• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
nice changes............just hit 30......guess ill hold off on starting the GM1 train

Since you just hit 30, it's still worth doing the Legendary contracts you have available since they drop components. Those are the biggest upgrades for survivability, and the inscription bonuses are just extra. They come with unique perks as well as a huge buff to shields/armor. These changes primarily affect those that are already in full MW gear and are waiting to actually get decent rolls on inscriptions for legitimate build diversity.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Since you just hit 30, it's still worth doing the Legendary contracts you have available since they drop components. Those are the biggest upgrades for survivability, and the extra inscription bonuses are just extra. They come with unique perks as well as a huge buff to shields/armor.

i did 2 legendary contracts today before hitting 30..........which was probably a bad idea because i didn't get anything from them

at least they said they were legendary. However again all the changes to inscriptions will affect those components too. That;s why im waiting.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping for more armour pieces, tbh, preferable in a few weeks time. (We're waiting for our friend to be back from holiday before picking it back up again.)

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
i did 2 legendary contracts today before hitting 30..........which was probably a bad idea because i didn't get anything from them

at least they said they were legendary. However again all the changes to inscriptions will affect those components too. That;s why im waiting.

Those Purple Contracts will reset everyday, so feel free to run them and get those components. I'm fairly sure you have to be on GrandMaster1 for the guaranteed drop though, which you need to be level 30 for.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Well, they don't need to as much, if the weapons you are receiving are more valuable and there's no greens and whites in teh rotation.
No white and green just means more rare and purple, as someone who is already in full MW and some legendaries the current drop rates aren't worth it even with improved inscription rolls, getting 1 drop for a 20-30 minutes run and that drop's stats being completely random isn't worth grinding for.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Titans are literally awful. Who fucking thought this was fun?

Also hold x to respawn to hold x to respawn, etc, and never get revived. what the fuck...

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Loot changes are a good start, and they're looking into GM2/3 not being worth the time. Keep it coming BW.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping they cut down on the amount of duplicates. 2 MW from a G1 Tyrant Mine and they're both the same component.

They also need to implement an auto salvage for these whites / greens / blues that drop, or at least let you select multiple items and then salvage them together. Like every other game has done for the past 10 years. The lack of certain QoL features that have been standards for years now is making me scratch my head.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
No no. I meant non-Masterworks.

Also, i use Storm.

I ended up using the one that came with the LoD version, which was a three shot burst. Later I ended up using the equivalent blue/purple and I think those were actually the non Masterwork versions of Death from Above. So I guess the Guardian since it's pretty well balanced for damage and speed. Anvil is the other one I like using on the other javelins though. I don't like the higher RPM weapons at all. If I am going to shoot something, it needs to pack a punch, especially if I need to be mobile. No idea how far into the game/gear you are, but you are going to want an Elemental Rage as your primary as soon as one drops. Secondary is going to vary, but right now I'm using the Masterwork Deadeye since I got one with 175% bonus damage.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
No white and green just means more rare and purple, as someone who is already in full MW and some legendaries the current drop rates aren't worth it even with improved inscription rolls, getting 1 drop for a 20-30 minutes run and that drop's stats being completely random isn't worth grinding for.

True, true.

But at least we're slightly better!

Titans are literally awful. Who fucking thought this was fun?

Also hold x to respawn to hold x to respawn, etc, and never get revived. what the fuck...

If you're up against more than one Titan on GM1+ it's rough.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope that doesnt mean that they lower the MW drop rates in GM1. I havent even gotten there yet lol.

They are moving fast which is good to see.

Honestly, they can't get much lower than they already are. You're typically going to get the guaranteed one at the end. Everything else is just pure luck.

If you're up against more than one Titan on GM1+ it's rough.

I love dodging the flaming meatball of doom, only to get hit by a hitbox that's three times the size of the graphic. It's also great fun being overheated the entire fight too. Also, even when you don't get hit by that, as a Storm you're going to get hit with one of the fire rings if you are trying to stay low enough to take cover from the meatballs due to how floaty the Storm's jump is.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ended up using the one that came with the LoD version, which was a three shot burst. Later I ended up using the equivalent blue/purple and I think those were actually the non Masterwork versions of Death from Above. So I guess the Guardian since it's pretty well balanced for damage and speed. Anvil is the other one I like using on the other javelins though. I don't like the higher RPM weapons at all. If I am going to shoot something, it needs to pack a punch, especially if I need to be mobile. No idea how far into the game/gear you are, but you are going to want an Elemental Rage as your primary as soon as one drops. Secondary is going to vary, but right now I'm using the Masterwork Deadeye since I got one with 175% bonus damage.
That's good to know. As i've been using the Guardian from the jump.

As thanks for the other info. 👍

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It all depends on how will they distribute the white and green loot. Will they simply add them into blue and/or purple drop probability, or evenly disribute them across all rarity so orange and yellow will also get some boost.

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
What is the colossus weapon that kinda looks like this:

anthem-demo-launch-differences.jpg.optimal.jpg

Could have swore I saw it on someone. When holstered it kinda hooks horizontally where the small of your back would be.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it normal to not see any enemies out in the world during Freeplay? I had to fly into a dungeon (I guess? It had an archway door icon on the map.) and then it wasn't until I was like half way through it when Dominion dudes spawned in front of me, out of thin air. Felt like a bug. I'm not crazy, right?

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
are the names of the masterwork components broken or something? i have one named defensive bulwark but its clearly a firearm calibration core (+gun dmg by 25%) and another one called combined arms thats actually a grenade augment (+5% grenade dmg).

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've had so many crashes tonight. almost one per mission. so annoying. I want to like this game but it is really hard sometimes.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Seriously, if the loading screens were those awesome Javelin animations you get when you start matchmaking I'd be okay with it. Why does that animation get cut off? It bothers me so much because it looks so cool for the 2 seconds it plays.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Seriously, if the loading screens were those awesome Javelin animations you get when you start matchmaking I'd be okay with it. Why does that animation get cut off? It bothers me so much because it looks so cool for the 2 seconds it plays.
Yeah, I like it too and seems like they reduce its occurence compared to the demo in January. In the demo, the animation always running when you're launching an expedition. But now it's quite rare, and when it does it only runs for 2 seconds as you said. Sometimes it runs the full animation, but very rarely.

But seriously, they need to revamp the loading screens to stuff like this. Even a static ship flight like in Destiny or Warframe which you can move for a bit would be much improvement. At least there's something to do while loading.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I believe Ben dodged the "increase loot drop" somehow in his update. I might be crazy because just woke up but I definitely see a dodging between the lines

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The animations are brief, weak, and repetitious wank fodder.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just scrolled back and checked the loot update. Seems like a solid start. Seriously made no sense to roll other weapon damage upgrades on different weapons hah.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, it didn't do that in the beta, so you always saw the full animation. Not sure why they don't use that for loading.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I finally got my first blue drop last night but then I kept getting the "failure loading pilot data" error and failed for about 15 minutes to see what it was. Hope its good, I will check when I'm off work.

Btw is there a centralized list of PS4 gamertags for FreelancEra? Maybe on the discord?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got Elemental Rage, Artinia's Gambit, and Thunderbolt of Yvenia from Tyrant Mine. Are these any good? Heard the Thunderbolt is.