• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I asked Tassyn to go lenient on him so he's now a spy for us, but his wife was exiled back to the capital city and she was piiissed lmao.
I picked the same and felt so bad about it. It's the only one I read spoilers on before making my choice because I was so torn, and I still regretted it. Tried to save scum and it didn't work :(

Apparently depending on previous answers you gave, there's a possibility to turn him in and they'll still be together. I was hoping on that and didn't get it lmao.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy wow that looks great!! So where do you find these challenges? I'm in the post story stuff now so I imagine I should be getting to do those soon? I think I'm level 28 or 29 now

It was a limited weekend challenge to kill 4 specific location titans in free play. I'm not sure when/if they'll bring back the challenge.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
how long is it taking people to get to Lvl 30?...I'm still at Lvl 15 after around 6 days...are people just doing the main missions?...I'm spreading it out between main missions, Freeplay and those Fort Tarsis side missions?...should I be concentrating on the main missions until I get to Lvl 30 and then do the rest?...what Lvl are people at after finishing the Main Missions?

Last edited:

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
F I N A L L Y !!!!!!!

C8-CB314-E-3-A27-487-B-9523-E28061-B988-DF.jpg

that's a shitty roll :( lol

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Extra charge is pre good
Extra charge is the worst right now, since if you have one charge up to use while the 2nd is on CD, using the ability resets the entire timer down to 0 with no charges available, not sure if it's a bug or not, but it's a mostly useless roll.

I have a MW one with 2 charges and it's basically just "you have 2 charges to start the encounter." Completely wasted unless it's a bug that will be fixed.

Blablurn

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Whats up with the quest where u need to get corium. Got 1 out of 3 and no story missions. They want me to roam through free play but i havent found a titan yet.

What is dis game design?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, where's the lie?
probably not "real-time" though.
Uz6RV62.png

Real confused here. The whole sentence is the statement. You actually acknowledge that part of it isn't true.

Look, I don't particularly care either way. I cover the industry, I know how hard development is. But if someone has an issue with that presentation versus the final product, that's completely on BioWare.

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Man some dude sold the game used on the PS4 and I bought it for like 30$ almost brand new with no scratches . But I wish I did buy it on PC since it can run this on 2k 60 fps plus everything ultra. The game needs 60 fps .

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Extra charge is the worst right now, since if you have one charge up to use while the 2nd is on CD, using the ability resets the entire timer down to 0 with no charges available, not sure if it's a bug or not, but it's a mostly useless roll.

That doesn't happen for me on my stuff.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I want to caveat this with the note that I am still really enjoying the game. With that said, there are absolutely mind boggling design decisions in this game.

One in particular that was so bad that I couldn't help but laugh at...

STORY SPOILERS:

Before heading into the final mission, Haluk is there standing next to your Javelin. When you talk to him, the game warns you that this is the point of no return... that you already passed because you can't run expeditions, strongholds, or other missions/contracts when you get to that point - nor can you go to the Forge. It just warns you that accepting it prevents you from returning to Ft. Tarsis until it's complete but that's worthless if you can't do the other things.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Since the last update the game won't even launch for me. Anyone else having the same problem? Playing the trial version on PC btw.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Do feel a tad sorry for Bioware lol. Create a new world event that has you travelling the map to find four named Titans and you have to kill them all.

Then Titans turn out to be one of the most hated enemies in the game, and for some in any game.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Just got the infinite loading screen after beating the last "boss" of the game. Not only that but the game wasn't registering enemies on the screen during it. They were invisible but still managed to inflict damage. The prompt to revive teammates also disappeared. What was the reward at the end of the fight before the infinite loading screen? Bunch of common and green items after going through it on hard. Fuck this game.

Rokam

Oct 29, 2017
Spark Dash Masterwork + Dodging = Dmg Increase MW + Devastating Strike MW is hilarious, just constantly zipping around the battlefield. Even able to run the Legendary component that increases my damage taken. How are melee interceptor builds doing in GM2 & 3?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im considering jumping in. Two questions, 1.) despite its flaws is it still a good time to ironman around and explore the world. And can i enjoy this primarily on my own while jumping in with randos
For a few things periodically? And 2.) is this game a good showcase for my xbox one x and oled c8?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Im considering jumping in. Two questions, 1.) despite its flaws is it still a good time to ironman around and explore the world. And can i enjoy this primarily on my own while jumping in with randos
For a few things periodically? And 2.) is this game a good showcase for my xbox one x and oled c8?
1) Depends how much the price is for you. If it's not much of a thing perhaps, but if you can only afford a few games I wouldn't say that Anthem is worth full price at the moment.
2) It's a great looking game, definitely.

It'll be better and cheaper in a months time, and will still look as good. I'd recommend pausing on it unless the price is somewhat meaningless to you.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Well the crazy pain in the ass bugs really got me today. Honestly it was the first time in 20+ hours of playing. 2 game crashes, 1 sound cutting out bug, then one d/c at the end of a mission where I got my first legendary drop. All in the span of less than 2 hours.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1) Depends how much the price is for you. If it's not much of a thing perhaps, but if you can only afford a few games I wouldn't say that Anthem is worth full price at the moment.
2) It's a great looking game, definitely.

It'll be better and cheaper in a months time, and will still look as good. I'd recommend pausing on it unless the price is somewhat meaningless to you.

Thanks, i might wait for it to dip down to 20
Bucks some time this summer then. That at least seems worth the price of admission to fly around and maybe get into the loop

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Hehe we're just messin'. Congrats. Getting Legendaries feels good.
I'm just teasing you. Congrats on the legendary!
From the many colours I saw, I didn't recognize the legendary. When I saw it all I said was: "Holy shit is that an uncommon" *as I approach closer and closer* "No that's a LEGENDARY! Oh no an uncommon! OHHHH GOD YESSSS ITS A LEGENDARY" while all my friends have been getting 1 legendary for 3 consecutive days

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Whats the best way to hit Level 30 and getting some MW? Me and my group (3 of us) are 28 but sitting around Power Level 370, played the whole game on hard.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
That doesn't happen for me on my stuff.
You may not notice it, but that is how all abilities with charges work, that's the functionality they decided on (assuming it isn't a bug which I don't think it is).

As an example, look at his ice storm charges in the video below. He uses it twice and then waits a moment before a third. You can see the CD start after the 2nd time he casts ice storm (it gets roughly half way to a full 2nd charge), but before it can finish charging back up to a full 2 charges, he uses it a 3rd time and the ability resets back to 0 charges and 0 time being passed on the CD timer. (Video should start at 3:23 for right when I'm talking about)

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
From the many colours I saw, I didn't recognize the legendary. When I saw it all I said was: "Holy shit is that an uncommon" *as I approach closer and closer* "No that's a LEGENDARY! Oh no an uncommon! OHHHH GOD YESSSS ITS A LEGENDARY" while all my friends have been getting 1 legendary for 3 consecutive days

I have done that a couple times those legendaries definitely look kinda green sometimes, or maybe I'm just color blind...

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
You may not notice it, but that is how all abilities with charges work, that's the functionality they decided on (assuming it isn't a bug which I don't think it is).

As an example, look at his ice storm charges in the video below. He uses it twice and then waits a moment before a third. You can see the CD start after the 2nd time he casts ice storm (it gets roughly half way to a full 2nd charge), but before it can finish charging back up to a full 2 charges, he uses it a 3rd time and the ability resets back to 0 charges and 0 time being passed on the CD timer. (Video should start at 3:23 for right when I'm talking about)

Oh, yeah, but that's to be expected, no? It's just additional uses and puts it in line with every ability with multiple charges. Still nice to have tbh.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ok, call me crazy, but did the Stronghold boss always guarantee TWO master works. It always guaranteed ONE from day one , but it wouldn't be a visable drop. Since the day 1 patch, you'd see the master work physically drop out of it. However, recently I've noticed that when you go and pick it up, you ALSO get a guaranteed master work on top of it during the end mission screen. Unless I'm going crazy. Which is why I'm double checking here.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Oh, yeah, but that's to be expected, no? It's just additional uses and puts it in line with every ability with multiple charges. Still nice to have tbh.
It feels very underwhelming in practice. All abilities I had used to that point were 3+ charges so it wasn't too noticeable. It wasnt until I got that MW with the 2nd charge roll on the ability that I even noticed this functionality.

It's certainly better than nothing but I found myself quickly wishing it were 100%+ damage instead of charges.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Why even include universal components when they're all such garbage? Even before you start getting masterworks the regular components specific to your javelin give soooooo much more health and shields

yokochan

Jan 21, 2019
I just finished the story and lv 26 now.

I'm enjoying the gameplay a lot! It's great to have four different javelins that play so differenty (the only one I haven't tried is Ranger, but I like the other three almost equally). Flying through the world with its fantastic verticality, shooting, skills, comboing, playing with friends as well with randos…it all feels very exciting and rewarding.

As for the negatives: I didn't care much for the cliched story, talking to NPCs feels like a chore from a certain point on (today I reached the point where I decided to only talk to those who give me missions) and yeah, some of the technical problems are very bad (the worst: the game crashed my console twice) and it's clear that this game released at least a couple of months too early, probably due to EA forcing the release date instead of delaying it like a solid publisher like Nintendo or Rockstar would've done.

That being said, a lot of the hate the game has been getting I can only describe as very undifferentiated negative hype that has been way too overblown. It has problems, but the gameplay and the general potential overweigh those by a large margin. As it stands right now, I'd give the game in general a 7/10 (mostly due to the technical issues, otherwise an 8/10) and the gameplay a 9/10. I hope there are good things to come!

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
so how does level impact missions/strongholds? like i just unlocked strongholds, but am i way too low level to do them? is the easy/normal/hard setting the only thing that affect mission difficulty? if so, then what does your level affect? somebody please splain it to me.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
so how does level impact missions/strongholds? like i just unlocked strongholds, but am i way too low level to do them? is the easy/normal/hard setting the only thing that affect mission difficulty? if so, then what does your level affect? somebody please splain it to me.
Level really only affects what level loot you get. It does not affect enemy health/damage or anything like that.