• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
A certain heavy pistol won't pop for me so I can't create blueprints for it. Kind of infuriating since it is the only weapon I haven't done anything with.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah fair enough, was just hoping for a slightly longer crit path in the base game, but it seems like there's plenty of side stuff to do.
I'm not sure if others just straight plowed through the main missions, but I've been playing on and off since launch (mostly due to being busy), playing an hour or two here and there, several hours over the weekends and I'm level 17 now and still not finished with the campaign. Probably have about 20 hours in the game so far.

Pretty sure I'm getting close to the "end" but perhaps with my playstyle, it has felt decently lengthy. I've been doing all side missions and contracts in between critical story missions, talking to every NPC, reading Cortex entries, doing a bit of freeplay, Tyrant Mine, etc. Just taking my time really. Even if it ends within the next hour or two, I feel like I've gotten a good amount of story so far personally.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I really want to try out the other 3 Javelins, but no one I play with wants to take over Colossus duty, and the game would damn near be impossible to get through with out one. The only attack I'm really afraid of is the Titan's chest beam. I spend most my time with my shield out reviving everyone.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
ps4 pro
1gig Internet speed

Lag/rubber banding every session
Unknown Error multiple times every session
Unable to upload user data every session
Unable to connect to Anthem servers every session
Kicked from strongholds every session
Kicked during reward screen every session

In PC is the same, so you're not alone.

They must improves the loot, the reward is disgusting with white, greens and blue on GM1

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to try out the other 3 Javelins, but no one I play with wants to take over Colossus duty, and the game would damn near be impossible to get through with out one. The only attack I'm really afraid of is the Titan's chest beam. I spend most my time with my shield out reviving everyone.
The chest beam is really heavily telegraphed and unlike some of the other attacks seems to respect cover properly. Now when I see that coming I just dive behind cover even as a colossus because it can melt through the shield pretty quickly.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
The chest beam is really heavily telegraphed and unlike some of the other attacks seems to respect cover properly. Now when I see that coming I just dive behind cover even as a colossus because it can melt through the shield pretty quickly.
Yeah its the only thing I have to hide from, every thing else I pull my shield out for. I like too that if I'm on fire I can pull my shield out and then the damage stops ticking off my health and then ticks of the shield instead.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish you could use the terrain to hide from the Ass Titan (Yeah, Ass) attacks. Probably one of the worst designed bosses in a game I've played in a long time. Even if you hit a dodge perfectly half the time you still take damage from those stupid fucking orbs.

As a Storm, one wrong move and I'm dead for the next hour as I try to get revived and dodge the waves, balls and monsters.

Oh yeah and I guess I'm supposed to find time to shoot it?

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I'm not sure if others just straight plowed through the main missions, but I've been playing on and off since launch (mostly due to being busy), playing an hour or two here and there, several hours over the weekends and I'm level 17 now and still not finished with the campaign. Probably have about 20 hours in the game so far.

Pretty sure I'm getting close to the "end" but perhaps with my playstyle, it has felt decently lengthy. I've been doing all side missions and contracts in between critical story missions, talking to every NPC, reading Cortex entries, doing a bit of freeplay, Tyrant Mine, etc. Just taking my time really. Even if it ends within the next hour or two, I feel like I've gotten a good amount of story so far personally.
Exactly the same experience as me. Been playing the game very passively but I think folks who have issues are probably in deeper than you and I are. I have a feeling we too will eventually reach end game and that's when our opinions might change. For better or worse though, due to the way I've been playing the game, I've been having a blast and my money has been justified thus far.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking right in the middle of Tyrant's mine, connection problem. Restarted itself twice.

Edit: when I finally managed to rejoin the session, the fucking sound cut out, smh...

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure if it's network issues or what, but the game just never feels solid to me. I have a great connection and all other games play like a dream, but Anthem always plays like it's a half-step out of sync.

There's no obvious rubber banding or jumping about, but it's always weird little things, like someone I was previously shooting a second ago just inexplicably dying even though I'd moved on to a higher priority target, or it always being unclear if I'd actually scooped up loot or other pickups. The game just seems off, which is a pity as I otherwise actually quite like it.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe you just haven't really played much. But for gods sake don't downplay this shit.
Who is downplaying anything? If people are saying they've have a relative smooth ride, that's just as valid a comment on experience as yours, no matter how many hours they put in.

