• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I am enjoying the game even more now that the final release is out. Main reason is that during early access, I did not want to waste any of my 10 hours searching and reading the codex etc. Today, I am taking my time, clicking on the hidden items, reading the cortex, which there are some interesting and funny stuff and just getting to know the game world more by reading about this stuff. Game is a blast to play. When I did early access, I did not plow through the story, I took my time and did a mix of freeplay, side stuff and then did some story missions. This has made me enjoy the game a bit more and the Tomb thing was a breeze because a lot of the stuff I had already done/collected.

No issues redeeming my Rewards on my end. What I noticed last night on my wife's system (we game share) is that I got a system notification that the Legion of Dawn and VIP stuff downloaded. When I booted my Xbox this afternoon got the same notification. The fix that BioWare suggested was to delete and redownload those, perhaps they forced it on their end since I had downloaded when I pre-ordered. But all is well with that.

My only gripe right now is that HDR is busted as previously reported. Prior to the patch the HDR was great.
omg same. I didn't want to waste my ea access trial reading the cortex. So im doing it now that i have the game. I was worried bout the LOD stuff at first because i didn't see it on the rewards screen. But when i collected the rewards for the vip demo and ea access....it popped up right next to them.

HDR stopped working for me after the patch on the ea access trial. but i got my physical copy today and HDR is working for me

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i don't remember GAF being nowhere near this toxic and negative

not on the gaming side
No it was definitely this bad, especially with EA games. Talking about Andromeda was an exercise in suffering to the point where the OT died because nobody wanted to engage anymore.

All the "I hope Bioware survives it!" stuff has been going on since they revealed the title and is all nonsense, people absolutely wanted this to fail and want Bioware to collapse to revel in it and EA's futility.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
There's always the first time for everything!

Does it mean that the weapon might serve as a primer?
Yvenia does not, but it DOES chew through enemies with shields. It's a baller MW weapon, I had one drop two days ago, I've been using it as a secondary consistently ever since, even on my Colossus.

It can also stun-lock some enemies if it procs enough. Way better than the other MW weapons I've received so far.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
We ran for a few matches just then. Performance is much better than demo on base ps4.
There was a glitch that prevented me to go back to the Fort from the multi hub though, I had to go on Freeplay and quit back to Fort.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got this

7eb2s32.png

Have they mentioned when they're gonna make inventory management not absolute shit?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
So I've beaten the story and I'm level 22, should I just go ahead and knock out Agent Missions until 30 or just start running Strongholds?

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Been playing all day, just got to the quest from the demo. Haven't had this much fun since forsaken launched. Almost lvl 20.

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone on PS4 wanna exchange friend requests? Don't have many on my list playing atm to take advantage of the alliance bonus

PSN: jaydee191

SoftTaur

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I was sent to the social hub after a mission and the prompt at the door to leave wasn't triggering so I had to quit to main menu...

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Arghhh.

Doing the 4 titan challenge solo (because i cant ping anything) qnd i was about to fire the last bullet to kill the last titan and....server timed out.

Fucking game. It takes ages solo.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Of course not and you shouldn't expect them too. You will get the typical community manager responses about how they are always taking feedback and improve the experience for everyone, etc and nothing more.

there were replies to the bug list but for some reason i could not find that thread anymore in reddit

also navigation in reddit really sucks

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Did anyone playtest this game for balance purposes? Avenging Herald and Gunslinger Token = 150k+ on Tyrant Queen. The boss isn't even able to start climbing the walls.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
there were replies to the bug list but for some reason i could not find that thread anymore in reddit

also navigation in reddit really sucks
Yeah, I've bee following that thread. It's all typical community manager interactions.

You won't see an actual Dev or exec comment on the game until it's time for their financial report.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Earned a fair number of masterworks. Got Wyvern Blitz 4 fucking times! Got around 5 others, one duped. Do you get masterworked components as well?

For some reason I was sent to the social hub after a mission and the prompt at the door to leave wasn't triggering so I had to quit to main menu...
Yep, happened to me. I was once sent to Haluk's Strider! I could walk around but when I used the Forge the game crashed. So many little (and not so little) bugs in the game. It's like a nest of ants have got loose.

Last edited:

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd posted previously that the day zero patch rendered the game inoperable on my PC (gtx 1060) with stutters so intense the game wasn't playable. I checked again tonight and the game is working decently well now. I'm not sure if they patched the patch or what, but thankfully I can play again.

I watched a review earlier that summed things up very aptly -- he said bioware got the difficult stuff right and the easy stuff completely wrong. When I'm running, jumping, flying, and shooting lots of enemies -- It's fun! It's hard to be too cynical or negative when you're flying around blasting things. It just comes to a screeching halt every time the mission ends and I'm forced to go back to the FPP story area. I genuinely hope they somehow turn this game into a success story (I mean qualitatively. I won't try to predict how well it will or won't sell).

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
When I'm running, jumping, flying, and shooting lots of enemies -- It's fun! It's hard to be too cynical or negative when you're flying around blasting things.

Pretty much. When things go wrong it gets frustrating as hell but man can this game be fun. I just hope EA doesn't give up and keeps a big team on to fix things up and they might have something great down the line. It's a big hill to climb because I feel like they need to tighten up some of the technical issues, bugs while also tackling things like UI, loot, loading screens etc AND new content at the same time.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I watched a review earlier that summed things up very aptly -- he said bioware got the difficult stuff right and the easy stuff completely wrong. When I'm running, jumping, flying, and shooting lots of enemies -- It's fun! It's hard to be too cynical or negative when you're flying around blasting things. It just comes to a screeching halt every time the mission ends and I'm forced to go back to the FPP story area. I genuinely hope they somehow turn this game into a success story (I mean qualitatively. I won't try to predict how well it will or won't sell).

That's a good description of how I feel so far, although I generally don't mind some of the easy things they messed up. I would rather them mess up the easy stuff and get the hard stuff right as opposed to vice versa. Like you said, hopefully they get around to fixing it.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Having fun with this so far. Just got past the prologue part and picked Storm as my first javelin. Waiting on my buddy to get to that point and then we'll party up and move forward.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
So, joined a mission in Quickplay outside a cave whilst the others were already in the cave. I go in the cave and get an infinite loading screen. Why didn't I join in the cave?
This is worse than Andromeda. At least that game functioned. I don't remember too many bugs except in the animations and characters (the eyes for example).

Going out to do a mission which may only last 10 minutes then going straight back to the Fort everytime is a bad design choice. The game is only an open world in freeroam. And as you say the combat mechanics, the flight etc is fun. The rest is just meh (when it works).

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
welp. I got a good bug.

I switched over to my Ranger....from using Colossus. And was able to use the Colossus autocannons

Rilian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Earned a fair number of masterworks. Got Wyvern Blitz 4 fucking times! Got around 5 others, one duped. Do you get masterworked components as well?
Not sure what difficulty you're on, but I think you'll only get masterwork weapons on hard. I believe that masterwork components only start dropping on GM difficulties.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I keep persisting even though I keep getting disconnected every 30 minutes.

I hope Bioware supports the game properly and it doesn't get abandoned because I absolutely love aspects of how this thing plays. The colossus is so much fun to pilot.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet. Game crashed on Xbox, now I can't get back in because it keeps crashing at the title screen.