• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know a good interceptor build I'm trying this javelin out and I'm not to sure how to go about it. I use the Unending Battle fun for extra mêle dmg. I'm just not to sure what are some good primers and detonators. I like the mêle aspect and less shooting. Any tips?

bazzi

Dec 19, 2017
Does anyone know a good interceptor build I'm trying this javelin out and I'm not to sure how to go about it. I use the Unending Battle fun for extra mêle dmg. I'm just not to sure what are some good primers and detonators. I like the mêle aspect and less shooting. Any tips?
I'm using cyro glaive and mw acid spray that gives 700% ultimate charge on hit, it's very good. Hit like 4 enemies with it and get like half your ultimate bar lol

Otherwise I'm just using the weapon you mentioned + mw components, nothing too special

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

I haven't played Interceptor too much but I found Spark Dash a fun skill. Someone also told me the icon is bugged and it doesn't show up as a detonator when it really is.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
I find it hard to believe so many people are having trouble with the tombs quest. Unless they changed something by the time it came up for me most of it was already done. And i didn't even spend a lot of time in freeplay, it was just from doing the main campaign and side missions.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I find it hard to believe so many people are having trouble with the tombs quest. Unless they changed something by the time it came up for me most of it was already done. And i didn't even spend a lot of time in freeplay, it was just from doing the main campaign and side missions.
They changed it to track progress from when you hit lvl 3 instead of from when you unlock the quest. There was also a "bug" that hit a lot of us that made it to where we had 0 progress when we got the quest.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017

They changed it so it tracked all your progress for it before you even got the quest.

Before the fix, progress only started once you unlocked the quest. It was such a buzzkill to be halted right in the middle of the campaign with all those challenges.

Oct 27, 2017
Posting my Blast Ranger build video soon.

Truth of Tarsis (Legendary Devastator Sniper)
Ralner's Blaze (MW Hard Hitting AR which procs fire on 5 hits)
MW Blast Missile
MW Seeker Grenades
MW Component (50% damage to Blast)

I got lucky with some stat rolls and got +Damage% on Snipers and increased ammo capacity.

If you want to set fire to everything and see lots of explosions, while hitting hard with the ToT Sniper - this one is pretty effective for GM runs. Not as aggressive as my melee / detonator build, but the burst damage is insane on enemy weak spots and groups. You could also switch out the Seeker Grenades for MW Inferno Grenade (mine came with 2 charges), hitting 2 enemies with this will cause an explosion (Blast damage) and also set them on fire.

Last edited:

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using cyro glaive and mw acid spray that gives 700% ultimate charge on hit, it's very good. Hit like 4 enemies with it and get like half your ultimate bar lol

Otherwise I'm just using the weapon you mentioned + mw components, nothing too special

How do I get a support system item... I can't seem to make something for that slot drop. I'm stuck with a 7power one while everything else is 45...

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think the loading screen issue is overblown on PC...with my 860 EVO it's a few seconds at most...no big deal but I'm guessing on consoles it must be a lot worse which can be frustrating...the gun variety is an issue but since I prefer playing as Storm that doesn't bother me as much since I mostly prefer using the Abilities

if it took Destiny 1, Division 1 etc almost a year or longer to get in really good shape then I don't understand why people expect Anthem to be perfect on Day 1...people need to relax and give it some time...the core gameplay and mechanics are excellent so it's easier to fix the game around that

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
Reddit threads are reporting the drop rates might have gotten broken in the latest patch. I thought it was odd I wasn't getting any master works from stronghold runs tonight.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The cutscene where you meet up with Faye and Haluk in the pirate princess' lair had me aching with disappointment that Bioware didn't just make this as one of their traditional RPGs. That scene feels so much like a great conversation in a Mass Effect game, complete with a Renegade Interrupt when your character suddenly reaches out and eats the pheromone sac. The writing is great, the tone is spot on, the facial animation could have been the next step forward for RPG storytelling... but ultimately it's just a pre-rendered cutscene. It just happens while you watch, and then you're back to shooting guys again because that's the only agency you have in this world.

Anthem has all the basic building blocks of a great RPG, and it's just such a shame it has to be a mindless loot game. I know loot shooters are better for the publisher's bottom line, but fuck it, RPGs are just a better kind of game. Anthem would be such a treat if you could actually have real conversations with the NPCs in Tarsis, and if you could fill your quest log and venture out into the world beyond the walls to bang out five of them without having to load into a separate instance and come straight back to Tarsis for every step of every quest line. And we know that Bioware could have made that game, and made it damn well. Yet here we are in this situation where a company synonymous with great RPGs goes and makes a loot shooter instead.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
The cutscene where you meet up with Faye and Haluk in the pirate princess' lair had me aching with disappointment that Bioware didn't just make this as one of their traditional RPGs. That scene feels so much like a great conversation in a Mass Effect game, complete with a Renegade Interrupt when your character suddenly reaches out and eats the pheromone sac. The writing is great, the tone is spot on, the facial animation could have been the next step forward for RPG storytelling... but ultimately it's just a pre-rendered cutscene. It just happens while you watch, and then you're back to shooting guys again because that's the only agency you have in this world.

