• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
This game is so frustrating! I just want to play you Anthem! Let me play you! Stop kicking me to the splash screen. You load to much and your main quest designs are the worst. Who was in charge of quest designs at BioWare!? What's the point of loading to go into a 5 min mission where we shoot a bunch of things, pick up shards and get no loot just to go back to a loading screen. I can see the 8.5 out 10 game here, its hiding under the 6 out of 10 bullshit. I just needed to rant while I sit here loading the game back up. At least I got Era while the game loads.

I'm liking the characters and the conversations, even though the dialogue choices are pointless. The game itself is a lot of fun outside the stuff I mentioned above. Even though I'm frustrated I just want to play lol. I really hope they can patch this game up. It's got a lot of good aspects.

There are so many fucking problems with this game, that it's unbelievable...and yet, in the middle of combat idgaf. Imo, gameplay is so fulfilling, rewarding and addictive.

I swear to God, once you get the hang of the Interceptor, it's like melee is being done by a fucking ballet dancer on steroids, so fucking cool and it never gets old!

I still hope that maybe one day, Anthem will be up there with HZD and Spidey as GotG for me (also fucking BFII, if they ever add conquest mode). The only games I can see pulling me away from Anthem are Jedi: Fallen Order, BFII conquest mode, and Spidey ng+.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
There are so many fucking problems with this game, that it's unbelievable...and yet, in the middle of combat idgaf. Imo, gameplay is so fulfilling, rewarding and addictive.

I swear to God, once you get the hang of the Interceptor, it's like melee is being done by a fucking ballet dancer on steroids, so fucking cool and it never gets old!

I still hope that maybe one day, Anthem will be up there with HZD and Spidey as GotG for me (also fucking BFII, if they ever add conquest mode). The only games I can see pulling me away from Anthem are Jedi: Fallen Order, BFII conquest mode, and Spidey ng+.

Yeah, it's crazy how this game is held together by duck tape but yet you can't get enough of it lol.

this the best 4/10 game i ever playt

Lmao so true.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man this combo of masterworks is great. Not sure if I'll use the flamethrower or flak cannon, gonna try both:

N3zNhVc.jpg

mkFmRFi.jpg

Oo0HVSW.jpg

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
All my friends and I are still really enjoying the game. I honestly think the lack of content was way overblown. I've spent 20-25 hours and have yet to complete the story. I'm taking my time, of course. And helping friends when needed. I really don't understand people saying Destiny 1 had more content. Maybe more content you could repeat over and over, but Anthem seems to beat it out with original content length in just its campaign alone.

With that said, the loading screens and other technical issues are what holds this back. There's things I think are very valid criticisms of this game, but content, story, and gameplay aren't among them. I would say the loot needs to be better, but in a way the culmination of your Javelin is the realization of your loot, so individual loot matters less.

Basically, I think the base here has more potential than Destiny or other comparable looter shooters.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, interesting detail: masterwork flamethrower turns half the fire blue, it's visibly different from epic and below

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What nerf is everyone talking about? I played a few hours a little bit ago and didn't notice anything different in regards to loot drops.

When do you think this took place? I don't see anything regarding this.

There was a golden period on Friday (about 11 hours) where Masterworks dropped like candy. Since then, the Dark Ages have returned.

hnuxPoT.jpg

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying the game and still going through the story, but walking around talking to anyone with a bubble over them just makes me sad this is not a regular BioWare single player game. Some of those folks could be on my squad :( And hearing Cassandra's voice on that radio soap opera Brin listens too just makes me miss Dragon Age that much more.... Sigh...

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Well the game was going quite well until last night. Firstly we got to the awful grindfest that is tombs. Which is just too much of a drag to slow down the story progression in the name of trying to stretch out the campaign. And then we were doing a key story mission following the tombs for the game to shit the bed and continually crash out numerous times for a few of us. Now I've missed parts of that level and important story cutscenes. And I'm not even sure I got my pickups even after doing freeplay and further story missions.

