• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
Idk....this legionairre quest line wall is really ruining whatever momentum I had going. Being forced to do this is rather annoying.

I actually got through it pretty quickly without even realizing it. The only thing that took me a while was the multi kill one and it was because i was using an interceptor. Switched to my colossus and got that reasonably quickly. I feel that quest is lazy but didnt really ruin my momentum.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Can't play a lot but I'm enjoying it so far. I picked the big guy and it feels great to fly around and shield bash the shit out of everything!

The one thing I don't like it shaving to go back to the fort to launch new missions. It makes the world feel less open.

So am I ever going to get new colors for my mech or will I have to buy/craft them?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Can't play a lot but I'm enjoying it so far. I picked the big guy and it feels great to fly around and shield bash the shit out of everything!

The one thing I don't like it shaving to go back to the fort to launch new missions. It makes the world feel less open.

So am I ever going to get new colors for my mech or will I have to buy/craft them?
You should have access to a ton of color/material customization options from the get-go. Just go into the forge and you can change appearance options as well as loadout

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I actually got through it pretty quickly without even realizing it. The only thing that took me a while was the multi kill one and it was because i was using an interceptor. Switched to my colossus and got that reasonably quickly. I feel that quest is lazy but didnt really ruin my momentum.
Finding world events is time consuming and finding chests while flying in the air is kind of tough.

madspooky

Oct 28, 2017
Fort Kent, ME
I just finished the game after signing up for Origin Premier to give it a shot. I was waiting for Division 2 and wanted to give this a fighting chance before making a hard decision. After 17 hours I finished the main story line with a decent amount of side stuff completed. I think it's a pretty decent game but I don't think I'll continue to play it - the lack of enemy and mission variety was a real bummer for me. It got a little better in the later missions but by the time that came around it was too little too late for my opinion.

I'd be interested in seeing how the game evolves over time. I can see it being like Destiny 1, which ended up a completely different (and better) game by the time a few expansions came around.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
I It got a little better in the later missions but by the time that came around it was too little too late for my opinion.

Absolutely agree with this. While i am having a ton of fun and am going to continue playing it the first few hours of the game drags and i see why a lot of people stop playing. The game gets much better once you level up and start unlocking better gear. I still have high hopes that Bioware turns this around. The core gameplay is really solid.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hating quick play because nit drops you so far back from the team that you almost always end up with at least 1 in mission load

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

Which is a confirmation that the developer understands what people have been saying: loot and loot drops are a problem currently. Which is not great for the life of loot-based game.

Dumb question...what's wrong with the loot rate right now? (I'm not at end game yet)

I wrote a whole thing about in my review, but here, a former Diablo 3 designer tackled some problems in a post to Bioware on the subReddit.

My issues:
- If the aim is that players are grinding for loot to get the best inscriptions on Masterworks and Legendaries, then they need to increase the drop rate. Diablo 3 was all about this: lots of loot dropped, and the focus was sifting through for the good stuff. If not a ton is dropping, than each drop needs to be more meaningful and targeted, Destiny is closer to this range.
- Having a range of Inscriptions (those are the bonuses on weapons) is fine, but there should never be inscriptions that are entirely useless.
- There needs to be some system to reroll inscriptions on Legendaries, because you can't craft them.
- No use for Epic and lower gear, which still drops on GM1 and above. There should be some system to convert lower-level Embers into higher level ones.
- There needs to be some specificity in terms of loot availability, because otherwise, you make it hard for players to aim for specific items. (Currently, there's no way to guarantee a MW/Legend weapon drop.)
- Strongholds need proper tuning, so the rewards (loot), matches the challenge. Currently, it does not. (There's little reason to run GM 2 or 3.)
- MW and Legendaries needs entirely new models, not paint jobs on existing weapons. Likewise, vanity loot should drop from Strongholds in some fashion. (BioWare is addressing the latter with to some degree with Elysium chests in the future.)

Day covers some of them. But that's a small list. And focused on loot only, not some of the other structure problems with Anthem.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
You should have access to a ton of color/material customization options from the get-go. Just go into the forge and you can change appearance options as well as loadout
I did but it I didn't see a lot of colors. Just different materials (old, worn cloth, etc.). Maybe I missed something. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I did but it I didn't see a lot of colors. Just different materials (old, worn cloth, etc.). Maybe I missed something. I'll check it out tomorrow.
Yeah, once you select the material you can then select the color. There's a little preview of the color shown to the right of where it says the material. Just select that color preview thing and you can change the color.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I really just want a menu right when you boot the game, that asks you where you want to go, instead of defaulting to the fort where you walk through molasses to get to your javelin.