Anthem has all the basic building blocks of a great RPG, and it's just such a shame it has to be a mindless loot game. I know loot shooters are better for the publisher's bottom line, but fuck it, RPGs are just a better kind of game. Anthem would be such a treat if you could actually have real conversations with the NPCs in Tarsis, and if you could fill your quest log and venture out into the world beyond the walls to bang out five of them without having to load into a separate instance and come straight back to Tarsis for every step of every quest line. And we know that Bioware could have made that game, and made it damn well. Yet here we are in this situation where a company synonymous with great RPGs goes and makes a loot shooter instead.

The writing in the game is WAY BETTER than ME:A. Absolutely love the characters in ANTHEM and I really hope it carries over to a single player RPG. Still liking this story way more than I thought I would.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
think the loading screen issue is overblown on PC...with my 860 EVO it's a few seconds at most...
This is demonstrably false. SSD users regularly have loads of ~40s. Before the patch I had nearly minute-long loading screens on my 970 Evo. There's plenty of video evidence of these loads, no need to downplay or deny their existence.
if it took Destiny 1, Division 1 etc almost a year or longer to get in really good shape then I don't understand why people expect Anthem to be perfect on Day 1
Because it's not 2014. And we complained then, too.
people need to relax and give it some time
Maybe they shouldn't charge full price for an incomplete experience.

Oct 27, 2017
Reddit threads are reporting the drop rates might have gotten broken in the latest patch. I thought it was odd I wasn't getting any master works from stronghold runs tonight.

Thought something was off. Last night MWs were dropping like crazy in my Stronghold runs. Now I'm getting blues and greens from Stronghold chests, maybe some purple.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Did a stronghold with a few buddies earlier and just found out from them there's only three in the game. God damn...

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The writing in the game is WAY BETTER than ME:A. Absolutely love the characters in ANTHEM and I really hope it carries over to a single player RPG. Still liking this story way more than I thought I would.

Absolutely. Even when they're shooting for the same kind of jokey, flippant character archetype, I find Anthem manages to make them genuinely endearing. I really couldn't stand Liam in Andromeda, for comparison, whereas Owen in Anthem has made me laugh out loud more than once just by shooting a wry look at me to punctuate a moment. If Bioware could have spent all this time and budget on a full-on RPG with Anthem-quality facial animation (at least sparingly, I know it couldn't be like that 100% of the time) it would have been a dream game.

God, I would be so down for a singleplayer Anthem RPG. I guess it was probably never in the cards, and at this point maybe it never will be, but a man can dream.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
The writing is great, the tone is spot on, the facial animation could have been the next step forward for RPG storytelling... but ultimately it's just a pre-rendered cutscene. It just happens while you watch, and then you're back to shooting guys again because that's the only agency you have in this world.

Yep. The design of this game was misguided from day one, quarantining the story and dialogue off to the side so that you are just watching and listening and ultimately bored because none of it really matters and the dialogue 'choices' they give you are pointless. And then there's the half of the game you actually play. And yeah there's talky talky stuff during the missions but this kind of voiced narrative overlaying the action is no different than a hundred other games. And it's doubly painful because BioWare have been the absolute masters of interweaving story and dialogue and characters and choices into the actual game.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. Even when they're shooting for the same kind of jokey, flippant character archetype, I find Anthem manages to make them genuinely endearing. I really couldn't stand Liam in Andromeda, for comparison, whereas Owen in Anthem has made me laugh out loud more than once just by shooting a wry look at me to punctuate a moment. If Bioware could have spent all this time and budget on a full-on RPG with Anthem-quality facial animation (at least sparingly, I know it couldn't be like that 100% of the time) it would have been a dream game.

God, I would be so down for a singleplayer Anthem RPG. I guess it was probably never in the cards, and at this point maybe it never will be, but a man can dream.

It feels like an FMV game.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think the loading screen issue is overblown on PC...with my 860 EVO it's a few seconds at most...no big deal

I am going to call bullshit on this.
I orginally had it installed on my second SSD a 860 evo as well. and it was 90 seconds before the patch.
I moved to my M.2 PCIe NVME SSD a WD Black and it sped them up a tiny bit maybe 5-20 seconds faster, after the patch they are a touch shorter but they are still around a minute on that SSD

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This is demonstrably false. SSD users regularly have loads of ~40s. Before the patch I had nearly minute-long loading screens on my 970 Evo. There's plenty of video evidence of these loads, no need to downplay or deny their existence...

where are these long load times?...after a mission?...going back to the Fort?...I should take a video of my loading times which are nowhere near 40 seconds...

