• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I've been using EA Access to play the game this week. I like it?

It has *real* issues and is far too baren at this point. The mission structure is lacking, the story is fine. The open roam public events are really fun.

It feels like it has a lot of destiny's early release issues without the solid PVP to fill the gap and a worse moment to moment play. It needs end-game, it needs more to do. But the Javelins are SUPER fun and the world and exploration are way good.

It has a base to build on that is solid. Hopefully in 6 months the content diversity will be there to support the world.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So i'm doing a Legendary Contract for Yarrow and it's really slow in updating the objective until eventually it stopped updating altogether and i can't progress. Is there anything I can do?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Does anyone find Storm a bit boring? Don't get me wrong I love how flashy it is and the damage it can do but I feel like all I do is hover high in the sky pressing L1 for Ice Storm followed up by R1 fire blast ad nauseam. I just unlocked the Colossus as my 3rd Javelin and geared it up a bit and am loving it. Right up in the face of the action, big ass guns, cool ass ult and I'm literally a hulkbuster running through enemies. Does anyone know the go to abilities for the Colossus? Like for Storm the combo seems to be Ice storm into Fire blast (or whatever its called). Is there a Colossus equivalent of that? So far I'm using flamethrower into the electric charge for combos.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Does anyone find Storm a bit boring? Don't get me wrong I love how flashy it is and the damage it can do but I feel like all I do is hover high in the sky pressing L1 for Ice Storm followed up by R1 fire blast ad nauseam. I just unlocked the Colossus as my 3rd Javelin and geared it up a bit and am loving it. Right up in the face of the action, big ass guns, cool ass ult and I'm literally a hulkbuster running through enemies. Does anyone know the go to abilities for the Colossus? Like for Storm the combo seems to be Ice storm into Fire blast (or whatever its called). Is there a Colossus equivalent of that? So far I'm using flamethrower into the electric charge for combos.
It gets different for storm at GM1 and above (I imagine it's different for all classes at max but I can only speak from my exp w/ storm).

It's certainly similar, but you can't just float in the air and nuke half the time, you have to pick and choose and strategically float (keep an even level with some cover but still mantaining floating state). You can melt pretty quickly just floating, making yourself a target for snipers and even grunts with automatic weapons if they are close enough. Once you get masterworks you actually tend to play differently to maximize the MW perks, and I've enjoyed trying out different builds. There isn't a definitive storm build (yet), which is nice since it encourages experimentation.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
So i'm doing a Legendary Contract for Yarrow and it's really slow in updating the objective until eventually it stopped updating altogether and i can't progress. Is there anything I can do?
It sounds stupid, but try having everyone drown themselves. If you all die it might reset the mission

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone crashing on PC after last update? I can't finish even a single contract without dumping to desktop :/

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone have any legendary contracts I can join them on? Trying to get this last Ranger masterwork component I need and have been consistently unlucky with its droprate.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. You all listen to this "Street Prophet" just down the stairs from Brin? He said a lot of stuff that I feel like a random person on the street wouldn't know, including about
Owen's betrayal
. Just kinda neat/interesting.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The game just restarted my PS4 pro from quitting the app after returning to the title screen...

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Thanks to earlier advice I am drowning in Masterworks now. I am still confused on the most effective way to get Legendary items. I keep reading people getting the most luck with trash mobs in freeplay. Others say the trash mobs in Tyrant Mines. What should I focus more on Mines or freeplay?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. You all listen to this "Street Prophet" just down the stairs from Brin? He said a lot of stuff that I feel like a random person on the street wouldn't know, including about
Owen's betrayal
. Just kinda neat/interesting.
Yeah I feel like there's more to him than they're letting on. It's hard to say though.

If you read the letters he sends he admits he's basically putting on an act, though he's still a huge conspiracy theorist.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Any advice on the Crafting of the Dawn Shield mission? Supposed to get Corium from Titans or Escari, but I've killed multiple Escari and a Titan, and have only found regular items from them

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to earlier advice I am drowning in Masterworks now. I am still confused on the most effective way to get Legendary items. I keep reading people getting the most luck with trash mobs in freeplay. Others say the trash mobs in Tyrant Mines. What should I focus more on Mines or freeplay?

Legendaries no matter what are always going to be really rare. Just do what you find the most enjoyable.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the side stories are really well done and the facial animations and voice acting has been really good. I know some bypassed a lot of these but it really fleshes out the story and the game. I really liked the one with the old lady that lost her son. Really well done. Had zero issues today on "X" even the rubber banding was non existent.

Do we know when the next big patch will be?

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the side stories are really well done and the facial animations and voice acting has been really good. I know some bypassed a lot of these but it really fleshes out the story and the game. I really liked the one with the old lady that lost her son. Really well done. Had zero issues today on "X" even the rubber banding was non existent.

