• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, Black Powder, the Flack Cannon masterwork is 100% useless. I would rather have an empty slot, because I can't accidentally fat finger an ability I don't have, wasting valuable time i could spend literally anything else doing.

Colossus has a bit of an issue in general with their RB slot. Unless there are some absolutely crazy legendaries I haven't seen yet, Only the acid launcher and flame thrower are useful. Burst mortar. The other mortar, and flak cannon are complete ass. Railgun might Impress me on the right legendary what's good stats but until then I stand by what I said.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I've only played that stronghold once and our instances was bugged - no enemies spawned, only the blue electric orbs. It was pretty sweet lol.

Oct 30, 2017
Have a question. What do you do when the titan shoots that fireball thing that floats to you? I was constantly being drowned no matter what I did. Was very annoying, and I'm sure my team was getting tired of reviving me.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Have a question. What do you do when the titan shoots that fireball thing that floats to you? I was constantly being drowned no matter what I did. Was very annoying, and I'm sure my team was getting tired of reviving me.

Find cover. Get out of LoS. If your team is spread out then wait until it focuses on someone else, and then attack.

Nah, if he didn't bring up he was still sending info there's no way to trust him. If he literally said that and I missed it I'm a pretty terrible person though.

I know but still :(
poor Nadira...

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I've been seeing a number of complaints about the item rotation in the store. I wasn't playing at the time, but from what I gather, the currently available cosmetics were available to people in early access but weren't available (for long) to those who bought the game on the 22nd. Repeating the rotation in that case seems fair.

I wouldn't mind, however, if the gear available on weekly rotation was sold at a discounted price, but then made available indefinitely, for a higher price.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
Do you need to do all the little chit chat conversations to get to tier three of all the loyalties or will just doing the three chains of side missions get you there?

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I've been seeing a number of complaints about the item rotation in the store. I wasn't playing at the time, but from what I gather, the currently available cosmetics were available to people in early access but weren't available (for long) to those who bought the game on the 22nd. Repeating the rotation in that case seems fair.

I wouldn't mind, however, if the gear available on weekly rotation was sold at a discounted price, but then made available indefinitely, for a higher price.

I think for me the problem is that with their current currency system, it's sort of impossible for me to get the amount of coins for the really expensive cosmetics unless I spend hours and hours grinding all the challenges I can out of the game. So for example, the last time the Colossus armor was on the store, I ended up missing it because I couldn't get the coins, the same thing happened this time around too.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I think for me the problem is that with their current currency system, it's sort of impossible for me to get the amount of coins for the really expensive cosmetics unless I spend hours and hours grinding all the challenges I can out of the game. So for example, the last time the Colossus armor was on the store, I ended up missing it because I couldn't get the coins, the same thing happened this time around too.
I guess it's geared towards forcing you to buy currency with real money. I'm still only at the beginning of the game, I haven't hit the Temple quests yet, so I have no idea what kind of rate you earn coins once you complete the challenges. Given the limited options available currently, for armour customisation, I'd be disappointed if I missed out on a particular set for my Javelin.

Deleted member 40872

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 10, 2018
UK
The game really clicked for me today.
I was heaving fun before but reaching endgame and getting my first couple of masterworks made me love it!

Not sure why people are complaining about mw frequency or interceptor viability. Made it to GM2 without any problems.
Any more frequent and it would not feel special anymore.

This honestly feels very much like Diablo turned into an amazing tps, I really hope they improve it with a "better" endgame activity similar to maps from poe. Varied environments would also be great, a bit of a shame that the heart isnt a big freeplay location, wasted opportunity.

The only really really bad thing about the game are the loading screens, too many and too long. I really hope they make the forge cosmetics exclusive and let me select gear from a list without a loading screen at some point.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I guess it's geared towards forcing you to buy currency with real money. I'm still only at the beginning of the game, I haven't hit the Temple quests yet, so I have no idea what kind of rate you earn coins once you complete the challenges. Given the limited options available currently, for armour customisation, I'd be disappointed if I missed out on a particular set for my Javelin.
Well they do have things like daily and weekly challenges which give you coins but the vast majority of the challenges are things like.. "visit all regions in the game" and "Use all the different weapons in the game for 3 missions each" or "kill 50 enemies with these weapons" and once those run out you really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for coins.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else have a bug where your interact prompts stop showing up? Super annoying when your'e the last one alive on the team and can't res anyone and look like a prick when you walk up to their downed body and have to walk away. Extra annoying when the next part of the quest requires you to press square to continue. After a couple squad wipes it was just me and another guy left and luckily I was able to clear the enemies whenever he/she went down and apparently his/her interact still worked so we could continue.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there another patch coming soon? The game is literally unplayable on xbox one x
Was there another patch? What problems are you having?