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on Xbox able to take screenshots? I can capture video just fine, but when I try to take a screenshot, nothing actually happens.

Funkallero

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Does anyone know how is the performance on PS4 Pro with the console forced in 1080p without supersampling?
Was able to get much better framerate with this technique in the demo...

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
where are these long load times?...after a mission?...going back to the Fort?...I should take a video of my loading times which are nowhere near 40 seconds...
I just took a video to prove the load times:

20 seconds to load game
50 seconds to load into freeplay
18 second load to results
18 seconds back to Tanis (36 seconds total of loading from freeplay back to town)

and this is on a crazy fast drive

WD Black NVME PCIe M.2 drive
2700x
2080ti
16GB DDR4 3200 CL14

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
The worst thing is getting booted out of a session due to loss of connection to EA's servers while starting an expedition. After two or three times i just don't have it in me to start it back up even though I was having fun.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just took a video to prove the load times:

20 seconds to load game
50 seconds to load into freeplay
18 second load to results
18 seconds back to Tanis (36 seconds total of loading from freeplay back to town)

and this is on a crazy fast drive

WD Black NVME PCIe M.2 drive
2700x
2080ti
16GB DDR4 3200 CL14

so it's mostly 18-20 seconds...that's not the 1-2 minute exaggerations I keep reading online...exactly what I said, nowhere near 40 seconds

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This is on a fast ssd its 40 seconds for the most part. Now think how much slower a HDD is, why do you say they are exaggerations... what is your game??

my point was that on an SSD the load times are nowhere near what I've been hearing (1-2 minutes)...load times are pretty quick on a PC with an SSD...if you're playing with a HDD or on console then I can see it being more annoying but it's fine for the most part on an SSD (which is what most people should have installed on their PC in 2019)

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The way they're trying to make 'glitch' happen as an f-word analogue is maybe the worst part of this whole thing. "Glitched up". "Get glitched".

Awful. Shameful.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I must have the worst fuckin' luck - out of 7 Quickplay attempts, only 1 of them was not bugged and allowed me to complete it. I'm trying to get my Legionnaire challenge done damnit.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
my point was that on an SSD the load times are nowhere near what I've been hearing (1-2 minutes)...load times are pretty quick on a PC with an SSD...if you're playing with a HDD or on console then I can see it being more annoying but it's fine for the most part on an SSD (which is what most people should have installed on their PC in 2019)

I mean, I have an SSD, but isn't that on the developer to aim at the broadest audience? If you can see why it's an annoyance on consoles, and you also assume that a good portion of your PC audience might not have SSDs (or use their SSD as their boot drive with another for gaming), then that's... a problem?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did a stronghold with a few buddies earlier and just found out from them there's only three in the game. God damn...

Yeah, pretty disappointing. We just did our first one and went in on hard. Was the most fun I have had with the game. Need lots more of that.

so it's mostly 18-20 seconds...that's not the 1-2 minute exaggerations I keep reading online...exactly what I said, nowhere near 40 seconds

Mine are wayyyyy better after the "day 1" patch. They were fucking terrible for the first week.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

unknown.png

It's not just a PC issue, is it?

Blyr

Oct 27, 2017
Loading times are significantly improved from the early release period, can confirm

I used to have 5mins+ loading fort tarsis, and 2-3 mins loading a mission, meaning I'd always be far behind everyone else when the mission loaded and get caught in a load screen loop from being tethered

After the day 1 patch I have maybe ~1 minute loading times into tarsis for the first time, and 20-40s load times after

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Prior to the "day 1" patch, I moved the game from my HDD to my NON NVMe SSD. I also lowered my settings from High to Low. As a result, I managed to lower my free play load in time from a literal 3 minutes, to a mere one minute fifty seconds. No one is exaggerating their load times. Quit calling people liars on the basis that an M.2 drive lets you load in faster. Seriously, you ain't even playing the game and you're calling people who are liars.

ChanceOwen

Oct 25, 2017
I think I need some clarification regarding events in Freeplay. Because of the daily trial, I did about 10 of what I thought were World Events in Freeplay complete with collection of the treasure chest at the end, but getting back to home base, it says I only completed 3/6 World Events. What are the other events considered if not World Events?

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else experience through gameplay where you loose control of everything and it takes a while to get it back. I'll get stuck running into walls with no control while things just shoot and kill me. Pretty frustrating. I don't know if it's server lag or the game just runs like shit. I'll have to look around to see if this is a known bug. Really really annoying.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in this weird part of the game level 16 where their are no quest. Don't know really what to do lol

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
As soon as the day 1 demo DDoS'd all of EAs own servers across all their games, that should have been the red flag that Anthem would be one of the biggest technical messes ever.