• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
This game really is a joke. I am in a mission where you fight a titan and everytime I respawn there is a attack waiting for me that instantly downs me. I am stuck in this loop and as I type it blue screens me instead of insta death!! Rejoining now...wish me luck!

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
This game really is a joke. I am in a mission where you fight a titan and everytime I respawn there is a attack waiting for me that instantly downs me. I am stuck in this loop and as I type it blue screens me instead of insta death!! Rejoining now...wish me luck!

Tip for Titans: try to attack out of LoS. Also, if it's one of the ones that shoot fire, aim for the yellow bits on the arms. Ice status effects also seem to work well.

Jan 4, 2018
So flamethrower seems to be everyone's go to weapon. Is it that powerful, or that addictive lol ?

Generous amount of charges, it's a primer, and you're probably already up close anyways if you're using your shield bash.

You can use it to prime a bunch of enemies, then just melee because you're already close enough to them. Or tap Lightning Coil since it's a detonator with auto targeting and it works while holding the shield up.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

This happened to me and it didn't stop till the titan was killed. Was annoying as it happened even if i dodged the first attack.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
What's a good strategy for Colosssus vs enemy storm, or shielded enemies?
If you've got Lightning Coil equipped, turn it on, lay into them with your minigun and burn that shield down. If not, that's one time where you should take cover. Those guys are assholes, and they can't be knocked out of the air with the shield bash. You also can't bash yellow armored enemies (except for the human-sized shotgun Dominion guys), so best to use abilities and guns on them.

Is hulk smash a detonator?
Both the Ground Pound and the Shield Swipe are detonators. You can actually hulk smash right after the shield swipe, just jump after the swipe is finished. Double the melee fun!

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Generous amount of charges, it's a primer, and you're probably already up close anyways if you're using your shield bash.

You can use it to prime a bunch of enemies, then just melee because you're already close enough to them. Or tap Lightning Coil since it's a detonator with auto targeting and it works while holding the shield up.

So that's why majority are using flame + lightning. Thanks.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Colossus strategy is to constantly running bash and always be aware of a safe spot to hide and recharge the shield. Use abilities only when you have no aggro.

I don't do much dps, but the bash knocks enemies down for teammates to kill. It can knock down shielded enemies unlike most abilities that require you to strip shields first.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
If you've got Lightning Coil equipped, turn it on, lay into them with your minigun and burn that shield down. If not, that's one time where you should take cover. Those guys are assholes, and they can't be knocked out of the air with the shield bash. You also can't bash yellow armored enemies (except for the human-sized shotgun Dominion guys), so best to use abilities and guns on them.

Both the Ground Pound and the Shield Swipe are detonators. You can actually hulk smash right after the shield swipe, just jump after the swipe is finished. Double the melee fun!

Oh yes it is and it's aoe around you. So you get all these lovely combos pop up.

Thanks!

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Shield charge is much more effective than the "active" shield bash melee.

You can do short tippy-tap sprints with the shield, backpedaling and re-engaging charge to spam-charge the same enemy, like 3 times per second.

With the masterwork + purple heavy shield components you're looking at over 9000 damage per hit.

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
Tip for Titans: try to attack out of LoS. Also, if it's one of the ones that shoot fire, aim for the yellow bits on the arms. Ice status effects also seem to work well.

Yea I was miles out behind a rock against fire titan. Waiting on weak points with a sniper, thing is I couldn't see the attacks hitting me as they were literally waiting for me as I spawned in. It was a mission where re spawning wasn't restricted so nobody bothered reviving me. The attacks from the titans are janky as hell. I swear that I was dodging or flying over his attacks but it hit me no matter what. Re spawned back into mission and it put me with another group that was already past the titan and half way through the next section, weird!!

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I was miles out behind a rock against fire titan. Waiting on weak points with a sniper, thing is I couldn't see the attacks hitting me as they were literally waiting for me as I spawned in. It was a mission where re spawning wasn't restricted so nobody bothered reviving me. The attacks from the titans are janky as hell. I swear that I was dodging or flying over his attacks but it hit me no matter what. Re spawned back into mission and it put me with another group that was already past the titan and half way through the next section, weird!!