Do we know when the next big patch will be?

They've been saying around March 12th

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

I agree! I've been really taken aback by some of the production value of Tarsis sometimes... it's very impressive! Although it's less impressive how uninteresting Tarsis becomes after a while... I wish they'd make a mission browser and make different environments instead of Tarsis. As of now it's just a pointless walking menu...

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I agree! I've been really taken aback by some of the production value of Tarsis sometimes... it's very impressive! Although it's less impressive how uninteresting Tarsis becomes after a while... I wish they'd make a mission browser and make different environments instead of Tarsis. As of now it's just a pointless walking menu...

I agree. It would be great if you get a mission on Tarsis that mentions another city that has been hidden for ages that was discovered and they need help to rebuild it. It could have all new missions, a different layout and visual style etc. Have NPC's that give out random missions etc.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Anyone else experiencing connection problems?

The game kicked me 30min ago and haven't been able to get back in :/

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
What was the advice you got, if you don't mind sharing?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I went from 400 to 450 in a night (2-3 hours). I got like 4-5 MW from my first Tyrant run on Hard alone. Blessed RNG.

Drop rate seems fine for those levels. It seems like legendary gear is the real unicorn here, as well as their affixed.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
The game just restarted my PS4 pro from quitting the app after returning to the title screen...
I had to do my first hard reset from the game where it turned off my PS4 Pro and it refused to come back on. Performance had gotten much worse for me the past few days.

Last edited:

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish Freeplay displayed the location of world events or other interesting shit on the map. It's pretty much bullshit that you have to just fly around and hope to come across some shit. Absurd - the lack of 'stuff to do' is akin to any number of no-name Early Access titles, not a AAA Bioware masterpiece. Fuck.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish Freeplay displayed the location of world events or other interesting shit on the map. It's pretty much bullshit that you have to just fly around and hope to come across some shit. Absurd - the lack of 'stuff to do' is akin to any number of no-name Early Access titles, not a AAA Bioware masterpiece. Fuck.

This is one of the most asked/talked about feature everyone wishes they could add. The issue with free play is that the map is so big and only 4 people per instance. They cant add more people because I don't believe the engine could handle 8 players, enemies and all effects going off and honestly it would just mayhem and with all the effects and specials going off you would not know what the hell is going on.

The only real fix is to add a icon to the map when a World Event begins or when a player comes across one they can ping it so the other 3 on the server can see it. The challenge is that they cant have more than one world event happening at the same since that would fragment the goal of getting the other 3 to join you to take on the event. I am sure that BioWare can come up with something that would address this, it is just a matter of when imho. It would be great if an alert came up that told you about the event and then give you a button to press to join the event. Due to map size it would take a while to get to it if the event is on the opposite side of the map. The balance is that if they added this they would need to spread out the events so they don't repeat and not let people just farm events for drops. Perhaps a world event once per hour and maybe smaller events that are more solo doable.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also +1 for the characters in Tarsis. Most actually have interesting stories. I know some impact the look of Tarsis (though I don't know if the branching dialogue paths actually change things though.

It's just a shame they weren't better integrated into the story more. I mean I don't know if we need a quest for "find the body of this woman's long lost daughter" but something other than just being dialogue would be nice.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
That sounded like you landed a combo??

Honestly not sure why he chose to use that particular video since the Storm's ultimate really is messing up the demonstration. You can see though where before the initial ultimate blast hits, they use Stasis Chain to wipe out a few of the frozen enemies. A better demonstration would be on one of the Hunters, an Elementalist or whatever those Ape looking things that have guns on their backs are. Shielded enemies are the most annoying enemies in the game, and even though Thunderbolt of Yvenia is a great weapon for removing shields, it's still nowhere near as fast.

Winter's Wrath + Ten Thousand Suns (Burning Orb) is still technically more powerful, but it's also slower. It's also way worse at killing shielded enemies. Winter's Wrath is great for controlling large crowds of trash, and even the bulldozer flamethrower enemies, but for the most damage in the shortest amount of time, I think Stasis Chain and Venomous Blast is likely the fastest, and neither primes or detonates. Venomous Blast though has the benefit of not only doing a lot of damage quickly, it also adds a debuff after that causes the enemies to take even more damage.

Extra charge is the worst right now, since if you have one charge up to use while the 2nd is on CD, using the ability resets the entire timer down to 0 with no charges available, not sure if it's a bug or not, but it's a mostly useless roll.

I have a MW one with 2 charges and it's basically just "you have 2 charges to start the encounter." Completely wasted unless it's a bug that will be fixed.

It works just like all of the other abilities that have multiple uses doesn't it? I currently only have Ponder Infinity with an extra charge (I don't use the skill), and I didn't find it to be useless, but you basically had to use the charges back to back to get the full benefit from it.