If I could instantly just boot to a stronghold instead of 10 minutes of loading beforehand it would be so much better

Macattk15

Nov 4, 2017
Finished the story I didn't care about and man was that uninspiring.

I guess the Monitor fight was ... ok? JK it was just a mess of abilities.

Cenotaph. Anthem of Creation. Monitor. Whatever.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone running into an issue where the interact button won't work? Sometimes I can't grab an shard or mine or whatever and I can't revive a teammate. I've been running into this issue for a few days and see that people on reddit have too. It got especially painful today when fighting a titan when all of my teammates had the same problem that didn't fix after wiping a few times.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really just want a menu right when you boot the game, that asks you where you want to go, instead of defaulting to the fort where you walk through molasses to get to your javelin.

If I could instantly just boot to a stronghold instead of 10 minutes of loading beforehand it would be so much better
Yup. And the option to load into that menu on expedition completion. I don't care about loading back into Tarsis.

Shogeki

Banned
Oct 15, 2018
I don't get the QQ about drop rate. I get at least 1 mw item per mission or stronghold on hard. Sometimes I get 2 or 3 per stronghold on gm1. Now legendary are pretty much non existent but meh 😂

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone running into an issue where the interact button won't work? Sometimes I can't grab an shard or mine or whatever and I can't revive a teammate. I've been running into this issue for a few days and see that people on reddit have too. It got especially painful today when fighting a titan when all of my teammates had the same problem that didn't fix after wiping a few times.

I had that same issue happen earlier during a fight with a thingy that throws red orbs. Couldn't revive anyone. And the checkpoint was so bad that whenever we all respawned, the red orbs were already flying toward us before the screen even faded back in from a load. Very frustrating. This game feels like it is hanging on by a thread.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the QQ about drop rate. I get at least 1 mw item per mission or stronghold on hard. Sometimes I get 2 or 3 per stronghold on gm1. Now legendary are pretty much non existent but meh 😂
Now imagine you're completely decked out in MW, legendarys aren't dropping and the 2-3 MW that do drop are duplicates with shitty rolls. How much desire do you have to continue playing?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
What was the there will be giants event? Was there a special reward for it or what?

What issues are you having? I am on "X" and have only 2 missions where I joined that were broken. Outside of that, no issues at all. When thing get hectic with 4 players and effects going off there is some frame rate dips, but overall it has been pretty good on my end so far.

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
Hnnnnng.

A Papa Pump dropped earlier that has been doing fucking work, and then I just picked up a Fist of Stral that has multiple +Shotgun damage bonuses. So good.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten nothing but the audio bug today. So annoying.

I don't know why, but the audio has been atrocious for me as well across two different PCs. On my older one, I tried to see if capping the frame rate to 30 would make it seem at least more consistent (instead of jumping between 32 in Tarsis and 45-57 on missions), but all it did was lead to stuttery sounding audio, which makes no sense. On my better PC that can actually run the game without it dropping below 60fps, the audio keeps cutting out entirely. Audio never actually cut out before today, so I don't know what's up with that.

A 35 - 60 minute run (depending on the group) for a single, guaranteed skill drop with shitty rolls, especially after you already have all of the skills and need better components is a giant waste of time. At least they seem to be giving a bit of faction now where I don't recall ever seeing a notification for it before. You don't "get the QQ" because you haven't actually done that many runs yet, especially on GM1 or you would understand. There's nothing like seeing chest after chest pop with nothing but whites, greens and maybe a single blue or purple. Chest farming was a thing because nothing else was worth spending time on. So when they fixed that, it seemed like in return they buffed the drop rates for strongholds, which made them worth doing. Now we know that bone was unintentional and they meant to keep everything universally not worth doing.

Someone recently posted about how their four man group did 100 stronghold runs, and it seems to be hard coded on the boss that the guaranteed drop is always going to be a Masterwork, and that it can never be a Legendary either.

Last edited:

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
They must be feeling it at the studio. The criticism and all that towards the game is deserved, but I feel bad for them. A lot of people worked really hard on it. It's a tough industry to be in with how vocal the customer base is.
I feel bad for them, too, but as a big fan of these types of games there's a lot of glaring, obvious stuff that they should've learned to prepare for from other examples.

I want them to get it right, I enjoy the core gameplay, but the grind to get loot feels unreasonably punishing and unfun.