X experience has mostly been very stable for me, until I got to the last 2 missions (had 3 messed up enemy spawns, had to wipe to fix) and experienced the audio bug once.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
I used to say this but gun builds are absolutely possible as a primary playstyle with masterwork gear. Even on my ability combos for days aoe destruction thicc boi I routinely use my autocannon for single target dps, and that's not remotely a gun build.
Just started using the autocannon and that thing shreds

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
the gear for storm and ranger seem pretty underwhelming so far. do masterworks make them more fun to use?

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Question about legendary contracts now that I've unlocked them:

To get them, do I need to keep clearing yellow contracts until one randomly shows up? Or will picking up a yellow and not completing it prevent it from showing up?

What if I just don't pick up a yellos, will a purple never show up then? Not sure how it works...

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Question about legendary contracts now that I've unlocked them:

To get them, do I need to keep clearing yellow contracts until one randomly shows up? Or will picking up a yellow and not completing it prevent it from showing up?

What if I just don't pick up a yellos, will a purple never show up then? Not sure how it works...

as far as i can tell they're available once from each faction daily. when they refresh you don't even have to do any other contracts to unlock them. if you have a yellow icon there you can accept the normal contract and the purple one will appear right after and you can accept that one as well.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
is the pre-order bonus Legion of Dawn Legendary Armor Pack available for all javelins?...I'm not seeing it available...it's activated in the Store but I only get access to the Vinyl piece and the special weapon...I don't see it listed under my helmet, torso, arms and legs section...it says Legion of Dawn Legendary Ranger Armor Pack...so maybe because I'm playing as Storm I don't get access to it?
The regular non-Legion of Dawn pre-order only gives you access to the Ranger armor pack. You can claim it in the Feature store under the Rewards tab.

how come the Vanity Store only has like 2 armor sets available along with 1 or 2 suit materials etc?...I thought there would be a large selection of skins, vinyls etc...
I think we've only seen 4 armor sets for each class including the LoD sets. That might change next store rotation but we'll see. I guess they want to only have one always available set and one on rotation to buy which seems like a mistake to me. Everything should be available and the Featured store should have discounts for full sets or something.

I really don't understand why there isn't more available and find it kind of baffling considering the store is how they plan to fund future content. You can't have whales when the water is just a kiddie pool.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Was there another patch? What problems are you having?

X experience has mostly been very stable for me, until I got to the last 2 missions (had 3 messed up enemy spawns, had to wipe to fix) and experienced the audio bug once.

Horrible lag, especially while flying (the best part of the game for me), audio bug, enemies coming out of nowhere and flying away to name a few. The lag is what's making this unplayable to me.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I think we've only seen 4 armor sets for each class including the LoD sets. That might change next store rotation but we'll see. I guess they want to only have one always available set and one on rotation to buy which seems like a mistake to me. Everything should be available and the Featured store should have discounts for full sets or something.

I really don't understand why there isn't more available and find it kind of baffling considering the store is how they plan to fund future content. You can't have whales when the water is just a kiddie pool.
Yeah, I also find that really dumb. I'm not going to buy shards but even I'm just not buying anything thining that maybe there'll be something better next time. Just show us everything at once and keep adding to it with new content. Unless this is everything...

Oct 30, 2017
Just exited the forge, and found myself in the middle of a cut scene argument between Tassyn, Haluk and Faye. Is that meant to happen like that?

Do they mean, update, as in patch, or as in info to share?

I had that happen when I started up today after being in the fort on my last playthrough. I think the cutscene was suppose to be after the mission where you meet up with old friends, but I got booted like I always do after the mission so it decided to pick up three randomly. I worry that I might miss important scenes because of how bugged this game is.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing just some info on how loot and drop rates are changing or not changing and hopefully an update on inscriptions.

Ok, thanks.

I had that happen when I started up today after being in the fort on my last playthrough. I think the cutscene was suppose to be after the mission where you meet up with old friends, but I got booted like I always do after the mission so it decided to pick up three randomly. I worry that I might miss important scenes because of how bugged this game is.

Yeah, I'm worried about that happening now too.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
The game really clicked for me today.
I was heaving fun before but reaching endgame and getting my first couple of masterworks made me love it!

Not sure why people are complaining about mw frequency or interceptor viability. Made it to GM2 without any problems.
Any more frequent and it would not feel special anymore.

First couple of MW and you're doing GM2 already?

I'm 2 shy of full Legendary and GM2 is still.. just slow, nothing else.
Not hard, just slow.