B5-C3-BF3-E-9-E0-A-4-EC5-9-FEF-0-ED73-C3-BCCD6.jpg

:p

Mine's only 175% :(

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Personally, I love when all of my sound goes out. It's my favorite thing.

Lmao

I'm sorry. Was just talking to my friend about that earlier because both of us were hit by it too . He'd relaunch his game to get it back then it'd happen to me. We were trying to figure out how that's even possible for it to happen. Like where in the programming is something going so wrong that the entire sound cuts out? Lol

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not sure why he chose to use that particular video since the Storm's ultimate really is messing up the demonstration. You can see though where before the initial ultimate blast hits, they use Stasis Chain to wipe out a few of the frozen enemies. A better demonstration would be on one of the Hunters, an Elementalist or whatever those Ape looking things that have guns on their backs are. Shielded enemies are the most annoying enemies in the game, and even though Thunderbolt of Yvenia is a great weapon for removing shields, it's still nowhere near as fast.

Winter's Wrath + Ten Thousand Suns (Burning Orb) is still technically more powerful, but it's also slower. It's also way worse at killing shielded enemies. Winter's Wrath is great for controlling large crowds of trash, and even the bulldozer flamethrower enemies, but for the most damage in the shortest amount of time, I think Stasis Chain and Venomous Blast is likely the fastest, and neither primes or detonates. Venomous Blast though has the benefit of not only doing a lot of damage quickly, it also adds a debuff after that causes the enemies to take even more damage.
I tried that build (Blaze + Stasis) and found the cooldowns kinda hurt, I think I'd have to get better specced gear for it

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i just came in here to complain about this. how is this not fixed yet? any known work around?
No workaround that I know of. Happened to me on Xbox X twice since launch, both in different areas. Not much I could probably do as a workaround since I'm on console.

Lmao

I'm sorry. Was just talking to my friend about that earlier because both of us were hit by it too . He'd relaunch his game to get it back then it'd happen to me. We were trying to figure out how that's even possible for it to happen. Like where in the programming is something going so wrong that the entire sound cuts out? Lol

The first time I had it happen it was totally gone. This time it was like it would make a popping sound every few minutes until I restarted the game, like it was trying to come back in but never did. I'd rather have total silence that that loud popping haha. But yeah it should def be fixed by now, super irritating.

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
Personally, I love when all of my sound goes out. It's my favorite thing.

lmao This has been one of my most frequent bugs. That and freezing. My game has been freezing like crazy this past week.

I disabled all the tweaks I made in the Geforce Experience and so far it seems like it's chilled out a bit, so hopefully that's all it was.

Man the performance experience I've had with this game has been a real roller coaster.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I tried that build (Blaze + Stasis) and found the cooldowns kinda hurt, I think I'd have to get better specced gear for it

My Stasis is down to 6s, but in between that, Winter's Wrath, building up stacks of Elemental Rage and then shooting a few shots to maintain the 20 as well as using my sniper doesn't really leave me any free time really. It's almost always up every single time I need it. There's nothing quite like stripping a sniper from across the screen as it's aiming at me, and then sniping it in the face.

Oct 26, 2017
Has there been any word on a patch to stop these crashes. I had a 5 hour play session after day one without a single one but after the last, I can't get an hour of uninterrupted playtime in.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
My Stasis is down to 6s, but in between that, Winter's Wrath, building up stacks of Elemental Rage and then shooting a few shots to maintain the 20 as well as using my sniper doesn't really leave me any free time really. It's almost always up every single time I need it. There's nothing quite like stripping a sniper from across the screen as it's aiming at me, and then sniping it in the face.
Ayy that's my build too. What sniper do you run

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Almost done with the Tomb Trials, but I'm currently 0/3 for repairing Javalins. Gonna go run Tyrant Mines but last time the only person to die was me, so I'm not too optimistic. Anyone wanna friend me and trade off suiciding?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Finally back in the game after Amazon shipped my PC copy (incredibly late as usual).

Just to confirm: if the game boots you out due to connection issues (can't get pilot data or some shit) when you try to end Freeplay, your loot can be recovered but not your XP?

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Wow this game is such horse shit. Second mission in a row where i get an incredibly long loading screen at the end and then get booted back to the fort with no credit. This was the second time I did The Fortress of Dawn and I'm not doing this shit again. I'm done, this is going back tomorrow. Game has too many issues

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this game is such horse shit. Second mission in a row where i get an incredibly long loading screen at the end and then get booted back to the fort with no credit. This was the second time I did The Fortress of Dawn and I'm not doing this shit again. I'm done, this is going back tomorrow. Game has too many issues
This happened to me today but luckily I was able to get back in the game before the ending but I did get stuck on a expedition load screen. It seems like the technical issues have gotten worst as the week has gone on.