So yeah last night really hurt the game for me to the point is was getting frustrating. Although we did end the night doing the Stronghold which was good fun and now starting to get a good bit of rare gear.

Nov 3, 2017
Fairly early in the game (pilot level 13), should I be using the same gear regardless of level so that I can unlock them for crafting, or should I just keep changing and using the highest level stuff?

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Is quickplay still completely broken? I've wasted so much of my life spawning into a mission where everyone is just sitting around in a broken mission that is stuck behind some un-open-able door. And the worst part is, new people keep spawning in as the other quit out. Its like an endless black hole.

Mr.Black

Apr 28, 2018
Finland
Is quickplay still completely broken? I've wasted so much of my life spawning into a mission where everyone is just sitting around in a broken mission that is stuck behind some un-open-able door. And the worst part is, new people keep spawning in as the other quit out.

Yes. There should be a system in place that blacklists a mission if enough people leave/join. Or a group respawn option if that would fix the mission, and ofc put it to a vote. I hate to yell at people to kill themselves, makes me feel toxic even though I'm just trying to get the bugged mission done :P

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Yes. There should be a system in place that blacklists a mission if enough people leave/join. Or a group respawn option if that would fix the mission, and ofc put it to a vote. I hate to yell at people to kill themselves, makes me feel toxic even though I'm just trying to get the bugged mission done :P
"A great many freelancers were lost that day. But through their sacrifice, we were able to emerge victorious."

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I had no idea the tombs were getting people so angry. I just completed them pretty much at random while doing some freeplay with a few friends.

By the time the quest for it came up I had like 95% of it done lol

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
I had no idea the tombs were getting people so angry. I just completed them pretty much at random while doing some freeplay with a few friends.

By the time the quest for it came up I had like 95% of it done lol
The problem was this quest pre day 1 patch where a lot including me had the prob that the game hasnt tracked progress until you reached the quest. I started with 0% completion. Aaaaannnddd the chests only counted for the player opening them

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
The problem was this quest pre day 1 patch where a lot including me had the prob that the game hasnt tracked progress until you reached the quest. I started with 0% completion. Aaaaannnddd the chests only counted for the player opening them

We're literally going to be repeating this until the end of time.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Is quickplay still completely broken? I've wasted so much of my life spawning into a mission where everyone is just sitting around in a broken mission that is stuck behind some un-open-able door. And the worst part is, new people keep spawning in as the other quit out. Its like an endless black hole.

Yes and it's infuriating.

I'm not doing quickplay again until they mention it's fixed.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! That +175% elemental damage means that's going to ruin shields for easy freezes and then combos for days. Shame about the worthless blast damage but that first buff is so good it's still a nice roll.

Yeah, there's definitely room for better rolls, but this'll last for awhile I suspect.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
All my friends and I are still really enjoying the game. I honestly think the lack of content was way overblown. I've spent 20-25 hours and have yet to complete the story. I'm taking my time, of course. And helping friends when needed. I really don't understand people saying Destiny 1 had more content. Maybe more content you could repeat over and over, but Anthem seems to beat it out with original content length in just its campaign alone.

With that said, the loading screens and other technical issues are what holds this back. There's things I think are very valid criticisms of this game, but content, story, and gameplay aren't among them. I would say the loot needs to be better, but in a way the culmination of your Javelin is the realization of your loot, so individual loot matters less.

Basically, I think the base here has more potential than Destiny or other comparable looter shooters.

I've been playing the whole weekend and a few nights more, must've put 15-18 hours already and are not even close to finishing the story. I do a lot of freeplays and I'm just having fun. This is already more than what I got from a lot of $60 games I bought. Perhaps people are only counting the endgame content?

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
No, I meant, we've given that explanation why the tombs were a problem before, many, many, many times in this thread. Because every page or so, someone comes in talking about it without the previous context.
in fairness half of this thread and a good chunk of the discussion on youtube, was all ppl losing their damn mind about this quest. That was a lot of noise. And it apparently got fixed quickly...and their wasn't any noise about that. So its no wonder that ppl dont realize it yet.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
God the last Stronghold without any Storms is murder on Grandmaster. Those Fury overshields are some grade-A bullshit since they're impervious to bullets. Everything else is totally manageable, even the Frozen Brute Brigade (and the boss of course), but those Furies man.