Lag and rubber banding every session though on ps4 pro, that's not something I've seen reported too often at all. Personally I've only seen it a few times in the demo, maybe once in the release game (probably not, more likely confusing with the PC version I player the demo for 10 hours and saw it a bit there on my spud). I've clocked waaaay over 100 hours so far.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I had more hard crashes playing the Division 2 demo for an hour then I have had on Anthem in weeks on my Xbox one X. That PS4 pro crash bug is scary, mine sounds like a fucking lawn mower playing D2 can just imagine a game pushing it a bit further and killing it.
Same here. I stopped playing Division 2 after an hour or two it was so busted, but I've had Anthem bugs/fuckups I can count on one hand after playing all through early access.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
ps4 pro
1gig Internet speed

Unknown Error multiple times every session
Unable to upload user data every session
Unable to connect to Anthem servers every session
Kicked from strongholds every session
Kicked during reward screen every session
Game blue screen hard crash for every player on the team at least 7 times since launch

These are just a few of the regular bugs my group of 4 have experienced every night since launch of game, all of us on Ps4pro.. Not to mention the interesting things that have happened when the game is allowing us to play for extended periods of time, never ending enemies, bosses healing to full, 0 damage to certain enemies, swimming while not in water so you can't use weapons or powers, killing ourselves regularly in hopes it will open a door to progress, just to name a few.

We've played a considerable amount of time since launch, so it's a little hard to believe when some people report 'I have no issues' or 'the net code is amazing' lolol

Maybe you just haven't really played much. But for gods sake don't downplay this shit.

I had so much rubberbanding it was insane, till somebody gave me the tip to clear the mac adress on xbox one X. After that it ran butter smooth. I can't remember if the same option is available for ps4 pro. But then again i never had these issues on my ps4.

Oct 30, 2017

Ive mostly been doing the same thing, but I've only ran tyrant mine twice, and very little free play. I'm lvl 20 almost 21 and I still haven't finished the story. I still haven't done the Mathius manifold mission yet (not sure where that is in the story). I play a few hours a day so yeah it's been a pretty full experience just with the story so far which has now just been over a week.

I'm finding I want to finish up so I can start collecting some master works lol.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, correct me if my interpretation is wrong here but are you ejecting the disc which in turn causes it to hard crash? Because my first thought is, why are you ejecting the disc?

Erm... because I've finished playing the game and want to play something else? Like I do with every other non-digital game I own.
The playstation is showing the dashboard and there is no disc/disk activity at the time, so it should be safe to eject. The game was at the mission select or forge screen, doing nothing.
It's not like I'm hitting eject mid-game during a save or loading screen or while it's trying to perform the game-boot disc check - though frankly that shouldn't hard-crash the playstation either.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Erm... because I've finished playing the game and want to play something else? Like I do with every other non-digital game I own.
The playstation is showing the dashboard and there is no disc/disk activity at the time, so it should be safe to eject. The game was at the mission select or forge screen, doing nothing.
It's not like I'm hitting eject mid-game during a save or loading screen or while it's trying to perform the game-boot disc check - though frankly that shouldn't hard-crash the playstation either.

Ugh, this makes my skin crawl. Why don't you exit out of the game before ejecting the disc? If not by using the proper in-game menu option, at least by going to the dashboard and using the PS4 menu option?

paddyk84

Banned
Jan 31, 2019

I'm probably a simiar play style to you. I've put 15 hours in the game and am only level 11 and only just unlocked strongholds. Really loving the game and enjoying taking my time, it's just that the cutscenes are so good I wish there was more of a campaign.

Hopefully the storyline will continue and we'll get decent sized chunks of it as time goes on.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone actually crafting level 36 items, to try and roll useful bonus stats, or just using the ones they have, in hope of getting mw items? I'm possibly considering it but not sure if it's a waste of resources...

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I ran my first GM1 difficulty stuff last night. Did the legendary contract first, thst was pretty rough. I was around 411 power and my Storm was getting one shotted left and right. The two randoms with us went down a lot too (one was really bad). My buddy was a bit higher level and mostly carried us with a lot of revives and getting the objectives at the downed strider done.

Then we did the Tyrant mine, I was at 430 something then as I got some good drops (had +60 luck on gear) from the contract. That went smoother. Still got one shotted a few times on the first two sections, but fine thereafter. The boss is piss easy as Storm since you can just hover and not be in range of many attacks.

I'm at 440 something now, but need to see if I like the build as it's my first electric-focused one as I got two masterwork electric attacks (neither is a primer or detonator) and some electric boosting components. There are so many shielded enemies who get their shields back up fast that I'm hoping those electric attacks will help deal with. I've been mostly rocking ice storm and burning orb so I have no sense of how I'll like those electric attacks though. Also got a machine pistol as my first legendary.

