• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
So, finally got round to trying out the Colossus (called Rambo lol). I knew it would be a different type of playstyle but man it's completely different. It's so slow paced, so much time to think and do; so much time to admire the scenery as my flamethrower is bbquing everything in sight lol.

Currently using an epic autocannon, with MW Ralner's Blaze, but only using the blaze for the +87% Max armor, as I have an epic flamethrower as my heavy assault launcher. Got a lightning coil, and it reminds me of Force Lightning lol, just wish it did a bit more damage.

Played about five hours with it last night, and kept on forgetting to use the shield lol. Been using the shield today, and just running around mowing enemies down with it. Hulk smash should send out ripples lol. Btw, does height make a difference in terms of how much damage Hulk smash does, or radius? I.e. if I do it while flying, does it do more damage? I haven't seen any noticeable increase personally.

Btw, what is everyone rolling with in terms of consumables? I'm equipping armor, increased lightning damage, and increased fire damage.

Rambo is a Sunday afternoons kinda javelin lol, whereas my Spideyceptor thrives in Monday morning rush hour traffic lol.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
haha you people were right, flamethrower and vassa's arc is crazy fun. my ps4 pro is trying its very best to stay at 30 fps, but when 3 coloccuseseses are at it, it kinda does stress the limits (and I might as well have my eyes shut, no idea what's going on behind all that fire, sparks and COMBO

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
They need to fix GM2 and GM3 so I can farm legendaries.

I wish 90% of things in this game weren't broken.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me

96abdnfsiak21.png

Where the fuck are the armours?
The message from Bioware is clear, "Tell it to the hand"

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I realized I'd missed some sidequest lines last night. There was no map indicator for me to go talk to Brin and she had an agent contract waiting for me when I randomly checked and that led to a series of agent and regular contracts.

Seems sort of the same happened with Mathias as I had a contract in my journal that didn't show up on the mission map until I tracked it. Working on that line now. Mathias has been glitched for a while for me and my buddy in that it shows the regular NPC chat bubble on the map, but they have nothing to say when you get there. I've had that with Freelancer Jani for a while now too.

I thought to go talk to Brin manually as I hadn't gotten legendary contracts from anyone but Yarrow. I guess not completing those questlines due to lack of contract markers was why.

Last edited:

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Are you fucking kidding me

96abdnfsiak21.png

Where the fuck are the armours?

Did a purple contract, go to launch bay to pick up the other two. "Hey I might as well check out the store". The store page broke my input. Had to force quit cause none of the buttons would do anything, only the mouse was still moving. Everything was still animated.

Every day it's something new...

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
You all seem to be enjoying this game. Yeah, it was fun to laugh at BioWare around reviews time but this seems like an ok game, I guess? No way I am paying full price but I am seriously considering subscribing to Origin Premier for a month. I think this game worth the 15 euros I'll be paying. And besides, I have no interest in the gaas features BioWare offering. I just want to play the story and be done with it.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
They need to fix GM2 and GM3 so I can farm legendaries.

I wish 90% of things in this game weren't broken.

I am at the point where I am rolling most of the GM1 stuff but there is zero reason to go up to GM2 for the exact same loot. I have only gotten 3 items in the last week that I didn't immediately scrap. I might be getting burned out and need a break...

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Decided to try out the thicc boi properly, only ran around in freeplay a bit before and still only had a white railgun that I crafted myself and a green support. No masterworks yet, barely an Epic Colussus.

So I go in a regular contract on GM1 and try to stay alive and do what I can, then after my lucky Storm dropping 3 legendaries yesterday I get this:

anthem_20190305101642h4kbu.jpg

What should I be looking at to pair with this?

May i ask you how many hours played and how much luck as support skill. I am at the point i am dropping this game after 110 hours 90% luck and still no legendary. I hate the frikin RNG in this game.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You all seem to be enjoying this game. Yeah, it was fun to laugh at BioWare around reviews time but this seems like an ok game, I guess? No way I am paying full price but I am seriously considering subscribing to Origin Premier for a month. I think this game worth the 15 euros I'll be paying. And besides, I have no interest in the gaas features BioWare offering. I just want to play the story and be done with it.
It's got a lot of blemishes but it's fun to play - which is the most important thing. I can't recommend it as a competent product though because it's not stable.

Oct 26, 2017
My biggest complaint right now is that I haven't been compelled to spend any coin. Animations? Different cloth types? Why?

The customization in this game hasn't interested me at all. Still favor cool armor and weapons, of which the game desperately needs. Most gun designs look like generic sci fi stuf

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My biggest complaint right now is that I haven't been compelled to spend any coin. Animations? Different cloth types? Why?

The customization in this game hasn't interested me at all. Still favor cool armor and weapons, of which the game desperately needs. Most gun designs look like generic sci fi stuf
I think that's up there for me too. The specials are great but the gear needs work.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
May i ask you how many hours played and how much luck as support skill. I am at the point i am dropping this game after 110 hours 90% luck and still no legendary. I hate the frikin RNG in this game.
I've probably played a day's worth more than you have, vast majority on GM1. I normally have my luck stacked well above the 191 maximum on my Storm. This morning though my colossus had zero luck.

Luck gives more drops and better quality drops but I don't think it guarantees anything. Tougher difficulties and higher grade enemies are supposed to offer a greater chance of one dropping, but I've had them from chests and trash enemies that I didn't even kill, just the one from a very tough frost brute at the bottom of a dungeon outside of Tyrant Mine. I think the way it balances out, if you're not in an organised group attacking freeplay together, GM1 is the place to be for the best turnover of stuff getting dead and offering a chance of a drop because it's totally doable to tear stuff up solo. And chests in TM are quick and easy to get through.

People have their theories like I read someone say they were sure there was a hard cap of 2 in 24 hours for instance, pure nonsense though, it's just RNG being RNG. I hadn't had a legendary for I think 4 days, then got 2 in one mission and another about 6 housr later (ran 10 Tyrant Mines for the Valor challenge).

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
is there an optimal primer/detonator combo when playing as Storm?...fire (primer) + ice (detonator)?...or ice + lightning?...etc

kmg90

Feb 20, 2018
With all the bugs and issues making headlines and such, my issue with the game on PC since the latest patch is that Fort Tarsis is bugged mess of missing assets and unusable functions (trying to open forge or going to launch bay can lead to never ending loading screen)

DP0bZGi.png

The kicker is that if I walk to the Javelin station a certain way upon loading into the game, everything appears and works normally...

If I go by the water area first then goto Javelin it's borked but if I go to Javelin first and then make my way to water area it's fine...

Here is a gallery of what it looks like in other places

It's completely random what can be missing or appear every start up

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With all the bugs and issues making headlines and such, my issue with the game on PC since the latest patch is that Fort Tarsis is bugged mess of missing assets and unusable functions (trying to open forge or going to launch bay can lead to never ending loading screen)

DP0bZGi.png

The kicker is that if I walk to the Javelin station a certain way upon loading into the game, everything appears and works normally...

If I go by the water area first then goto Javelin it's borked but if I go to Javelin first and then make my way to water area it's fine...

Here is a gallery of what it looks like in other places

It's completely random what can be missing or appear every start up
I had a similar bug after latest update, but that was caused by a lack of space, a file had been corrupted. Just check the game with Origin and it should redownload the corrupted file (was a 2 GB file in my case).

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got reeeeeallly lucky this morning and got 2 MW drops for my Colossus, Vassa' Arc and Fist of the Crucible! Should pair quite nicely with my elemental rage AR

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Second day in a row and I haven't logged in :( I will collect my alliance coins and maybe come back later with the new patch

I love this game so please BW do everything you got to make it better

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
So for Colossus, everyone is going lightning coil, not shock coil right?

Right, I got a comsumable bug: either they're displaying when they're not equipped, or they didn't get used up...

Last edited:

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
So I just crafted a Thunderbolt Yvenia with +70 shield max, +113% weapon ammo and +3% marksman rifle damage

And another

+24% Armor, +15% Force and +100% physical DMG.

I main interceptor, so my main reason for trying to make one with decent rolls was so I could get a decent +shield percentage for extra survivability and then being able to deal with Outlaw and Dominion Storms to knock them out of the sky, but the one with +100% physical damage is extremely tempting to use instead!

Any thoughts?

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished the main story last night, and I have to say that journey wasn't as bad as other people's. Pre Day 1 patch, the game was a little glitchy, but I did light playing during that time. Post patch, everything was gorgeous and ran smoothly on my XBX. The main glitch I ran into was not being able to press the action button at times. That means no picking up relics or reviving teammates. I'm still surprised to see that this bug hasn't been addressed or acknowledged by Bioware.

I ran into another bug during the Heart of Rage mission. I somehow ended up outside the titan fight and could not pass the clear barrier. I had to restart the game, but luckily I was able to get back in the session.

By the end of the game, i really loved the relationship Freelancer had between Haluk and Faye. I think that's where the game really shines and I hope that continues in upcoming story updates.

Now it's time for the endgame!

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
So for Colossus, everyone is going lightning coil, not shock coil right?

Right, I got a comsumable bug: either they're displaying when they're not equipped, or they didn't get used up...

I'm running Voltaic Dome / Solvent Green for that sweet sweet combo damage buff. I can crush most elite trash spawns in one swing after a quick stun, and you can dot up tons of mobs with acid for increased dmg taken with the acid spitter.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
So I just crafted a Thunderbolt Yvenia with +70 shield max, +113% weapon ammo and +3% marksman rifle damage

And another

+24% Armor, +15% Force and +100% physical DMG.

I main interceptor, so my main reason for trying to make one with decent rolls was so I could get a decent +shield percentage for extra survivability and then being able to deal with Outlaw and Dominion Storms to knock them out of the sky, but the one with +100% physical damage is extremely tempting to use instead!

Any thoughts?

Make sure you got little bit of balance, some % of shield is good but you are supposed to be always on the move. Hit enemies and when you get hit dodge out en go back in. So make sure your damage output is good so you do as much damage as possible in the amount of time you are on a enemy. And i have full masterwork and my survivability is already pretty good for GM1.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I have a feeling the armor is still in development. Or possibly they want us to use our easy to get early game coins on the emotes and the like so we spend money on the armor.
Cynical but no doubt true! I was hoarding mine, then I got a vinyl that looked better on certain pieces I didn't have, grabbed a few emotes, and before you know it I can't afford 2 armour sets anymore (if they ever become available lol).

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017

Where was that team before the game launched in this state? We got a rumor a few months ago that said the game was a mess and would be delayed and it looks like they just didn't delay it but they knew it was a hot mess. The gameplay is so fun which is why the outcome of the game is disappointing. They could've had something really special with this, but because it was rushed I don't know if it will ever be what they wanted it to.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Where was that team before the game launched in this state? We got a rumor a few months ago that said the game was a mess and would be delayed and it looks like they just didn't delay it but they knew it was a hot mess. The gameplay is so fun which is why the outcome of the game is disappointing. They could've had something really special with this, but because it was rushed I don't know if it will ever be what they wanted it to.

IMHO they spent a large amount of time getting the Javelins designed well, the game mechanics, shooting and especially the flying on point and the gorgeous visuals. I think that is what took most of the dev time for the game and content was something they worked on of course but just couldn't get everything in that they wanted. I think it was pushed out "as is" because of reasons. Game definitely needed at least 6 months in the oven before being released.

I am really enjoying the game, probably about 70% through the story. I spend a lot of time just doing freeplay to the point where the Tomb's came into play I already had everything done and was no issue. I love the visuals and the mechanics of the game. Story and characters have been fantastic. For me, right now is armor pieces, more cosmetics, icons on the map and of course bug fixes and performance improvements. I know the content will come, but some of these QOL things need to come quickly.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I realized I'd missed some sidequest lines last night. There was no map indicator for me to go talk to Brin and she had an agent contract waiting for me when I randomly checked and that led to a series of agent and regular contracts.

Seems sort of the same happened with Mathias as I had a contract in my journal that didn't show up on the mission map until I tracked it. Working on that line now. Mathias has been glitched for a while for me and my buddy in that it shows the regular NPC chat bubble on the map, but they have nothing to say when you get there. I've had that with Freelancer Jani for a while now too.

I thought to go talk to Brin manually as I hadn't gotten legendary contracts from anyone but Yarrow. I guess not completing those questlines due to lack of contract markers was why.

Yeah, it's weird, I find the expedition launch screen is also bad at this. Often the Tracked Mission button won't show that you have anything to do (or it'll show a Stronghold/freeplay mission for some reason), even though you have agent or contract missions saved up. That plus the people disappearing from the Fort Tarsis map make it really easy to forget about missions you picked up a while ago just because you happened to also pick up a few other missions at the same time and finished the other ones first.

I'm actually not sure why they changed the UI so that the map screen with the expedition settings isn't the first thing to show up anymore. Maybe Bioware decided people were getting confused about how to switch missions and made that new screen with the different activities on it. Could use some tweaking.

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
Fed up of wasting consumables by hitting the floor in the strongholds and getting immediately kicked. 5 times today I have been kicked back to the fort losing 15 epic embers each time. It's easily replaced but it's just wasting so much damn time. Let up equip them once were in the stronghold, it's not like that would give any advantage over equipping them before hand!!

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
I've absolutely had it with this game, I want to like this game, I like the gameplay and really want to keep playing this but its just so broken. I played for a few hours this morning and I've done nothing but reset the game due to things breaking constantly. Tarsis won't even load today and I've fallen through the floor I dunno how many times. I was just fighting a Colossus use my special and the camera spins suddenly and the game literally inverts my HUD. When Interceptor uses their special the screen goes slightly yellow, well my screen stayed yellow and I lost all my HUD so I waitied for it to fill and hoped using it again would fix it but nope my HUD came back and things went to normal when I was using my special and then reverts back like how does a game just reverse the entire HUD. The game shut off on me twice yesterday, I play on an OG PS4 (mostly a PC gamer) and nothing loads ever, sitting there taking mass amounts of damage only to have 40 guys instanty spawn out of nowhere or spawn and then completely disappear altogether and just go away, the rubber banding and lag is atrocious and I can sit here an keep listing bugs and game breaking stuff I've experienced since launch. I really do enjoy this game based on what I've played so far (about 15 hours or so) but it's like constant bugs and constant resetting the game makes it not even worth it. I really wish I could return this game because honestly there is so much stuff they need to fix I can't see it happening anytime soon, it's frustrating when you just wanna enjoy the game.

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Who would have thought that in 2019 we'd be playing an EA game, with piles of currency but nothing to spend it on?

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Finished Tomb of General Tarsis last night and dinged Level 30. Not 100% sure what to do in my single player time right now. I'm waiting on my co-op buddies for the next critical mission. Still loving the game quite a lot (around the bugs :( ). Hope the game keeps going strong despite the negativity (a lot deservedly so) around it.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, I can see why people don't think the Interceptor is hard to play at hard+. Just had a team of three ints, along with my Colossus. One guy died and then quit, and I spent 99% of the stronghold reviving the others. You can tell that people are struggling with the int, when my Colossus is doing more melee than them lol.

Still, it got me the mw grenade launcher, Insult and Injury...

Also, the taunt doesn't seem to be working for me, or the rest are drawing way way more aggro.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Fuck, I can see why people don't think the Interceptor is hard to play at hard+. Just had a team of three ints, along with my Colossus. One guy died and then quit, and I spent 99% of the stronghold reviving the others. You can tell that people are struggling with the int, when my Colossus is doing more melee than them lol.

Still, it got me the mw grenade launcher, Insult and Injury...

As some who played mostly interceptor till endgame that is the issue. My melee attacks are puny and as such I'm better taking a colossus. I tried a storm and died 1/10th of the time with really zero downside.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
As some who played mostly interceptor till endgame that is the issue. My melee attacks are puny and as such I'm better taking a colossus. I tried a storm and died 1/10th of the time with really zero downside.

Right now there is no reason to take an interceptor over any of the other classes .

Not true imo. I main an int at gm1, and my melee, when it comes to ult, is insane. I wouldn't trade my int for any other.