Yeah all sorts of bugs n stuff right now. For me, I couldn't sniper because the Titan's arms wouldn't stay in the same position for long enough. Just used my plasma stars, and cryo glaives. Ice status effects on Titans lets me do additional ice damage.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
For all of the love the Colossus gets (I understand it), I have a hard time getting into the class. Not so much really because of the way it plays, but more because of how much I end up colliding with other players on the ground, especially if a group has more than just one Colossus. It's always "Pardon me, may I get through?". The other problem is that because it's so bulky, it takes up way more of the screen and then you have to deal with all of the particle effects exploding on top of you constantly. Really want to play it, but it's been difficult.

Also, does anyone else think the waypoint system during a mission leaves much to be desired? Sometimes it will point way ahead of you in a line, but then just before you get halfway, it will suddenly do a sharp angle, which then requires you to do forty-five degree turn and sometimes even a U-turn. I also just now had a bug where the waypoints couldn't even decide where I should go and I had TWO blue arrows on both the compass and on screen, while also displaying the yellow scroll (you are at the destination) marker up at the same time.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Firewall + Siege Cannon
Lightning Coil + Flamethrower
Shock Coil + Rail Gun

These are some nice combo stuff I use for my Colossus. Get my Ultimates nonstop, I listed the basic versions but for most above I'm using Master Work level ones so I have the extra bonuses like 200% more Combo damage, Kills give back 35% armour.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
I hate my friend. The RNG luck he has is a fucking joke, 4 Legendaries in a row from 3 Strongholds. His final one well check the video lol.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I really dig the hell out of Colossus Melee play. Stacking the deck with some good crafted components is the best. Can anyone explain the Armor vs Shields element on their gear, though? How does that calculate?

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I was free roaming with a friend, did like four challenges and got 25 exotic embers things a lots of purples, server kicked me out and lost everything. good lord

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Firewall + Siege Cannon
Lightning Coil + Flamethrower
Shock Coil + Rail Gun

These are some nice combo stuff I use for my Colossus. Get my Ultimates nonstop, I listed the basic versions but for most above I'm using Master Work level ones so I have the extra bonuses like 200% more Combo damage, Kills give back 35% armour.
I have the 35% kill one, plus I usually use the MW Siege Cannon that also gives 35% on hit. Being able to refresh health in the middle of combat is a GAME CHANGER for higher level Colossus play.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So far is a good solid campaign, the pun girl is adorable also why the freelancer so easy going , been a while since a faceless prot with a defined personality at the start

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I love the mobility that the Interceptor has in comparison to everyone else. Pretty much playing them is like playing Warframe.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Has anyone completed the campaign solo? Did you like the last mission?

Maybe it's because I was only level 14(this includes several hours of freeplay) but holy crap was it a badly designed encounter. You can see the entire mission was either designed for higher level players or for a group of 4. Just chipping away tiny amounts of damage as you prance around the arena waiting for your super to build. Rinse and repeat 3 times.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Get into the mission, the tomb of General Tarsis, and the game crashes and reboots.

Aaaand again, right as the countdown to mission end, ends... wtf.

Last edited:

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So here's what a 40,000 health health bar looks like lmao

ksBTu6y.jpg

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Ok cool.

Some of the rewards for challenges seem to be so lackluster. E.g. 2000 coins for doing x, when I can get easily get 4000 during normal freeplay. Unless you also get green/blue drops as rewards, but they're not listed?
The only time coins drop is when you complete challenges/feats. If you got 4000 coins in freeplay it was for completing something.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Did you guys see Travis Day's (Diablo 3 dev) suggestions for improving Anthem?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ato54p/reward_structure_issues_and_ideas/

Really good stuff here and a lot of lessons that I think everyone either hoped or assumed would be in the game already since this is ground already tread by Anthem's predecessors.

Everything he says here is spot-on. Again, on a mechanical level, the current progression of Anthem is deeply flawed. You just don't realize it until much later in the game.