In any case, I'm liking the endgame so far as masterworks are dropping at a nice rate for us so far. It's definitely thin on content as as all we have currently is the daily legendary contract from Yarrow, the strongholds, free roam and the regular contract from Yarrow. And that checklist Legionnaire quest of course. But I'm still loving the combat enough that I want to keep playing. I need to work on getting my other Javelin leveled up as they're all low to mid 300s. I'll probably focus on colossus first as I'd like to have a tank for stuff like that legendary contract where my glass cannon Storm gets one or two shotted so easily.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone actually crafting level 36 items, to try and roll useful bonus stats, or just using the ones they have, in hope of getting mw items? I'm possibly considering it but not sure if it's a waste of resources...

I got a full set of masterwork in no time, so I never bothered to craft epic items. The only exception being the support slot, which I did re-roll a few times to get something semi-decent.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Does this game crash for you guys? It crashed my system it completely shut down my PS4. and crashed. Does anyone know if there's a fix coming? I'm scared to play in fear of damaging my system and losing all my loot with these crashes.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I need to work on getting my other Javelin leveled up as they're all low to mid 300s. I'll probably focus on colossus first as I'd like to have a tank for stuff like that legendary contract where my glass cannon Storm gets one or two shotted so easily.

I was supposed to have started my Colossus by now, but can't stop playing my Interceptor. People that thought it would suffer at gm1 were wrong.

I got a full set of masterwork in no time, so I never bothered to craft epic items. The only exception being the support slot, which I did re-roll a few times to get something semi-decent.

Mostly from strongholds?

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game crash for you guys? It crashed my system it completely shut down my PS4. and crashed. Does anyone know if there's a fix coming? I'm scared to play in fear of damaging my system and losing all my loot with these crashes.
It happened to me for the first time this weekend it scared the shit out of me I thought my console was completely broken. It seems to be a pretty common problem if you check this thread and the Reddit thread. I was talking to my friend, who is an attorney, about how broken this game was, he told me not to be surprised if someone files a class action again Bioware and EA.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same here. I stopped playing Division 2 after an hour or two it was so busted, but I've had Anthem bugs/fuckups I can count on one hand after playing all through early access.

Was this during the closed beta? I played the open beta for like 6 hours yesterday and the only bug I had was a spot where my character model wouldn't load in the menus.

Although I have only had a few problem with Anthem in like 20 hours also so maybe I'm just getting really lucky?

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
Any way to get on to the discord? I followed link in OP and it went nowhere. I am tired of running strongholds alone with people who have not worked out how to stand in a giant green circle!

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Almost entirely, yeah. Besides the daily legendary variant, contracts are only worth it for faction gain or testing a new build.

I did get a few through legendary contracts, and one through a mw1 normal contract, but they weren't stuff that I use.

One thing I have started getting, is alot of gear for other javelins. Didn't get many before, and they are mostly epic drops.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Burn them. Those resources aren't worth anything soon other than crafting per-mission buff items and you'll always have way more than you'll ever need.

I had nearly 250 MW embers and ripped through half of them to get a decent floaty pistol roll, that was a few days ago, I've probably got just as many again now. You drown in these things soon enough.

Dang. I didn't realize luck didn't kick in until you were at 101 luck or higher. Was wasting slots with just two +30 luck components equipped.

https://gamerant.com/anthem-how-luck-work/

You character has luck 100 if you don't have a single luck buff roll on any item, not zero.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I crafted a +Harvest set (or rather, filled in gaps for parts that didn't have +Harvest already) so that I can just casually fly around in GM1 freeplay and harvest 4 embers at a time from nodes.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Burn them. Those resources aren't worth anything soon other than crafting per-mission buff items and you'll always have way more than you'll ever need.

I had nearly 250 MW embers and ripped through half of them to get a decent floaty pistol roll, that was a few days ago, I've probably got just as many again now. You drown in these things soon enough.

I'm having to do freeplay to farm for epics, because I keep running out. When will I start drowning lol ?!?

I crafted a +Harvest set (or rather, filled in gaps for parts that didn't have +Harvest already) so that I can just casually fly around in GM1 freeplay and harvest 4 embers at a time from nodes.

Yep, that's something I was thinking of too.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Rng slimed upon me, got a MW auto cannon with the 100 dmg/ammo thing and it's a good roll as well. Now just to get something with a good roll to fill the other slot becuase I will never swap guns lol.