• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Shogeki

Banned
Oct 15, 2018
So I've sunk 50 hours into this game (not including the demo) and today I only found by accident that jumping and then clicking the right thumbstick makes your javelin hover, this game desperately needs a better tutorial, or at the very least have tips displayed during the loading screens.
Hahahahahaha it didn't take me 50 hours but it definitely took me a few days to figure that out.

Also all the people saying storm easier than ranger are crazy to me. I've mained storm since the demo and I just tried ranger recently. You are so much beefier as ranger it's not even funny. I was just running head first into groups with a poppa pump and surviving. Something I could never do on my storm, even with better gear. Ranger seems pretty face roll to me. As storm I have to actually worry about surviving. Maybe I just suck though, I also seem to be one of the only people here who rather use guns on interceptor. Pistol and shotty over melee all day. ;D

betawaychill

Jun 6, 2018
So is there any use for the non primer/detonator abilities?

As far as i hear everybody goes for combo builds using primers and detonators and i'm unsure what to think of them.

I guess im wondering if they are viable.
They typically do more raw damage, and if you get one that has decent inscriptions it may be better than doing combo damage. But who can say, really, when we can't even compare builds since there's no way to see how something will effect our overall dps etc. (A character sheet would be nice)

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
So is it only 2, I couldn't do a Purple, Blue, and a Green?
I don't believe so. Everything Epic and lower are all named the same, just with different "rarity". MW items all have unique names, so they're technically "different" even though they have the same function. I have no idea if it also works with Legendary components, I have not had one dropped that was the same as a MW and the same as an Epic component to test it.

But regardless, you're gimping yourself with armor and shields if you take an Epic instead of a MW/Legendary, so it would mostly be for funsies in GM1 than really going for harder content.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
o
I don't believe so. Everything Epic and lower are all named the same, just with different "rarity". MW items all have unique names, so they're technically "different" even though they have the same function. I have no idea if it also works with Legendary components, I have not had one dropped that was the same as a MW and the same as an Epic component to test it.
ok. I understand now.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wow, I knew it was bad, but didnt know it was this bad.

Man. Mine did this right as I was loading back to the main menu of Anthem. Locked my whole PS4 up and then the screen went black. Controller wouldn't respond, so I had to hold the power button on the front to get my PS4 to restart. Didn't seem to have any lasting effect on my PS4 Pro but shit...this makes me worried now.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Health Bug still happen? Some missions my health bar has multiple pips, and others it only has 2 pips? IS that just a graphical error, or does my health actually go down in those situations?

I'm wondering the same thing. At times I have what looks like 50 little small sections in my health bar, but then in my next missions it's down to like 5. What's this about?

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
LMAO, perfect timing.

D01WnUwXQAA7WID.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
trying so hard to hit 30 before I have to go to work lol. Done like 3 missions on hard with other people and still havent gotten enough XP to hit 30 from 29

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I was fine with shutting down but completely bricking a console is another issue, probably won't bother now until this problem is officially fixed.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
I had so much rubberbanding it was insane, till somebody gave me the tip to clear the mac adress on xbox one X. After that it ran butter smooth. I can't remember if the same option is available for ps4 pro. But then again i never had these issues on my ps4.
Interesting. Seems its permanent on ps4. We've tried everything, uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing cache, clearing game data, uninstalling betas/alphas, rebuilding database, restarting routers, changing cables.

These issues are server side.

Don't get me wrong. We love the game. Wouldn't even bother if we didn't. But saying 'ive never experienced' issues isn't helping anyone.

Last edited:

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Yea my PS4 Pro shut down too last night, unbelievable what Bioware did with this game. EA will definitely cut Anthem loose for all the problems no way Bioware can recover Anthem with all the issues the game has... I love the gameplay but this is unacceptable
Tried to get a refund from Sony, they are sooooo sorry but policies.....

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Only as far as having certain enemies that seem to have a higher chance to drop stuff maybe. For the overall time investment and effort though, not at all.

Yep. That's a common gripe with the current end game. The 2nd two strong holds are harder and take longer and the loot drops aren't more frequent enough or better odds of great stuff dropping to make it worth doing them vs. just running Tyrant Mine over and over since it's faster and easier.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I started a second character, what is wrong with me.

I love that it's actually fun and easier to do in this game than in Destiny. It's much better just switching Javelins than having entirely separate characters you have to level up in Destiny IMO. Especially since you can equip weapons across loadouts vs. needing to move inventory to different characters. Makes it so you can just hit 30 and then swap between Javelin's and go farming for class specific gear. Vs. Destiny where you have to hit max level, hit the soft cap etc. on all characters before you can endgame farm--and then still have to hassle with passing your best guns back and forth through the vault.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
What's a good build for Storm at GM1? Been using Stasis Chain that I really like but I just got Ten Thousand Sun which is tempting.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What are the consumable things you get for hitting level 30?

EDIT: Nvm, its just another consumable slot lol.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
What's a good build for Storm at GM1? Been using Stasis Chain that I really like but I just got Ten Thousand Sun which is tempting.
That and Winter's Wrath work well. Freeze stuff, combo with the fire ball. I got great rolls on my legendary ten thousand suns and rolled a few Winter's Wrath to get a good one that complemented other things. Amulet of Winter, Mark of Ruin, Mark of Wrath, Token of the Master & Pupil, get some of those with nice rolls to complement and it's all super easy mode, never run out of fireballs they charge back up too quick. Not sure if Winter's got nerfed as it doesn't seem to charge up nearly as quickly today, but I swapped some weapons around and probably lost a good buff somewhere trying to max luck and drop rate.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
100 hours now and 90% luck and still no legendary. Oke one more run and im gonna quit this game for a while. These droprates are ridicilous, never seen a game with such terrible droprates.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I've said it before but Anthem badly needs a stat page. I keep using items with bonus stats for armor (must be around at least +150 extra armor), and I don't even know whether it's a waste. Same with gear recharge speed.

Have to now choose between the Thunderbolt of Yvenia (power 43), for the 33% chance electrical + 75 max armor, or Ralner's Blaze (45), with guranteed setting on fire with five shot hit streak + Armor 12+ Max and Armor +75 Max. Only thing I don't know is whether fire shreds shields, and if it does, whether it's as damaging as electricity.

Also, love.my cryo glaive freezing everything (w/o shields), but Serpent's Veil is mw venom bomb, and increases acid damage by 100 on melee defeat.

Fuck, I hate choices lol!!!

Last edited:

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I've said it before but Anthem badly needs a stat page. I keep using items with bonus stats for armor (must be around at least +150 extra armor), and I don't even know whether it's a waste. Same with gear recharge speed.

Have to now choose between the Thunderbolt of Yvenia (power 43), for the 33% chance electrical + 75 max armor, or Ralner's Blaze (45), with guranteed setting on fire with five shot hit streak + Armor 12+ Max and Armor +75 Max. Only thing I don't know is whether fire shreds shields, and if it does, whether it's as damaging as electricity.

I agree and supposedly it will come "eventually". So many things with the game that is half baked or just not here. I'm enjoying the game play and taking my time with it but if I was trying to hardcore grind I think I would be done by now.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm not a huge fan of Angry Joe's style of reviews, but goddamn he hits the nail on its head perfectly with his Anthem video. Not only regarding the obvious things everyone complains about, but a lot of other tiny annoyances. (Except the "roadblock" part, that never bothered me)

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
If your only purpose even in late is hoping for legendaries I really would set expectations low. The rolls can still be god awful, I've got 5 so far and they're all just terrible. I don't even get excited for one to drop if it does come.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Dropped my first Masterwork last night as a lvl 28, maybe 3 full crashes the entire time i've been playing since launch and no rubber banding or other annoying horse shit. Taking my time through the story and progression. Will hit 30 tonight and then it's farm city. Still enjoying it quite a bit... it's weird being in this place sometimes with games. Where i'm having fun and enjoying what's there and staying super pulled in while it seems the world at large is just completely over it.

Hope they keep pushing through this next year for updates. Colossus with the firewall mortar on Tyrant Mine is fuuuuuuckin slick. Loving it so far..

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I agree and supposedly it will come "eventually". So many things with the game that is half baked or just not here. I'm enjoying the game play and taking my time with it but if I was trying to hardcore grind I think I would be done by now.

Yeah I've always avoided hardcore grinding in games like Destiny and this. I just play the end game stuff until I stop having fun and then come back when I get an itch to play more and/or there's a new expansion or special event that draws me back. Keeps frustration and burnout to a minimum. I'm still over 300 hours in the two Destiny games, so I still more than get my money's worth.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone actually crafting level 36 items, to try and roll useful bonus stats, or just using the ones they have, in hope of getting mw items? I'm possibly considering it but not sure if it's a waste of resources...

I did actually to get the perks that worked for my playstyle. Then I just play Tyrant Mine replacing components and weapons with MW/legendary ones.

It didn't take long to keep crafting but your mileage might vary of course.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
"unleash destruction" ;-)

holy shit, this game can´t catch a break

YouTube videos on Anthem News get tens of thousands of views, it's not going to stop anytime soon.

I'm having a good time with a couple friends playing it but goddamn... Sometimes it just beaks and we just can't play at all.