Even Bungie learned this: let the player feel powerful.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Is the Tomb a quest that is given to you at a certain point? I found 3 out of the 4 Tombs and was able to enter them and collect the items, still looking for the fourth. But I don't have a quest in my log for this. I have the one entry on what you need for each one which I have everything. Just wondering how this was supposed to work?

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Ummm. Finished the Temple of Dawn quest, but I disconnected at the end (nothing new, I crash or disconnect 30+ times a day), and now I don't have a main quest to do. Sometimes it says to go into the launch bay, but then it tells me to leave, and sometimes there is just nothing.

Am I just completely fucked now?

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
Ummm. Finished the Temple of Dawn quest, but I disconnected at the end (nothing new, I crash or disconnect 30+ times a day), and now I don't have a main quest to do. Sometimes it says to go into the launch bay, but then it tells me to leave, and sometimes there is just nothing.

Am I just completely fucked now?

Pretty sure that's the quest before having to craft something in the forge. Check there for a new slot. From there it's doing side stuff til you have the goods.

If not, I'm not sure.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I have 3 masterworks 2 weapons a component and grenade, I got a legendary assault launcher on freeplay and did my first MW mines and it was pretty fun, I am turning around on the game and actually digging it again

Nov 3, 2017
They must be feeling it at the studio. The criticism and all that towards the game is deserved, but I feel bad for them. A lot of people worked really hard on it. It's a tough industry to be in with how vocal the customer base is.

I honestly can't imagine what it's like. Especially given how video games are ultimately unimportant entertainment

A number of years ago, I was part of a team of consultants working with the government on introducing a goods and services tax to a country. Part of the job was public advocacy for increased taxation, which made us national villains, and even then, the stuff I read or heard said about us didn't match the vitriol developers get about fucking video games

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
I'll be interested in seeing what they are thinking about loot. I'm all for a change, but at the same time if they make a lot of the tweaks people want they are going to need to create a couple of new GM levels as well.

Oct 26, 2017
You know, the exposition of the story is bad in this, and the villain is generic as fuck. BUT...the moment-to-moment plot points and story beats themselves are actually really good so far. I'm digging it.

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
This interact bug is one of the worst things I've seen from a AAA dev in a long time.
3 of us are down, and the remaining storm is missing his ults, cant revive us, and the ash titans attacks are lagging all over the place.

I go from periods of liking the game, to almost hating it for every bug or load screen I see.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

It is good that he posted that and the part at the end that "we will".

I am loving the game and I have not had a game in a very long time that when I get home or when I am at work all I am thinking of is this game. Granted I am not at end game and my main guy is at level 10. I am loving the story and really like the hub. Yes, there are some issues and there are some things they could have done better like having some of the random NPC's give out quests and such or give rewards for doing stuff. Overall, just really enjoying it. Playing mainly as Colossus.

I did come across a odd bug. I had played the early access and started with a Ranger. At level 8 I unlocked the Colossus. When the game launch on the 22nd I started a new Pilot and decided to main the Colossus. When that pilot got to level 8 it showed that I already unlocked the Colossus and Ranger, so now I have Storm as well. I am wondering what will happen when I get to 24 but all the Javelins are unlocked already because I get another one at 16.

I still don't get why there is a Regulator Store and the other Store? They both have the same exact items. What is the point? There is also a bug when you are viewing the regular store at a point the voice for the Regulator will play. It is kind of a weird bug, but I guess they could add that one to the list.

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, the tone from the developers on Reddit and Twitter isn't looking good for them right now. They need to turn this game around quick - Division 2 and the Destiny 2 March update is fast approaching, and they're going to see players dropping off from Anthem if they can't make necessary adjustments to keep them playing.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017

You are probably not at endgame to be saying that. I currently am all equiped with MW gear. But guess what! all the affixes on the gear I have are utter shit. You then have to start running dungeons after dungeons and barely any MW items drop. But when YOU DO get one, you either get something that you don't need at all or you get an item that you really wanted but gets rolled with shit stats again, well that causes an issue. We either have to craft them but with the prices of mats being high it all just makes it tedious. That's the issue here. If we have rng stats with few drops well that causes a big problem.

Last edited:

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, just signed up for premier so I could keep playing. Was hoping to wait for some more patches, but kind of missed the level and loot grind.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WOOO 1 MW item per mission!

2-3 per stronghold!

Wait until you figure out the actual endgame that is farming good inscriptions.
There are a lot of people out there that don't understand what endgame is actually like or for some reason don't trust those of us that are already there. I guess I can understand it due to the level of negative comments about the game but it's not a matter of opinion in this case.