• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There is really no reason to farm at endgame currently until they do something about the drop rates, spending +20 minutes on a Stronghold and coming out with a single MW (which is always gonna be worthless) is frustrating.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
You can't evade a single damn hit. Can you believe how frustrating it gets on GM2?
I don't even know about that cause I block with my Colossus shield. But just the sheer design of "only damage weakspots that are only open during attack animations" is just....i have no words.
There is NO fun in fighting or taking down a titan

accx

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah they've definitely bumped up the Hard difficulty.
...Well either that or i've had some interesting teammates.
I'm positive i could solo hard strongholds last weekend.

I'm totally fine with it though, in fact it's great, i just somehow missed it i guess.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I don't even know about that cause I block with my Colossus shield. But just the sheer design of "only damage weakspots that are only open during attack animations" is just....i have no words.
There is NO fun in fighting or taking down a titan
The burning flame orbs/rocks that tracks you does no damage to you when you have your shield up?

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
For other fans of BioWare's past games, has anyone noticed any Dragon Age or Mass Effect voice actors in Anthem? I'm 99% certain that Kista Stormbreaker, from the Crimson Lancer radio show, is voiced by Miranda Raison, Cassandra Pentaghast's VA. Haven't caught any others yet.

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
There is really no reason to farm at endgame currently until they do something about the drop rates, spending +20 minutes on a Stronghold and coming out with a single MW (which is always gonna be worthless) is frustrating.

I've had more success getting MW items on freeplay. Usually I end with 3-4. Drops are varied too which is nice. Still need a MW support seal though.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
While I am not Diablo style addicted to Anthem, I still love jumping back in. Personally I am trying to space out my playtime because I don't want to burn the content too quickly.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Started interceptor and chose colossus as my second javelin.

FAIL.

I hate the Colossus so far.
It really depends on how you play it. If you're not right in the middle of the action, the Colossus is probably pretty boring to play. Even the Interceptor can be played better as a ranged class thanks to the triple dodge. If you ARE right in the middle of the action, with the proper Colossus-specific components equipped and still not having fun?

I guess the Juggernaut life ain't for everyone
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Crashnburn85

Oct 25, 2017
California
Wonder if additional skills or ults for the existing Javelins is in the pipeline. Like, long term, I'm not that impatient. I like that they give you the flexibility to change Javelins pretty easily, but I'm level 12 and have already seen all of my thicc boi's tricks (sans masterwork changes) which makes me a little sad.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I really wish BW concentrates on the content just like TD 2. I really don't want to play TD 2 and I didn't like the beta :(

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
While I am not Diablo style addicted to Anthem, I still love jumping back in. Personally I am trying to space out my playtime because I don't want to burn the content too quickly.

That's exactly what I'm doing and and really liking it so far too...do a contract or mission or 2 a night or some Freeplay. Def. taking my time with it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wonder if additional skills or ults for the existing Javelins is in the pipeline. Like, long term, I'm not that impatient. I like that they give you the flexibility to change Javelins pretty easily, but I'm level 12 and have already seen all of my thicc boi's tricks (sans masterwork changes) which makes me a little sad.
I think they will be. It's a great way to add content and mix up the mechanics. Destiny did it and it worked.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
That's exactly what I'm doing and and really liking it so far too...do a contract or mission or 2 a night or some Freeplay. Def. taking my time with it.

Same and also building out each Javelin helps as well.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
For other fans of BioWare's past games, has anyone noticed any Dragon Age or Mass Effect voice actors in Anthem? I'm 99% certain that Kista Stormbreaker, from the Crimson Lancer radio show, is voiced by Miranda Raison, Cassandra Pentaghast's VA. Haven't caught any others yet.

Yep, that is definitely her that voice is very distinct (Brin also has some great reactions to the Crimson Lancer) .The VA for Dorian (DA:I) I'm pretty sure is in Anthem but I won't spoil where.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
There are so many good NPCs in Tarsis, really. Max is great, Aruna is great, hell even that annoying dude who wants to be your friend serves an excellent purpose (I'm convinced he's placed where he is because BW knows players will always just run by him otw to other things, which promotes the whole "I don't wanna be friends leave me alone" angle. And his ambient commentary "I don't think earwax is supposed to be that color...")

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They gotta fix what ever health bug is going on, some time I have like 15 segment, other times I have like 2. It's not a visual big becuase when I have 2 I'm instantly dead when something hits me.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
They gotta fix what ever health bug is going on, some time I have like 15 segment, other times I have like 2. It's not a visual big becuase when I have 2 I'm instantly dead when something hits me.

As a Colossus main that relies on a giant health pool to survive, amen brother. It seems hilariously variable, to the point where I'm not sure how much health/armor I'm actually supposed to have. I know the number is almost 50k, but no idea how that translates into "pips".

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
In the video, they were still physically there even when opened already. There was a harvest point on the second location I went.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah it was a tough one, line up them symbols. Real thinker.
Wasn't really paying attention, just trying to get a mission done. Seems the rest of my matchmade squad was doing the same. Once we popped everything in and all the beams of light came up the voice-over said something like "heads up more enemies coming in" so kind of figured that part was done and we kill things.

Wasn't following the dialogue so when they're talking everyone assumed the story was progressing and they were doing something to unlock it while we fight the waves of enemies.

After awhile figure something is up and inspect the circles and the lock prompt and figure it out. Even then the circle one for some reason seemed particularly trippy on the second lock, took awhile. The flashing isn't exactly the best way to obfuscate a puzzle I've seen, especially with that one.

Anyway, just felt like it could have been prompted better and that the flashing is particularly shitty to deal with. Wasn't figuring out the puzzle as much as realising we were supposed do be doing one and then putting up with the bullshit on the circle.

I know you were just looking to be a dick but figured I'd respond in case you actually wanted to discuss anything.