemental damage, and can stack four times (or five, can't remember). That plus your Force Lightning + flamerhrower = quick job on elites. Used it plenty on the Scar Enforcers with physical shields. Kills them quick.

Yea I use the flamethrower + lightning coil combo. Also I just got the Fist of Stral MW that absolutely shreds at 10 stacks. I don't know what the drop rates are supposed to be because I'm pretty new to end game but I've been getting a MW about every 3 world events. Not bad.

Edit: Just got another Fist and then the MW legendary Grenade Launcher Insult and Injury.