My Lightning Coil can only do so much....

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
in fairness half of this thread and a good chunk of the discussion on youtube, was all ppl losing their damn mind about this quest. That was a lot of noise. And it apparently got fixed quickly...and their wasn't any noise about that. So its no wonder that ppl dont realize it yet.

It's not fixed, the Tomb quest is still in the game. They fixed tracking progression after level 3 but you still have to do the grind quest (world bosses in freeroam, 50 melee kills, 3 lots of 10 kills in 8 seconds etc). It's a piss poor main story quest which highlights the flaws of the game.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's not fixed, the Tomb quest is still in the game. They fixed tracking progression after level 3 but you still have to do the grind quest (world bosses in freeroam, 50 melee kills, 3 lots of 10 kills in 8 seconds etc).
The only thing some might need to grind is the chests and maybe revives. The rest is easily doable by playing the main game and jumping into freeroam for a bit. The obky issue I have seen if people playing it too much like a shooter and not getting the Ult kills etc.

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
The only thing some might need to grind is the chests and maybe revives. The rest is easily doable by playing the main game and jumping into freeroam for a bit. The obky issue I have seen if people playing it too much like a shooter and not getting the Ult kills etc.

It took me over 4 hours. I didn't even know what 3 multi-kills was, I had to YouTube it, as the game didn't explain.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The biggest issue with the tomb quest isn't the fact that it was bugged or that it requires some light grinding.

It's just boring and bland design. It adds basically nothing to the game, and the payoff for opening each one is straight up embarassing.

I thought the first one was bugged because basically nothing happened after it opened besides like 1-2 lines of dialogue.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
The Tomb quest wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, i had most of it done other than opening chests.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It took me over 4 hours. I didn't even know what 3 multi-kills was, I had to YouTube it, as the game didn't explain.
Was that pre patch then? I agree that multi kill was a little more for my Ranger but easy with Colossus.

I do agree that they could have done more with the tomb stuff. Would have been way more interesting to solve clues and hunt out the tombs instead of just markers to exactly where they are.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
God the last Stronghold without any Storms is murder on Grandmaster. Those Fury overshields are some grade-A bullshit since they're impervious to bullets. Everything else is totally manageable, even the Frozen Brute Brigade (and the boss of course), but those Furies man.

My Lightning Coil can only do so much....
They're not impervious to bullets. They have weak spots which can be damaged by weapons, reddish colour iirc. They're still nasty as shit mind.

On the Tombs discussion, it seems to me that it was to encourage people to try out free play and make people aware of the various activities/abilities. Don't think it worked very well though. Would have been better as an endgame grind with some cosmetic rewards.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I bought the game on ps4 and the performance are kinda better than my pc with a more powerfull hardware lol. (Except for loading screen, with a ssd is much better), at least i can have almost 30 fps all the time compared with terribly unstable 60 frames...

The colossus is the most fun class by far, people don't sleep on him.
Add me if you want some company: Lupo46

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Had an absolute blast with Anthem so far. Managed to snag a few Masterworks guns and components. Love my Collosus it's just an absolute wrecking ball, steamrolling through entire squads of enemies with my shield out watching them fly all over the place never gets old. Even better now I found I can also knock flying enemies out of the air with my shield charge so nowhere is safe from the juggernaut now. Love fighting Titans with my friends and watching them get destroyed by it's attacks and having to be the hero running around reviving them all and shrugging off attacks like they are nothing with my shield.

Started running things on GM1 now and wow love the difficulty scale up, can finally put all my stuff to use without everything instantly dying.

I can understand the reviews as god damn there are a lot of head scratching decisions that have been made with Anthem but the core gameplay and flying is so damn cool. I hope they keep working on it and fix all the annoyances and it could be something great if they do.

Last edited: